Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Trump is going to steal everything back from the Chinese including their brutal totalitarian regime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Combed Thunderclap posted:

^^EDIT: We already expanded from sea to shining sea, lebensraum is over.

Fifty four forty or fight.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: The Problem Attic > USPOL Dec: Asked what prompted it, Mr. Trump said, "death"

Please, please make this thread title happen.

This needs to happen. Also, :wow: at Trump's statement. It's deeply unnerving to me that this man is the frontrunner of one of the two major political parties, and that if he gets the nomination he is just one scandal / disaster / recession away from taking the presidency.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm making the conscious decision to not get too worked up about it during the primaries, but if he gets the nomination I'm going to be drinking a lot of scotch during the general election.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Carson's statement manages to be somehow even more unsettling:

Also

A quick google search tells me that in 2012 the gold ol' USA had 67,000,000 foreign visitors.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm voting Carson- the only candidate guaranteed to end unemployment in our great nation! Every last citizen will be needed to keep an eye on the foreign hordes.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

VikingofRock posted:

This needs to happen. Also, :wow: at Trump's statement. It's deeply unnerving to me that this man is the frontrunner of one of the two major political parties, and that if he gets the nomination he is just one scandal / disaster / recession away from taking the presidency.

My only hope is that I'm rich enough so that even as a gay black man I can avoid the worst of it. Also I bought a Trump hat months ago since i assumed he would be a joke candidate, so that'll look good if they start running the list of undesirables against their donor database.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Mulva posted:

My only hope is that I'm rich enough so that even as a gay black man I can avoid the worst of it. Also I bought a Trump hat months ago since i assumed he would be a joke candidate, so that'll look good if they start running the list of undesirables against their donor database.

You might have a problem with the whole being "gay" thing, but Trump seems to be only targeting mexicans and muslims so far so you should be fine... for now at least.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mulva posted:

Yeah but this post you just made will be found and you'll be in the same camps as the rest of us I'm afraid

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

GlitchThief posted:

I'm making the conscious decision to not get too worked up about it during the primaries, but if he gets the nomination I'm going to be drinking a lot of scotch during the general election.
You say that like the same wouldn't be true with anyone else getting the nomination except maybe Kasich.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah but this post you just made will be found and you'll be in the same camps as the rest of us I'm afraid

drat, well maybe I'll be able to get into the gay camp, should be a party.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You say that like the same wouldn't be true with anyone else getting the nomination except maybe Kasich.

Kasich only sound reasonable in contrast, listen to him in isolation and he's just as horrifying.

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 8, 2015

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I applied but haven't heard back from Trumps Campaign office here. I realllllllllllyyyyyy wanna hang out with Legit Trump supporters.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

I applied but haven't heard back from Trumps Campaign office here. I realllllllllllyyyyyy wanna hang out with Legit Trump supporters.
Go to Hell.

:v:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

VikingofRock posted:

Seriously though, how far can he go and still be the front runner? Can he denounce women's suffrage or reveal a new logo of a red octopus on a black background or something and still be on top of the GOP?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

Plus his name is two letters away from "mullah", better safe than sorry IMO.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Are you kidding me it'd be fantastic. I'm hoping I'll get a call to work the phone lines. It's going to be great.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Lindsey Graham would be one I wouldn't drink for getting the nomination... unless I was drinking with him.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Mulva posted:

"First they came for the mexicans..."

quote:

Seriously though, how far can he go and still be the front runner?

I think Trump's candidacy doing as well as it has is partially fueled by this. http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/admit-it-you-people-want-see-how-far-goes-dont-you-50895

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Trump might actually bring back the Know-Nothing Party.

Jesus Christ

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Seriously though, how far can he go and still be the front runner? Can he denounce women's suffrage or reveal a new logo of a red octopus on a black background or something and still be on top of the GOP?

I don't think even he knows. He's been pushing all the boundaries and finding that there really aren't any.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

QuoProQuid posted:

Trump might actually bring back the Know-Nothing Party.

