Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

The actual probable cause for the arrest is in there. How strong is that case? It seems to unfortunately be based on the victim's statements and conversations with the victim's mom which doesn't seem to make for a very strong case against what will likely be a very good defense. I mean, the only thing worse in this situation than no charges is for him to be acquitted.

Current gossip is that the statute of limitations was about to run out so this was a way to extend the evidence-gathering window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats dudes still alive and legit? i though he was a scam.

The riddler's got a long and honored history in batman's rogue's gallery, all above board.

edit: cocksucker this is why i refresh before i post

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

James Garfield posted:

Restoring Americans' Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation

Restoring Americans' Health that Obamacare Won't Address

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

FAUXTON posted:

Restoring Americans' Health that Obamacare Won't Address

This bill is 1488 pages long! Nobody can read that. I vote nay.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Isn't every year regarded as a new congress? Technically that would make it be the first time.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

So the plan is just to flood the president's desk with bills passed through the reconciliation process now?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ethiser posted:

Isn't every year regarded as a new congress? Technically that would make it be the first time.

It's also the first time they both repealed Obamacare and defunded PP in a single bill, so it's a totally new thing and the counter restarts, obviously.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Good Citizen posted:

So the plan is just to flood the president's desk with bills passed through the reconciliation process now?

Wouldn't be a very good plan, since Congress is only allowed one reconciliation bill a year.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

An obvious ruse to say Paul D. Ryan is not a Muslim sympathizer.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
sooner or later, congress is gonna pass the skill check to repeal obamacare and then who will be laughing

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

paranoid randroid posted:

sooner or later, congress is gonna pass the skill check to repeal obamacare and then who will be laughing

Yeah but they might also get a critical failure and cause full communism

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Luckily the only Congresscritter who plays D&D is Jared Polis so we're safe unless his d20s fall into the hands of one of his Colorado colleagues like...Ken Buck or Mike Coffman :barf:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Somewhat problematic.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Luckily the only Congresscritter who plays D&D is Jared Polis so we're safe unless his d20s fall into the hands of one of his Colorado colleagues like...Ken Buck or Mike Coffman :barf:

Isn't there one who plays WoW? Or was that a state legislator?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

haveblue posted:

The one they tried to smear with her online characters?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

haveblue posted:

Haha oh god the smear site is still up

Which only meant that Colbert noticed her, brought her on the show, and basically landed her in the Maine State Senate :kimchi:

EDIT:...for 2012-2014, anyway. :sigh:

Combed Thunderclap fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 30, 2015

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

DM Fiat. Just wait until Obama gets sick of their poo poo and invokes "Rocks fall, everyone dies"

Aaaaaaaaaaany day now... :tinfoil:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Joementum posted:

Somewhat problematic.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
maine needs an offtank. maine is already up to its freaking armpits in dps. the last thing maine needs is another rogue to pull aggro and wipe the raid.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

MariusLecter posted:

The one they tried to smear with her online characters?

There's also that one Florida Republican who's big into Vampire LARPing, in case anyone's forgotten about him.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

maine needs an offtank. maine is already up to its freaking armpits in dps. the last thing maine needs is another rogue to pull aggro and wipe the raid.

She was Assassination spec in 2012, so she wasn't going to be doing nearly enough DPS to pull aggro.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I don't know what any of those words mean and I am scared by it, I'd better vote Republican.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

There's also that one Florida Republican who's big into Vampire LARPing, in case anyone's forgotten about him.

Based on what I now know from the A/T LARP thread, the only surprise is that there aren't more GOP politicians who are Masquerade/Mind's Eye/Camarilla players.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Anyone who has done LARP and has experience with local politics will tell you that it's basically the same thing.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Based on what I now know from the A/T LARP thread, the only surprise is that there aren't more GOP politicians who are Masquerade/Mind's Eye/Camarilla players.

