Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

blk posted:

Mazda might make an Outback thing

http://jalopnik.com/mazda-might-build-a-sporty-almost-wagon-to-fight-the-su-1746843314

I prefer regular wagons but I'll take this

That thing looks like it has the viewing angles of a T-55.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
That thing looks terrible

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Looks like a smooshed Durango

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So it's a 6 wagon with wagon wheels?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Mazda should just build the Furai again.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

blk posted:

http://jalopnik.com/mazda-might-build-a-sporty-almost-wagon-to-fight-the-su-1746843314

Now make it a convertible :getin:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I immediately said "eew" out loud like a teenage girl.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

Now make it a convertible :getin:

Convertibles should only have two seats sorry

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Nodoze posted:

Convertibles should only have two seats sorry

You shut your dirty loving mouth.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Counterpoint:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

skipdogg posted:

Looks like a smooshed Durango

It's just the 6 wagon the rest of the world gets with body cladding and concept car wheels.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Why even offer a hatchback if you're going to give up a lot of potential interior volume by putting in an angled rear window?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Enourmo posted:

Counterpoint:

If I lived in Florida this would be my car.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I've said it before but... My Aunt has a cross cabrio, and for cruising around Southern California, it's loving fantastic.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

BraveUlysses posted:

Why even offer a hatchback if you're going to give up a lot of potential interior volume by putting in an angled rear window?

Because the entire point of the hatchback design is pleasing aesthetics first and foremost, with utility and practicality easily a distant fourth or fifth behind automatic ball fondlers in the seats and air conditioned USB charging ports.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Just bring the 6 wagon to NA ffs...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Olivil posted:

Just bring the 6 wagon to NA ffs...

Why would you ever want that when you can have a practical and attractive CUV instead?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'd never buy that CUV thing but I don't think it looks too bad if you ignore the practical aspects :shrug:

eyebeem posted:

I've said it before but... My Aunt has a cross cabrio, and for cruising around Southern California, it's loving fantastic.

Well it's a convertible, but pretty much any other one would be even better at that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

blk posted:

Some people have really weird taste in cars because although this is an CUV type arrangement, design wise it's attractive in that it all flows naturally and doesn't have a million pointless body lines like a lot of designs. Compare to a Juke that doesn't know whether it wants to be 90s melty box design or more modern sharper edge so has both and doesn't work; the fat, lardy looking Murano posted above or the Lexus NX that looks like a still from a Transformers film where the robot's halfway through changing...

Y'all crazy.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

88h88 posted:

Some people have really weird taste in cars because although this is an CUV type arrangement, design wise it's attractive in that it all flows naturally and doesn't have a million pointless body lines like a lot of designs. Compare to a Juke that doesn't know whether it wants to be 90s melty box design or more modern sharper edge so has both and doesn't work; the fat, lardy looking Murano posted above or the Lexus NX that looks like a still from a Transformers film where the robot's halfway through changing...

Y'all crazy.

I just look at it and think "Ya'll wanna have some car to go with that huge set of wheels there?"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Friar Zucchini posted:

I just look at it and think "Ya'll wanna have some car to go with that huge set of wheels there?"

Sport Cup 2s on EVERYTHING

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

blk posted:

I really like this. Reminds me of the first gen Infinity FX.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I like it, like all of the other latest gen Mazda products. I'd prefer the wagon over a high centre of gravity CUV but I'm sure it'll sell a ton. They can call it the CX-7.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
All crossovers should burn.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Top Hats Monthly posted:

All people who buy crossovers should burn.

Alternatively

Top Hats Monthly posted:

All crossovers should burn, with the people who bought them inside.

Either way the problem would soon sort itself out.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
What's wrong with crossovers?

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Spergs don't like them because they're taking away wagon sales which would otherwise dominate the markehahahahahah I can't even finish this.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

What's wrong with crossovers?

They all look the same.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
My car is so safe buh buh *crashes into person while you're texting*

I hate crossovers cause they aren't good sedans and they aren't good SUVs

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Crossovers are fine. Burn all large SUVs and luxury trucks.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

go3 posted:

At least luxury trucks can serve some purpose

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Burn all cars except mine. Then I automatically have the best car. Checkmate. :smug:

Top Hats Monthly posted:

At least luxury trucks can serve some purpose

Dickwaving is not a purpose.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

go3 posted:

:qq:

Is it already time for this discussion again?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

as an owner of a RWD manual brown diesel wagon, I

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Haven't you heard? Diesels are dead. It's about rotaries, now.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Let me explain to you why my 19 year old BMW is objectively the best and most practical car:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
CUVs and crossovers all look very similar and the marketing for them is such that I feel alienated from them.
I don't like how companies market their trucks and I don't like how they market their SUVs, CUVs, and crossovers. I also don't like being associated with the typical market for either of them. I'm pretty sure this is the real reason so many car people are anti-popular thing and if you deny it you are lying.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

KakerMix posted:

CUVs and crossovers all look very similar and the marketing for them is such that I feel alienated from them.
I don't like how companies market their trucks and I don't like how they market their SUVs, CUVs, and crossovers. I also don't like being associated with the typical market for either of them. I'm pretty sure this is the real reason so many car people are anti-popular thing and if you deny it you are lying.

Or, you know, we've just driven them and found that they're understeering top-heavy poo poo you can't see out of.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

KakerMix posted:

I belive CUV's are better in every way to most other types of car. I wouldn't trade in my 19 16 year old BMW for one in a hundred years though, no matter how much oil it leaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

wargames posted:

They all look the same.

Have you looked at sedans recently or