Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

RareAcumen posted:

Anyone have any good rebuttals against that Egalitarian poo poo? All I've got is that it doesn't really make you seem like you actually care about women's rights if you're that hung up on just the name.

Egalistarian is wishy-washy bullshit about how "Hey everyone should be equal!" while ignoring the fact that the biggest inequality and injustice is against women. It's just MRA neckbeards trying to make it seem like men's problems are just as big as women's.

Think of it like the #AllLivesMatter movement that came in response to the #BlackLivesMatter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
If you try and work for gender equality by concentrating on how MEN are treated unfairly in very specific situations, rather than how women are treated in very BROAD situations, then you're doing it very, veeeery wrong.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
It also ignores that feminist organizations do raise awareness of male inequality, such as social perceptions of male rape victims. All 'egalitarians' have ever done is whine on reddit, and all MRAs do is actively threaten women with rape and death.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

ikanreed posted:

But this is just "I don't like thing" slapped on a goddamn arctic bird.

It's everything wrong with edgelords on imgur, only about stupid pop culture bullshit instead of stupid political bullshit.

Uh I'm sorry but that is clearly the unpopular opinion puffin? On imgur that's the meme you use by putting an inane opinion on it and harvesting the sweet upvotes from people that agree with you.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The puffin meme kind of makes me sad because I've seen them in the wild. They're not stupid racist assholes in real life, they're cute birds. They like fish! Won't someone please think of the puffins?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Thoughtless posted:

I don't really see a reason to refute it given that it's feminism except with a different name, and therefore good. Unless the MRA people have hijacked the word.

But here's something that makes me like imgur more:

is this a shayu post

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

The puffin meme kind of makes me sad because I've seen them in the wild. They're not stupid racist assholes in real life, they're cute birds. They like fish! Won't someone please think of the puffins?

A group of people I know went to the Skellig Islands in Ireland for a day and they were all really thrown off by how mean and aggressive the puffins were. Anecdotal obviously but I can't help thinking of them as extremely cute, vicious hissing flying attack penguins now

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

The lighting and the background of that puffin photo always makes me think it was taken in a football stadium at night, with the puffin wandering around on the pitch lit up with floodlights.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I would be so ashamed if I were the photographer who took that puffin picture.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Red Bones posted:

The lighting and the background of that puffin photo always makes me think it was taken in a football stadium at night, with the puffin wandering around on the pitch lit up with floodlights.

He's punting

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

http://imgur.com/gallery/CRh2hHV

The worst comments? Or the worstest?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

kazil posted:

Catch phrases from five years ago, and requests for context - par for the course. Seems pretty tame by Reddit Jr standards.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ikanreed posted:

But this is just "I don't like thing" slapped on a goddamn arctic bird.

It's everything wrong with edgelords on imgur, only about stupid pop culture bullshit instead of stupid political bullshit.

Shut up, nerd.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kazil posted:

we need context man, the context.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
http://imgur.com/user/Carlox

Apparently people are posting selfies. I noticed he made a weird comment on one, and clicked on his username.

I was not prepared.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

trapped mouse posted:

Apparently people are posting selfies. I noticed he made a weird comment on one, and clicked on his username.

I was not prepared.

So Loosechanj is modding imgur now?

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

trapped mouse posted:

I was not prepared.

Jesus christ that made my skin crawl.

Whyyyy. Why even bother.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

trapped mouse posted:

I was not prepared.

He didn't post the meme of Spiderman sitting there masturbating to the Christmas selfies, but he commented on it. I'm not sure which is worse.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

trapped mouse posted:

I was not prepared.

"I'd stare if I saw you on the street."

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I don't know if "everyone posts a selfie" day is better or worse than the normal imgur days.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

kazil posted:

I don't know if "everyone posts a selfie" day is better or worse than the normal imgur days.

If you like that you'd love the post your selfie thread :q:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

kazil posted:

the selfies are awful

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Gaunab posted:

the selfies are awful

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

can't favorite the best selfies tho

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mans posted:

But boy can you pretend to be in a wheel chair!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, people tend to forgot the KMT had racial policies that were not unlike the Nazi's (which still kind of exist in China, with many people who are considered Han thinking they're better than everyone else), and was setting up China to become a fascist state along the lines of Italy and Spain.

