Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Sir Kodiak posted:

"Statistics" and "physics" being different things is not pedantry. Sorry that pointing this out got you upset, but it's not exactly a minor distinction.

Physics is a statistical model at its most fundamental level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Lessail posted:

You'd think it'd be their thing

Racism in America has been mostly of the dog-whistle variety in recent decades, but with the rise of Trump I could see American sports fans becoming more comfortable with making monkey gestures at black players.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Kodiak posted:

At least we've determined that part of the problem is you also don't know what sarcasm is.

One of my many failings as a D&D poster.

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

kittenmittons posted:

Racism in America has been mostly of the dog-whistle variety in recent decades

maybe on tv.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

ohgodwhat posted:

Physics is a statistical model at its most fundamental level.

As this is both true and irrelevant, I applaud you for responding in the spirit of my posts.

radical meme posted:

One of my many failings as a D&D poster.

No worries, we all have them. For instance, I'm a pedantic shithead.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones

GalacticAcid posted:

Football's dominance may decline when the head injury research really permeates the national consciousness and high schools start getting hit with civil suits. If insurers stop covering high school football teams, a lot of programs will be eliminated and the talent funnel will shrivel all the way up the chain.

Football is also terrible because the Steelers blew it against a trash team as usual so we're going to miss the playoffs.

Please, you know football will be the next thing there is a "War on..."

Edit: Also the ravens really have no business winning anything this year.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

Football's dominance may decline when the head injury research really permeates the national consciousness and high schools start getting hit with civil suits. If insurers stop covering high school football teams, a lot of programs will be eliminated and the talent funnel will shrivel all the way up the chain.

Football is also terrible because the Steelers blew it against a trash team as usual so we're going to miss the playoffs.

I have a cousin who is a high school football coach. It was amazing to watch him spin the concussion scandal.

"Well, you see no sport is with out risk. People are just panicking because 'concussion' sounds scary. But we used to just call it 'getting your bell rung' and everyone was fine with it".

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
This is the worst derail, bring back food chat.

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing
Sorry I seem to be lost in the sports section could any one tell me how to get back to the US politics thread?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Tran posted:

There is an entire loving sub-forum for sports you pedantic morons.

botany posted:

This is the worst derail, bring back food chat.

the moose posted:

Sorry I seem to be lost in the sports section could any one tell me how to get back to the US politics thread?

I'm glad I had a hand in making this dream a reality. Thank you all.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
It really is a slow day on the political news circuit.

Eliot Spitzer and Martin O'Malley's deputy campaign manager, Lis Smith, have ended their torrid gossip-fodder relationship.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

Isn't this what happen to boxing?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
There was a ton of corruption in the boxing betting too.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

PhazonLink posted:

Isn't this what happen to boxing?

No, corruption happened to boxing.

e:f;b

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

the moose posted:

Politics are the sports of big business, hth.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

mlmp08 posted:

Politics are the sports of big business, hth.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Good for them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Xae posted:

I have a cousin who is a high school football coach. It was amazing to watch him spin the concussion scandal.

"Well, you see no sport is with out risk. People are just panicking because 'concussion' sounds scary. But we used to just call it 'getting your bell rung' and everyone was fine with it".

How bad is the concussion scandal? I am not really a big sports person but i have heard the NFL has hosed over alot of injured players over it?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

How bad is the concussion scandal? I am not really a big sports person but i have heard the NFL has hosed over alot of injured players over it?

Let's just say Teddy Roosevelt was onto something when he wanted to ban football.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

When you have the time, here is a whole thing on it

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

DemeaninDemon posted:

Fuckers don't have the balls to since they're so rung up on the idea mosques contain armories full of AKs and IEDs. They'll stick to drive by vandalism for now.

I bet Second Amendment fetish folks would back gun grabbing if it started with Muslims and Arab-Americans. :rolleyes:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Well technically right now any DA could use civil forfeiture to seize all guns in america. Doing that even once would be a great way to get rid of civil forfeiture!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Yeah, League of Denial put a really bad taste in my mouth for the NFL, similar to Blackfish and SeaWorld. It's really terrible what happens to these kids and grown adults later on. Imagine having your spine broken at 17 due to a bad hit? Gross.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Boywhiz88 posted:

Yeah, League of Denial put a really bad taste in my mouth for the NFL, similar to Blackfish and SeaWorld. It's really terrible what happens to these kids and grown adults later on. Imagine having your spine broken at 17 due to a bad hit? Gross.

well clearly these children knew the risks and as we live in a free market

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Luigi Thirty posted:

well clearly these children knew the risks and as we live in a free market

All so the dad of the kid could push his son into sports so that, maybe, just maybe his son will best the odds and get drafted into the NFL. They'd have a better chance at winning the lottery.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

source

bonus:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
This post is amazing, thank you for making it.:allears:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

this is the best thing I've read today.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Absolutely horrible and not at all out of character for Romney. Man really has absolutely no sense of empathy

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Ted Cruz almost certainly has it worse, but then again Ted Cruz is the kind of guy who thrives on everyone hating him. Jeb probably is not.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Today in islamophobia: Elderly Sikh man waiting for a ride to work Saturday morning in Fresno. A car stops and two guys get out and start yelling at him. They hit him with the car and then beat him up when he's on the ground and drive away. At least he didn't die like the last time a Sikh was attacked in Fresno, he got off with a broken collarbone.

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/crime/article51817840.html

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I feel real bad for jeb now.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Luigi Thirty posted:

Today in islamophobia: Elderly Sikh man waiting for a ride to work Saturday morning in Fresno. A car stops and two guys get out and start yelling at him. They hit him with the car and then beat him up when he's on the ground and drive away. At least he didn't die like the last time a Sikh was attacked in Fresno, he got off with a broken collarbone.

We will never... yadda yadda yadd :(

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

hangedman1984 posted:

Absolutely horrible and not at all out of character for Romney. Man really has absolutely no sense of empathy

Its also completely ideologically consistent with modern conservatism.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

drilldo squirt posted:

Never forget, he brought it on himself.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Luigi Thirty posted:

Thanks Trump.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jeb :(

Which Hurricane was Isaac again?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

drilldo squirt posted:

otoh: https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/681234287958556675?s=09

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

drilldo squirt posted:

I lived in Florida while he was governor. Your empathy is misplaced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Does anyone know more about this? Given how nasty and complex state budgets can get this feels like it could have been taken way out of context and he doesn't really attribute any evidence to it. Which Republican legislator was this? Which hospital? I mean don't get me wrong this is the mother fucker responsible for the Terri Schiavo shitcircus so I'm not putting it past him but i'd like some ammo on this.

• Locked thread