Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Section Z posted:

Is there a trick to solo killing Gorefasts safer with the CnB without emptying half your canister into it, on that note? They don't really care they are on fire and most will see "On fire=don't waste ammo" and they make me feel like I'm loving up with the class in a very basic manner.

The ability (Heat Wave, I think?) that stumbles zeds when hit by fire weapons at close range is pretty much the answer here, give them one little burst when they get in range and then another when they are close enough to get stumbled and they usually die before they have recovered and can hit again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
A lot of people keep dropping headbands, which I think is neat. Although I've seen far to many Mr Fosters wearing headbands on top of their gas masks, which looks really silly.

My friend, who uses Constable Briar, got one and I can't stop seeing him as some fat anime nerd.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
questioner pass this a long to devs: Do not nerf hans, nerf gunslinger's guns and abilities, do not change demo.

tia

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness

Gromit posted:

That google doc file on KF2 lists headshot damage as only an extra 10%. If they upped that to something serious you'd be bothered more about it. With smaller zeds it makes a difference as they have so few hitpoints, but I'm not sure 10% makes enough of a difference for the big stuff.

IIRC most zeds have different HP levels for the head and body. For fun, try playing a firebug and using the caulk and burn or flamethrower to kill a bloat. Your instinct is to aim at the ground near their feet so they take impact damage, and damage over time from the direct fire and the fire on the ground, right?

But they have such little head HP that it actually takes less ammo and time to point it at their face and kill them with impact damage alone.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

MadBimber posted:

questioner pass this a long to devs: Do not nerf hans, nerf gunslinger's guns and abilities, do not change demo.

tia

This, gentlemen, is the face of evil

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

PantsBandit posted:

What gun are you using to get headshots with? Something automatic or burst fire might help you. Once you have a grasp on the recoil you can just drag bursts across the head region and at least one of the shots will find its target.

That's how I normally take out sirens. Even with the screen shaking around I can generally get the headshots if I just throw out consistent lines.

Stuff like distant sirens or Husks I can unload a bullpup mag into their face without missing (provided nothing else gets in my way) but it's the Big Guys my capacity to Play Good just goes out the window except when they are running at me in a straight line be it handgun, shotgun, or SCAR semi/full auto :downs: Must be a mental thing as much as aim goods thing I guess.

Martout posted:

The ability (Heat Wave, I think?) that stumbles zeds when hit by fire weapons at close range is pretty much the answer here, give them one little burst when they get in range and then another when they are close enough to get stumbled and they usually die before they have recovered and can hit again.

Thank you for the obvious in hindsight advice. I really haven't been playing this a ton for the firebug or gunslinger updates, so I never hit level 10 with Firebug to get that drastic gameplay changing talent.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Section Z posted:

Thank you for the obvious in hindsight advice. I really haven't been playing this a ton for the firebug or gunslinger updates, so I never hit level 10 with Firebug to get that drastic gameplay changing talent.

If you don't have Heatwave yet you can also use the CnB's bash attack to stumble them so you can have some extra time on your burning damage, but yeah, before that level they will be a recurring threat.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

ZearothK posted:

If you don't have Heatwave yet you can also use the CnB's bash attack to stumble them so you can have some extra time on your burning damage, but yeah, before that level they will be a recurring threat.

Yeah I think I utilize the bash attack more often than most people do, especially on early waves when I'm not being hounded by poo poo. It's surprisingly effective.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Rayjenkins posted:

Yeah I think I utilize the bash attack more often than most people do, especially on early waves when I'm not being hounded by poo poo. It's surprisingly effective.

Word, bashing is great. It is not that useful against swarms, but it is a great way to save up ammo against single trash, will shut up sirens and can even stumble raging scrakes/fleshpounds.

This game really needs some sort of tutorial before it leaves Early Access to teach people about all the non-obvious mechanics like head/body health and stumbling.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Rayjenkins posted:

Makes sense. I do it a ton with support for example, but for some reason I just have a disconnect about Bashing with firebug. At least with Trash. It never occurs to me to bash the big guys or Sirens in the heat of the moment even though I keep reading "Hey try bashing them in the face".