How do you know there aren't? Like we hear about it when someone gets busted, but not all that often. At the state legislature level, opposition research is rather limited to what's made the news or official reports. You're not going to have the budget to go heavy into PIs for until you get to the Congressional level, and you can't feasibly interview every ex-girlfriend at much below the Presidential level (maybe a big Senate/Governor race). It's an order of magnitude easier to just make poo poo up or take something ridiculously out of context than it is to break into a dude's house looking for fake fangs or something.

Plus most of these politicians know for months in advance that they're running, so it's just a matter of dipping out of your LARP group a few months before you announce (and before you're on the other guy's radar). It's not like it's something people publicize about themselves, right? The average LARPer doesn't mention it at the watercooler or put it on their Christmas card. And it's not like you're introducing yourself to your LARP buddies, right? I'm a (Democratic) political activist and I'm not sure I'd recognize the most of the local elected Republicans by sight (especially in the dark, wearing make-up), and there's basically no chance I'd recognize someone from an adjacent county. Especially since the average Republican politician is a middle-age white person, and they all look the same, even to us fellow white people. The average person has basically no interaction with their state legislator either - every 2-4 years you get a mailer reminding you to vote for him, he shows up at the occasional event and says a few words, but the vast majority of constituents don't know his name or anything.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Anyone who has done LARP and has experience with local politics will tell you that it's basically the same thing.

Backstabbing idiots with delusions of their own grandeur who can barely get even simple things done and need to be herded like cats to do anything remotely complex?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Joementum posted:

Wouldn't be a very good plan, since Congress is only allowed one reconciliation bill a year.

Seems at least order-of-magnitude consistent with their current success rate.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

"Rape is nonexistent in marriage"

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/12/30/republican-family-values-rape-is-non-existent-in-marriage-take-what-you-want/

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Jackson Taus posted:

Backstabbing idiots with delusions of their own grandeur who can barely get even simple things done and need to be herded like cats to do anything remotely complex?

Also, a lot of dumb people who are role playing as smart people.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

The article it's linked from is loving amazing.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/politics/tx-pol-posts-denied-marital-rape-cheating-drug-test-article-1.2480367

quote:

“Rape is non existent in marriage, take what you want my friend! ~STICK,” the politician wrote on a fantasy football forum in March of 2008, under the username stick, based off his last name.

The 32-year-old Republican regretfully admitted to making the comments, according to the Quorum Report.

“I have said and done things I wish I hadn’t. But by the Grace of God my past sins are forgiven,” Stickland said.

I do not understand how people believe this kind of poo poo. How the gently caress do people get to just go "oh yeah well god forgave me so it's good" and then other people just buy it?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Idiot fucker even signs his posts.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Luigi Thirty posted:

The numbers don't lie and they spell disaster for Ted Cruz at Sacrifice.

HE'S FAT

But only if you unskew those numbers with Steinermath.

Edit: Wait, that's :thejoke:. I have shamed the Big Bad Booty Daddy.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

haveblue posted:

Mail him a dead lamb.

Moose head to remind him of his birth place.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Also, a lot of dumb people who are role playing as smart people.

This is now my new favorite description of like 8 people.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Hope nobody ever looks up my posting history.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats dudes still alive and legit? i though he was a scam.

I used to run into that guy all the time when I hung out in Dupont. He wears that suit constantly.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Hope nobody ever looks up my posting history.

You planning on running for office?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Hi. I'm a Unitarian Universalist. My denomination has really gotten behind this whole Black Lives Matter thing, but gosh, maybe it's just a waste of time.

What you need to do here is put up an additional sign saying "Every time you deface this sign we donate X amount to the local NAACP. Carry on!" or something like that

(since BLM is so decentralized it's hard to find a good way to directly donate to them)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FairGame posted:

I used to run into that guy all the time when I hung out in Dupont. He wears that suit constantly.

how is he in person. he seems interesting enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hmm. Checks out.

• Locked thread