Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

LuciferMorningstar posted:

2. Does anyone know if there is some boilerplate code that could be used to add attachments (that do not currently exist for other weapons) for a weapon? Assuming such code allows re-use of existing models.
This one should theoretically be pretty simple, but who knows if it'll break something hard with the UI or whatever (probably yes it will cause your game to explode).

E: I mean if you knew what you were doing with lua it probably wouldn't be too much of an issue I don't think considering what people have done already but I don't soooooo

LuciferMorningstar posted:

3. How would one go about tweaking skills?
All the skill variables are located in upgradestweakdata.lua. For changing what the skills/perks give you those are in skilltreetweakdata.lua.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
The goat heist is actually super-good and I feel way better about spending seven bucks on it after seeing the size of both days. Not something I'd throw on the "MUST BUY" list, but I'm glad that I bought it so I can host for my buddies.

Also the Judas shotgun is cool, and I'm glad that they're learning how to make sidegrades and guns that just feel different, instead of having guns that are either Objectively Better or Dumb Gimmick.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

clockworkjoe posted:

Has anyone done Hazzard County? What's the secret to it?

Haul rear end and bring C4 or a saw. Both are completely viable since you're only gonna be theoretically defending one spot.

Fellis posted:

Heist owns, even Farmer Miserable owns because there's poo poo to do while you are doing it instead of just babysitting some bags.

Day 1 is pretty cool and feels like there's still tons of goofy poo poo to see despite having done it a few times. The building on fire is really fun to do solo also.

hosed up that you can't take out Captain Winters with the Longfellow like a bunch of bowling pins though

Fun fact: It'd take approximately the same time- if not faster- to Farmer Miserable than it is to do Doc Miserable.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Insert name here posted:

This one should theoretically be pretty simple, but who knows if it'll break something hard with the UI or whatever (probably yes it will cause your game to explode).

E: I mean if you knew what you were doing with lua it probably wouldn't be too much of an issue I don't think considering what people have done already but I don't soooooo

All the skill variables are located in upgradestweakdata.lua. For changing what the skills/perks give you those are in skilltreetweakdata.lua.

This is great. Thanks. It even seems surprisingly comprehensible (in most cases, at least).

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
You should be careful cause Psion stared into the abyss and, well,

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I don't know what you're talking about, I'm perfectly no----

[raiders of the lost ark face melting scene]

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Insert name here posted:

You should be careful cause Psion stared into the abyss and, well,

I'm way too lazy to get sucked into the abyss.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

King Vidiot posted:

Iis loud-only now, and I go infamous a lot.

Same

Since x360

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

LowellDND posted:

K, one of my friends likes stealth builds and lots of gadgets. How could this be improved?

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mBda:eDa:tHiJfGCda:gNPMHEFGDa:fECa:::

Try this: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSnolmhiJEgBCDa:eeDa:gROLhIjEgCDa:feCa:pG8:::
Masterghost with pistols, an AR, and gambler.

I warn you this is not a good build, but it might be fun.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Bootcha posted:

Try this: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSnolmhiJEgBCDa:eeDa:gROLhIjEgCDa:feCa:pG8:::
Masterghost with pistols, an AR, and gambler.

I warn you this is not a good build, but it might be fun.

disgusting

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
At least when I tried Farmer Miserable with I think Cheeto you're not penalized for crashing mid heist and the pickup timer seemed to have sped up after each drop. Might just be a temporary unintentional safety net during this early crash prone stage.The pilot hosed up a grand total of two times at the first goat pick up and then just aced every other time so I'm not sure if the difficulty in it lies in potential Fulton bullshit or just remembering to guard for all the cops continuously jumping down from a chopper right over your goat pile.

In theory you can do all of the goat mask achievements in one go as the escape timer only starts after Vlad has all of his goats.

Oh yeah, and here's my empty pun review of this game. Didn't think up "OVERKILL really got my GOAT with all these Microtransactions!" until after this, but anyone's free to use it.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Crabtree posted:

At least when I tried Farmer Miserable with I think Cheeto you're not penalized for crashing mid heist and the pickup timer seemed to have sped up after each drop. Might just be a temporary unintentional safety net during this early crash prone stage.The pilot hosed up a grand total of two times at the first goat pick up and then just aced every other time so I'm not sure if the difficulty in it lies in potential Fulton bullshit or just remembering to guard for all the cops continuously jumping down from a chopper right over your goat pile.

I ran the heist five times last night (including an endurance run), and the pilot didn't miss at all. It was pretty good to see - him missing would make an already long run even longer. Our long run group noticed it seemed to speed up as well - though that might have just been that we were getting more efficient with the process (and Fauxton finally came back).

Day 1 is interesting but the map's kinda too big. People get spread out WAY too easily and if someone goes down they're usually hosed. It also has a problem with sightlines - because the map's so large and there's a lot of open expanses you're often getting shot by cops that are at long distance and its tough to figure out where you're even being shot from. Also the goats loving hurt like crazy.

Day 2 is a great challenge. There's drat near nowhere on the map where you're truly safe - every spot of cover is in line of sight for at least one cop spawn/path. Again, it's tough to figure out sometimes just where you're being shot from, but the map and the situation really encourage you to keep hopping and moving. My biggest problem is the turret placement on that one - it's really dick. Hard to get an angle on to fire back at, set really far back so it's a pain to reach, and it's got a firing line on too many bag/cage spawn points so you really HAVE to take it out. Loved the escape, though.