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

ZearothK posted:

This game really needs some sort of tutorial before it leaves Early Access to teach people about all the non-obvious mechanics like head/body health and stumbling.

Yeah but that would take time away from perfecting the upcoming major update:

"Hans Buffdate: 200% more Hans. Just like Stalingrad!™"

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
Real talk, I don't mind fighting Hans, but I'm the kind of idiot who loved being a berserker from the very start and I'm trying out new things. I generally will switch out in a pub server on hard or whatever to be the berserker, but at that point it's just me vs. Hans if there's no medic/the medic is incompetent and the pubbies are there to be mooks/spectators. Point is, even if I have the power to take him on toe-to-toe at best, I'd rather he just be balanced so that the group can fight and contribute instead of having some jackass with a big melee weapon stand in his way when Hans throws a tantrum. There's still merit to his behavior, it's just that his behavior, it's exceedingly lethal.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

OneDeadlyBum posted:

IIRC most zeds have different HP levels for the head and body. For fun, try playing a firebug and using the caulk and burn or flamethrower to kill a bloat. Your instinct is to aim at the ground near their feet so they take impact damage, and damage over time from the direct fire and the fire on the ground, right?

But they have such little head HP that it actually takes less ammo and time to point it at their face and kill them with impact damage alone.

Yeah, that's a good point.
For 6-player on hard, it looks like a scrake has 3850/1500 HP. A Deagle does 91 damage. So that's (3850 / 91) = 43 shots in the body to kill, or (1500 / (91 * 1.1)) = 15 head shots. Without the bonus damage it would take you 17.
For HOE, it's 5967/1875. So the same weapon takes 66 body shots or 19 head shots. Without the bonus it take you 21.

Definitely worth going for the head, but it still seems like the bonus damage is pretty insignificant if it just amounts to 2 rounds. Mind you, that all goes out the window if you hit them with anything they are particularly vulnerable to. For scrakes, MWG or RPG to the head makes a world of difference (double and quad impact damage, respectively).

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Gromit posted:

Definitely worth going for the head, but it still seems like the bonus damage is pretty insignificant if it just amounts to 2 rounds. Mind you, that all goes out the window if you hit them with anything they are particularly vulnerable to. For scrakes, MWG or RPG to the head makes a world of difference (double and quad impact damage, respectively).

Does that work if you donk them in the head with an unarmed rocket? Cause that at least causes them to fall on the rear end, but I didn't know if it helps damage wise.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Kikas posted:

Does that work if you donk them in the head with an unarmed rocket? Cause that at least causes them to fall on the rear end, but I didn't know if it helps damage wise.

While not as much as an explosion, it does a tremendous amount of damage. Three in a row kills it on HOE.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Kikas posted:

Yeah, the quad damage is from the impact damage of the rocket, not the explosive damage.

e: The base explosive damage of the RPG is 5x the impact damage though, so it seems like it would be better to have it explode in their face.

Gromit fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 18, 2015

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Scrakes take half damage from explosive damage though which really takes the oomph out of it.

Section Z posted:

Wasn't trying to be captain obvious, it's just such an amazingly powerful ability. It'll stumble everything including bosses but until you get it bash is your friend as others have said!

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

When Hans is healing he lays a Hans Egg which has a 50/50 chance to drop DLC or spawn another Hans. Sharpshooter comes out in 8 months btw. Bye!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Gromit posted:

Yeah, the quad damage is from the impact damage of the rocket, not the explosive damage.

e: The base explosive damage of the RPG is 5x the impact damage though, so it seems like it would be better to have it explode in their face.

