Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

zoux posted:

Ashcroft continues his war on sculptured obscenities in Washington DC.
Unlike the boobs of Justice, this is truly something children shouldn't be exposed to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

zoux posted:

If we understand the post. If we're don't he's implying that all Muslims are goat herding savages.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

toanoradian posted:

Isn't that Cliven Bundy? Is there another one like him that actually shoots up people?

I figure it is, but I want him to seriously defend Cliven Bundy :ssh:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is Graham moderating or is this consistent with him?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zoux posted:

Consistent. Graham's always said we need partners in the region to fight with the thousands of US troops he wants to send.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Obama, speaking to the Oval Office reporter pool, says they still don't know whether this was terrorism or workplace violence.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Joementum posted:

Consistent. Graham's always said we need partners in the region to fight with the thousands of US troops he wants to send.

We don't?

:iran:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Joementum posted:

Obama, speaking to the Oval Office reporter pool, says they still don't know whether this was terrorism or workplace violence.
Why won't Obama call this terrorism???

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Huh. Mike Enzi doesn't look happy to see Liz Cheney this morning.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

zoux posted:

He has no chance, so he has no obligation to be 100% insane like the rest.

It's like when a senator suddenly starts making a lot of sense after they announce that they aren't running for another term.

E:

quote:

@daveweigel: Graham to Jewish GOP voters, versus Trump: "'We’re literally going to round them up.' That sound familiar to you?"

Rhesus Pieces fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 3, 2015

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

When was the last workplace shooting where the shooters wore GoPro's?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JT Jag posted:

Why won't Obama call this terrorism???

Radical. Jihahi. Islam. Say it, Obama, say it.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

These people wore go-pros? Seriously?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Joementum posted:

Huh. Mike Enzi doesn't look happy to see Liz Cheney this morning.

Is Liz the daughter that hates gays? Like her own sister?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

On Terra Firma posted:

Fox News is the only outlet reporting that information currently.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

On Terra Firma posted:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/03/2-suspects-killed-shootout-san-bernardino-massacre-14-killed/

quote:

Dressed in body armor and wearing GoPro cameras, Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and Tashfeen Malik, 27, burst into the San Bernardino facility and shot up a conference room where Farook's employer, the county health department, was hosting a holiday party. The pair escaped in a black SUV after the attack, which authorities said was over within minutes, only to resurface three hours later and less than 2 miles away in a fierce gun battle on the city's main drag.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Gravel Gravy posted:

Aside from Cessna guy and whoever strung up that tax agent some years back? Can't recall exactly what happened with the latter.

I think you're thinking of the census worker who tried to fake his own suicide as a homicide in order for his family to collect on life insurance.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Well I'm really glad I visited that building a month ago before they ruined it with what I assume will be an awful statue of a living war criminal. It's a little strange that they are putting a living person in there either, because from what I understand everyone else has to be dead to get a statue. Granted Cheney is dead on the inside....

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

PhazonLink posted:

Is Liz the daughter that hates gays? Like her own sister?
Yes, but more importantly she said some pretty bad things about Enzi and primaried him before she backed off.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

Stop with this blatant racism

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Well I'm really glad I visited that building a month ago before they ruined it with what I assume will be an awful statue of a living war criminal. It's a little strange that they are putting a living person in there either, because from what I understand everyone else has to be dead to get a statue. Granted Cheney is dead on the inside....

does RMN not have a bust in there

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Rhesus Pieces posted:

He has no chance, so he has no obligation to be 100% insane like the rest.

It's like when a senator suddenly starts making a lot of sense after they announce that they aren't running for another term.

For reference, Rubio also said he had no exception for rape or incest, Politifact reports that he has sponsored legislation with exceptions.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
So according to Obama: it's too early to understand what happened, we need to wait for all the facts before deciding how to respond, oh also we need stricter gun laws.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheDisreputableDog posted:

So according to Obama: it's too early to understand what happened, we need to wait for all the facts before deciding how to respond, oh also we need stricter gun laws.

Problem?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

My Imaginary GF posted:

That black guy who shot the reporter live from the news station he used to work for while she was on air. That might have been just a call phone camera, he recorded the whole thing though.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

We know the guns were legally bought, I believe, so...yeah? Pretty sure the facts he's talking about waiting for are regarding things like the shooters motivation and whether it was a terrorist act or workplace violence, etc.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

That's a possibility.

