Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

Not sure what Jeff Fisher has done to be considered San Diegan but ok

I'll tell you what he has done it starts with an 8 and ends with an 8. Truly an American hero who deserves to be recognized as a citizen in each city :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ross Angeles posted:

I can't tell if you're joking or not

Oh you mean Jimbo Fisher my bad

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wattershed posted:

A stadium by OB (you're probably thinking that land immediately around Sea World) would be built like a normal stadium and end up looking like the one in the CGI renders on the last page because it's all marsh and would sink into the earth with velocity.

Oh, also, it's protected wetlands as well as a city-owned aquatic park.

I had no idea that area was wetlands. No wonder it feel like an untapped resource. Come to think of it having wide open spaces like that is pretty rare in that area and would be a shame to develop.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chargers got jokes

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/4456293?s=09

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

That's also a really old tweet

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

kiimo posted:

I had no idea that area was wetlands. No wonder it feel like an untapped resource. Come to think of it having wide open spaces like that is pretty rare in that area and would be a shame to develop.

So much construction and economic growth around there is blocked by this little bastard: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_least_tern

Like, a shockingly large number of anti-development lawsuits have been filed in order to protect that bird. Or, more accurately, anti-development people have used that bird quite effectively to win their cases.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

wattershed posted:

So much construction and economic growth around there is blocked by this little bastard: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_least_tern

Like, a shockingly large number of anti-development lawsuits have been filed in order to protect that bird. Or, more accurately, anti-development people have used that bird quite effectively to win their cases.

good

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

kiimo posted:

-St. Louis Rams fans are die-hard fans who got screwed and lost their beloved team to a nasty money-hungry owner who sees the big lights of LA and got dazzled. Give me a break. This is the third NFL team to ditch St. Louis, the Rams played in LA for 49 years before they went to St. Louis and the Rams were LAST IN THE NFL in attendance. St. Louis has never really supported the Rams and it isn't like the Rams belong to St. Louis. I don't feel bad for them, if they're such victims let's see how quickly they would embrace the Cardinals ditching Phoenix and coming back to St. Louis, that would turn the tables in one second.

Hahaha, Bill Bidwill's name is dirt in St. Louis so good luck with that one, and the Rams literally had the worst five-year record in the history of the NFL so yeah, big surprise, attendance wasn't so great in an economically stratified city whose primary loyalties lie with the Cardinals (i.e. the second most successful franchise in U.S. pro sports after the Yankees), but to say they didn't support them is bullshit.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm still confused about that Hep-C blowjob post

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I'm still confused about that Hep-C blowjob post

Someone asked SA2K if he'd support the Raiders if they moved into town.

Ross hates the Raiders.

edit: look they can't all be jewels, ham.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 14, 2016

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

FCKGW posted:

actually im sad they're not building that stadium in city of industry. it looks like a pinata jizzed on to a hillside

i like that it would be built into the mountain and the majority of it would be underground

Holy loving poo poo, this looks like concept art from the live-action adaptation of Speed Racer.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Metapod posted:

I'll tell you what he has done it starts with an 8 and ends with an 8.

The LA Rams record next year?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:thejoke:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The radio guys on the way to work this morning pulled up something called a "mock draft" from the internet and said "I can't believe I'm looking at a mock draft for the Rams on our show, I've never looked at one before."

Then they saw that it had the Rams taking Laquon Treadwell and they're like ooo he's big and fast and then they're like no no the Rams need a quarterback.

Nick Foles. Disrespected by people who have never looked at a mock draft.

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Criminal Minded posted:

Hahaha, Bill Bidwill's name is dirt in St. Louis so good luck with that one, and the Rams literally had the worst five-year record in the history of the NFL so yeah, big surprise, attendance wasn't so great in an economically stratified city whose primary loyalties lie with the Cardinals (i.e. the second most successful franchise in U.S. pro sports after the Yankees), but to say they didn't support them is bullshit.

St. Louis would do way better with a there from day one expansion team if the opportunity ever comes again. The Rams did have solid fan support but the front office was poo poo/on pre sale cruise control when they needed it most and they just never drew the casual fan after that amazing run and the limited success afterwards. I can't blame Stan for getting out of that dome asap, it was a huge mistake and terrible for football.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

build a stadium directly on the beach, have one end zone that is open directly to sand.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Robert Edwards sheds a cautionary tear.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lol sports radio suddenly adapting to having a new primary team to focus on is a funny idea.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Criminal Minded posted:

the Cardinals aren't the second most successful franchise in US pro sports you giant homer

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Criminal Minded posted:

Nice @BestFansStLouis find

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Nice @BestFansStLouis find

Thank you for this

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

wattershed posted:

If only those assholes would let us wipe out this species so we could build some condos

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

kiimo posted:

Nick Foles. Disrespected by people who have never looked at a mock draft.
Well they're not wrong :colbert:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ross Angeles posted:

the Cardinals aren't the second most successful franchise in US pro sports you giant homer

Seriously, it's probably the Spurs or Celtics/Lakers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ramadu posted:

Definitely the Celtics, but the Lakers have an argument

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ramadu posted:

Celtics and Lakers both for sure over the Cardinals, Spurs not so much

Also the Steelers

e: nvm not the Steelers

but lol even in baseball the Giants have more total championships than the Cardinals

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 14, 2016

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
If you count Canada the Habs would be up there too.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

Celtics and Lakers both for sure over the Cardinals, Spurs not so much

Also the Steelers

e: nvm not the Steelers

but lol even in baseball the Giants have more total championships than the Cardinals

But the cards did it the right way

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It doesn't matter cause the single most dominant team isn't even the Yankees it's the Globetrotters

Also whoops was looking at appearances not wins, Cards are ahead of the Giants

But it also means the Steelers, Cowboys and Niners are both more dominant than them

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

It doesn't matter cause the single most dominant team isn't even the Yankees it's the Globetrotters

the chargers are literally the washington generals

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

the chargers are literally the washington generals

Wouldn't that mean they accidentally won once?

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I think the sports radio guys in San Diego are crapping themselves over the uncertainty with the Chargers. If that team moves they've got nothing to talk about. Nobody is gonna wanna hear about the Padres losing again.

Going back to hometown chat, I was born and raised in San Diego. In fact, apart from going to college, I've only lived here because of course I would. The first year I gave a poo poo about the Chargers was when I was in high school the year they went to the Super Bowl, so having them leave would be pretty lovely. For me it's the Chargers or no NFL...I'd feel like a fraud trying to represent some other team, especially one that had had any history of success.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Metapod posted:

Well, kinda: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1963_American_Football_League_playoffs

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

1963 AFL Champions

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
what is the most loseriest active franchise, is it the Browns?

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011
At this point if the Chargers move to LA I'm loving done. Spanos has just been chasing the money and doesn't give a single poo poo about SD.

Phoenix is almost as close as Inglewood for me so... Go Cardinals?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Homestar Runner posted:

it's probably the cubs depending on the metric.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Homestar Runner posted:

Browns still have an all time winning record :eng101:

I'd guess the clippers

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Metapod posted:

Browns still have an all time winning record :eng101:

I am shocked and appalled :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Volkerball posted:

it's probably the cubs depending on the metric.

The Phillies have more losses in their history than the Cubs

• Locked thread