Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Both groups have had organizations loudly threatening to stay home if Hillary can't actually put some actions behind her words on immigration and BLM. No one has said anything remotely similar about Trump.

Then let them. I'm sure things would be better for them under a fascist president running on racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

McDowell posted:

I'm sure a concealed carry would have done wonders if the reports of body armor prove correct.

According to my cousin's husband (who owns a gun store and is an ER doctor), this is why they train you to shoot targets in the head because of some story of a shooter who was shot in the chest but was wearing body armor so he was able to kill more people.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
When it is actually the time to vote, maybe there will be bigger events that let the voters' minds off this current act of terrorism!

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

General election polls this far out are not accurate and should be disregarded.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Hillary can't take any criticism whatsoever and will shrivel up next to the man who fires his mouth like an automatic weapon.

I could see Hillary attempting to play the sexism card against Trump in a debate and having it go as well as when she tried to play the 9/11 card.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

fknlo posted:

Then let them. I'm sure things would be better for them under a fascist president running on racism.

Uhhhh......

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Lemming posted:

Romney was ahead of Obama at certain points 1 year out then lost by almost 4%.

Which is why I gave Trump 47% to start with. I think it would be difficult to do worse than Romney, given the relatively unfavorable atmosphere for Obama.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

According to my cousin's husband (who owns a gun store and is an ER doctor), this is why they train you to shoot targets in the head because of some story of a shooter who was shot in the chest but was wearing body armor so he was able to kill more people.

Yes, aim for the smaller target that's harder to hit. That will always work well.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Its my understanding that gerrymandering and voter suppression mostly affects local and congressional elections and not presidential ones.

2016 is going to be unique, because a war atmosphere with BLM & Immigration activism in full swing is going to make some new history, because 2004 was loving awful if you at all even considered being critical of the OUR BLESSED LAND.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

toanoradian posted:

When it is actually the time to vote, maybe there will be bigger events that let the voters' minds off this current act of terrorism!

Yes! Possibly an economic crisis! After all, most votes are determined by the state of the economy within the final few months of the election cycle. So you better hope that we don't hit a speed bump next year!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Which is why I gave Trump 47% to start with. I think it would be difficult to do worse than Romney, given the relatively unfavorable atmosphere for Obama.

The other thing that posters seem to forget is that Trump is running against Obama, while Hillary is running as Obama redux.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

fknlo posted:

Refusing to support Hilary for not outright supporting them knowing full well that it would lead to Trump outright making GBS threads down their necks seems really short sighted...

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
So what's the best expat country? Does that even matter since the USA will become UST? Will there be much irony as other nations block US refugees?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Refusing to support Hilary for not outright supporting them knowing full well that it would lead to Trump outright making GBS threads down their necks seems really short sighted...

welcome to single issue voters

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

So what's the best expat country? Does that even matter since the USA will become UST? Will there be much irony as other nations block US refugees?

The UK is going to get terrorist attack'd in the next few months, so avoid that place. Mexico has a pretty big ex-pat community, just stay in the enclave.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Lemming posted:

Romney was ahead of Obama at certain points 1 year out then lost by almost 4%.

Also: National polls are poo poo.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

But she didn't pander to us enough!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Since when have liberals ever been known for sticking together despite minor ideological differences?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Yeah, all kinds of poo poo could happen. The Democrats have a built in advantage, but one little thing could flip that 2-3% that makes the difference in the election. Anyone that feels comfortable that the Democrats are a shoe-in for the Presidency are forgetting how awesome of a candidate Obama was.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

I'm glad all the talk of minorities being a near lock for the dem candidate means people will easily blame them for the loss if it occurs

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lessail posted:

I'm glad all the talk of minorities being a near lock for the dem candidate means people will easily blame them for the loss

Didn't happen in 2000, did it?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
If Trump becomes the nominee, the press pointing out he does and says crazy poo poo and is pushing for fascism basically stops. Right now they can do it because, as it is the primary, other parts of the right wing media and other right wing personalities are doing it. This means that they can call him out without appearing biased (since the conservative outlets are taking the mush mouthed criticism role) and frame their reporting as repeating what others on the right are saying (just as how they couldn't talk about the nonsense of the Benghazi panel until McCarthy said it, despite it being obvious). When Trump becomes the nominee, the right will fall in line or stop speaking out against him, and that cover will drop. The press will become the lapdogs we've seen aiding and abetting malfeasance for decades.

Get hyped

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I think Trump would turn off more Republicans with his garbage than Romney did with his milquetoastness.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Fried Chicken posted:

If Trump becomes the nominee, the press pointing out he does and says crazy poo poo and is pushing for fascism basically stops. Right now they can do it because, as it is the primary, other parts of the right wing media and other right wing personalities are doing it. This means that they can call him out without appearing biased (since the conservative outlets are taking the mush mouthed criticism role) and frame their reporting as repeating what others on the right are saying (just as how they couldn't talk about the nonsense of the Benghazi panel until McCarthy said it, despite it being obvious). When Trump becomes the nominee, the right will fall in line or stop speaking out against him, and that cover will drop. The press will become the lapdogs we've seen aiding and abetting malfeasance for decades.

Get hyped

Horse race! Horse race! Horse race!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Am I the only calm fucker left here tonight?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Didn't happen in 2000, did it?

Well Nader provided an obvious scapegoat.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

PhazonLink posted:

Iceland looks nice

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lemming posted:

I think Trump would turn off more Republicans with his garbage than Romney did with his milquetoastness.

You think wrong.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Grouchio posted:

Get your arzy on! :derp:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Lemming posted:

This strikes me as harder to do than you would think if an "inaccurate" poll from a year out can get him 43% (i.e. ~90% of Romney's vote total)

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Black Baby Goku posted:

You think wrong.

I actually know a couple of pretty big shithead conservatives who don't like Trump because they think he's trying to throw the election to the Democrats.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
It's probably correct since the AP reported it, but I'm gonna lol so hard if the sheriff says that name is bullshit at their press conference coming up.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fried Chicken posted:

Iceland looks nice

Hope you don't enjoy eating fresh produce.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Maybe if the arzy-ing started 340 days before the election, people will calm down and not panic on November 7, 2016.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

fknlo posted:

I actually know a couple of pretty big shithead conservatives who don't like Trump because they think he's trying to throw the election to the Democrats.

If he is the only choice they have, they will vote for him

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

Hope you don't enjoy eating fresh produce.

The Hákarl is fresh though!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Black Baby Goku posted:

If he is the only choice they have, they will vote for him

Exactly. Never underestimate the sheer hatred Republicans have for Hillary. And it's not like old conservatives will just stay home because Trump is bad. They have a duty to vote, and if Trump is their only choice, well...

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ComradeCosmobot posted:

This strikes me as harder to do than you would think if an "inaccurate" poll from a year out can get him 43% (i.e. ~90% of Romney's vote total)

10% less than someone who lost in what is widely considered to be pretty much a landslide is not really a strong argument in Trump's favor.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Nah, I'm thoroughly desensitized to violence and accept the void we are all heading into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

If "not pandering enough" to minorities will cost Hillary the election, then she should pander to them in order to win.

• Locked thread