Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
How is having a cat as a character a problem ?

And GW models have been getting bigger for Years- just compare the original terminators (that fit nicely on 25mm bases) with the new ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

The wave of dwarf releases were eagerly anticipated and the iron breakers and slayer character are easily some of the best stuff GW has ever put out

These guys, not so much

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Renfield posted:

How is having a cat as a character a problem ?

It's not. "The character is half snake" isn't actually a problem either. Neither is "it's anime". In general, good shows are good and bad shows are bad, and these qualities are based on plot, character and direction far more than they're based on the way it got animated or whether or not a character has cat ears.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

anti_strunt posted:

Men should not be trained to believe that they have some innate right to sexual access to females without putting in any work to make themselves attractive mates!

They should because it creates the fedora lords, which are funny, and also makes people with a moderate grasp on grooming look much better in the dating pool.

When I was dating, I found out that being funny, able to carry a conversation, and being like a 5/10 put me in the top quartile of single 20-somethings

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

A lot of how people react to things is in how that thing is presented. Presentation, choice of actors, Art style, filming practices, sets, locations, costume design, animation quality and complexity, physical acting, voice acting, subtitles, translation, all of this has an effect and will change the way you receive a story. Small changes can effect what part of the good vs bad spectrum the production falls upon for you. The Wire as an Anime is not The Wire, it may be independently good, but it isn't the same thing.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 16, 2016

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
OK, I was watching Round Vernian Vifam on youtube. But the dude only uploaded the first three episodes. The rest is there, but in a lovely picture in picture thing that some people do to try to fool the Youtube copyright machines. Which is not a fun way to watch anything.

Vifam has never been available in America, nobody owns the rights to release it in America. Even in Japan, the Vifam DVDs are well out of print. Is it OK for me to post a link to a torrent of it? I know it's ok to post links to downloads of dead games in this forum, would Vifam fall under that rule too?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
I can't tell if the AoS style is fascistic worship of masculinity or homoeroticism but something is going on here. Three armies of buff naked dudes, the 'good' ones combining their nudity with a purifying second skin, it's all just a bit weird.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Vitamin P posted:

I can't tell if the AoS style is fascistic worship of masculinity or homoeroticism but something is going on here. Three armies of buff naked dudes, the 'good' ones combining their nudity with a purifying second skin, it's all just a bit weird.

It's both, just like it is with the Marines.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Vitamin P posted:

I think it's probably unintentionally homoerotic, like a lot of Nazi art was

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

Vifam has never been available in America, nobody owns the rights to release it in America. Even in Japan, the Vifam DVDs are well out of print. Is it OK for me to post a link to a torrent of it? I know it's ok to post links to downloads of dead games in this forum, would Vifam fall under that rule too?

You should ask in the anime forums and then post the link in the anime forums and then post the link here.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

No-one has seen the new Heroic Legend of Arslan?

And a bit off-topic, but what is SA's policy for discussing recasts of ranges no longer sold by GW, like Epic? Or stuff they never made, like Epic-scale HH tanks? I would dearly love to get hold of some Gladius tanks to run as Imperial Guard...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

anti_strunt posted:

No-one has seen the new Heroic Legend of Arslan?

I remember some people in the anime chat thread talking about it

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

boom boom boom posted:

I remember some people in the anime chat thread talking about it

Well yeah but you don't need to remind us what's going on in this thread, we're all already reading it

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

boom boom boom posted:

That's BS, don't conflate the two.The Monster Girl fad came up organically. Okayado made those single page comics, put them up on Pixiv, and it grew from there. And there's a lot of good monster girl mangas. T-Rex Girlfriend is great. The Rokurokubi manga is really sweet, Bird Cafe is hilarious.

Boat girls were designed from day 1 to be a corporate money making scheme, and it's produced nothing of value

shut the gently caress up no one cares, they're both disgusting wank fodder

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Milky Moor posted:

shut the gently caress up no one cares, they're both disgusting wank fodder

You're just ignorant, there's a wide variety of Monster Girl mangas

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Lol that's a BYOB thread in the making. Long neck problems:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
such art, such majesty

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I really am seeing the strong artistic merit of Japanese animal sexual fetishism over the crass mass market anthropomorphic underage boat girl sexual fetishm. Truly, those works are bound for the Louve.

Realtalk isn't there a whole loving subforum for anime talk? The Death Thread is Trad games general chat thread and all but good god

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Vitamin P posted:

Stylistic worship of fascism is hardly new to GW's IP.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

THIS JUST IN: Anime is still garbage unless that anime is the English dub of Samurai Pizza Cats

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

or onepunch man, but that's more a loving parody than anything

Bad Moon posted:

Realtalk isn't there a whole loving subforum for anime talk? The Death Thread is Trad games general chat thread and all but good god
I think he got a sigmarine stuck in his butt when people mocked anime at some point and decided to chain troll the thread with this fetish garbage

so posting in the anime threads isn't accomplishing his task of lashing out at those who disrespected him (or whatever reason, but he's just trolling)

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

FrostyPox posted:

THIS JUST IN: Anime is still garbage unless that anime is the English dub of Samurai Pizza Cats

And Ghost Stories.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

FrostyPox posted:

Monster was also pretty legit though I never finished it.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

FrostyPox posted:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Japan: Home of anime, falling birth rates, and Hikikomori. Coincidence?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

so posting in the anime threads isn't accomplishing his task of lashing out at those who disrespected him (or whatever reason, but he's just trolling)

Boom boom boom made the gbs 40k thread and then got mad when people couldn't shut up about skulls and he locked it. Ironically, boom boom boom had a hissy fit about the gbs thread going off topic

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Shut up about anime and help me shop. Which brand of minis case is it that's made by some either a creeper or a Nazi or both?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

grassy gnoll posted:

Shut up about anime and help me shop. Which brand of minis case is it that's made by some either a creeper or a Nazi or both?

