Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Nice touch there with the German Koran to make it even more foreign sounding

Der Koran... Das Kapital.

Could this be that Ryan is transforming into notable uber-jhadist Karl Marx?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Riosan posted:

Hahaha. Did these nutjobs forget that just 3 years ago, he was the GOP Vice Presidential nominee? Now he's the Islamic Manchurian candidate?

He lost, and then he abandoned christ like a loser.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

My Imaginary GF posted:

He lost, and then he abandoned christ like a loser.

You know who else forsake Christ.....

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Roman Catholics?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

God?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Mitt Romney?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

ComradeCosmobot posted:

"Finally, please note that state law requires that you visit that tombstone once per year on the day your child was MURDERED, leaving a flower. If you fail to do this and provide a receipt as evidence to your local crisis pregnancy center, you may be taken into custody and charged with a misdemeanor."
I wish I could remember the name, but there's a sci-fi short story that's essentially this but even more so and honestly it's plausible and terrifying.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

idiotsavant posted:

I wish I could remember the name, but there's a sci-fi short story that's essentially this but even more so and honestly it's plausible and terrifying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handmaid%27s_Tale

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

idiotsavant posted:

It's "A Birthday" by Esther Friesner.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
So remember that company that Martin Shkreli manipulated shares in? Turns out he bought it so that he could basically plunder Chagas Disease patients for tens of thousands of dollars for a medicine that costs $50 to $100 in South America where it is endemic.

Fun fact: Shkreli will likely make millions off the investment seeing as climate change is making parts of the US more hospitable to the vector of Chagas.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The FBI is arresting Middle Eastern people for buying lots of cell phones. What people usually do is buy cheap cell phones, ship them overseas, and resell them at a profit where they're not readily available. The FBI thinks people are going into Wal-Marts, buying 40 cell phones, and using them as bomb detonators. They've never actually found this to be the case, but that doesn't stop them from holding people for days and then releasing them without charges. Because we live in Nazi Germany.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Luigi Thirty posted:

The FBI is arresting Middle Eastern people for buying lots of cell phones. What people usually do is buy cheap cell phones, ship them overseas, and resell them at a profit where they're not readily available. The FBI thinks people are going into Wal-Marts, buying 40 cell phones, and using them as bomb detonators. They've never actually found this to be the case, but that doesn't stop them from holding people for days and then releasing them without charges. Because we live in Nazi Germany.
I still somehow think that the responses to 9/11 were worse than this.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

I hope the Wu Tang Clan and/or Bill Murray kick the living poo poo out of him when they steal that album back from him.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently in San Diego a group of Sikh Chargers fans were harassed by security and had their car searched by a police dog because, of course, they were wearing turbans. They were initially denied access to the stadium as well before they were eventually let in, but not before a security person told them not to come back next time wearing the turbans.

This is America in 2015 folks.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

San Diego is crap, like Dallas levels poo poo.

Also the city could use some improving on relations with its citizens.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Apparently the negotiatiors in Parish have reaches a deal. I wondered what the Republicans in Congress will have told say about it?

:allears:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nonsense posted:

You know nothing! Nothing!

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
How old is he? Because I think that the Republican Party found its 2020 (2024?) presidential nominee.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Luigi Thirty posted:

I always wanted to ask the German pol thread how to survive full fascism now. :allears:

:suicide:

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't know why you posted a story from 2006. But anyway, a bunch of phones were bought in eastern and central Missouri and then some propane tanks were stolen around Kansas City. Of course these events are related and are signs of an imminent attack. I mean, it's not like people could resale the phones for profit or like propane tanks get frequently stolen for other criminal reasons. Granted I'm not crazy about stolen propane tanks since they can be used for nefarious purposes, or at least I'm sure they are real helpful for a meth lab. But people are often very over zealous about playing connect the dots with this kind of stuff. I've seen a couple of people on Facebook convinced these are signs ISIS is operating in Missouri.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Rygar201 posted:

Apparently the negotiatiors in Parish have reaches a deal. I wondered what the Republicans in Congress will have told say about it?

