Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I wish I would have known this ages ago...

I did it because we needed to fix the problem for good :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
aaagh i need to find beagflea squashes in oblivia for the skell license but i can't find them

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's really cool how there's a decent spread of enemy levels in any given location. You're never completely out of your league, but there's definately some probed that required creative mountain climbing to plant.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Anyone know where I can find Duogills (Placid or otherwise) aside from Silent Marsh? Preferably under level 20 if possible.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Brackhar posted:

What are soul chain combos? Do this get introduced in Chapter 4 or something?

I don't fully know all the ins and outs of it, but its regarding the "soul voice" system thing. When allies go for call outs if you do the appropriate skill they want, you regain hp and can deal a variety of effects(from more damage, stuns, etc).

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anyone know where I can find Duogills (Placid or otherwise) aside from Silent Marsh? Preferably under level 20 if possible.

Just go and buy the items with tickets at the barracks and save yourself a lot of time.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I lost input on the Affinity Chart and can't resume the game.

Uughhh save early save often, kids.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So apparently, if you get Shadowrunner from rank 6 in the Commando class, you can target enemies you're not in combat with, activate the skill (for 1k TP), then immediately exit the battle before actually starting it, for the duration of the buff's time, enemies will not target you, functioning as a stealth mechanic.

So that's nifty if you need to get somewhere with high-level enemies.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Crabtree posted:

I swear I cannot even figure out which outfits to put people in as they never seem as right as their starting gear.

You could always transmog their gear with their starting equipment until you find something you like.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Evil Canadian posted:

Just go and buy the items with tickets at the barracks and save yourself a lot of time.

Oh. Thank you :stare:.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You could always transmog their gear with their starting equipment until you find something you like.

Party -> Ground Gear -> Press X for the Submenu -> Fashion Gear. Make sure it's set to View Fashion Gear. All my characters, except myself, have their starting equipment too. Except for Elma, who's also rocking the Bargain Heart Glasses :allears:.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

I've got Mechanical field skill at level 2 and I've ran across a few probes close to NLA that I can't install saying insufficient field skill, does this mean I need a higher mechanical skill or could they be requiring a different field skill ?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Sendo posted:

I've got Mechanical field skill at level 2 and I've ran across a few probes close to NLA that I can't install saying insufficient field skill, does this mean I need a higher mechanical skill or could they be requiring a different field skill ?

There are a couple probes in Primordia that require mechanical 3 to install. It should tell you when you try to install them.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Out of Lin quest purgatory but done for the night. Fast travel depending on the tablet sucks because of the battery power in the thing. Still, when it got close to dying, I went and out it in its cradle, took out the pro controller, and just ran around Primordia killing and climbing things and found my way up into the upper levels of that huge mountain where literally everything is high level and wants to kill you. Fun stuff. Just sooo many quests to do.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Wow, the Probe Site up at North Janpath Plain is a real dick move to find. It's on the edge of the Segment, in a cave on a mountain.

Incidentally, where is the Probe Site just North-West of NLA? I have looked literally high and low for that fucker.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wow, the Probe Site up at North Janpath Plain is a real dick move to find. It's on the edge of the Segment, in a cave on a mountain.

Incidentally, where is the Probe Site just North-West of NLA? I have looked literally high and low for that fucker.

Hah, I looked all over for that North Janpath one and gave up figuring it was somehow plot-blocked. For the other one, I think it's down on an island in the inlet.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Tatsuta Age posted:

how do you get BLADE medals? I'm stuck on that for doing the big global quest crap.

Not sure about other ways, but one way to do so is to scout other people's characters, raise their scout level to the maximum, it displays a star when you've reached this, then remove them from your party for one medal each time.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
What does Potential Up do? Increase maximum damage?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

What does Potential Up do? Increase maximum damage?

Soul Challenge healing amounts and TP gain, IIRC.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Same here, but with this useless prima guidebook that doesn't tell you where the red lights are, I found out that it's FN Site 110. So I googled that and the Xenoblade Wiki tells me that you can only get to it via the flight pack. Great.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Soul Challenge healing amounts and TP gain, IIRC.

Ah, thanks.
Does anyone else keep disconnecting from the server after a while? And is there a way to reconnect without returning to the main menu screen?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Silvain posted:

Same here, but with this useless prima guidebook that doesn't tell you where the red lights are, I found out that it's FN Site 110. So I googled that and the Xenoblade Wiki tells me that you can only get to it via the flight pack. Great.

That's a real dick thing to do, because from what I can see it's the only one bridging the east and western halves of Primordia.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

FYI, for missions where you have to equip a specific weapon, you can throw them onto a party member and it works fine.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I picked up an Affinity Quest requiring me to go the Sylavalum. I'm like what the gently caress, how am I suppose to go there?

Friend: Have you tried swimming?

Me: Yeah, like that has ever worked in a open world game.

