Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Logikv9 posted:

Gravity: Doesn't exist. If items of mass had any impact of others, then mountains should have people orbiting them. Or the space shuttle in space should have the astronauts orbiting it. Of course, that's just the tip of the gravity myth. Think about it. Scientists want us to believe that the sun has a gravitation pull strong enough to keep a planet like neptune or pluto in orbit, but then it's not strong enough to keep the moon in orbit? Why is that? What I believe is going on here is this: These objects in space have yet to receive mans touch, and thus have no sin to weigh them down. This isn't the case for earth, where we see the impact of transfered sin to material objects. The more sin, the heavier something is.

I've been saying this for YEARS. Where does it mention "gravity " in the Bible? The Satan centric science classes of our Communism Core public school system has no mention of "Intelligent Falling", which as we all know is the Biblical theory that gravity does not exist and the reason we all don't fly into space is because Angels are holding us down on Earth with magic so we all don't float up into Heaven prematurely.

This is all Post Flood of course , as pre Flood it was impossible to float to Heaven because of the layer of water God put between Man and Heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Joementum posted:

At midnight tonight, Terry Branstad becomes the longest serving Governor in American history.

He's moving past George Clinton, who only holds the record if you include the time he was Governor of New York under the Articles of Confederation.

Why wouldn't you? It was still New York, and still America.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Joementum posted:

George Clinton

love that guy, didn't know he's been around so long

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

At midnight tonight, Terry Branstad becomes the longest serving Governor in American history.

He's moving past George Clinton, who only holds the record if you include the time he was Governor of New York under the Articles of Confederation.

wow, the clintons really are a dynasty

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Logikv9 posted:

Gravity: Doesn't exist.

This but unironically; what we perceive as the "force" of gravity is just the warping of spacetime by mass.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

VikingofRock posted:

This but unironically; what we perceive as the "force" of gravity is just the warping of spacetime by mass.

Listen you, one word about centrifugal forces, and we'll have to fight.The whole centrifugal/centripetal forces is why no one trusts scientists.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

VikingofRock posted:

Unless you've got a proven theory for quantum gravity in your back pocket, we don't have a loving clue what gravity "is" :colbert:

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Joementum posted:

He also had a distinguished career in Parliament.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

George Clinton has been a member Parliament since the 70s.

E: f, b.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

foobardog posted:

Listen you, one word about centrifugal forces, and we'll have to fight.The whole centrifugal/centripetal forces is why no one trusts scientists.

I'm getting pretty close to getting my PhD in physics and I still can never remember which is which.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

VikingofRock posted:

I'm getting pretty close to getting my PhD in physics and I still can never remember which is which.

PhDs do a great job of making you forget intro material unless you're really teaching a lot.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

VikingofRock posted:

Centripetal actually exists in a valid reference frame, it's the force of, say, the string pulling towards the center to keep the object at the end of it in a circle. Centrifugal is a virtual force felt outward by the object due to its desire to continue in a straight line tangent to the circle, but being pulled inwards.

I'm sure there's a million reasons why this is all dumb Newtonian bullshit, but it turned out I was actually bad at math, so therefore, I am now bad at physics. :(

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

foobardog posted:

it turned out I was actually bad at math, so therefore, I am now bad at physics. :(

my brother :hfive:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

This makes me so sad, because he's normally terrible, but he's been extra super terrible since he got elected again in November. He wouldn't win re-election again if he were up this fall, between slashing the education budget, privatizing Medicare in-state, and the U of I president debacle.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Grouchio posted:

North Carolina could use 10 years of martial law and a federalization of it's local schools program. Just a fun thought.

I will forever be grateful that I attended Chapel Hill-Carrboro district schools. They're a beacon of light in this backwater state.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Times had an interesting article on Trump a couple day ago. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/magazine/trumpism-after-trump.html?_r=0

This line bothered me the most: "He, the freest of men, was saying what they meant."

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Joementum posted:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Three Planned Parenthood centers have filed suit against the state of Ohio for its attempts to effectively block abortion using the "proper disposal" rule which had not be previously cited in reviews of the centers.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Buzzfeed has an article about MIGF Mickey Kaus, centrist-Dem-turned-Trump-partisan.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Hrmmm current insanity over on Breitbart is over Rubio's backing of a immigration bill that's also backed by Mark Zuckerburg which will in fact bring millions of Muslims to the USA through STEM trickery at Universities.

I think Rubios going to prob get hammered on this.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GalacticAcid posted:

Buzzfeed has an article about MIGF Mickey Kaus, centrist-Dem-turned-Trump-partisan.

