Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What's the best way to convert dil/zen to credits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

What's the best way to convert dil/zen to credits?

Keys and Fleet Ship Modules are the quickest, but I'm not sure what the best rate is.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Keys are usually 4.5m a piece but are down to barely above 4m due to the recent sale so might want to hold on to them for a while.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Lorak posted:

Psh. Grab an Elachi, Coalition, and Nanite Disruptor beam, as well as a Withering Disruptor, Terran Task Force and Bio-Molecular Disruptor beam from the rep systems. You know you want all of those colors.

I did that shortly after the resonant disruptor came out in whatever mission it's from.

Asimo posted:

Don't forget a polarized disruptor! :pseudo:

Oh I didn't

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Soviet Commubot posted:

I did that shortly after the resonant disruptor came out in whatever mission it's from.

Oh I didn't

Glorious!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

I remember when the gal x with rainbow beams was the pubbiest things ever. How times have changed :allears:

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Axe-man posted:

I remember when the gal x with rainbow beams was the pubbiest things ever. How times have changed :allears:

That's largely because they were mixing energy types, every one of my beams is a disruptor of some kind and helped by my vulnerability locators. That's on an engineer in a D'Kora and usually does about 30k DPS in ISA.

Really though, what else am I going to do with my space money?

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Start a starbase for wayward orions?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Soviet Commubot posted:

Oh I didn't

Pink that warp core, stat.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
spent New years Eve downloading the game and logging in for the first time since launch, I have no life.

Vendictus Prime@kaiostheory

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Vendictus Prime posted:

spent New years Eve downloading the game and logging in for the first time since launch, I have no life.

Wow that's a bad start to the year

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Wow that's a bad start to the year
Yeah, it's brilliant. After this, he's got nowhere left to go but up.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Vendictus Prime posted:

I spent the first half hour of the new year bleeding on my favorite shirt and that sounds more pleasant than what you did.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
That's what you get for trying to blow up condom machines you vandal.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Soviet Commubot posted:

As long as it's all the same damage type and has good mods (CrtD, DMG or Pen) on it it doesn't matter all that much.

I say that as I'm about to pour a bunch of dilithium and upgrades into eight spiral wave disruptors. :negative:

Does this mean accuracy isn't a good mod anymore? (If it ever was)

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

It used to be, but no longer.

Pen -> CrtD/DMG -> CrtH -> Acc

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

revtoiletduck posted:

Does this mean accuracy isn't a good mod anymore? (If it ever was)

It's the worst mod.

Order is, from what I've gathered;

Acc<CrtH<CrtD<DMG for tacticals, swap DMG and CrtD for science or engineering officers.

If crafted there's also the following: Snare, Thrust, Pen, Over, Rapid

Of these, Pen(etration) is the Big One. The wanted endgame weapon is either an epic MKIV CrtDx3/PEN+AC/DM or MKIV DMGx3/PEN+AC/DM.

AC/DM is a mod an epic energy weapon get.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How did anyone calculate all that?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Baron Porkface posted:

How did anyone calculate all that?

:spergin:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
The basic presumptions are that the target has essentially no dodge to punch through(Because the AI ships are relatively slow-moving, getting some extra hit and crit chance from such) and you have lots of critical hit from things like Vulnerability Locators and Romulan Officers.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Also, IIRC the extra accuracy -> crit spillover was killed.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

wdarkk posted:

Also, IIRC the extra accuracy -> crit spillover was killed.

It just doesn't work in FAW, which means 90% of the time you're actually shooting at something.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
4/8 guns epic'd this weekend: three phaser arrays and my Borg cutting beam, plus I scored an [AMP] on my Iconian warp core and a [REG] on my Romulan rep shield. Pretty sweet. I only spent 110k dil, but easily 15 million EC on Superior Beam Upgrades and 1.5x Research Boosts. Still, cheap for what I got, I think.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Oh its upgrade weekend? Maybe I should log in and burn some dil or something.

Ok burned ~400k dilithium and got 5 gold projectile tactical consoles, gold assimilated console, gold tachyokinetic console and the iconian warp core is 10% to gold grade.

Eh, guess it was worth it? :shrug:

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 2, 2016

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

registered for the wiki under forums name Vendictus Prime

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is any sort of crafting profitable?

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Baron Porkface posted:

Is any sort of crafting profitable?

Generally no. The market is so competitive that a lot of R&D stuff is roughly the cost of the input materials and many times less than the cost.
If you have bij'd enough to get to level 15, you can make money on superior upgrades. Purple Mk II (Yes, Mk II) consoles command high prices in relation to their input material value.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Especially right now with materials prices inflated due to the ongoing upgrade weekend. Buy low, craft a shitload, then sell during the weekend. Or don't craft at all. That works too.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ugh how often are upgrade weekends? I drastically underestimated the amount of upgrades/dil I'd need.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

wdarkk posted:

Ugh how often are upgrade weekends? I drastically underestimated the amount of upgrades/dil I'd need.

You'll need 500k to a million dilithium.

Not even joking.

Eh, this is the 3rd weekend so far. Hard to guess at this rate.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Vendictus Prime posted:

registered for the wiki under forums name Vendictus Prime

You're in.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

DancingShade posted:

You'll need 500k to a million dilithium.

Not even joking.

Eh, this is the 3rd weekend so far. Hard to guess at this rate.

I'm not epicing anything, though.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

wdarkk posted:

I'm not epicing anything, though.

Hah.

What would you need to epic your whole ship again?

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Hah.

About 150-200 USD worth of zen to convert to dill at current rates. I'm just spit balling though. I've heard of people spending more.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Any must have ships to plan to get at end game or really key ones to get while leveling? I also noticed that the Romulan and Klingon ships come in some seriously extra large versions.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Hah.

Varies a lot by luck and the specific equipment you're using. But if you're not cheesing MkII crafted weapons en masse to try and get gold the "easy" way, or god forbid you're trying to epic out spiral wave disruptors or something, you're looking at somewhere around at least 1+ million dilithium. And a few hundred million credits (possibly a billion or more, haven't checked) worth of upgrade components. :toot:

Vendictus Prime posted:

Any must have ships to plan to get at end game or really key ones to get while leveling? I also noticed that the Romulan and Klingon ships come in some seriously extra large versions.
Not... really. There's a few really good ones, but there's enough different types of ships that there's usually at least one decent option in each type, so it depends a lot on what you enjoy flying.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Can Rommies wear fed or klank specific clothing yet if they're aligned with the appropriate faction?

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Innerguard posted:

Can Rommies wear fed or klank specific clothing yet if they're aligned with the appropriate faction?
Nothing has changed (recently anyway) when it comes to this. You're locked out of most (pretty much all) faction specific outfits even if you're allied with the faction.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Digging through the wiki, I'm not finding anything on what traits to take or use are they just what you want to use or are there ones you should have? I just hit level 10 on my Rommie and was going through all of them this morning. There are a lot of choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

https://wiki.wesleyguide.com/deeps is a pretty good summary of what you "should" have. Everything besides that matters a lot less, though in general if it boosts damage it's a good pick. Just, since this is a cryptic game there's a lot of things that boost damage that don't seem like they boost damage (like anything that increases the Starship Electro-Plasma Systems skill.)

• Locked thread