Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Casimir Radon posted:

There's a SNCO that I kind of hate. He likes to spend his days looking at boats on craigslist. I'd probably buy a really nice boat, rub it in his face, and then potentially never use it.

buy the boat he wants, rub it in his face, then sell it to him for a lower price. then watch as the associated costs of owning a boat sink him completely :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

That's a lot of potential dogs and land for said dogs.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Winning the powerball and having 800+ million dollars seems like it would be a chore to actually spend all that money. I mean 800 million, that's a lot of loving cash. Unless you're handing out massive checks to your family or literally buying up huge companies, the thought of actually going broke for a middle aged man with 800 mil seems like you'd have to work at becoming broke, and with normal idiot spending you could probably get to the age of 70 or 80 and probably still have like a million left in the bank.

you become rich, you probably blow 15 million the first year *house, cars stupid poo poo for the house, vacation* but after that, your yearly expenditures probably don't exceed 6 million and that's being generous. so in 20 years you'd have spend 120 million on top of the 15, which leaves you with 665 million and you're only 40...

I dunno, I'm probably thinking too much into this.. If I win i'll host a GiP house party with a cool 3 million party present to each of you. BYOB though

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 11, 2016

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

The best answer so far.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I wonder how much money it would take to convince Biden to run.

$6 million. To rebuild Beau. We have the technology.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Reverand maynard posted:

You could buy the biggest dog farm ever, and hire folks to milk them. Leverage your mega bucks to corner the dog milk market.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

MurderBot posted:

you become rich, you probably blow 15 million the first year *house, cars stupid poo poo for the house, vacation* but after that, your yearly expenditures probably don't exceed 6 million and that's being generous. so in 20 years you'd have spend 120 million on top of the 15, which leaves you with 665 million and you're only 40...

Yeah, google "Paul Allen yacht" to see how billionares blow their money.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Wild T posted:

You could buy the biggest dog farm ever, and hire folks to milk them. Leverage your mega bucks to corner the dog milk market.

Sometimes I think the writers on It's Always Sunny read GiP

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Zeris posted:

$6 million. To rebuild Beau. We have the technology.

Beau paid the price for Hunter's sins. Until he's been put in the grave Beau can't be free.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Reverand maynard posted:

Of the eight thousand powerball memes I saw on facebook this week, one actually made me smile. It was a picture of a dog shelter where all the cages were empty and open, and the text was something like "Who's with me?" :unsmith:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

The Slithery D posted:

Beau paid the price for Hunter's sins. Until he's been put in the grave Beau can't be free.

Drive in a Trans am to St Joseph on the Brandywine Cemetary to reach Mr. Biden's resting spot. Park on the grass, atop at least one adjacent grave.

Exhume the body. Set aside for later use.

Take one pair of ensign's epaulettes. Smudge with cocaine, then snap in half. Toss into pit.

Shout three times loudly, "Ukrainian energy board membership is not a conflict of interest!"

Whisper at the coffin, once, "It's 2016. Your father needs you; the white house needs you."

Hunter will appear. Shove him in the grave, drive away quickly in the Trans am. Drive. Beau will be in the back seat, but do not look in your rearview mirror or the ritual will fail. At Dawn, Beau will be with us again.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Reverand maynard posted:

This. Me and the ol lady would buy up a ghost town in the west and convert it into a dog rescue. Itd be like a little 300 population spot off in the prairie. The general store would be ran by the dogs. The saloon would be ran by the dogs. Each dog gets a house, the workers have to stay in a labor camp.

We would consolidate our power and seceed from the US. The new nation would be called the United States of Dogges.

VVVVVV
BOOOOO responsibility and altruism is so boring.

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 11, 2016

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Just gift a major endowment / start a large nonprofit after taking care of family and friends?

100m for me
250 for friends and family
Rest goes to worthwhile charities / programs / park with my name on it in city of my choice

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
my friends are idiots and would blow it all on coke just like they did all the other money theyve ever come into

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Just gift a major endowment / start a large nonprofit after taking care of family and friends?

100m for me
250 for friends and family
Rest goes to worthwhile charities / programs / park with my name on it in city of my choice

I'd go 125m for me, with 100 in a long term fund and T-bills, 25 for walkin around money

Probably kick 1-5mil to select family (siblings and parents) and start a 50 million college investment fund for nephews, nieces and kids of friends that they can borrow against, but have to repay depending on GPA, like a 4.0 and it's free, a 3.0 and you pay me back 25% of what you borrowed, a 2.0 gets you paying me back 50% and flunking out/taking more than 6 years for a 4 year degree has you pay the whole thing back.