:allears:

Is anything coming out of Paris legally binding?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

DOOP posted:

Well technically it's all punishable by death

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

DOOP posted:

Nope. But it's still a drat sight better than anything we've had to date.

quote:

The accord is the first to call on all nations—rich and poor—to take action to limit emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases. While each country’s commitment is voluntary, the pledges are bound within a framework that includes unprecedented measures for reporting and monitoring to guard against cheating. It also contains extensive financial provisions to help poorer countries obtain clean-energy technology and adapt to the impacts of climate change.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I don't go out of my way to say this about a lot of people, but the world would actually be better off if Martin Shkreli died. He is a literal blight on our species.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

DOOP posted:

Not at all! The Vox explainer breaks it down pretty well.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Rygar201 posted:

Not at all! The Vox explainer breaks it down pretty well.
You dope, it's obviously the next step along the sinister path towards Agenda 21

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

JT Jag posted:

You dope, it's obviously the next step along the sinister path towards Agenda 21

Yeah, the Illuminati need a win after Governor Abbott thwarted Jade Helm 15!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah I still don't understand why they think these smaller countries will just all fall in line with the Paris Accords after the United States starts ignoring them.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

JT Jag posted:

I don't go out of my way to say this about a lot of people, but the world would actually be better off if Martin Shkreli died. He is a literal blight on our species.

I hate to say it but drat if you aren't right.

He wants to change the same amount ($50k-$100k) that is being charged for the hep c cure, the goddamn poster child for pharmaceutical price gouging.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
So, in Dan Carlin's latest show, he talks about government mind control. He's always been an outsider voice, politically speaking, but I didn't think he'd gone completely insane. What the gently caress?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
We don't live in a world that actually punishes people like him for being horrible monsters. The Punisher isn't real, guys.

:sigh:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

We don't live in a world that actually punishes people like him for being horrible monsters. The Punisher isn't real, guys.

:sigh:

RIP Big Pun.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

JT Jag posted:

Yeah that's all I can really think about that guy and it's not a great feeling. The world in general would just be better without him and the fact that there's really nothing to stop him (I'm REALLY not confident on whatever thing he's currently being investigated for) is another reason our system is pretty much a joke.

At this point he's pretty much just being as big as an rear end in a top hat as he wants to troll people along with potentially cutting others off from medicine. Hillary can talk a big game that he's bad but I doubt she has the guts to actually stand up to him and his peers.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 12, 2015

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Yeah I still don't understand why they think these smaller countries will just all fall in line with the Paris Accords after the United States starts ignoring them.

Depending on who is president in 2017, the US won't ignore these accords.

Also because they want the sweet sweet cash to help save their country from destruction.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Nonsense posted:

Also the city could use some improving on relations with its citizens.

Dallas is poo poo. *proceeds to complain about Dallas suburbs*

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Trabisnikof posted:

Depending on who is president in 2017, the US won't ignore these accords.

Also because they want the sweet sweet cash to help save their country from destruction.

I don't think that the money is actually readily available plus some may see its more efficient use of their money to ignore the accords.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/dec/12/james-hansen-climate-change-paris-talks-fraud

Here's a article on why

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Hanson thinks the only thing that will work is a carbon tax, not everyone thinks as narrowly as him so its not a shock he thinks this accord won't work.

Money for least developing nations has been a huge point of contention and to have some agreement and an actual fund to manage the money is progress.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
" Drowning New Yorkers claim everything is fine because of the Paris Accord, don't understand why they are still drowning" - News story in 20 years

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Hollismason posted:

" Drowning New Yorkers claim everything is fine because of the Paris Accord, don't understand why they are still drowning" - News story in 20 years

Stop posting Onion headlines, that's cheating! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Hollismason posted:

It really doesn't help the climate colonialism argument when every country but the US has to follow the accords.

• Locked thread