Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Radbot posted:

So if bombs are clear evidence that this was terrorism, why weren't Klebold and Harris considered terrorists when their bombs failed to explode as well?

Klebold and Harris passed the paper bag test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

greatn posted:

I said Saudi Arabia

I thought I heard it wife was from Saudi Arabia. Not all visits to home countries imply attending a terrorist training camp.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

SquadronROE posted:

You realize that people are going to be getting angry and taking out perceived aggressions on people who look like Muslims, right? It's unfortunate, but people equate being brown-skinned and swarthy with being Muslim.

So you just have to be not brown-skinned and swarthy! Easy! I'm sure a country as technologically advanced as America had reverse-tanning booths.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Electric Bugaloo posted:

The one we had not six days ago was "a lone crazy" because calling out his Right Wing agenda and linking it to Dylan Root's and every other nutcase who decided to kill feminists, or abortionists, or 'extremist black power liberals' over the last few years would be unfair and opportunistic, right?

It's quite unfair to compare a handful of nut jobs who are inspired by an otherwise reasonable political position with an entire nation state which controls land, pulls in hundreds of millions per month in revenue, and has a sophisticated and worldwide agitprop operation, yes.

quote:

You're getting all pedantic because Obama attacked a hobby that you like and taking validation in a hypothetical 1% of cases where stricter gun laws wouldn't have made an appreciable difference. "Shame on Obama for suggesting things that would cut down on the type of shooting that makes up the overwhelming majority of cases in our country," you say. "We don't know if it applies here yet."

And not two days ago he said the best way to fight terrorism was "coming together on climate change". He flubbed Syria to the point where ISIS was able to self organize and roll back into Iraq. The France attacks were "a setback". And now he's saying our focus should be on gun control. He's either dangerously disconnected from the realities of how things have changed, or just madly spinning to avoid having to admit he was wrong.

quote:

You're a loving moron and it's painted all over everything you write.
Possibly true, although I'm able to formulate an argument without phoning in personal attacks.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ron Jeremy posted:

I thought I heard it wife was from Saudi Arabia. Not all visits to home countries imply attending a terrorist training camp.

Also its not like Saudi Arabia has a holy site that muslims are supposed to visit at least once or anything.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TheDisreputableDog posted:

It's quite unfair to compare a handful of nut jobs who are inspired by an otherwise reasonable political position with an entire nation state which controls land, pulls in hundreds of millions per month in revenue, and has a sophisticated and worldwide agitprop operation, yes.

Ahahahahaha...ahahahaha....reasonable political position

And not two days ago he said the best way to fight terrorism was "coming together on climate change". He flubbed Syria to the point where ISIS was able to self organize and roll back into Iraq. The France attacks were "a setback". And now he's saying our focus should be on gun control. He's either dangerously disconnected from the realities of how things have changed, or just madly spinning to avoid having to admit he was wrong.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

It's quite unfair to compare a handful of nut jobs who are inspired by an otherwise reasonable political position

In a sane world, this statement would put you on a terrorism watchlist.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

SquadronROE posted:

I think the reason people (myself included) are scared to call this an Islamic Terrorist attack is because we're terrified of what all the vigilantes out there will do to American Muslims if we actually suffer a real attack.

Wouldn't they be more afraid of Obama droning them without due process?

Because honestly that seems like a bigger threat

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Obama has "droned" American Muslims in the US? Link?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
We could destroy Daesh any time. But there is too much cowardice about using militant secularism to restore global sanity.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Man you are so pissed that someone actively engaged in war with the United States of America was killed in the process of said war.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

McDowell posted:

We could destroy Daesh any time. But there is too much cowardice about using militant secularism to restore global sanity.

Exactly, we could even call it "nation building". I'm sure it would go really, really well.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

greatn posted:

I have Muslim friends and coworkers I trust and respect, and other coworkers saying dumb poo poo loudly within earshot. How the gently caress do you just go along like everything is normal when your name is Ahmed?

If I was one of your friends/co-workers, I'd be really loving pissed at Syed Farook for giving the ignorant co-workers validity to their muslim boogeyman.

Also, by extension, Farook's family. This wasn't a loner living in a shack out in a remote location, it was a couple apparently building explosives in their god drat apartment. With a child! It was his brother or father who said yesterday something along the lines "I'm in shock, I don't know how he could have done this, he was quiet and went to work and then to pray"...if you're so goddamned sure how he led his life then how the gently caress did you not noticed slightest change in him or his partner?

That last part is just me pissed about those reactions from the family of shooting suspects, which are personally as stupid as the people recycling their usual thoughts and prayers.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I do love that we have idiots here saying we should invade when we're actually beating ISIS on the ground. Also being that the guy was in Saudi Arabia, and that most of the money that ISIS gets comes from that hellhole, wouldn't it be prudent to drop the idiocy with IRan, shack up with them, and leave the Saudi's hanging?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Radbot posted:

Exactly, we could even call it "nation building". I'm sure it would go really, really well.

