Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Zeris posted:

Deathy is a debbah dawg and I am army, we high five every morning. My beard game is subtle and trim, Deathy has the kind of solid jawline that would be totally wasted if a beard ever obscured it. So uh, hi.

can confirm

deathy is handsome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

lol if you jailbreak your iphone

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
I'm down. Starting school next Monday.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Good news iPhone havers! f.lux is just going to be included in iOS 9.3 as something called Night Shift.
http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-introduces-new-night-shift-feature-in-ios-9-3.1949879/

I actually just installed it on my laptop (expecting to hate it) and I love it. This is good news.

I jailbroke my 3G, but bought applecare on the 5 instead. This poo poo is getting too loving expensive to dick around with.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I don't get the appeal of jail breaking your iPhone. There's enough competitors on a level playing field in the Droid ecosystem that you might as well do that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If you like android, sure. Jailbreaking definitely had more appeal a decade ago, when android was garbage and so was most of the app store.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I don't get the appeal of jail breaking your iPhone. There's enough competitors on a level playing field in the Droid ecosystem that you might as well do that.

it used to be a much bigger deal before apple rolled all the main jailbreak tweaks and stuff into iOS

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
It's funny to me that apple had no intention of having any kind of App Store. The original jailbreak had a repository where people had reverse engineered the OS and were making their own native apps which led to apple creating the App Store and making huge profits. The original vision was for "web apps" and they wanted you to make an icon that was a bookmark to whatever web page had the functionality you wanted. The problem was Edge speeds being poo poo and the browser was too slow to do cool stuff.

Basically it was a continuation of Apple being behind the curve but somehow still coming ahead with huge stacks of cash for their "efforts"

Posted from my iPhone 5s.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Every iOS release ever is just a release of some new/old jb tweak

Reason enough to jailbreak is f.lux, which is gone soon as seen above

Other than that though there's tage and swipe select that I can't live without and the former probably won't ever see an iOS implementation.

Swipeselect lets you slide across the keyboard to move the cursor

Tage lets you swipe up or however you want to configure it to act as the home button. So you can close apps or bring up the multi tasker that way as well as swipe the title bar to lock the phone.

Call me a sperg I guess. Android is lame in TYOOL 2016 gently caress bothering with that nonsense. But I still think there's a lot of good reasons to jailbreak. Remember what the messaging app was like before? It's worlds better but the jb app quick reply was much better

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

my mom was complaining about how her nexus phone would get too hot to touch and had a battery life of like 2 hours and i found out it was because the email app was pegging the cpu 100% trying to fetch updates multiple times a second

reminded me of why i switched to iphones

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

our company has a BYOD policy, but only for iphones. we had a very small android test group at the request of one of the VPs, which was killed unceremoniously once he left the company.

thank god.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I mean I guess androids had more use before all the contemporary iPhone features. But they were always finicky and poo poo battery. I still don't get why you'd want iOS on a tablet though, but iPhones are popular for a reason

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I was seriously skeptical about going from a galaxy to a 6S Plus at first. But like for real this phone and giant screen owns. It just feels like a normal sized device to me.

My friend handed me her 6s to take a photo on and it felt like a toy.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress i just went through the steps to do the beta opt in and realized 9.3 isn't in beta testing for regular users yet.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
also yeah, i started out with the first android phone as my first smartphone, then went to iphone for a while. tried an android phone again later and it was good but there was so much bullshit that pissed me off or frustrated me that i just went right back to iphone.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mike-o posted:

also yeah, i started out with the first android phone as my first smartphone, then went to iphone for a while. tried an android phone again later and it was good but there was so much bullshit that pissed me off or frustrated me that i just went right back to iphone.

I did the same thing but with TCBY (Iphone) and coldstone creamery (Android)

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I was working on some stuff around the house and found a section of the floor near my sliding glass door is soft. I bet it's more loving water damage gently caress this goddamned house jesus loving christa aasaasashofas ufckc fuckuf ufuck fusck

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fuckin A my 401k rollover check finally came in.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mike-o posted:

The G1? me too. I even doubled down and upgraded to the G2.

Then i went iphone and never looked back

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Is that Morrissey?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
View from the office is dope

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's the awesome part of town. South of Soldier Field, not so much. The only time I've been to Chicago was for a friend's wedding, so I didn't have much time to sightsee. Sears Tower was socked in at about the 15th floor, and half the subway lines were down so I spent half the day wandering an area that looked like Detroit.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Hey holly bloops

Go to eataly and get yourself a sammich

gently caress that place I would be 400 pounds (the size of your average logistics clerk) if I lived near one

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

View from the office is dope

Raise: my beachfront view

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's pretty good.

Eataly is cool. I've been there once. Kind of a trek from my place.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

holocaust bloopers posted:

That's pretty good.

Eataly is cool. I've been there once. Kind of a trek from my place.

A 5 minute drive from my house

e: Imgur keeps deleting my poo poo

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 12, 2016

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Nice!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My buddy has a condo that over looks the giant silver bean. Nice place if a bit cold.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

NICE!

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I was working on some stuff around the house and found a section of the floor near my sliding glass door is soft. I bet it's more loving water damage gently caress this goddamned house jesus loving christa aasaasashofas ufckc fuckuf ufuck fusck

update: It's hosed. A section of the rim joist one to two feet long is entirely rotted through. The insulation soaked that water up and held it against the rim joist for however long it takes for whatever size lumber that is to rot all the way through.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ouch. Sorry bro.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

update: It's hosed. A section of the rim joist one to two feet long is entirely rotted through. The insulation soaked that water up and held it against the rim joist for however long it takes for whatever size lumber that is to rot all the way through.

Can you get to it from underneath?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Mr. Mambold posted:

Can you get to it from underneath?

Yeah

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

You probably already know this, you can sister in a piece of treated 2xwhatever alongside that joist, use a car jack to get it up snug.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that sucks dude im sorry

im very jumpy about my pre war of northern agression homestead but so far outside of like having to drag out 300 feet of coax cable that the dude 100% installed himself by making a 1x1 square and placing it in the corner of the staircase and painting it like the wall, complete with molding

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

didnt you just buy that place? time to burn it down and collect insurance

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

didnt you just buy that place? time to burn it down and collect insurance

Nah I've had it for a few years.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh boy, jury duty tomorrow! I could shout about being a sovereign citizen or how I don't trust "those types", but I'm hoping jury nullification is a real concern that'll get me dismissed and not just some other dumb internet thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Just answer honestly. You think all cops are psychopaths who only wanted the job so they could legally shoot people.

• Locked thread