Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
So is this actually out yet?

Did DSmart sue Croberts?

Did that German poster (can't remember his username) merge all his accounts?

Did Seraph84 get banned again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

You see us whales we're like the old money, you're a scrub in real life why would you expect anything different here? Welcome to The Great Grind, I need a few strong lads to man my turrets if you get my drift.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

drkeiscool posted:

So is this actually out yet?

Did DSmart sue Croberts?

Did that German poster (can't remember his username) merge all his accounts?

Did Seraph84 get banned again?

no, no, no, yes x 15~

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

EminusSleepus posted:

SQ42 is Single Player so there is no need for balancing.

This is a complete load of horseshit and if CR believes it he's even more of a loving moron than I thought.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

When you're feeling down and your resistance is low
buy another spaceship and let yourself go

Play the... oh wait

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I don't like quoting myself but I thought it would be selfish not to share this.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I miss the old days when we had hope.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
We're not waving a red flag, we're practically beating you to death with it and the pole that's attached.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Turns out there was no Nigerian prince, who would have thought?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Come on Gryphontutufore5ive catch up, the thread goes so much faster when we're making GBS threads on you.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm still waiting for the Shyamalan twist where its revealed Gryphon is an auditor

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Most anticipated games of 2016

:sigh: No SQ42 :sigh:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

because SQ42 is not a game but a movie

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

EminusSleepus posted:

because SQ42 is not a game but a movie

Well duh, it's not a game it's a dream.

Edit : ohoho! ^

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

MeLKoR posted:

I don't like quoting myself but I thought it would be selfish not to share this.

Someone needs to explain to them that Dr. Smart isn't the boss or something, but is actually just another poster in these threads. And that no-one really cares about his game more than any other game.

Someone like me. Right now. Since you are reading this, you dumb cultist fucks.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Do we know anyone apart from gryphonbadasseaglemajestic who actually comes on here from rsi?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I played Star Citizen tonight and I can tell you, it's bad.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

If chris roberts made tetris it would have 10 hours of FMV in it and the blocks would be motion capped
He would make it with polyhedrons not polygons and you'd never get a solid row because rhombic triacontahedrons and great cubicuboctahedrons just can't fit together.

He'd be the last to realize his fatal mistake since he fired anybody who questioned his genius and never play tested it himself.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It's poo poo

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Do we know anyone apart from gryphonbadasseaglemajestic who actually comes on here from rsi?

Several read the thread but he's the only poster until Karl graces us with his presence once again.

czarmonger
Aug 16, 2008

ask me about my brothel
Have y'all seen the second alpha release? Although there is but a glimpse of everything they claim to be implementing, it still looks beautiful and basic functionality works. And yes there are bugs for the simplest of things, it is a loving alpha.

And I understand they are personally attacking critics which is immature, but from what I gathered, these critics claimed that the entire thing is fake and they are never actually planning to release a game. Seeing the alpha tells me that something is being developed.

I haven't been following this story at all, my introduction to the entire thing was reading OP's post a week ago, and then seeing FrankieOnPCin1080p put out a video of him playing around in the alpha.

It just feels like both parties are exaggerating their claims. The developers were over ambitious and short sighted with their timeline, as most grand scale MMOs take half a decade to produce. I don't think their intention was ever to take everybody's money and not deliver something, they just hosed up.

Ultimately I don't care--I was never planning on playing it in the first place, even after seeing the gameplay which looks pretty cool. I'm just curious as to why this is being treated like an intentional scam, and not a development fuckaroo that they are unsuccessfully trying to resolve. Fuckaroos happen to a lot of games, we just don't hear about them because they aren't publicly funded projects. I mean, how many games have collapsed during development because of poor planning and ever-growing issues? The answer is "a lot".

That's the inherent problem with crowd funding, and projects across all categories have gone under, never to be released because of a myriad of reasons.

So I guess my question is: all of you butthurt Star Citizen backers, or do you just like being dramatic?