Didn't the KMT end up achieving that in Taiwan later anyways? It seems like a Francisco Franco situation where the West supported a military strongman fascist as an ally against a common enemy.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

RFC2324 posted:

But boy can you pretend to be in a wheel chair!

What?

Mans posted:

Also you can't even post how much you'd like to masturbate to them. loving sa sjw, can't even make heartfelt compliments anymore.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Fathis Munk posted:

What?

Also you can't even post how much you'd like to masturbate to them. loving sa sjw, can't even make heartfelt compliments anymore.

Only if you're a mod! Or former mod.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Gosh it's just so darn hard being a white male in America. Truly, there is no struggle like ours.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

A goon by the name of GunChicka pretended to be this wheelchair-bound but conventionally attractive girl in the Post Your Picture thread and apparently E/N for a while, also, making up stories about having robot legs and trying to recover. Someone did a reverse image search, discovered that GunChicka claimed to be in Portland when the actual person was in Germany. This was GunChicka's last post.

GunChicka posted:

I'll explain, but it's really stupid. Didn't intend to make up a character at first, just registered for LP's and stuff but my life is really boring and I liked reading E/N so I had an idea for a crazy e/n thread I planned on stretching out for a long time. I just googled for pictures to use (which is really inconsiderate in hind sight but I figured I was just making up a story and it was harmless as they were public) as I wanted to lay some groundwork so when my story started becoming unbelievable and people dug up posts it'd seem more believable. Anyhow I got carried away with posting and shouldn't have used someone else's pictures. It was all a dumb idea anyways and I regret it. Everyone return to normal and I'll do better things with my time and just feel really embarrassed about this whole thing from and never post again.

Some people were forgiving and understanding of GunChicka, which led to this golden post.

pixelbaron posted:

*with hope still in his heart that gunchicka might just be a bored hot babe that was posing as another equally hot babe, he closes his eyes thoughtfully* i...i forgive you. heck i even respect you..

Also, GunChicka has deleted all of their posts involving her fake condition, but they were fun.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Lol, as someone who is also 100% Polish and born in this country; no, people of color still have it worse. How about fighting for your brothers instead of having a lovely pity party for yourself?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

trapped mouse posted:

A goon by the name of GunChicka pretended to be this wheelchair-bound but conventionally attractive girl in the Post Your Picture thread and apparently E/N for a while, also, making up stories about having robot legs and trying to recover. Someone did a reverse image search, discovered that GunChicka claimed to be in Portland when the actual person was in Germany. This was GunChicka's last post.

Some people were forgiving and understanding of GunChicka, which led to this golden post.

Also, GunChicka has deleted all of their posts involving her fake condition, but they were fun.

:laffo: I think I remember seeing her post when looking into that thread once.

Solar Coaster posted:

Lol, as someone who is also 100% Polish and born in this country; no, people of color still have it worse. How about fighting for your brothers instead of having a lovely pity party for yourself?

That would take engagement and work so no.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

If he's really that poor, why doesn't he qualify for need-based scholarships?

Oh wait, he's just dumb.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

TheMadMilkman posted:

If he's really that poor, why doesn't he qualify for need-based scholarships?

Oh wait, he's just dumb.

There are definitely scholarships for having some level of Polish in you. Along with any other European ancestry.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Even though this is probably fake, it's still creepy as all poo poo.

At least the comments are calling him out

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's probably easier and cheaper to just go back to Europe anyways :v:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The last post was about Polish people wanting to study, not looking for anal wives.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

kazil posted:

I almost wish this ended with her buying a strap-on. He didn't say what kind of anal....

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

kazil posted:

In alternate imgur world, there should be one of someone saying "all I want is some respect from my husband this year"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Solar Coaster posted:

I can see how someone could arrive at this conclusion in the 50s. My mother had a hard time getting into certain social circles and professional environments because a lot of older Canadians still had a bug up their rear end about Eastern European immigrants but a lot of that dissipated by the 70s. It still in no way compares to being not white and in 2015 literally no one would ever stop you from getting a job or housing for being a Polish person.

e: Also, that anal guy. Regardless of whether or not that is STDH it's still super creepy that someone would come up with that scenario and still conclude he would ever be owed sex.

• Locked thread