Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.

CalmDownMate posted:

The initial results were bad. But the final results are improved. If Trump comes to power as a Fascist president I do not doubt we will see a global war and him lose it. And our patriotism destroyed.

A yes, the global war where the most heavily armed nuclear state loses and doesn't initiate worldwide atomic holocaust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Bip Roberts posted:

"I am the law."

That's still one of my favorite Onion videos next to the Shrieking White-Hot Sphere Of Pure Rage.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

tehllama posted:

A yes, the global war where the most heavily armed nuclear state loses and doesn't initiate worldwide atomic holocaust.

Hey, the US still technically lost the Great War in regards to the Fallout games.

So did China, of course. No one really won.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

this loving election

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

FCKGW posted:

this loving election

Bread and Circuses.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

lol if you don't think Sotomayor ends up with that belt via TKO

pretty racist imo

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I hadn't watched this since 2012 and Jesus it's scary how accurate this turned out to be

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I hadn't watched this since 2012 and Jesus it's scary how accurate this turned out to be
But who will be Trump's VP pick to be the dark cloud of racism?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
He's going to nominate himself.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU_Jdts5rL0 Holy poo poo.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

blue squares posted:

pretty racist imo
I'm pretty sure Sotomayor is the only justice that still exercises

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

posted yesterday but majorly pro-click if anyone didn't see it

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Tomorrow's Daily News

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

So grows the orb! :black101:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It gets pretty surreal towards the middle.

Darth Trump: Trump steaks blah blah blah
Lando: that was never a condition of our deal nor was giving Han to that bounty hunter!

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

It gets pretty surreal towards the middle.

Darth Trump: Trump steaks blah blah blah
Lando: that was never a condition of our deal nor was giving Han to that bounty hunter!

Do you really think that Lando wants to buy his steak at the Sharper Image?

CalmDownMate
Dec 3, 2015

by Shine

tehllama posted:

Tell me is American Nationalism is a big thing in the fallout game series?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

CalmDownMate posted:

Tell me is American Nationalism is a big thing in the fallout game series?

I thought there was a make America great again faction.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mr. Wookums posted:

There is, the Enclave.
:goonsay:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Mulva posted:

Were in a weird media environment where making a definitive statement is seen as being too biased and divisive. Hell Diane Rehm on NPR got pissed off at Rick Perlstein because he called out Grover Norquist for lying.

that media environment has a name: neoliberal capitalism

CalmDownMate
Dec 3, 2015

by Shine

Mr. Wookums posted:

They are the most hated faction in the game.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Salt Fish posted:

The Nazi comparisons are in bad taste and people should honestly know better.

How about the ADL? Is the ADL allowed to make Nazi comparisons without it being in "bad taste"? Because they've been making them at least as far back as the muslim databases.

Like, there's Godwin, and then there's actual fear of literal concentration camps. What you're seeing right now is mostly the latter.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

AlternateNu posted:

That's still one of my favorite Onion videos next to the Shrieking White-Hot Sphere Of Pure Rage.

We've still got a few weeks before its predicted candidacy announcement.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

CalmDownMate posted:

The poll demonstrates that they are so departed from reality that the only solution to the problem is a war. Like the Germans spirit were destroyed by the firebombing of Dresden and the public trials of their beloved public figures and the revelation of the holocaust and the Japanese by the nuking of Nagasaki and Hiroshima and the permanent bases set up within their territories.

They remind me of another organization full of people who are similarly deluded. Unfortunately they function in more arid regions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PbdyJ_ybSI

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

pumpinglemma posted:

How about the ADL? Is the ADL allowed to make Nazi comparisons without it being in "bad taste"? Because they've been making them at least as far back as the muslim databases.

Like, there's Godwin, and then there's actual fear of literal concentration camps. What you're seeing right now is mostly the latter.

At this point debating whether Trump is an actual fascist or merely a fascistic nativist demagogue is pedantic hair-splitting. He doesn't fully meet the dictionary definition of an actual fascist, but he's the closest match by a major party candidate that we've seen in decades.

He crossed the line for me personally when he publicly condoned violence toward protesters at his rallies. That's textbook fascistic behavior and something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime by a major party presidential candidate.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Trump should call his inevitable post-election politics show Hour of Power.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

GalacticAcid posted:

Trump should call his inevitable post-election politics show Hour of Power.

I was thinking of a reality show, where he pits fellow Americans in a contest of business savvy. He could call it The Pupil.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

GalacticAcid posted:

Tomorrow's Daily News

The NY Daily News has been amazing ever since they hired Shaun King.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

AlternateNu posted:

God, if we only knew then what we know now.

Kro-Bar posted:

The NY Daily News has been amazing ever since they hired Shaun King.

Does anyone actually read it? I had never heard of it until images of the prayer cover made the rounds last week.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

On Terra Firma posted:

Does anyone actually read it? I had never heard of it until images of the prayer cover made the rounds last week.

Yes, it's the morning subway read for lots and lots of people here.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

On Terra Firma posted:

It's the fourth most widely circulated newspaper in the country according to Wikipedia, so I'm guessing some people read it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What have I missed in the last 24 hours?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Grouchio posted:

What have I missed in the last 24 hours?

Donald Trump said we need to prevent all Muslims from entering the US.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

TwinsensRevenge posted:

I was thinking of a reality show, where he pits fellow Americans in a contest of business savvy. He could call it The Pupil.

How apt.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Boo this man.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Joementum posted:

Donald Trump said we need to prevent all Muslims from entering the US.
Anything else? My Poly-Sci professor just warned me and my colleagues about getting hate speech/threats from nasty folks, and I'm starting to wonder if things are that volatile around here...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Grouchio posted:

Anything else? My Poly-Sci professor just warned me and my colleagues about getting hate speech/threats from nasty folks, and I'm starting to wonder if things are that volatile around here...

Well, as a result of his statement, Trump has been endorsed by just about every white nationalist on the scene today. Polls are showing that two thirds to three quarters of his supporters think Islam should be illegal.

Naturally, none of his Republican opponents have ruled out voting for him if he's the nominee.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Grouchio posted:

How many sciences is he a professor of? im impressed

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

blue squares posted:

How many sciences is he a professor of? im impressed
Political Science silly. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Joementum posted:

Well, as a result of his statement, Trump has been endorsed by just about every white nationalist on the scene today. Polls are showing that two thirds to three quarters of his supporters think Islam should be illegal.

Naturally, none of his Republican opponents have ruled out voting for him if he's the nominee.

Gotta love Trump's hate!

• Locked thread