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

that's because nobody on this earth except chris roberts gives a hot gently caress about sq42

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
Twenty sixteen
Whole game ahead of her
Bought more ships
Bored with life
Couldn't log in
Thank the Lord
For small mercies

Glitching NPCs
Really getting old again
Christmas livestream burning in her mind
Goons take the blame
It's always the same
She goes down on her knees
And pays

[Chorus x 2]
I don't want to start
Any blasphemous rumors
But I think that Crob's
Got a sick sense of humor
And when I die
I expect to find him "coding"

Twenty eighteen
Two weeks more developing
Where's my game, gently caress, Jesus Christ
15 fps
She gives up
Better buy a new machine

Summer's day
Croberts ran away
Birds were nowhere
Still runs like shite
No refunds sent
Can't pay her rent
At least her ships have LTI

e:
I don't want to start
Any SC fanfiction
But I think that Crob's
Got a cocaine addiction
And when I die
I expect to find him snorting

IrvingWashington fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 2, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
mama mia

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

czarmonger posted:

So I guess my question is: all of you butthurt Star Citizen backers, or do you just like being dramatic?

Hmmm lets find out in LETS PLAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr7z3Undbn0

czarmonger
Aug 16, 2008

ask me about my brothel

It is the second version of an alpha. If you've ever been to gaming conferences and gotten to preview alphas of larger studio games, not only are they still buggy, but they're like the 40th version of the alpha.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

czarmonger posted:

Have y'all seen the second alpha release? Although there is but a glimpse of everything they claim to be implementing, it still looks beautiful and basic functionality works. And yes there are bugs for the simplest of things, it is a loving alpha.

And I understand they are personally attacking critics which is immature, but from what I gathered, these critics claimed that the entire thing is fake and they are never actually planning to release a game. Seeing the alpha tells me that something is being developed.

I haven't been following this story at all, my introduction to the entire thing was reading OP's post a week ago, and then seeing FrankieOnPCin1080p put out a video of him playing around in the alpha.

It just feels like both parties are exaggerating their claims. The developers were over ambitious and short sighted with their timeline, as most grand scale MMOs take half a decade to produce. I don't think their intention was ever to take everybody's money and not deliver something, they just hosed up.

Ultimately I don't care--I was never planning on playing it in the first place, even after seeing the gameplay which looks pretty cool. I'm just curious as to why this is being treated like an intentional scam, and not a development fuckaroo that they are unsuccessfully trying to resolve. Fuckaroos happen to a lot of games, we just don't hear about them because they aren't publicly funded projects. I mean, how many games have collapsed during development because of poor planning and ever-growing issues? The answer is "a lot".

That's the inherent problem with crowd funding, and projects across all categories have gone under, never to be released because of a myriad of reasons.

I'll let someone else fill you in on frankieonpc, long story short that was a heavily (HEAVILY) edited video, and he was probably paid anyway.

As for the entire game, you can call it a fuckaroo but over a goddamn million dollars has been put to this game and what is there to show. I'm serious, what can you honestly say about this game looks like it's had a million dollars spent on it, let alone 100 million?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

czarmonger posted:

Serious answer from my perspective...
No, I am not butthurt at all, it's all so silly and ridiculous and it's like a perpetual comedy machine to me, nothing more really.
I own the game, can barely play it and think it looks dull, I think the ideas behind it are dull and I won't bother playing it much if at all if / when it's released.
I don't want to be That Guy but getting mad over vid games is not great, I've never done that because they are just games really.
In short, to me it's just poo poo all the way down, lovely poo poo but funny to point and laugh at. CIG won't ever impress me because I am not their target demographic anyway, I fuckin hate sci fi and all that bullshit :lol: Wooo I'm a Star Citizen, here I go woooosh!!!!

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 2, 2016

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

czarmonger posted:

There is quite a lot you need to catch up on before calling us all salty ex-backers.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

czarmonger posted:

It is the second version of an alpha. If you've ever been to gaming conferences and gotten to preview alphas of larger studio games, not only are they still buggy, but they're like the 40th version of the alpha.

Dude I have a Rift I am basically Mr Alpha, this is just poo poo, it's buggy which is fine but there is also a very fine lovely mist covering the whole game. It's a turd.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Angela Christine posted:

This is supposed to be a military ship, right? The first officer talks about being part of some battlegroup. There is a naval base in my town and you can spot the off duty military guys in a second just by how they stand and how they move, and the characters in that tour are not military. Not even a little bit. Mocap is pretty pointless when none of your actors can manage a military bearing.