The remaining 300 mil I would use to fund a few businesses I've wanted to start forever, invest in real estate and other things dependent upon price, like how much it would cost to start a harem of Katie Perry, Allison Brie and any hot female lead on any given Spanish soap opera

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

KirbyKhan posted:

This. Me and the ol lady would buy up a ghost town in the west and convert it into a dog rescue. Itd be like a little 300 population spot off in the prairie. The general store would be ran by the dogs. The saloon would be ran by the dogs. Each dog gets a house, the workers have to stay in a labor camp.

We would consolidate our power and seceed from the US. The new nation would be called the United States of Dogges.

Are you accepting fifth columnists for this endeavor? I'd gladly overthrow this nation of assholes for a nation of dogges.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Never give money away; give away things. People see money and think "well that was some, how about some more?" but things - houses cars education etc. - you avoid it. There are so many accounts of family feuds and spoiled friendships because the original benefactor becomes the greedy one for not sharing enough (cash).

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

Never give money away; give away things. People see money and think "well that was some, how about some more?" but things - houses cars education etc. - you avoid it. There are so many accounts of family feuds and spoiled friendships because the original benefactor becomes the greedy one for not sharing enough (cash).

That's an excellent point, though I'm sure fighting that urge has to be a monster at first

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I guess. I'm just parroting all the internet horror stories I've read about this sort of thing.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

I guess. I'm just parroting all the internet horror stories I've read about this sort of thing.

Yeah, something like 60% of all lotto winners who've gotten more than 500K end horribly. The ones who tend to fare a lot better are college grads and/or people who make more than 60k a year

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

If they require a personal appearance, first thing to do is hire a publicist. Have them advise you on how to make the required appearance the worst TV possible, and hopefully kill off a lot of the news stories.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

At the personal appearance, take a lump sum minus taxes in cash. Burn it all in front of the reporters. Announce that you have given the gift of slightly reduced inflation to the people.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I'd get an apartment that has heat, probably. Not sure what else.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This is my favorite thread on the forums.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Just do what Chinese lottery winners do

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

poo poo in the street like it's no big deal?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Make it so tourist traps need to have a "Mainland Chinese" bathroom in addition to the "Literally everyone else in the world" bathroom to spare the rest of tourists from seeing someone poo poo in a trash can?

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Wild T posted:

gently caress that, you're rich. Hire a mountain climber to go up there with a gopro while you stay at base camp drunk and surrounded by golddiggers. You need to stop thinking like a poor.

Dude would cause an avalanche and kill me anyway.

How much does a rocket cost? We could send one to Mars with a big flag of a dick so when the first people finally get there they'll know dick graffiti is an intergalactic phenomenon.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

A Kpro posted:

Dude would cause an avalanche and kill me anyway.

How much does a rocket cost? We could send one to Mars with a big flag of a dick so when the first people finally get there they'll know dick graffiti is an intergalactic phenomenon.

Already happened

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
So today it's me. I'm the idiot.

I paid the idiot tax. I figured, Maryland is one of the states where you can win anonymously so I decided to drop ten bucks on five Powerball tickets.

But I bubbled the wrong thing on the thing.

I bought five Powerball tickets for the next five drawings. $50.

JFC can't anything go smoothly for once?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What? Did you pick that many numbers? I just walk up to the counter and say "5 powerball picks please."

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

McNally posted:

So today it's me. I'm the idiot.

I paid the idiot tax. I figured, Maryland is one of the states where you can win anonymously so I decided to drop ten bucks on five Powerball tickets.

But I bubbled the wrong thing on the thing.

I bought five Powerball tickets for the next five drawings. $50.
V
JFC can't anything go smoothly for once?

Maryland is a shithole. You are an idiot for not living in dc where you can grow your own weed or va where you can own all the firearms.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

neonbregna posted:

Maryland is a shithole. You are an idiot for not living in dc where you can grow your own weed or va where you can own all the firearms.

My wife was at Fort Meade. gently caress driving through DC beltway traffic so you can drive through Baltimore beltway traffic to get to work.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

McNally posted:

My wife was at Fort Meade. gently caress driving through DC beltway traffic so you can drive through Baltimore beltway traffic to get to work.

Thank you for your service

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

neonbregna posted:

what.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
just lol if you pick your own numbers like it's still 1955

have computers do that poo poo

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

neonbregna posted:

gently caress off

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

neonbregna posted:

Please leave. For your sake, don't reply, just walk away from this one.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Professor Bling posted:

just lol if you pick your own numbers like it's still 1955

have computers do that poo poo

Especially since people usually pick dates, which means you're writing off half the numbers possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

The Chinese don't really poo poo in the street, that's more Indias thing.