Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

Sorry :(. I'll take a probation for squabbling over humour (which is inherently subjective) as long as everybody else who did the same also gets one.

Good news, I've had a probation in the queue for you since yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

C. E. Croix posted:

The best description I've heard of ska is that its what plays in a fat kid's head when they get good news.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Strange that it hasn't been approved...

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Nanomashoes posted:

Strange that it hasn't been approved...

The admins have been busy, it happens. :)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Quorum posted:

The south is a massive overlapping clusterfuck of definitions, so if you put it on the map it looks like a deep red core in Alabama and Mississippi with Southiness radiating outward in a kind of yokel halo as far as Missouri, Kentucky, and Virginia.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zelder posted:

Chris Christie starts, finishes beef

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

What for, if you don't mind me asking.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

What for, if you don't mind me asking.

The post is tasteless and not even in the context of a joke -- it just reads as vulgarity for vulgarity's sake. I would have checked the context you pulled it from to see if it was funny or ironic when originally posted, but you didn't have a link-back so I had to judge it in a vacuum.

e: the queued probation is only for a day, so don't sweat it too much. :)

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.

Lady Naga posted:

A fat man in a porkpie hat and a silkscreen shirt shows up to snarl "I am the one who knocks" shortly before leaving.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The post is tasteless and not even in the context of a joke -- it just reads as vulgarity for vulgarity's sake. I would have checked the context you pulled it from to see if it was funny or ironic when originally posted, but you didn't have a link-back so I had to judge it in a vacuum.

e: the queued probation is only for a day, so don't sweat it too much. :)
It was posted, in this thread before , and is actually really good

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It was posted, in this thread before , and is actually really good

It was a terrible joke, and not just because it was racist.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

*gets up on apollo theater stage with standup gig* *clears throat* friend of the family oval office. human being weiner anus kyke. tranny wetback bitches. the holocaust was a jewish conspiracy. *crowd laughs uproariously and applauds*

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

nig nog trying to get a hand beezy

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Not even 25 pages and the quotes thread is already consuming itself :confuoot:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Skylark posted:

my wife is awesome, she also agrees apple is supreme over microsoft and google :patriot: 👏👏 and we like watching netflix original series on the couch together. and thats about the extent to which i can connect with a woman

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Help I cut my self on this edgy post.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

ryonguy posted:

Help I cut my self on this edgy post.

the brevity of that one makes it funnier than the long-winded find-and-replace swear word mad libs post

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I thought Skylark was a woman.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

'hand beezy' is loving funny on its own though

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm3TjRxntQk

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

That specific post is a parody of YOSPOS.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

also, lesbians/bisexuals. its 2016, women can legally have wives now.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Enourmo posted:

:v: Yah, why should men be the only ones to suffer :v:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Enourmo posted:

That's hot.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i can marry my dog now!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well this thread has finally given an explanation to why my local church imploded into a molten ball of concentrate hate emanating the wails of the damned, and a great seven-winged beast rose from the ashes.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Another Blue Story post, she'd theorized that her and her husband's genes might blend well, or maybe not, and someone asked for some clarification:

Blue Story posted:

They might die of an allergy, or they might commit suicide.

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

OK come on, OP is clearly messing with us. "My superior genetics have a 50/50 chance of creating a dead-end kid that will self destruct, but a 50/50 chance of making the perfect übermensch!" Is your husband Big Boss?

JigglyPuff
Jun 3, 2002

BioEnchanted posted:

Also whatever's eating the earth seems really rude. If you see a discarded pie cooling on a windowsill do you just walk right up and eat the pie? No! Why do you walk up to a planet that's been cooling for billions of years and think it's OK to just start chowing down? This is our pie! We were saving it for the Sun's funeral, rear end in a top hat! :mad:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

paranoid randroid posted:

iirc palin did fairly well as mayor of wasilla, but then again being the mayor of an alaskan town is such a low impact position that there are cats who have been elected to multiple terms

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Link for context? Or did Lavos finally reach earth?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Click the name gramps.

