Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Crain posted:

Turns out one of the conspiracy theories going around was that one of the local sheriffs was also part of BLM. The Sheriff's office issued a public correction on the matter.

https://twitter.com/HarneyCoSheriff/status/686646793346527232

Why is the sheriff still trying to be friendly to them? He should say that he is a double agent for the BLM and that removing fences makes the currently private land property of the Feds. I don't see any problem fighting crazy with crazy.

Oh, the death threats and stalking. Right...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

herbaceous backson posted:

Doesn't seem to be fizzling out like some people were predicting, at least not for lack of supplies.

A siege only works if you actually siege, I assumed it would fizzle out because I, apparently living in a fever dream, assumed that the FBI would blockade them off from other supporters and people who would bring them supplies.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

don't you see you fool, the anti-government militias are really feeling empowered to take action against the government by cutting down fences and spraypainting trucks

they're going to leave a bag of flaming cow dung on the steps of the fed next

If you did this to their property they would kill you.

Turtle Sandbox fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 12, 2016

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

theflyingorc posted:

No seriously, as long as the FBI continues to do nothing, what, exactly, is going to happen? How is this situation going to boil over?

Well they are not acting as if they defacto own the land. Following that video where Ammon basically says some Sov Cit magic mumbo that amounts to "We did a thing, we now own the land, we're going to 'give it to the people'", this is the result of that.

They just opened the land up to a local rancher at the rancher's request (it seems).

So they're not going to leave now. Earlier people were saying "They have jobs and ranches to run" as a reason they'll leave, but now they see this as their new land to take care of.

And they don't have any limit on supplies because they just go to town to buy stuff (or get it donated since no one is stopping that).

So now what? Just let them have it and use it?

The two things people were saying would be catalysts for them just leaving were lack of supplies and them getting bored/having to go back to jobs. That's not happening so do they just successfully manage to steal the land from the US government?

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Thump! posted:

Stealing and defacing government property is certainly a crime, isn't it?

I don't think you realize quite how white and armed these people are.

BaurusJA
Nov 13, 2015

It's cruel...it's playful... I like it

ozmunkeh posted:

I don't think you realize quite how white and armed these people are.

Nothing says upstanding citizen like white rednecks with a big rifle.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
Don't you guys realize that if we attempt to remove or contain these peaceful protesters that it will be a bloodbath?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Crain posted:

Well that's not what seems to be the case. Things are happening:

Lmao this is pathetic. What's next for our brave patriots, erecting a gazebo? Getting an old lady's cat out a tree? They're a rebellion in search of a cause.

Crain posted:

Right now this is what they're doing, and it's drumming up at least some attention:

https://twitter.com/WandaKTVZ/status/686647283547377665

I didn't think any businesses would be dumb enough to ask for/use the land while the Bundy's were doing this but it turns out one rancher asked them to remove the fence between their land and the refuge.

And they're currently dismantling the fence with the equipment from the refuge office.

Is there any confirmation that locals asked for this? As opposed to them just making it up so they look like they've got local support?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

katlington posted:

Lmao this is pathetic. What's next for our brave patriots, erecting a gazebo? Getting an old lady's cat out a tree? They're a rebellion in search of a cause.

Is there any confirmation that locals asked for this? As opposed to them just making it up so they look like they've got local support?

Ammon said that the family told them that not having that land would put them under. So.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Crain posted:

Ammon said that the family told them that not having that land would put them under. So.

So, no. Ammon disclosed the name to reporters, who are trying to contact the family now.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 12, 2016

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
The Feds have wisely learned that the most effective way to smother a protest movement is, in fact, to allow it to become a victim of its own success, thus removing the reason for its own existence.

These foolish militamen are mere puppets dancing upon our strings, you see. :shepface:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

And now The Pacific Patriots are patrolling around town.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

hobbesmaster posted:

Leftist groups don't have guns so yes they're an easy target.

and that's apparently all the fbi is good for, oppressing harmless groups. sure as gently caress can't rely on them to protect you from actual threats like right wing militias

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Crain posted:

Well they are not acting as if they defacto own the land. Following that video where Ammon basically says some Sov Cit magic mumbo that amounts to "We did a thing, we now own the land, we're going to 'give it to the people'", this is the result of that.

They just opened the land up to a local rancher at the rancher's request (it seems).

So they're not going to leave now. Earlier people were saying "They have jobs and ranches to run" as a reason they'll leave, but now they see this as their new land to take care of.

And they don't have any limit on supplies because they just go to town to buy stuff (or get it donated since no one is stopping that).

So now what? Just let them have it and use it?

