Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I haven't had any suicide molerats this playthrough. I cant even find the workshop that was making them :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Just got to the Memory Den. It's nicely creepy that some of the dialogue implies that Kellogg knows he's dead.

e: Also, "It's All Over But The Crying" playing over the final memory was a nice touch.

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 3, 2015

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

I'm having a pretty funny bug: some of my stolen decorative power armor frames spontaneously started generating BoS parts and fusion cores. If I take them and fast travel away, they respawn. I already had infinite money and cores, but still kind of funny.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

VulgarandStupid posted:

I just sniped everyone with a 10mm from sneak, since aiming is pixel perfect, even at ridiculous ranges.

Speaking of, the looting is REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY unforgiving. Like seriously. Maybe W3 spoiled me but jesus you've gotta be dead on to pick poo poo up. Also got entirely too used to running around with witcher senses to spot anything I could loot. lol

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah I keep losing corpses in vegetation etc. and everytime I think "but in The Witcher I could find the bags easily, why Bethesda!" :D

3rd person view helps, but still...

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
I feel like the slowest motherfucker in the world. Probably spent 11-12 hours on this game counting reloads, and I've only followed the main story, done up Sanctuary a tiny bit, and just cleared the Corvega Assembly Plant for Preston. I'm level 10. At least I've put 2 industrial water purifiers in Sanctuary thus far, so hopefully I'll soon be able to quell my hoarder tendencies and get moving.

Can you help me get a sense of how slow I'm actually going? How long do you all think you spent to get that far?

Bobfly fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 3, 2015

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Bobfly posted:

I feel like the slowest motherfucker in the world. Probably spent 11-12 hours on this game counting reloads, and I've only followed the main story, done up Sanctuary a tiny bit, and just cleared the Corvega Assembly Plant. I'm level 10. At least I've put 2 industrial water purifiers in Sanctuary thus far, so hopefully I'll soon be able to quell my hoarder tendencies and get moving.

Can you help me get a sense of how slow I'm actually going? How long do you all think you spent to get that far?

I didnt finish the main story until about 160 hours, but I did as much as I possibly could.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

JetsGuy posted:

Speaking of, the looting is REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY unforgiving. Like seriously. Maybe W3 spoiled me but jesus you've gotta be dead on to pick poo poo up. Also got entirely too used to running around with witcher senses to spot anything I could loot. lol

If you didn't have problems with looting in the Witcher I don't think you were playing the Witcher.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

A way better lore question is how deathclaws could pass as a person if they wore a burlap cloak.
Well the guy could talk fine, people probably just assumed he was horribly scarred or a hosed up ghoul or something and didn't pry.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kea posted:

I didnt finish the main story until about 160 hours, but I did as much as I possibly could.

That's nuts. I did it in 25 hours with most bobbleheads and all city / general boston area quests completed, level 35.

Are you leaving your game running overnight?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

JetsGuy posted:

Looked it up, it's the Corvega assembly plant

Yeah I had a tough time punching my way through there too; I was in single-digit levels I think and only had spiked knux. Killed the poo poo outta the dude in raider power armor tho :cool:

JetsGuy posted:

Also got entirely too used to running around with witcher senses to spot anything I could loot. lol

Inv>Junk, go into component view, tag every single component that exists. Bam, every junk item is now glowing. Doesn't work for non-junk I don't think, but it def helps.

I don't remember but you might need L2 Scrapper for this.

edit: also I'm writing up responses to the earlier questions people had for me re: mods so don't worry I haven't forgotten

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Mortimer posted:

That's nuts. I did it in 25 hours with most bobbleheads and all city / general boston area quests completed, level 35.

Are you leaving your game running overnight?

No, I was level 68 or so, I did every faction quest I could as well as every side quest I found, Pretty sure I discovered every area in the game or close to it.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
I really want my own radio station. How hard is it to create a mod that lets you use your own audio files? Secondly, I want to make DJ voiceovers for my own station and put it out on Nexus or something. What all would I need to do that? (Assuming I have a professional Microphone already)

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I'm not very far in but do all the companions have Stormtrooper aim? I gave Preston a baseball bat because he couldn't hit poo poo and also whenever I tried to snipe he would just get in front of my scope and be like HAY GUY WHAT HAPPEN

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

beejay posted:

I'm not very far in but do all the companions have Stormtrooper aim? I gave Preston a baseball bat because he couldn't hit poo poo and also whenever I tried to snipe he would just get in front of my scope and be like HAY GUY WHAT HAPPEN

Mod idea for someone else to make cuz it's probably way above my head: bring Boone back.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Frank Davidson's Personal Logs posted:

10/13
Sharon spilled coffee on my new shirt while we were in the lounge this morning. I told her it was fine and we had a good laugh about the whole thing. If she does it again I'll stab her in the loving throat with my pen. She's a good kid.

:stare:

e:

Walter Scott's Personal Logs posted:

10/19
I miss Sharon. She's been out for a couple of days and it's just not the same here without her. No one upstairs has heard from her. I'm starting to worry. Getting to see her face when I go upstairs for lunch is the highlight of my day.

:stonk:

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 3, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
You can find Sharon. There may be a pen involved.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Does anyone else have an issue where they are reading something on a terminal, and it just ends? I can kind of scroll the page a little, but there are no additional lines. The words just move like half a line towards the top of the screen and stops there.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

VulgarandStupid posted:

Does anyone else have an issue where they are reading something on a terminal, and it just ends? I can kind of scroll the page a little, but there are no additional lines. The words just move like half a line towards the top of the screen and stops there.