And what's the deal with the dumpy pajamas? I assumed the mocap suits looked like that for reasons, but apparently they were a faithful model of future military uniforms. Makes all the men look paunchy. Geez, if all you can get are doughy civilian actors, at least have them wear girdles during filming so they don't look like such doughy civilians.

They should have said it was a civilian freighter or something.

Yeah, it's a UEE Navy ship. I think the UEE Stanton is supposed to be patrolling some backwater system featuring one of the mining platforms for Shubin Interstellar. Supposedly they used performance capture for some of the guys who handle guns and poo poo, but I guess the old-rear end frigate full of chucklefucks like Morrow would likely have a pile of rejects. Just imagine the Stanton is the equivalent of the crew from Down Periscope, only without the humor or joy.

czarmonger
Aug 16, 2008

ask me about my brothel

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I'm serious, what can you honestly say about this game looks like it's had a million dollars spent on it, let alone 100 million?

I don't think they have spent all 100mil, that's just what they have received in donations.

And given the expansiveness of the game, it is safe to say they spent more than a million just developing the engine/foundation for the game, before they even started making it playable.

And all the videos I've seen have been beautiful. The interior lighting, the planets, the ships. All very cool.

Edit: cool I just needed to know (for my own reasons) that this thread wasn't just one big ex-backer circle jerk. I had a grand ole time reading the OP, it was very funny and entertaining. Good to know some of you are just havin' a laugh.

czarmonger fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 2, 2016

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
OK guys I'm back from the FUTURE.... I'm sorry this took so long but it's drat hard to find anything in the HoloWeb. Anyway, we can stop guessing, here's what happens (SPOILER ALERT)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

IrvingWashington posted:

Twenty sixteen
Whole game ahead of her
Bought more ships
Bored with life
Couldn't log in
Thank the Lord
For small mercies

Glitching NPCs
Really getting old again
Christmas livestream burning in her mind
Goons take the blame
It's always the same
She goes down on her knees
And pays

[Chorus x 2]
I don't want to start
Any blasphemous rumors
But I think that Crob's
Got a sick sense of humor
And when I die
I expect to find him "coding"

Twenty eighteen
Two weeks more developing
Where's my game, gently caress, Jesus Christ
15 fps
She gives up
Better buy a new machine

Summer's day
Croberts ran away
Birds were nowhere
Still runs like shite
No refunds sent
Can't pay her rent
At least her ships have LTI

e:
I don't want to start
Any SC fanfiction
But I think that Crob's
Got a cocaine addiction
And when I die
I expect to find him snorting

:yarg: Amazing :golfclap:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

czarmonger posted:

I don't think they have spent all 100mil, that's just what they have received in donations.

And given the expansiveness of the game, it is safe to say they spent more than a million just developing the engine/foundation for the game, before they even started making it playable.

And all the videos I've seen have been beautiful. The interior lighting, the planets, the ships. All very cool.

Edit: cool I just needed to know (for my own reasons) that this thread wasn't just one big ex-backer circle jerk. I had a grand ole time reading the OP, it was very funny and entertaining. Good to know some of you are just havin' a laugh.

And just out of curiosity, does the fact that man who is apparently the head of this game doesn't know how to play his own game or work a computer instill you with confidence?

edit : Ok you don't seem so bad now

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

czarmonger posted:

the vast majority of people who put money towards the game and read this thread have already gotten refunds. It's all laughs at this point, similar to the bitcoin thread.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

peter gabriel posted:

I get like that about tetris :argh:

$160.00
Package Includes 3-Year Insurance

$265.00

$350.00

$600.00

LIMITED TIME $3,400.00
Package Includes Lifetime Insurance

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

redwalrus posted:

$160.00

$265.00

$350.00

$600.00

LIMITED TIME $3,400.00

:perfect:

I particularly like that you can only get the straight piece by buying the full set for a drastically inflated price!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

czarmonger posted:

Honestly I think most people here are just in it for a laugh, sometimes serious posts come up but they are usually really good anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

redwalrus posted:

$160.00

$265.00

$350.00

$600.00

LIMITED TIME $3,400.00

Will it be possible to have curves in 2 weeks?

• Locked thread