Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

corn in the bible posted:

should i buy a ps vita? they look neat

i have a 3ds but never use it

It's got a lot of HUNTING ACTION games on that aren't Monster Hunter, if that's your thing, as well as the best version of Persona 4.

And some visual novels, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

deadly_pudding posted:

It's got a lot of HUNTING ACTION games on that aren't Monster Hunter, if that's your thing, as well as the best version of Persona 4.

And some visual novels, I guess.

and ps1 games, right?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PS1 games from PSN will work on Vita but not PS2 Classics.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Well maybe you should get Persona Q and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon then

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
the dungeon generation of the mystery-dungeon-likes annoys me

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
And titty games that aren't on steam yet.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

The White Dragon posted:

Get Etrian Odyssey 4 instead of Persona Q, I'd say. Persona Q is cute, but it's like both a less-good Etrian Odyssey and a less-good Persona together in one package.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Just be warned it only accepts the expensive memory stick duos for storage.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

the tiny screens is bad

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Steam Thread: Also the portable consoles thread :v:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

deadly_pudding posted:

Get Etrian Odyssey 4 instead of Persona Q, I'd say. Persona Q is cute, but it's like both a less-good Etrian Odyssey and a less-good Persona together in one package.

I had an Etrian Odyssey game for original DS and it was a satisfying dungeon crawler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB_PVPyn6n8

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mokinokaro posted:

Just be warned it only accepts the expensive memory stick duos for storage.

Actually they created a new memory card type available for the low low price of $40 for 16GB and $80 for 32GB (or $20 for 8GB but that holds one game)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

pokemon mystery dungeon looks nice but that's literally the only thing on the 3ds that looks good for the foreseeable future

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, Far Cry Primal is $60.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/371660
I was really thinking this would be like Blood Dragon to FC3 and get a budget price, this is ridic.

:doh:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

why is halloween harry downloading 800mb???

oh...

quote:

3D Realms Anthology Update

3 December - JoeSiegler

Hi Everyone, yesterday (Dec 1st), we released an update for the 3D Realms Anthology which should fix the issue where players weren’t getting the soundtrack when they download the Anthology.

We are posting this here in the Alien Carnage section, because you receive the Anthology when you download Alien Carnage from the 3D Realms Anthology here on Steam.

GETTING THE UPDATE

Fire up Steam
If you had Alien Carnage installed already, check and see if there is an update for the game. If you see it downloading 820Mb, that is the download that has the soundtrack, in which case you're done.
If you didn't have Alien Carnage installed before, download it now. If you get an 820Mb download, you're good to go.

FINDING THE SOUNDTRACK

Once the game is downloaded fully, you can find the soundtrack by looking in your music section in the Steam client.

Under the “Library” section, pick the option that says “Music”, and you’ll see the soundtrack displayed there:

If you don't see the Anthology in the music section, you might need to look for it manually on your system. Here's the steps to find it:

From your Steam library, right click on "Alien Carnage / Halloween Harry", and select "Properties".
On the resultant screen, select the third tab, titled "Local Files"
On the Local Files screen, select the option that says "Browse Local Files"
That will show you where the Alien Carnage files are installed on your computer.

Under there is a directory called "Soundtrack". That is where the actual soundtrack files reside on your computer, and you can access them there if for some reason the steam client doesn't show them in the music section.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Deakul posted:

I was really thinking this would be like Blood Dragon to FC3 and get a budget price, this is ridic.

Hahaha, no Ubisoft. Just no.