The two things people were saying would be catalysts for them just leaving were lack of supplies and them getting bored/having to go back to jobs. That's not happening so do they just successfully manage to steal the land from the US government?

OK, so, this is the first thing you've said that is legitimately stupid. This ranch is not a replacement for their ranch back home. For starters, it didn't come with free cattle. They don't just gain the land and now they make money on it? Do you think land works like it does in Magic the Gathering? Their cattle will not magically teleport to where they are. There is nothing about this line of argument that isn't dumb.

More or less, no part of your narrative makes sense. Yes, they could stay indefinitely if they continue to get donations. But if they don't get media attention (and they're never going to get back to where they were a week ago without firing a weapon), what's the point? You seriously think they're new plan is I LIVE HERE NOW?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So even if the family didn't ask them to do it, they are still acting as I'd they have the authority to do so. The places where rebel groups can gar away with doing that are supposed be failed/failing states. If they feel they can do a show of force on the Feds in town, how long until they decide they can govern the town and provide law better than the sheriff? Or is the fact they are stealing public land not a problem

They're not in dire straights, hell at this point their suggestions for things to send them is saying hey want to pitch in but can't make it yourself this is how you can help. It started as a joke but gets less funny as time goes on.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The feds can separately pursue any ranchers that they "help".

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

I found this to be an interesting read for the conservative perspective on the whole situation:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...ly-persecution/

It's not hard to read the truth between the lines, particularly if you're cross-referencing with the Wikipedia article, but it gives some idea of how they feel that they're in the right, both on the Hammond case and on claiming the wildlife refuge for ranchers.

I'll take a stab at some of it, anyway:

Conservative Treehouse posted:

(a2) During the 1970’s the Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS), in conjunction with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), took a different approach to get the ranchers to sell. Ranchers were told: “grazing was detrimental to wildlife and must be reduced”; 32 out of 53 permits were revoked and many ranchers were forced to leave. Grazing fees were raised significantly for those who were allowed to remain.

Clearly the only reason for halting grazing on a wildlife reserve was to force the Hammonds to sell their ranch.

(a3) By 1980 a conflict was well on its way over water allocations on the adjacent privately owned Silvies Plain. The FWS wanted to acquire the ranch lands on the Silvies Plain to add to their already vast holdings. Refuge personnel intentionally diverted the water bypassing the vast meadow lands, directing the water into the rising Malheur Lakes. Within a few short years the surface area of the lakes doubled. Thirty-one ranches on the Silvies plains were flooded. Homes, corrals, barns and graze-land were washed a way and destroyed. The ranchers who once fought to keep the FWS from taking their land, now broke and destroyed, begged the FWS to acquire their useless ranches. In 1989 the waters began to recede; now the once thriving privately owned Silvies plains are a proud part of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge claimed by the FWS.

Redirecting water to actually flow into the lake rather than in farms caused flooding of farms that were built on the floodplain? Clearly a conspiracy to drive out ranchers, not a considered effort to restore a damaged ecosystem.

The study also showed the migrating birds were 13 times more likely to land on private property than on the refuge. When Susie brought this to the attention of the FWS and refuge personnel, her and her family became the subjects of a long train of abuses and corruptions.

The refuge is still a relatively tiny enclave surrounded by private property. Given how much private property there is, I'd be surprised if it isn't just straight probability causing the birds to end up landing there.

quote:

(c) In August 1994 the BLM & FWS illegally began building a fence around the Hammonds water source. Owning the water rights, and knowing that their cattle relied on that water source daily, the Hammonds tried to stop the building of the fence. The BLM & FWS called the Harney County Sheriff department and had Dwight Hammond (Father) arrested and charged with “disturbing and interfering with” federal officials or federal contractors (two counts, each a felony). Dwight spent one night in the Deschutes County Jail in Bend, and a second night behind bars in Portland. He was then hauled before a federal magistrate and released without bail. A hearing on the charges was postponed and the federal judge never set another date.

(d) The FWS also began restricting access to upper pieces of the Hammond’s private property. In order to get to the upper part of the Hammond’s ranch they had to go on a road that went through the Malhuer Wildlife Refuge. The FWS began barricading the road and threatening the Hammonds if they drove through it. The Hammonds removed the barricades and gates and continued to use their right of access. The road was proven later to be owned by the County of Harney. This further enraged the BLM & FWS.

Yeah, the reports of the Hammonds threatening land managers (there's a specific instance of them that they'd "tear off his head and poo poo down his neck") don't exactly lend a lot of credence to this tale of persecution.

