Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

This from the man who wants us to believe he attacked his mom with a hammer once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

As usual, my first thought is "is he really that ignorant or is he just pandering to people who are?"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Please let this go to trial. I don't ask for much. But let this go to trial. They're both alive. Let each have their time in court as equal citizens.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Winkie01 posted:

Meanwhile in San Fransico today....

https://www.instagram.com/p/-z3eBvPopx/

Well you see, he was coming right for me. Yeah, I moved myself into his path, so what?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

The Glumslinger posted:

And without federal laws, they're just gonna buyt their poo poo in Nevada and Arizona

I find it funny in a way that every entrance into CA has a checkpoint for out of state produce, but they don't ask you if you are bringing in guns.

:cop: Do you have any fruits or veggies?
:jihad: Nope!
[drives into the state with a trunk full of guns]

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've been out, was there anything more to that name they were reporting?

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
What am I looking at here? It looks like a whole pack of police have some cowering guy cornered, and when he tries to shuffle away they reenact Normandy on him.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

What am I looking at here? It looks like a whole pack of police have some cowering guy cornered, and when he tries to shuffle away they reenact Normandy on him.
Well it's clearly not the whole story because I can tell you that police are only our finest most selfless citizens and to :barf:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I guess this is a good time to ask: just a day or two ago yall were talking about a book about workplace violence that had "postal"in the title. Anyone remember what it was and who the author is?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Well it's clearly not the whole story because I can tell you that police are only our finest most selfless citizens and to :barf:

I was hearing on CNN how the san bernadino thing is a sign that we need to further empower our police with high power weapons so the first responders to the scene can go in there with matching fire power

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

It looks like one of them shot him and then everyone went, welp. Can't leave him alive now.

Edit: Oh, they hit him with a bean bag round first.

VVVVVV poo poo.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 3, 2015

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Update: he is dead.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/12/02/video-purports-to-show-police-shooting.html

e: replaced link with a better one.

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 3, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Winkie01 posted:

I'm not a fan of peach brandy. But the burger brat sandwich? I'd eat that.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Winkie01 posted:

:nws::nms:^^^

It's nice we can use police as an impromptu firing squad death sentence versus an actual process of law and order. Making good headway in the competition against Burundi.

Good job not marking that with warnings too! :thumbsup:

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Detonation of bomb in 2 minutes.

ass struggle fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 3, 2015

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Better link.

Also, let's start debating about Daesh again.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Well when at least half a dozen cops have some guy literally backed up against the wall, the only safe option is to mow him down like you're a firing squad carrying out an execution.

Really, none of SF's finest had a tazer or pepper spray or training on how to use them?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
GOD loving DAMMIT

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

site posted:

I guess this is a good time to ask: just a day or two ago yall were talking about a book about workplace violence that had "postal"in the title. Anyone remember what it was and who the author is?

Going Postal, by Mark Ames, I believe. I'm def gonna order that tonight.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

edit: I'm being a dick because I'm mad

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Really, none of SF's finest had a tazer or pepper spray or training on how to use them?

The police officer's defense in the Oscar Grant shooting was that he thought his gun was a taser.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Yoshifan823 posted:

Going Postal, by Mark Ames, I believe. I'm def gonna order that tonight.

There is a free download. :)
(I'm going to remove the link just in case)
This isn't files is it? :ninja:
I thought for sure he released it for free.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 3, 2015

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

ap confirms one of the gunmen was named syed farook

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

The police officer's defense in the Oscar Grant shooting was that he thought his gun was a taser.
Even after everything that has happened since then, I can't believe that worked.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

site posted:

I think the one mentioned was "Going Postal" by Mark Ames. Coincidentally, there's another book called "Beyond Going Postal" by Stephen Musacco, which you can find online here.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Holy gently caress that SF video, gently caress my life today has been a horrible day

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Samurai Sanders posted:

Even after everything that has happened since then, I can't believe that worked.