Also, Dirt Rally has got the big Steam banner since its out of Early Access today and does anybody know how well it has fared? I stopped paying attention to it a few months into its update cycle but if the blurb on the store page is accurate its got a fair bit of racing and cars in it now. Has anybody been playing it?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

i love snakebird

Snakebird is a game of the year contender imo, the only section that wasn't absolutely top notch puzzle design was the portals area since the solutions tended to be a little more obvious than anywhere else

if you like it you should get Full Bore too, it came out in 2014 and its insanely good in a very similar way to Snakebird, although its a bit heavier on the sokoban block pushing style

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.gog.com/game/oceanhorn_monster_of_uncharted_seas

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Space Beast Terror Fright

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Tintin au Congo is a strangely significant piece of work now, simply because of how caricaturist it is. Most iterations of the character have sensibly ignored this part of its history, and the character is such an endearing and cool guy otherwise. He was a huge part of my childhood, and I love Tintin regardless. I wish he had a good game to play, but it's had mediocre success as being a quality series in that regard. It's a drat shame, because it could be something special if done right.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 7, 2015

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Deakul posted:

lmao it's £50 here, that's even worse

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

We don't talk about Tintin in the Congo.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Is Far Cry Primal not a full game or something?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Mr Snips posted:

lmao it's £50 here, that's even worse

69 bucks in Canada. :haw:

:canada:

doctor 7 posted:

Going by the short dev cycle and the little we've seen so far preview wise, it "feels" like its not a full FarCry game. Also, isn't FarCry5 scheduled for the winter of 2016?

I'm probably totally wrong, and I remain super curious about Primal. I love the idea and the setting, but I'll wait for reviews cause preordering is dumb.

EDIT: Also a full game with a tiger/wolf/sabretooth buddy ala the tiger in Sangri-La? Yes please!

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 7, 2015

Veotax
May 16, 2006

doctor 7 posted:

Probably, but I think people were hoping for a smaller Blood Dragon experience. I have doubts that even Ubisoft would have the balls to sell a Blood Dragon-sized game for full price.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

doctor 7 posted:

People seem to be assuming it is not for reasons I can't really understand.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Apparently it's looking like it won't have coop? That's the deal breaker for me. I won't pay Ubisoft $60 so that they can go backwards on features.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Anime Titty Pixel Meatboy (formerly Uncraft World)

If you like anime titty and precision platforming with jetpacks you will like this game

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Zetsubou-san posted:

If you like anime titty and precision platforming with jetpacks you will like this game

What if i like anime titty, but not precision platforming, and am ambivalent wrt/ jetpacks

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

What if i like anime titty, but not precision platforming, and am ambivalent wrt/ jetpacks

What kind of monster is ambivalent to jetpacks?

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Zetsubou-san posted:

Important question, is that constellation picture a skill tree or the level select screen?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ImpAtom posted:

What kind of monster is ambivalent to jetpacks?

The kind that learned from Cave Story that jetpacks are precision platforming tools and not toys to be enjoyed

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Freak Futanari posted:

this game will make you rage. but, it has a handy feature that everytime you die, the game swears so you don't have to.

each level has a number of checkpoints. each time you reach a new one, a bit of the background is blasted away to reveal waifu du jour

dipple posted:

Important question, is that constellation picture a skill tree or the level select screen?

the level select screen

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 7, 2015

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

As a soon-to-be-former Vita owner, there are less and less reasons to own one today. About 90% of the stuff in its library are either already on Steam or coming to Steam. Great hardware, but less and less reason to have it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

SUPER DESPAIRCRAFT GIRLS

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

SUPER DESPAIRCRAFT GIRLS

please don't despair-tease me

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

People seem to be assuming it is not for reasons I can't really understand.

my guess is that it's because it has a subtitle instead of a number like how blood dragon did

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009

Mung Dynasty posted:

As a soon-to-be-former Vita owner, there are less and less reasons to own one today. About 90% of the stuff in its library are either already on Steam or coming to Steam. Great hardware, but less and less reason to have it.

Can't you buy a PS Vita TV and play Vita games that way instead? It costs like $40 ($90 if you don't have a dualshock controller) and can play vita games.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mung Dynasty posted:

i only have a lovely laptop and cannot run most high-end games and would like a handheld i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

most of the games on vita that are also on pc are better on vita because of the mobile option

sometimes the framerate takes a hit, but I'd way prefer to play things like spelunky or rogue legacy on a handheld

• Locked thread