Paul Ryan may or may not be a muslim, GalacticAcid. I don't know; maybe the truth is in the middle. Have you tried to call his office and ask for clarification on the issue? I would recommend you do so.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If you write a letter to Paul Ryans office and send a check for $1000 you will get your answer.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
"Dear Speaker Ryan,

Are you a muslim?

Signed,
Ten Ben's"

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Stultus Maximus posted:

The Independent chose to clip off part of the original:

Sounds like typical "we don't get any benefit so not in my backyard" was the real reason, with some idiots for window dressing.

Yep that's the real angle. The northeastern corner of NC is a hot market for solar farms, with one of the largest on the east coast set to come online next year. Outside timber plots for wood pellet harvesting, leasing out some unused farmland is about the only growth industry in the region. I guarantee that lady is either pissed off because her neighbors are getting checks for doing nothing and she sold off her daddy's land years ago, or if she still had land the offer she got wasn't what she was expecting.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

"We need to start thinking about internment camps!"
"Why are you allowed to vote if you don't pay taxes?"
"Hillary Clinton couldn't satisfy her husband, how could she satisfy America?!"
"I have a lot of Jewish friends in the media, and I also have a lot of Jewish enemies in the media. They're a good people, but there's a lot of them in the media, and they don't treat me fairly."

We're barely below sea level on this glacier.

Ivanka Trump is married to an Orthodox Jew and converted for him, so just going straight to peak Hitler is a problem (of course that didn't stop him from talking about Jewish accountants to the RJC lol). Is there a Muslim Hitler, a Mitler if you will? Maybe he could start talking about the Crusades?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Adar posted:

Is there a Muslim Hitler, a Mitler if you will?

radovan karadzik works

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Adar posted:

Is there a Muslim Hitler, a Mitler if you will?

Mufti of Jerusalem in traditional historeography

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Phelddagrif posted:

I will forever be grateful that I attended Chapel Hill-Carrboro district schools. They're a beacon of light in this backwater state.

Used to be. The Tea Party took over the school distrcit in 2010 and ended a bunch of the best things about the district because My Taxes!

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Slaan posted:

Used to be. The Tea Party took over the school distrcit in 2010 and ended a bunch of the best things about the district because My Taxes!

I remember the Wake County Schoolboard going through some fuckery trying to put a stop to magnet schools but nothing about Orange County's schools.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Remember the story of the woman in Detroit who whipped out her pistol and shot at a shoplifter's car in the parking lot as it drove away? She just got sentenced to 18 months probation. The lesson she took away from this was "never help anybody." She will not be able to concealed carry until 2023.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Real story here is that O'Mentum doubled his support.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Remember the story of the woman in Detroit who whipped out her pistol and shot at a shoplifter's car in the parking lot as it drove away? She just got sentenced to 18 months probation. The lesson she took away from this was "never help anybody." She will not be able to concealed carry until 2023.

Who will be the first to feature her in a campaign ad?

GalacticAcid fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 14, 2015

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adar posted:

Ivanka Trump is married to an Orthodox Jew and converted for him, so just going straight to peak Hitler is a problem (of course that didn't stop him from talking about Jewish accountants to the RJC lol). Is there a Muslim Hitler, a Mitler if you will? Maybe he could start talking about the Crusades?

have you heard about the grand mufti????

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Hrmmm current insanity over on Breitbart is over Rubio's backing of a immigration bill that's also backed by Mark Zuckerburg which will in fact bring millions of Muslims to the USA through STEM trickery at Universities.

I love it when Rubio gets heat, since he's the best at pretending to be sane and all the GOP moderates I know are holding onto him as their last hope.

Eat your own, GOP :unsmigghh:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Luigi Thirty posted:

Who does she think killing a shoplifter helps anyway?

Edit: or even just stopping a shoplifter? It really doesn't help anybody.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Dec 14, 2015

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

comes along bort posted:

Yep that's the real angle. The northeastern corner of NC is a hot market for solar farms, with one of the largest on the east coast set to come online next year. Outside timber plots for wood pellet harvesting, leasing out some unused farmland is about the only growth industry in the region. I guarantee that lady is either pissed off because her neighbors are getting checks for doing nothing and she sold off her daddy's land years ago, or if she still had land the offer she got wasn't what she was expecting.

But it's easier and more fun to write a story about backwoods hicks who think that photographs steal their souls.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wayne LaPierre disagrees

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Hollismason posted:

Good, gently caress that immigration bill.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

foobardog posted:

No, that happened, but there is no gravity on the moon so they had to use Heavy Boots

This isn't real, right?

...right? :smith:

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe she genuinely believes life operates like Death Wish and that being a gun owner makes one duty bound and entitled to execute petty criminals on the spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

That immigration bill is basically a blowjob to every tech company that really wants to hire H1-B employees with half the salary and twice the exploitation of American employees.

• Locked thread