Press E/whatever your Enter key is to page forward.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Travis343 posted:

I'm the only one who likes the railroad even though Deacon is an unfunny poo poo head

The majority of my faction missions from the start were Railroad. Now though I've been doing BoS poo poo with Danse; I'm waffling between the two for my Ultimate Decision but the allure of the BoS "ultimate weapon" is very strong since I found out about it. I want to see that poo poo in action. I'm wondering if they have access to it if you don't help them? Would be loving insane to go up against it.

I hardly use Deacon, though. Have used Piper/Cait/Nick/dog/Danse moreso. I leave Deacon at home, and I have NO idea where Strong went since I didn't take him up on his offer after I freed him from the tower and haven't seen him anywhere. Other than that, haven't found any other companions.

Outfitting Danse with a tiny bowler hat and huge power armor is fantastic though.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

sitchelin posted:

Okay I think there's something wrong with my game. Every time I go into a building there's a constant tapping noise. Endless taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap. The first time it happened I just wrote it off as a physics object caught on some prop and had clipping issues, until I went to several other buildings and got the same thing. Anyone else getting this?
Is it just like, coming out of nowhere, or can you locate what's making the noise?
Because I started hearing this weird tapping/rattling noise, like an oldtimey film projector or some clockwork thing, and after a short investigation I realized it was coming from Valentine. The noise went away if I quicksaved and loaded, but would return in a short while.

fake edit: I googled a bit, and here's someone's video of MacCready making the same noise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBAjdsh3b34
Upon further googling, it's apparently related to armor workbenches; They use a workbench but then the sound of the tools rattling doesn't go away. There are reports of fixing it by ordering them to use an armor workbench again.

Real edit: actually linked the video :downs:

Nordick fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 3, 2015

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I noticed that on companions weapons with sound (and lighting) effects persist even though they've been holstered, so if you give someone a gamma pistol it'll keep making that crackling sound the gamma pistol makes even though they're not holding it

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

You need L2 scrapper for stuff to glow, yeah. At the end of the game I only had oil, adhesives, and the ingredients for cutting fluid marked, though

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Entropic posted:

If they wanted an actually horrifying enemy they'd use giant mutant house centipedes.

Oh man gently caress THAT.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Oh man gently caress THAT.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Centipede

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Yeah that'd only make a day in the game before someone modded in cave yao guai replacements, and with good reason

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I feel like every fallout thread needs someone to occasionally mention that people need to say yao guai bears out loud since I feel like every thread has people that totally missed that stupid joke.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I feel like every fallout thread needs someone to occasionally mention that people need to say yao guai bears out loud since I feel like every thread has people that totally missed that stupid joke.

:ughh: Oh god, I just now got that after all this time.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

poptart_fairy posted:

If you didn't have problems with looting in the Witcher I don't think you were playing the Witcher.

/shrug

I not only looted everything in sight, I tracked down every ?, yes, even in Skellige.

Looting in W3 though is easier because Witcher Senses tell you whats lootable and just facing in the general direction loots it. On console anyway. In W2 on PC it's a nightmare.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah I had a tough time punching my way through there too; I was in single-digit levels I think and only had spiked knux. Killed the poo poo outta the dude in raider power armor tho :cool:

Inv>Junk, go into component view, tag every single component that exists. Bam, every junk item is now glowing. Doesn't work for non-junk I don't think, but it def helps.

I think I'm level 6 or some poo poo? I dunno. I need to find and make some drugs.

That taggin idea owns.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Talmonis posted:

:ughh: Oh god, I just now got that after all this time.

I think it is because people heard it spoken aloud by a radio host and didn't pay it much mind after that since they sounded nothing alike then.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

The majority of my faction missions from the start were Railroad. Now though I've been doing BoS poo poo with Danse; I'm waffling between the two for my Ultimate Decision but the allure of the BoS "ultimate weapon" is very strong since I found out about it. I want to see that poo poo in action. I'm wondering if they have access to it if you don't help them? Would be loving insane to go up against it.

I did help them make it but Railroad you dont fight it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

evilmiera posted:

I think it is because people heard it spoken aloud by a radio host and didn't pay it much mind after that since they sounded nothing alike then.

Are you guys saying it's similar to Yogi Bear? Is there anything official stating that? Because if not I'm pretty sure that's just pareidolia; yao guai is just Chinese for monster and isn't pronounced anything like yogi; the only thing they have in common is some letters.

But hey, if it was intentional, I'm perfectly willing to chalk it up to a terrible joke attempt.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Kea posted:

I like the railroad, I just dont like Deacon or Desdemona, Glory is my favourite railroad character as well as Tinker Tom.

Glory should have been a companion, also Buddy. Some serious missed opportunity there.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Bethesda seems too hung up on Fallout enemy tradition to realize that rad scorpions in Boston are dumb as hell. They could have used mutated spiders or ants and it would have made sense.

Where the gently caress are the DC ants anyway? Could they not compete with the giant mosquitoes or were the bloatflies gross enough? I'm guessing no rad spiders because every other RPG has giant spiders in spades and all the phobes would just hate the game for making a spider the size of a Mirelurk Queen.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Personally I'm just happy to not have goddamn Cazadors.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Nordick posted:

Personally I'm just happy to not have goddamn Cazadors.

YET

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

Glory should have been a companion, also Buddy. Some serious missed opportunity there.

Never worked for the Railroad, but I kinda liked her around Curie. It's a shame, yeah. There's a mod out there to have her as a fully working companion, but no voice, sadly.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

katkillad2 posted:

I wish I could get KLEO to come along with me :(

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Companions are the most terrifying thing in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I'm not sure what people find so interesting about Glory. Then again, almost none of the companions are very deep or funny to me. Except maybe Dogmeat and his propensity for clipping through floors.

• Locked thread