W-we'd be greeted as Liberators! :swoon:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Radbot posted:

Militant secularism must be domestic as well. Creationism, antivax, and other relativist 'opinions' have no place in the future.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

I do love that we have idiots here saying we should invade when we're actually beating ISIS on the ground. Also being that the guy was in Saudi Arabia, and that most of the money that ISIS gets comes from that hellhole, wouldn't it be prudent to drop the idiocy with IRan, shack up with them, and leave the Saudi's hanging?

I think that ISIS gets most of its money from oil sales.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Yeah, gently caress the Timothy McVeigh's of the world for making southern culture look bad.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ron Jeremy posted:

I thought I heard it wife was from Saudi Arabia. Not all visits to [developing] countries imply attending a terrorist training camp.

That's good, for a while there I was worried I was a Tamil Tiger operative. :ohdear:

You... do realize that this statement could go a lot of ways? Is that :thejoke:?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

Voting has begun in the Senate on amendments to the budget reconciliation bill. First up is the motion to table an amendment from Patty Murray that would fund security at women's health clinics.

The motion to table is agreed to 54-46.

We now move on to the Johnson (R-WI) amendment, which would magically re-create any healthcare plan that expired in 2013 due to Obamacare.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

zoux posted:

I think that ISIS gets most of its money from oil sales.

There is reason to believe that the Saudis and Qataris are, at least, being negligent in their financial system as we know several groups or people are funneling and managing ISIS funds received from those oil sales in those nations.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

The Larch posted:

Man you are so pissed that someone actively engaged in war with the United States of America was killed in the process of said war.

Exactly what the vigilantes would think - they, like Obama, are patriots.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

There is reason to believe that the Saudis and Qataris are, at least, being negligent in their financial system as we know several groups or people are funneling and managing ISIS funds received from those oil sales in those nations.

I'm sure they are but at this point ISIS is self funding. They'll probably take any motherfuckers money as long as he's giving it away.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

zoux posted:

I'm sure they are but at this point ISIS is self funding. They'll probably take any motherfuckers money as long as he's giving it away.

No, that's not what is happening. ISIS doesn't have access to reliable or safe ways to move that sort of money, they are likely laundering that money through those two.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Oil is big but by no means the only revenue steam for isis

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Because we have a reference guide that lays out unabridgable rights.

They are constantly abridged you dumbass.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Slavery called, it would like to know where you got that idea.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Nope, it wouldn't.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Oil is big but by no means the only revenue steam for isis

Genocide is a very profitable business model. Kill an entire ethnicity and seize their assets without reprocussion? Why not, if you aren't guided by judeo-christian values?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

No, that's not what is happening. ISIS doesn't have access to reliable or safe ways to move that sort of money, they are likely laundering that money through those two.

Well if 19 Saudi nationals crashing planes into iconic American structures and killing thousands of civilians isn't going to get us to do anything, I'm skeptical that this will either

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

If the attack was Terrorism then why hasn't Isis said anything about their attacks via twitter?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

zoux posted:

Well if 19 Saudi nationals crashing planes into iconic American structures and killing thousands of civilians isn't going to get us to do anything, I'm skeptical that this will either

Pretty much. Obama raised the concern a couple weeks ago with the Sauds publicly. The Sauds just kinda nodded and moved on.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

If the attack was Terrorism then why hasn't Isis said anything about their attacks via twitter?

They did. They denied responsibility but congratulated the attackers.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

Genocide is a very profitable business model. Kill an entire ethnicity and seize their assets without reprocussion? Why not, if you aren't guided by judeo-christian values?

And if you are following judeo-christian values just put them into ghettos or reservations.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Seems like rights get abridged pretty often, and it works

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

zoux posted:

Jiiiiiiiiihhhhhhaaaaaaad

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Crowsbeak posted:

, wouldn't it be prudent to drop the idiocy with IRan, shack up with them, and leave the Saudi's hanging?

What do you think the oil embargo is for? You can't flood the market with both sources. You bottle up iran, drink Saudi arabia's milkshake dry, then flip sides.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Joementum posted:

The motion to table is agreed to 54-46.

We now move on to the Johnson (R-WI) amendment, which would magically re-create any healthcare plan that expired in 2013 due to Obamacare.
Just to be clear, this is all kabuki theater since an Obamacare repeal amendment will inevitably be attached to the bill, right?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

A Winner is Jew posted:

And if you are following judeo-christian values just put them into ghettos or reservations.

haha what the gently caress is this

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

JT Jag posted:

Just to be clear, this is all kabuki theater since an Obamacare repeal amendment will inevitably be attached to the bill, right?

The bill repeals Obamacare (and funding for Planned Parenthood), so no amendment needed for that! :v:

But, yes, this is all theater, since the thing's going to be vetoed immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Sinners Sandwich posted:

If this actually turns out to be Islamist terrorism it's going to resemble the Boston bomber model more than an actual sleeper cell activated from afar.

• Locked thread