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009

quote:

Other perils from which the feline mayor has escaped include being shot by teenagers with BB guns, and falling into a restaurant's deep fryer (which was switched off and cool at the time). Recent exploits also included hitching a ride to the outskirts of Talkeetna on a garbage truck.

Seems like a more likely VP candidate for McCain.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

Click the name gramps.

Karate Bastard posted:

Click the name gramps.

I just wanted an excuse to make a Lavos joke. :blush:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The 70's had some interesting outlooks on style.

PCOS Bill posted:

Did you not read the Constitution? You have the right to bear arms.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Obeah posted:

When I was working as a graphic designer for PAWS Inc. (SE Asian Market) in Muncie, Indiana, I got stuck in what I can only describe as a triplex apartment between a group of BSU students and an elderly, mentally handicapped man who would tell us all about how he was the last person in his assistance program to still have a helper monkey. Apparently they've mostly been phased out or something?

Anyway, the kids who lived next to me in the triplex were obsessed with seeing this grandfathered capuchin and seemed to be split 50-50 on believing it even existed. I'd been there six months, the students almost a year, and none of us had seen or heard this thing in person. Kenneth - the old man - would stand on his end of the house and "water the grass", which really just amounted to chain smoking and hosing his corner of the lawn down. Anytime any of us went outside while he was doing this, he'd yell conversation to us. "Esquire (the monkey) turned off the TV during Final Jeopardy last night. I got so mad..." and "I caught Esquire eating out of the trash again. Such a pain in my rear end." It was nonstop during the summer months.

So at the end of August, I was helping Kenneth with some legitimate yard work. He asked me if I wanted to come over for dinner, and even though Esquire did not come up in the invitation at all, he was my first thought. A chance to confirm this creature's existence. I jumped at the opportunity.

So that night, I have the worst meal of my life. Reheated spaghetti eaten out of Tupperware. No conversation. Just the sounds of us eating. Feeling weirdly nauseous and wanting to go home, I asked Kenneth where Esquire was.

"In my bedroom. He was acting up earlier. and I didn't want him bothering you during supper."

I should have accepted this, but I pressed on, saying I was full and just wanted to meet him before going home. At this point, Kenneth stood up, walked to his bedroom, slammed the door shut, and was in there for maybe five minutes or so. I was about to leave when he came out.

"He's about to bedtime out, but you can see him before you leave."

Here's my memory of that encounter, as filtered through my PTSD (semi-serious here - I could get diagnosed for sure):

Sock monkey sitting in a wicker chair next to a bed. Withered Cracker Barrel price tag still hanging off. White areas of the monkey stained with nicotine. A hole cut in between the legs. Kenneth behind me. The sinking feeling as I realize his hard cock (still in pants, though) is pressed against my back. I forget the exact words, but he did ask me to touch Esquire, so I half heartedly petted it and he slapped the back of my head. Whispered to me "F-fingerblast this little turd." That part I remember perfectly. And I did.

I won't dwell on the rest of the encounter. Suffice to say that it was a bad night for me, and finishing out that lease was hell. I don't regret anything but accepting the dinner invitation. Had I not become finger intimate with Esquire, he very well could have stabbed me. He'd been collecting knives since Vietnam. I noticed several pocket knives on a drawer in the bedroom alone. This was a scary dude, and it's hard to blame myself for it. But anyway, I ended up getting let go from my dream job right before the end of the lease, so obviously I didn't stick around for long.

All of this is just a roundabout way of saying that you should really, really be careful around this neighbor of yours. What seems and reads as funny on SA or to your friends can be a life threatening, terrifying experience irl.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ein cooler Typ posted:

i'm not sure what disease I have

whichever one causes me to be a 25 year old virgin

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

At a local Subway my uncle ordered a footlong sub which they prepared, and as they were cutting in half like they do, he asked if they could cut it into quarters instead

"Sorry, I already cut it in half :("

ikanreed posted:

Well they're a sandwich artist, not a sandwich mathematician.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

That last one is a tiny plesiosaur. Big difference. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005