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

Joementum posted:

Fox News is the only outlet reporting that information currently.

Even if it were true, we have that not-too-distant news anchor shooting that seems not to rule out the workplace dispute angle.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

He's not wrong.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nobody gonna out-Reagan Pataki:

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

The sample size for mass killings in America is too small to draw any valid conclusions, obviously.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Because regardless of what their motives were, they were able to get assault rifles and handguns and kill 14 people and injure another 17 within a couple of minutes?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

Nobody gonna out-Reagan Pataki:

So we install a giant space laser to blast immigrants wearing a crescent moon and star?

Or are we trying to target the Nerevar Reborn?

Malmesbury Monster
Nov 5, 2011

The why is still out, but we're pretty drat sure on the how.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Gravel Gravy posted:

So we install a giant space laser to blast immigrants wearing a crescent moon and star?

Or are we trying to target the Nerevar Reborn?

the Sixth House rises

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Pohl posted:

What? No, the dudes all about being better than everyone else. He's HUGE; god emperor trump is just the next step in his evolution. Do you really think he doesn't salivate at the idea of being President?
I guarantee he has a hard on 24 hours a day right now just thinking about it. poo poo, he's been talking about for what, 20 years now.

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't convinced himself that it is his destiny.

He's lost more money, given up more income, and is going to spend more money than he could ever make back by that model. This isn't a grift job.

AFAIK, Trump hasn't really spent all that much of his own money on his campaign either. Sure, he'd obviously be giving up business income to be President (I know Presidents have to give up corporate positions but I don't think they also have to give up shares or income-earning investments, right? In any case, he's already got all of his adult kids managing his businesses, so-) but I think he could probably recover any personal losses with the right post-oval office jobs. It honestly wouldn't be too different from his pre-campaign days of making public appearances and putting his brand on stuff.

Also, it's not like he hasn't been bankrupt (twice?) before. It's never hurt him for very long or really affected his lifestyle.

At the end of the day, Trump clearly values himself way more than money (as opposed to, I guess, Scrooge McDuck?) and I'm sure he sees "Donald Trump: Commander in Chief" worth whatever the investment in money and time.

In other words, he's campaigning to get attention insomuch as being President is the ultimate kind of attention to get.

greatn posted:

It's really hosed up that every time there's another mass shooting everyone in the thread and in the mainstream political media and thought is openly rooting for the shooters to have been under one political ideology or one race or another.

Because we've had a legit epidemic of domestic, right-wing terrorism during the Obama years clearly fomented by the reactionary backlash to visible liberal gains but, at best, people will connect them as "mass shooter incidents" and lament our inability to agree about guns. Meanwhile, it hasn't been 24 hours and peoplepresidential candidates are already linking San Bernadino to Paris and screaming TOLD YOU ABOUT MUSLIMS BRO

mcmagic posted:

Craig must have went to one of the lessor ivy's.

What?? That doesn't make any sense.

They were both roommates at the same school.

Unless you're implying that Princeton is one of the "lessor ivy's", in which case- absolutely, if we're talking about quality of people. Which makes that Cruz article all the more compelling.

He's a douchebag among douchebags, you might say.

A douchebag's douchebag.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

""I believe I'm gonna win New Hampshire, to be honest with you, honestly believe it." - Jeb Bush, on Monday.

Also, CNN's not gonna pay Trump's ransom demand.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

fknlo posted:

Because regardless of what their motives were, they were able to get assault rifles and handguns and kill 14 people and injure another 17 within a couple of minutes?

So we completely ban automatic weapons like France and... wait-

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Electric Bugaloo posted:

AFAIK, Trump hasn't really spent all that much of his own money on his campaign either. Sure, he'd obviously be giving up business income to be President (I know Presidents have to give up corporate positions but I don't think they also have to give up shares or income-earning investments, right? .

They're just put into blind trusts where you would have no idea that starting two huge wars would benefit your Haliburton portfolio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

SquadronROE posted:

Who has odds on the next shooting being at an Islamic gathering of some sort?

uh I'm certain there's already been another shooting not at a Muslim gathering.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Competition shooters trying to make the most realistic course, then.

• Locked thread