At first I thought that was the one with the volunteer deputy that shot a suspect on the ground in cuffs in Oklahoma.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Someone please make a list of the good things that happened this year so I can read it tomorrow and have a nice start to my day.

Remember when we got gay marriage? Man, that was a great day.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I wonder how that SF police shooting video must look to our European counterparts. I can't think of a response other than "they're loving crazy. :stare:"

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Come on haven't you guys seen that mythbusters episode? 21 foot rule when it comes to cops and knives.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Abel Wingnut posted:

The year is 2018.

God-Emperor Trump sits upon the Golden Throne, judging the Tau, the Eldar, the n-- er, Dark Eldar, all fall beneath his righteous gaze. :suicide:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Toshimo posted:

It's always amazed me that ISIS/AQ/any body-with-a-beef never just nabbed a few trucks, filled them with gas cans and left them to explode in some Walmart or Target or (God help us) Piggly Wiggly parking lots. Low efffort, low skill, low risk. Just set a fuse and watch America eat itself.

You wanna know the real reason? It's because it's real easy to gently caress up and blow your fool self up. Or to gently caress up while they're making a small test bomb, singe themselves badly, and call the whole thing off.

Also forget a parking lot, just blow up a car in or on a major metro's most important bridge or tunnel and it'll kill tons of people, injure even more, and cost billions in damage. Ain't like the cops are going to be able to stop you. But none of em ever manage to pull it off. It's probably because most would be terrorists are too stupid or lazy to think that far ahead.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Abel Wingnut posted:

Oh cool. Chances yet another white shooter of "unknown motive" unleashes vengeance on random bystanders next week based on the slightest provocation because of this?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
fishmech is correct about bombs. Weatherman, the PIRA, UDA, UVF, etc all had spectacular own goals with bombs in the latter half of the twentieth century.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's just, a holiday party for county bureaucrats would be such a weird target for any kind of terrorist attack. They're already at a place that would be a better soft target.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Do we know the names of the other two shooters? Any concrete theories on a motive yet? I have a bad feeling that the longer that Muslim-sounding name hangs in the air with no further info, the more likely it is that some goober who's way too wound-up over ISIS will do something stupid and violent.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

It's just, a holiday party for county bureaucrats would be such a weird target for any kind of terrorist attack. They're already at a place that would be a better soft target.

What if the terrorist came from inside the christmas party?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I saw an article that said that one of the suspects worked for the department of health, so it looks like a personal beef.

No idea how three people became involved.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Do we know the names of the other two shooters?

No.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Any concrete theories on a motive yet?

No.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I have a bad feeling that the longer that Muslim-sounding name hangs in the air with no further info, the more likely it is that some goober who's way too wound-up over ISIS will do something stupid and violent.

Yep. The Islamophobia is already gearing up.

So yeah, I would say the chances of that are starting to look better and better.

EDIT: CAIR is planning on holding a press conference in 30 minutes with the guy's dad, so yeah, expect the screaming white hot ball of Islamophobia to get even louder.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Welp it's started

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/suspect-involved-calif-massacre-identified-article-1.2453471

quote:

One of the suspects in Wednesday’s mass shooting in San Bernardino, Calif. has been identified as Syed Farook, according to reports.

Farook was linked to the horrific slaughter that took place at the Inland Regional Center, according to NBC News.

After police announced that two suspects — a male and a female — were dead following a car chase and shoot out with police, a search began at a nearby Redlands apartment linked to the suspects.

A man who identified himself as Farook’s father told the Daily News his son worked as a health technician inspecting restaurants and hotels.

“I haven’t heard anything. He worked in a county office,” Farook's dad told The News. “He’s married and has a kid. We’re estranged because my wife got the divorce, and they are together. She doesn’t want to see me.”

Farook said he hasn’t seen his son in some time.

“He was very religious. He would go to work, come back, go to pray, come back. He’s Muslim.”

This is going to be a poo poo show.

• Locked thread