(i) In the early fall of 2001, Steven Hammond (Son) called the fire department, informing them that he was going to be performing a routine prescribed burn on their ranch. Later that day he started a prescribed fire on their private property. The fire went onto public land and burned 127 acres of grass. The Hammonds put the fire out themselves. There was no communication about the burn from the federal government to the Hammonds at that time. Prescribed fires are a common method that Native Americans and ranchers have used in the area to increase the health & productivity of the land for many centuries.

Yeah let's see what Wikipedia says, based on the court documents:

Wikipedia posted:

The 2001 Hardie-Hammond Fire began, according to Probation Officer Robb, when hunters in the area witnessed the Hammonds illegally slaughter a herd of deer.[32] Less than two hours later, a fire erupted and forced the hunters to leave the area.[33] Later, Steve's nephew Dusty Hammond testified that his uncle told him to start lighting matches and "light the whole countryside on fire." Dusty also testified that he was "almost burned up in the fire" and had to flee for his life.[29][34] The Hammonds have falsely claimed they started the fire to stop invasive plants from growing onto their grazing fields.[35]

But let's not get witness testimony under oath in a courtroom get in the way of fantasies about what happened.

(j) In 2006 a massive lightning storm started multiple fires that joined together inflaming the countryside. To prevent the fire from destroying their winter range and possibly their home, Steven Hammond (Son) started a backfire on their private property. The backfire was successful in putting out the lightning fires that had covered thousands of acres within a short period of time. The backfire saved much of the range and vegetation needed to feed the cattle through the winter. Steven’s mother, Susan Hammond said: “The backfire worked perfectly, it put out the fire, saved the range and possibly our home”.

Again, let's look at actual events per the court record:

Wikipedia posted:

The 2006 Krumbo Butte Fire started out as a wildfire, but several illegal backburns were set by the Hammonds with the intent to protect their winter feed. The backfires were set under the cover of night without warning the firefighting camp that was known to be on the slopes above.[33][36] According to the indictment, the fires threatened to trap four BLM firefighters, one of whom later confronted Dwight Hammond at the fire scene after having moved his crews to avoid the threat.[33][34] Two days later, Steve Hammond threatened to frame a BLM employee with arson if he didn't stop the investigation.[35]

And a lot of the rest of it is pretty precious:

(l) Shortly after the sentencing, Capital Press ran a story about the Hammonds. A person who identified as Greg Allum posted three comments on the article, calling the ranchers “clowns” who endangered firefighters and other people in the area while burning valuable range land. Greg Allum, a retired BLM heavy equipment operator, soon called Capital Press to complain he had not made those comments and requested they be taken down from the website. Capital Press removed the comments. A search of the Internet Protocol address associated with the comments revealed the origin as the BLM’s office in Denver, Colorado. Allum said, he is friends with the Hammonds and he was alerted to the comments by neighbors who knew he wouldn’t have written them. “I feel bad for them. They lost a lot and they’re going to lose more,” Allum said of the ranchers. “They’re not terrorists”. “There’s this hatred in the BLM for them, and I don’t get it,” the retired BLM employee said. Jody Weil, deputy state director for communications at BLM’s Oregon office, indicated to reporters that if one of their agents falsified the comments, they would keep it private and not inform the public.

"We got trolled! On the comments section of an article on the Internet! The injustice!" :allears:

Dwight & Steven’s mug shots were all over the news the next week posing them as “Arsonists”. Susan Hammond (Wife & Mother) said: “I would walk down the street or go in a store, people I had known for years would take extreme measures to avoid me”.

quote:

Susan Hammond (Wife) later said; ” I have never felt so violated in my life. We are ranchers not criminals”.

Poaching in a wildlife reserve and setting fires that nearly kill firefighters are, funnily enough, crimes. Being a rancher, strangely, does not preclude you from being a criminal.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

leftist protest should arm up and violently claim property next time. that way the police will kindly ask them to leave instead of tear gassing, beating, and using sound cannons on them

thanks bundy for teaching us that violence is the only way to make your voice heard in this country

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Poaching in a wildlife reserve and setting fires that nearly kill firefighters are, funnily enough, crimes. Being a rancher, strangely, does not preclude you from being a criminal.
actually you'll find that america's farmers are the backbone of our society, and are noble blah blah blah blah they're down to earth so they can't possible be evil greedy bastards, right???? ALSO, something about Monsanto???

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

KomradeX posted:

So even if the family didn't ask them to do it, they are still acting as I'd they have the authority to do so. The places where rebel groups can gar away with doing that are supposed be failed/failing states. If they feel they can do a show of force on the Feds in town, how long until they decide they can govern the town and provide law better than the sheriff? Or is the fact they are stealing public land not a problem

They're not in dire straights, hell at this point their suggestions for things to send them is saying hey want to pitch in but can't make it yourself this is how you can help. It started as a joke but gets less funny as time goes on.