*45 minutes of swimming* Oh look, I'm made it. Something so simple like swimming from one landmass to another just blew my mind.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lord Ephraim posted:

I picked up an Affinity Quest requiring me to go the Sylavalum. I'm like what the gently caress, how am I suppose to go there?

Friend: Have you tried swimming?

Me: Yeah, like that has ever worked in a open world game.

*45 minutes of swimming* Oh look, I'm made it. Something so simple like swimming from one landmass to another just blew my mind.

One thing I love about both Xenoblades is just looking at some vast sheer cliff and realizing it's not just a world-limiting wall, the question is "how can I get up there?" :allears:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Does anyone know where anhydrous radiators are? Are they collectibles or do I need to kill monsters to get any? I'm doing a quest for a BLADE guy who's car got wrecked and he needs two of those.

Beef did you like the message I included in my friend request

They're found near waterfalls. I got several of them at the rivers and waterfalls near the entrance to Noctilum.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Motto posted:

It's really cool how there's a decent spread of enemy levels in any given location. You're never completely out of your league, but there's definately some probed that required creative mountain climbing to plant.

I never thought I'd enjoy platforming in an rpg

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ally oop

Ally oop

Ally oop

Ally oop

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Finally got to play a bit, some impressions and questions:

This game is in no short supply of Shulks

Music owns

Jumping is ridiculous and I love it

Enforcer class rules! Putting up an aura and lining up a shot that hits multiple targets for 1000 plus damage several times just feels so good.

Are there easier ways to switch which appendage you're targeting? I can lock on to one, but I can't really do much else.

The verticality of the world is fantastic! It's satisfying climbing up huge peaks and the overhead probe has come in handy finding trails and crevices around hills and mountains.

I don't know exactly what treasure deals entail, but I'm giving something up every chance I get.

I wish you could queue up for squad missions while exploring. I want to help the cause, but I don't want to lounge around in the barracks.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Finally got my WiiU up and running and am downloading this now. So if I'm downloading the digital edition, I don't need the DLC packs, right? That's for disc users for faster loading? Or should I get them as well?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I need to figure out how to swap targets faster. I sometimes want to pull more monsters or whatever and it feels like I have to absolutely mash and get closer to do so, and if I get jumped by a group and want to switch to what's weaker it just ain't happening a lot of the time. Has made some encounters a lot more on the edge then I'd like.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Fhqwhgads posted:

Finally got my WiiU up and running and am downloading this now. So if I'm downloading the digital edition, I don't need the DLC packs, right? That's for disc users for faster loading? Or should I get them as well?

Correct, digital version already comes with it.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I need to figure out how to swap targets faster. I sometimes want to pull more monsters or whatever and it feels like I have to absolutely mash and get closer to do so, and if I get jumped by a group and want to switch to what's weaker it just ain't happening a lot of the time. Has made some encounters a lot more on the edge then I'd like.

Hold R and hit A if your desired target is to the right or X if they are to the left. To pull a new target, disengage with B and run to the new enemy and lock on. It does feel kinda cumbersome control wise.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

Inflammatory posted:

aaagh i need to find beagflea squashes in oblivia for the skell license but i can't find them

I just found these. Look northeast of Oblivia around a lake next to a Nopon caravan.

How exactly do you get there? gently caress I forgot so fast playing around with my gundam.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Eopia posted:

Not sure about other ways, but one way to do so is to scout other people's characters, raise their scout level to the maximum, it displays a star when you've reached this, then remove them from your party for one medal each time.

Thanks. Is there a cost to this?

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Oh my. I just found out that your weapons basic attack refreshes even when you're not using that weapon so if you swap between melee/ranged after every basic attack, you'll attack like twice as fast and get millions of TP

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Maybe a dumb question but do auras affect the whole party or just yourself? I can't actually find an answer for this.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Tender Bender posted:

Maybe a dumb question but do auras affect the whole party or just yourself? I can't actually find an answer for this.

Just yourself, Rayguns would be broken as hell otherwise.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I put in an 8 hour binge after installing it yesterday. The game looks amazing, and I'm impressed all over again at the scale you can see, just like the previous game. I'm really impressed with the fauna design, there's a lot of cool looking animals out there. Though it seems like a quarter of the world's creatures has ballsacks freely swinging from some part of their bodies.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The night theme in Sylvalum is incredibly soothing.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

One thing I love about both Xenoblades is just looking at some vast sheer cliff and realizing it's not just a world-limiting wall, the question is "how can I get up there?" :allears:

A mind-blowing moment for me was looking up at the huge cliff that's hanging over Primordia and thinking, "Wow, that's a really cool background." Then I notice that a giant monster is moving around up there, and realize that's not a background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

5er posted:

I put in an 8 hour binge after installing it yesterday. The game looks amazing, and I'm impressed all over again at the scale you can see, just like the previous game. I'm really impressed with the fauna design, there's a lot of cool looking animals out there. Though it seems like a quarter of the world's creatures has ballsacks freely swinging from some part of their bodies.

That's less than how it is here on Earth :v:

• Locked thread