Jesus Christ

tea party is basicaly that already.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hollismason posted:

When sixty percent of the Trumpstaffel is composed of people who originally signed up ironically, I hope you have the grace to feel bad (and quietly pardon fellow goons despite their political unreliability).

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I know it's been said before but I think this might actually be what starts the derailment of Trump's candidacy.

For most of his outlandish statements, supporters would either agree, or would say that Trump was being misinterpreted, something Trump himself would often say.

But this time it's crystal clear in that statement what he means. And I just have a hard time believing the majority of Republican voters, or even a large minority, actually want to block all Muslims from coming into the country.

Then again maybe I'm just naively hopeful that Republican voters aren't that incredibly xenophobic.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

theblackw0lf posted:

I know it's been said before but I think this might actually be what starts the derailment of Trump's candidacy.

For most of his outlandish statements, supporters would either agree, or would say that Trump was being misinterpreted, something Trump himself would often say.

But this time it's crystal clear in that statement what he means. And I just have a hard time believing the majority of Republican voters, or even a large minority, actually want to block all Muslims from coming into the country.

Then again maybe I'm just naively hopeful that Republican voters aren't that incredibly xenophobic.

Boy do I have some bad news for you....

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

theblackw0lf posted:

:lol: someone hasn't checked the usual suspects on Twitter yet.

Or Breitbart.

Or Erick Erickson.

Yeah, it's 100% unmistakable what he wants, and a worrying chunk of the GOP voter base is cheering him on at the top of their lungs.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Mulva posted:

Over/under on Jews being next after the Blacks are gone?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

theblackw0lf posted:

I'm guessing you didn't see that video of the town hall meeting where the white guy got up and shouted "you all are terrorists. I don't care what you say. Shut up. You're wrong" at the Lebanese business developer then?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Klaus88 posted:

Trump loves jews, they're the best shady accountants around. :jewish:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Epic High Five posted:

She's not there to draw black viewership, she's there so people who watch Fox News can tell themselves they aren't racist as they mock layouts to Muslim concentration camps

Honestly? Our guys are Walker evil...evil and lovely to the core but still too dumb to play with the big dogs. Pence can't make Indiana go full-Kansas without pissing off a lot of huge businessmen who are on "barge into your office and scream at you" terms with him, and his most recent anti-gay bill is largely damage control thanks to suburbs giving him the finger and passing local ordinances protecting LGBT rights, so it earns him no brownie points.

And then go out and talk with their constituents, who are upset at how weak and moderate the elected officials are.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Obama.jpg

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Why is Bill Kristol sad? As much as I hate sounding blatantly partisan, Trump and his ramblings are the end result of his party's fomenting white, christian insecurity.

gently caress you now and forever Bill Kristol you monstrous piece of poo poo. I can't even get mad Trump, he eats this poo poo up, Kristol however is a different beast altogether.

Trump managed to destabilize and shakeup the Republican political establishment so much that he made Bill Kristol right about something.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
On the other hand, from Vox

Donald Trump's Islamophobic rhetoric resonates with many Republicans

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Klaus88 posted:

Um did he not say that he loves the Jews/Blacks?

He was perfectly clear on that.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Klaus88 posted:

gently caress! I forgot I'm technically Jewish too. Welp, time to go curl up in the fetal position with a bottle of Kōloa.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Cruz's response:

Tepid.

That's just a happy face version of what Trump said. As a practical matter, it would be easier to implement Trump's plan than this.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Mulva posted:

gently caress! I forgot I'm technically Jewish too. Welp, time to go curl up in the fetal position with a bottle of Kōloa.

Thanks to AirBnB it should be way easier to find an attic.

Thanks to the Sharing Economy

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

A Winner is Jew posted:

Trump loves jews, they're the best shady accountants around. :jewish:
It's true; he's a fan.

Donald J. Trump posted:

The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Mulva posted:

Are you a Kravitz

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Mulva posted:

Gay Jewish Black Guy? That's like- the holy trinity.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

zoux posted:

Cruz's response:

Tepid.

Ted Cruz: Serious, Reasonable Legislator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Never ever underestimate the US population's hatred for others.

• Locked thread