Crain posted:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

^^Thanks Commie. I knew someone had mentioned that.^^

theflyingorc posted:

This ranch is not a replacement for their ranch back home.

Their ranch back home is taken care of. Hell, Ammon Bundy isn't even a rancher, he has a limo service (or a limo repair service or something along those lines). And the ranchers that are there aren't the sole proprietors . They have employees and managers to take care of their ranches. So that's really not a draw. I'm sure some of these guys have regular jobs, But not all of them need to leave. And you're not stopping them anyway. So it's really not a limitation is it?

quote:

For starters, it didn't come with free cattle. They don't just gain the land and now they make money on it?

No poo poo. But they think they do. These guys are Sovereign Citizens. They literally think they magically own the land because they did some ritual. A facebook link was posted that was a video of Ammon Bundy "explaining" this. As far as they are concerned they own the land. And if the government doesn't show up to correct them and let's them work the land, then what difference does it make?

quote:

Their cattle will not magically teleport to where they are.

Point to where I said they would be bringing their cattle to the refuge. Considering what they did today, open up the land for a local rancher, they probably aren't going to bring their cattle to the land. Why would they? They have land back home and are already stealing the BLM land near it. They're going to operate the refuge for the locals. And lets ranchers graze, loggers log (although there are no trees as far as I know), and miners mine. Probably for a small "administrative" fee. And again, if the government isn't going to stop them, because it has to be so hands off as to be incorporeal, then what difference does it make that they don't actually own the land?

quote:

More or less, no part of your narrative makes sense. Yes, they could stay indefinitely if they continue to get donations. But if they don't get media attention (and they're never going to get back to where they were a week ago without firing a weapon), what's the point? You seriously think they're new plan is I LIVE HERE NOW?

YES! Actually yes. What part of "THIS IS A LAND GRAB" didn't register? They are literally trying to steal the land. "I live here now" is part of that. At least "live" in the sense that "it's mine, I can do and sell it like I please".

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Condiv posted:

leftist protest should arm up and violently claim property next time. that way the police will kindly ask them to leave instead of tear gassing, beating, and using sound cannons on them

thanks bundy for teaching us that violence is the only way to make your voice heard in this country

The threat of violence. Actual violence would see the hammer dropped immediately.

You're angry at reality, not at society. Dangerous people who are not currently a direct danger to anyone else have a lot of power!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/HarneyCoSheriff/status/686675067053326336

the sheriff is announcing that they are going to have weekly monday meetings about the situation (or basically, the fbi isn't gonna be doing anything about this for at least 2 more weeks)

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crain posted:

it's not illegal to drive around with a rifle in your truck in oregon

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Also a reminder of what these asshats are fighting against:

The bird, or the beefsteak?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Crain posted:

No poo poo. But they think they do. These guys are Sovereign Citizens. They literally think they magically own the land because they did some ritual. A facebook link was posted that was a video of Ammon Bundy "explaining" this. As far as they are concerned they own the land. And if the government doesn't show up to correct them and let's them work the land, then what difference does it make?
...work the land. What do you think "working the land" entails. They're cattle ranchers. Explain to me how you think they're going to start cattle ranching tomorrow.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

it's not illegal to drive around with a rifle in your truck in oregon

Hmm, yes. *FARRRRRRTSSSSS* indeed.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

theflyingorc posted:

The threat of violence. Actual violence would see the hammer dropped immediately.

You're angry at reality, not at society. Dangerous people who are not currently a direct danger to anyone else have a lot of power!

Do I even need to highlight multiple people killed without having causing any actual violence, and multiple protests having been gassed/attacked without any due cause or are you really that dense?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

theflyingorc posted:

yeah, what i mean is the next occupy wall street should arm up and threaten to kill any cops that try to break them up

that way the fbi will be too scared to actually do anything about them

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crain posted:

Hmm, yes. *FARRRRRRTSSSSS* indeed.

i mean, it isn't. i'm not sure why the idea of a redneck driving around in a truck with his rifle, in rural oregon, is particularly irritating

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

...work the land. What do you think "working the land" entails. They're cattle ranchers. Explain to me how you think they're going to start cattle ranching tomorrow.
So you didn't read the post.