Overall, pretty good heist.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The cops will sit on the edge of the map they spawn from on day 2 and just shoot at you like those assholes did back in Big Oil Day 2. You really have to bring your A game and probably a sniper rifle to handle the turrets that will be thrown at you, during the goat herding part and during the escape because it really hounds you to bring that tension up. And there is no artificial failure timer, just a mostly silent one gating the goat mask. They really did learn from Car Shop what you should and shouldn't do in a car escape.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Crabtree posted:

The cops will sit on the edge of the map they spawn from on day 2 and just shoot at you like those assholes did back in Big Oil Day 2. You really have to bring your A game and probably a sniper rifle to handle the turrets that will be thrown at you, during the goat herding part and during the escape because it really hounds you to bring that tension up. And there is no artificial failure timer, just a mostly silent one gating the goat mask. They really did learn from Car Shop what you should and shouldn't do in a car escape.

I think my favorite part about the goat heist is that the maps are big enough to really unwind the Longfellow so you can punt cops into orbit.

Also: jump when you throw the goat in the air for the shoot cop catch goat achievement, and alt-fire when you are driving puts the camera on the grille of the car, potentially making driving easier. Sprint will look backwards but since you assholes never close the loving trunk it's pointless.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Tempest_56 posted:

Day 1 is interesting but the map's kinda too big. People get spread out WAY too easily and if someone goes down they're usually hosed. It also has a problem with sightlines - because the map's so large and there's a lot of open expanses you're often getting shot by cops that are at long distance and its tough to figure out where you're even being shot from. Also the goats loving hurt like crazy.

I've only briefly tried this new heist out, but could one guy running a heister pickup service with the Highwayman work? Just drive around the streets running over cops and helping the other heisters in need?

Edit: I almost always close the trunk. Overkill, make the car have 30% chance of dropping a loot bag every 100 meters or every time the car collides with something if the trunk is open.

Laputanmachine fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 15, 2016

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Laputanmachine posted:

I've only briefly tried this new heist out, but could one guy running a heister pickup service with the Highwayman work? Just drive around the streets running over cops and helping the other heisters in need?

Oh, probably. First day of the new map, though, and the heist encourages you to split up at the same time as punishing you for doing that. I like it. It's a big risk-reward - how far can you split up before you're in trouble? Having one person be the dedicated Longfellow driver is probably the best solution, since it means less walking the goats 100+m to the drop-off and more getting rescued if you're in trouble.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Why do people insist on using the stairs in Shadow raid :negative:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Why do people insist on sneaking in online Shadow Raid?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
people play shadow raid?!?!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Elman posted:

Why do people insist on using the stairs in Shadow raid :negative:

Rooftop is usually covered, sometimes the ladder doesn't spawn, it's the quickest way up and down, if you have spycams set up and aren't a scrub you can usually tell if someone is on the stairs or about to be, and why are you stealthing Shadow Raid?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
The trick to Shadow Raid is to get in via roof, kill cams and just clear the poo poo out of the upper floor, then going down to ground floor and never go back up again.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Laputanmachine posted:

The trick to Shadow Raid is 4 people with double upgraded ecms

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The trick to Shadow Raid is picking Meltdown

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
A hotfix is out and comments are complaining that crashes happen on every heist, not just Goat.

Why did Overkill stop mentioning TURNING OFF ALL MODS JESUS CHRIST WHAT FUCKNUTS EVEN USE HOXHUD ANYMORE?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Laputanmachine posted:

The trick to Shadow Raid is to get in via roof, kill cams and just clear the poo poo out of the upper floor, then going down to ground floor and never go back up again.

Yeah this is what I meant. It's so easy to clear the 3rd floor straight away and then just abuse the hell out of the sewers to clear out everything else, there's no reason to ever go through the stairs.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

If you solo deathwish it's like the one time the roof zipline is good for that reason. Empty that floor, ship your bags out, circle the roof and drop down near the back riverfront area. There's a nice little staircase of crates for it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The key to shadow raid if you don't have ECMs is fixing the corpse despawn button in Goonmod so you can just alakazam pagers into oblivion.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

FAUXTON posted:

The key to shadow raid if you don't have ECMs is fixing the corpse despawn button in Goonmod so you can just alakazam pagers into oblivion.

not everyone is such a bad they need to cheat, fauxton

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Fauxton is the new Alpine.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Laputanmachine posted:

Why did Overkill stop mentioning TURNING OFF ALL MODS JESUS CHRIST WHAT FUCKNUTS EVEN USE HOXHUD ANYMORE?

See, Overkill has this thing where they trust the players to do a simple job after each update...

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Bootcha posted:

Fauxton is the new Alpine.

"Alpine, please, even with you cheating, we can't defend all of the power boxes if you run around and get downed. Please, we've re-started the heist like 6 times, just stay near the boxes."

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

FAUXTON posted:

"Check this out."

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Psion posted:

not everyone is such a bad they need to cheat, fauxton

Ran into this the other day:

:yikes:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

FAUXTON posted:

I thought that version of Goonmod didn't work after the crimefest updates?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Laputanmachine posted:

A hotfix is out and comments are complaining that crashes happen on every heist, not just Goat.

Let's just ignore all the crashes that happen even without mods installed.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

This is actually true. Because I somehow started crashing at the title screen.

And here's the error:

Crash Log posted:

Application has crashed: C++ exception
[string "lib/managers/statisticsmanager.lua"]:627: attempt to index a nil value

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

UnknownMercenary posted:

Ok, apologies then. I assumed that Steam commenters were being their usual retard selves.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So is my game bugged or is the texture on the stock really this ugly

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Basticle posted:

So is my game bugged or is the texture on the stock really this ugly

No but your hud is

edit: im not one to talk about bad looking huds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

It's not the prettiest thing, but yours looks a little extra ugly. What's your texture quality set at?