Sabol is the goon approved case last time I checked

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Business Gorillas posted:

Boom boom boom made the gbs 40k thread and then got mad when people couldn't shut up about skulls and he locked it. Ironically, boom boom boom had a hissy fit about the gbs thread going off topic

Lol boy is he in the wrong subject of skulls make him angry!

grassy gnoll posted:

I think that's battle foam? Or I'm wrong and mistakenly slandering somebody, but battlefoam is what sticks in my mind about shady poo poo for mini case companies

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

grassy gnoll posted:

Battlefoam. They are the guys that sue everyone in different places about laser cut foam. Like all over the place so that small shops are inconvenienced by traveling all over the states.

The good case is KR Multicase.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Okay, avoid Battlefoam.

While I'm looking, is Feldherr any good? Or are they the cheap-out alternative?

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

FrostyPox posted:

THIS JUST IN: Anime is still garbage

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Weeaboos: Wrong about anime, wrong for this thread.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

grassy gnoll posted:

KR Multicase or Feldherr both seem like great choices. Feldherr's cases are designed to fit (old?) GW foam and vice-versa, which might matter for you. Overall, your choice probably will depend on who has a better selection of foam for the guys you wanna store. Feldherr also has an Amazon store (with a limited selection) so you can get Prime shipping.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

grassy gnoll posted:

Okay, avoid Battlefoam.

While I'm looking, is Feldherr any good? Or are they the cheap-out alternative?

I like Feldherr, though annoyingly they don't do double size cases. The regular card cases are poo poo, the big 4x card cases and the fabric cases are the bomb.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Daedleh posted:

I like Feldherr, though annoyingly they don't do double size cases. The regular card cases are poo poo, the big 4x card cases and the fabric cases are the bomb.

Do you mean these are the good card cases? I was going to pick up some Feldherr stuff (mainly their half-size fabric cases for skirmish games) and was considering transferring my old 40k minis to some card cases that I could just shove into a corner of my closet.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rulebook Heavily posted:

What the gently caress thread am I even in anymore

I'm not sure but I think it reeks of miasma and death.

kingcom posted:

CD IS LEAKING!!!!

STOP IT QUICK

NTRabbit posted:

It's from Battletech I think, but I recall reading about a mercenary company that were loyal for the duration of the contract, plus the next contract, and no further, ie they would not immediately turn around and hire themselves out to your enemy. Meant a safe exit, because the employer never had to get paranoid about them doing a sneak attack from the inside as soon as they were done.

I actually really like this and may have to steal it for future use.

boom boom boom posted:

I bet you'd like Getter Robo Go. It's got a very early JoJo feel, with manly men who are kind of terrible people punching through horrifying monsters.

I agree with this

TheKingofSprings posted:

Gurren Lagann

I think the guy that did G Gundam did a show called Giant Robo that's supposed to be really good

disagree, too many women and children and not enough punching.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Alright, I am getting in touch with a nice young man on eBay regarding my Epic needs. He already has Malcador tanks, so I'll ask if he can hook me up with some more recent FW releases in God's own scale.

But for shizzle, what is the SA policy on recasters? If I find a good source I'd hate to hold out on the thread that's given me so much joy and enlightenment over the last couple of months....

Herr Tog posted:

I agree with this

How does Getter Robo Go compare to Shin Mazinger?

Or "Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact!" or whatever the gently caress the official name of the 2009 series was.

Herr Tog posted:

disagree, too many women and children and not enough punching.

Deeply agree. Robot anime seems far too wed to the old Hollywood catastrophe/invasion movie formula, where you have to establish external familial ties to make the threat a threat against an imagined society as a whole, to properly embrace a Jojo dramatology.

PoontifexMacksimus fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 17, 2016

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

anti_strunt posted:

How does Getter Robo Go compare to Shin Mazinger?

Or "Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact!" or whatever the gently caress the official name of the 2009 series was.

Go Nagai, the creator of Mazinger Z, is the co-creator of Getter Robo. So they're cut from the same cloth. Super robots piloted by hosed up dudes fighting a crazy army of giant monster robots over the fate of the Earth. Specifically, Getter Robo Go has a much larger scope and a much more apocalyptic feel than Shin Mazinger Z Impact!, though. The whole world is fighting the evil monsters, so there's an international team of crazy robots piloted by bad people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom posted:

OK, I was watching Round Vernian Vifam on youtube. But the dude only uploaded the first three episodes. The rest is there, but in a lovely picture in picture thing that some people do to try to fool the Youtube copyright machines. Which is not a fun way to watch anything.

LordAba posted:

You should ask in the anime forums and then post the link in the anime forums and then post the link here.

I eagerly await progress

boom boom boom posted:

You're just ignorant, there's a wide variety of Monster Girl mangas

hahahaha

Bad Moon posted:

Realtalk isn't there a whole loving subforum for animecinema talk? The Death Thread is Trad games general chat thread and all but good god

ftfy

Business Gorillas posted:

I just realized you are unbanned.

• Locked thread