"Managing" the land. Selling off sections for mining. The feds aren't coming in any time soon. Why tomorrow? Who said tomorrow?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah I saw this right after I posted it. But this is still some how in no way a problem where the FBI needs to do something publicly as well as whatever 11th dimensional chess they're planning behind the scenes in secret

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
seriously everyone, these guys are going to take over thousands of acres of land undeveloped for farming and...uh...? Farm it? They're gonna farm it real soon. They'll just plant some cow seeds

CommieGIR posted:

Do I even need to highlight multiple people killed without having causing any actual violence, and multiple protests having been gassed/attacked without any due cause or are you really that dense?
No, because that shows that you're talking about something completely different than I am?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

i mean, it isn't. i'm not sure why the idea of a redneck driving around in a truck with his rifle, in rural oregon, is particularly irritating

A redneck that is a member of a group that has actively promoted the idea that they want to face off with Federal Authorities.

Cool. Guess the Confederate Army never really dies.

theflyingorc posted:

No, because that shows that you're talking about something completely different than I am?

Note for all future protests: theflyingorc says if you bring guns, totally expect to be left alone and not arrested or shot. You heard it here.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Crain posted:

So you didn't read the post.

"Managing" the land. Selling off sections for mining. The feds aren't coming in any time soon. Why tomorrow? Who said tomorrow?

So the feds haven't moved on these guys for one week, and you assume that they'll be able to sell off individual sections for mining, and other people will be able to set up mining operations there.

And you don't think that's really stupid?

CommieGIR posted:

Note for all future protests: theflyingorc says if you bring guns, totally expect to be left alone and not arrested or shot. You heard it here.
No, I absolutely did not say that, you just decided I was talking about what you wanted to talk about.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

seriously everyone, these guys are going to take over thousands of acres of land undeveloped for farming and...uh...? Farm it? They're gonna farm it real soon. They'll just plant some cow seeds

You should go show them how to make Scarecrows. Apparently you can make them out of thin air!

In other news:

Sources: Malheur data breach concerns Fish & Wildlife

quote:

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A data breach by militia at the Malheur Wildlife National Refuge has led the US Fish and Wildlife Service to ask some of its employees to relocate from their homes until the situation is resolved, sources told KOIN 6 News.

While Ammon Bundy has told reporters that his group has not accessed computer files, a reporter for OPB witnessed them doing just that.

About the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge

Because the group is believed to have accessed the personal information — including home addresses — of employees, some employees have been advised to stay elsewhere.

http://koin.com/2016/01/11/sources-malheur-data-breach-concerns-fish-wildlife/

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

theflyingorc posted:

look, you must be a dense motherfucker if you don't share my implicit understanding that all cops are violently racist, as evidenced by this completely different protest in a different time and place that was handled by a different law enforcement agency. all cops are the same, but not all protesters are the same, because i disagree with these guys, so in this case i'm using the example of how cops beating people up is a bad thing to argue that sometimes it's a good thing. what's so hard to understand about that?

CommieGIR posted:

A redneck that is a member of a group that has actively promoted the idea that they want to face off with Federal Authorities.

did whatever this group is say that, or are you just assuming that? getting real thoughtcrimey in here, good job ostensible leftists for standing up for this dude's rights to free speech until he says something you find distasteful

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

So the feds haven't moved on these guys for one week, and you assume that they'll be able to sell off individual sections for mining, and other people will be able to set up mining operations there.

They literally opened up part of the refuge today for a rancher to use. They posted a video stating that they think they now own the land. They keep talking about opening up the land for "the people" to use.

No it is not a huge leap to assume that since they now think they have won, that they are going to move forward with their plans to do exactly what they have started doing.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

did whatever this group is say that, or are you just assuming that? getting real thoughtcrimey in here, good job ostensible leftists for standing up for this dude's rights to free speech until he says something you find distasteful

Yes. They did. They stated that they are there to try and "help manage" the situation. They were told to leave by both sides, but have now stuck around to help "keep the peace".

These guys are now paroling around town acting as vigilante law enforcement.

*The sound of a long drawn out Amergin*

EDIT:gently caress, I responded to PTD.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Crain posted:

Sources: Malheur data breach concerns Fish & Wildlife

Hey they're just Peaceful Protestors right so I don't see the problem

theflyingorc posted:

Or they're gonna let all the ranchers due what they did in the 19th century and destroy the habitat with over grazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crain posted:

Yes. They did. They stated that they are there to try and "help manage" the situation. They were told to leave by both sides, but have now stuck around to help "keep the peace".

These guys are now paroling around town acting as vigilante law enforcement.

so we're just taking it as read that "help manage" means "i want to shoot feds"

driving around town pretending to be a vigilant patriot with your rifle isn't illegal, dude. i know it completely infuriates you that people have different opinions about politics but just having those opinions and sucking air isn't a crime

• Locked thread