Well yeah I don't mean as a tactic, just as something to keep in mind when he's rushing me.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
it is absolute garbage that the german officer caps are so rare to begin with. there have been barely any green ones on the market compared to the ugly blue ones. questioner86 you owe me this for tripwire's mistake

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

it is absolute garbage that the german officer caps are so rare to begin with. there have been barely any green ones on the market compared to the ugly blue ones. questioner86 you owe me this for tripwire's mistake

I want to do an eyepatch with a German officer's cap and theyre just so retardedly expensive.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
check out this buy order.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/232090/Crovel%20%7C%20Precious

Holy crap look at this buy history

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/232090/AR15%20%7C%20Precious

She Bangs the Drums fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 18, 2015

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Martout posted:

Scrakes take half damage from explosive damage though which really takes the oomph out of it.

Oh, okay. I thought maybe when you are the target of a rocket that detonates you take both the explosive AND impact damage. That's obviously wrong now that I've written it out as the damage total would be enormous.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Posted Hans.txt and waiting for moderator approval and the inevitable shitposts to follow. Could use some backup if you agree:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=115248

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 19, 2015

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Inside Out Mom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkZKXtwALQM

truth

You can hear the voice actor almost laugh in some of them

3:01 = ??

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I just had to get that last shot in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn5YVfUOkvw

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I know pubbies and all that but It seems impossible to kill bosses on hard lately. People just seem to get fatigued the longer it lasts and once the medic is out of grenades everyone starts dropping. Actually making me think firebug might not be jam.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Tokubetsu posted:

I know pubbies and all that but It seems impossible to kill bosses on hard lately. People just seem to get fatigued the longer it lasts and once the medic is out of grenades everyone starts dropping. Actually making me think firebug might not be jam.

Are you microwave gunning it up? MWG is like the only thing that everything seems weak to right now, including Hans and Pat.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Takes No Damage posted:

Are you microwave gunning it up? MWG is like the only thing that everything seems weak to right now, including Hans and Pat.

Yeah I always try to have a MWG by wave 4. I rarely buy flamethrower, pretty much ride caulk out until I can afford MWG. I might just be too hard on myself and stuck in a bad pubbie rut haha

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Tokubetsu posted:

Patriarch's not too bad. His attacks are dodge-able, split-up, and telegraphed. Still takes teamwork and knowledge of his attacks from a well-leveled team to beat him on hard. The big thing is to keep moving, but always doing damage to him. When you see him start pressing buttons on his cannon, find cover. If he follows it with "One in the pipe," then hide, because his hardest attack is about to hit. Otherwise, if you have a healer that's on it, he can't do too much continuous deadly damage.Hans on the other hand is broken as all hell. He's got a mixture of bugs, and attacks that do around 100 damage per hit that strike in rapid succession. One of his grenades did 74 damage to a person on our team tonight (medics heal for around 20 damage at that point):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCibcVrDcFE

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Dec 19, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
"I know, let's make one of our bosses hit incredibly hard when you have no armor, and then nerf medics who try to heal those people!" -someone at Tripwire

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tokubetsu posted:

ride caulk

:quagmire:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Killing Floor 2: Dehumanize Yourself and Face to Hans

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Killing Floor 2: Dehumanize Yourself and Face to Hans

Killing Floor 2: Dehumanize Yourself and EMBRACE YOUR DEATH

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Theta Zero posted:

Killing Floor 2: Dehumanize Yourself and EMBRACE YOUR DEATH

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Since last week every time I try to load the game up it crashes before the logos are even done loading. I wanna sling more guns. :(

I've tried verifying the integrity, and uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Psion posted:

"I know, let's make one of our bosses hit incredibly hard when you have no armor, and then nerf medics who try to heal those people!" -someone at Tripwire

"And make it so that when players are hurt they run slower, so they can't even get away. Fun on a bun!"

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
this thread is just like stalingrad

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Gromit posted:

"And make it so that when players are hurt they run slower, so they can't even get away. Fun on a bun!"

This is an extremely annoying mechanic in video games but I get why it's there

I don't get why the threshold is 50, though, that's really hosed up. It should be 25 at most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Got the pat in Hard last night after countless Hanses in a row and actually had a great time. Came very close to killing him and the whole fight felt actually fair and good