Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Where's your item filter to make the chaos font size 100 with bright yellow text?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

ImsaKidd posted:

Where's your item filter to make the chaos font size 100 with bright yellow text?

Looks like neversinks filter

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I keep saying that one of these days I'll modify a loot filter to stuff that *I* care about. But that never happens because :effort:

No chance items, no superior items except stuff already 20%, different color borders for white ilevel 77/83 stuff, etc.

Maybe for ascendancy.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

What's the deal with not identifying unique two-stone rings? I've seen people freak out about it in chat but there's tons of them on .trade for a handful of chaos. What am I missing?

It's part of the challenges where people are paying multiple exalts for a rare item unidentified when the item itself becomes worth way less after you identify it. It's not nearly as bad as some other items but the Two-Stone Ring in question, Call of the Brotherhood, is worth a bit less than an exalt while the unidentified one is worth 2 exalts for the challenge.

It looks like the prices have settled out at ~1 exalt premium for the harder to get uniques for the challenge, because like 2 weeks ago people were buying Allure unidentified for like 5-8 exalts and now it's down to 1 exalt (the item is completely worthless garbage).

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Rakeris posted:

Looks like neversinks filter

That screenshot is definitely not neversinks- his highlights alchs/chaos/vaals in a yellowish orange.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ImsaKidd posted:

That screenshot is definitely not neversinks- his highlights alchs/chaos/vaals in a yellowish orange.

It's the one from ZiggyD's Survival Guide. I make no comment on its quality, but huge text on fancy currency is nice and it points out chromatic items and some white items that can be chanced to unique. It's in the description of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO_kkea0o8o

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Budgie posted:

I just ripped to puncture. I forgot the Canyon boss could do that since I'd run him like 5 times and Rumi's was clearly blocking it all the previous times. I forgot to get good.

RIP 5link Shav's. I'll miss you http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=605939632

Do people just leave items in their standard stash and never touch them again? Is it bad form to ask to borrow/steal them? Will give a loving home in standard. It's terrible but I just don't have enough free time to deal with starting over in seasons.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Do people just leave items in their standard stash and never touch them again? Is it bad form to ask to borrow/steal them? Will give a loving home in standard. It's terrible but I just don't have enough free time to deal with starting over in seasons.

The whole guild pretty much does not give a poo poo at all about the standard stash, as long as you don't do something dickish like take poo poo just to vendor/sell it.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Count Uvula posted:

The whole guild pretty much does not give a poo poo at all about the standard stash, as long as you don't do something dickish like take poo poo just to vendor/sell it.

I think he was asking about people's individual stashes, like Budgie's screenshot there.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Worst part about the standard stash for anyone who has been playing leagues for a while is that it is an absolute clusterfuck. I've tried cleaning mine out on multiple occasions and it is just a total slog. If there was a way to just give someone else permission to just sift through it and take whatever, I'd let them.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

J posted:

Worst part about the standard stash for anyone who has been playing leagues for a while is that it is an absolute clusterfuck. I've tried cleaning mine out on multiple occasions and it is just a total slog. If there was a way to just give someone else permission to just sift through it and take whatever, I'd let them.

Sounds like my bank in wow, sometimes i just blindly vendor poo poo out of it with my eyes closed.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah it was a mess clearing out my stash when I stopped playing leagues. I had all these sorta okay leveling rares but when I combined all the spillovers, 90%+ were vendor bait.

edit: Especially since when you buy stashes, it turns the remove only stashes into proper ones before it gives you new ones.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

How much life% and es% from the passive tree do you guys like for a hybrid life/es character for SC? I have 154% life and 179% ES with 105 points spent in my planned tree. It IS a Whispering Ice build so it's fairly safe by nature, I could easily drop ES for more Int and damage.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Safari Disco Lion posted:

How much life% and es% from the passive tree do you guys like for a hybrid life/es character for SC? I have 154% life and 179% ES with 105 points spent in my planned tree. It IS a Whispering Ice build so it's fairly safe by nature, I could easily drop ES for more Int and damage.

That seems fine for SC. Why not CI with Ice though?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
If you segregate all your "leveling items/might need this" tabs from your "endgame items/liquid currency/recipe items" tabs, it'll make merging stashes much quicker on league end.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Bugsy posted:

That seems fine for SC. Why not CI with Ice though?

Don't really have the currency/gear for it.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Lungboy posted:

I have a small baby to deal with, I only get to play for 30 mins here and there. I think I'd seen one before but killed it easily. This was on one of the unique towels in Solaris so took a lot more killing. I'm also ground slam so the effect isn't too obvious.

I couldn't heal through them either, it's a very nasty dot.

Bonespire is loving Bullshit. The majority of my deaths this league have been from this AOE DOT abomination. Can't even stop that poo poo with a staunching flask. Don't feel bad.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Bluemillion posted:

Bonespire is loving Bullshit. The majority of my deaths this league have been from this AOE DOT abomination. Can't even stop that poo poo with a staunching flask. Don't feel bad.

It IS a ground effect you can move out of, but then this game is not very well made for "just don't stand in this, but you somehow have to see it through the entire screen of flashy poo poo we're throwing at you and melting your computer with".

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Bluemillion posted:

Yeah I had an almost rip to this the other day and alt+f4 was the only way to save myself once I realised I had been standing in the poop for a while, leech was hiding its effect. Once I killed everything and noticed my rapidly declining energy shield I just closed the game because there was nothing I could do to mitigate it. It's not a terrible effect, but it's also not one that I enjoy encountering.

Nobody's gettting my crap on standard, I make a small shrine to the characters I've enjoyed playing when I can be bothered by dedicating a stash tab to them. What else are stash tabs in Standard for, right? Some of this crap has been sitting since closed beta untouched, some of it is still in the 'Remove Only' tab from the races I won it from. Here's a selection of rips I cared to archive for myself:

I'd say only like 1/4 of my rips are actually represented here because most of them die at cruel dominus because of my own overconfidence wearing the same levelling crap. The rest were probably failed versions of similar builds. I really enjoyed my bladefall character, enough that I could see myself levelling another one but idk how good it will be without 4 auras and 3 curses and the flask effects carrying me.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I'm just a scrublet who has never seen an Exalted Orb.

But one level can make all the difference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLAC0p4xVmc

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Strong box pictures are only worth posting if they contain a mirror. TIA

Ranzear posted:

awesome video

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 23, 2016

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Aaaaand I just noticed Fortify's damage bonus is Physical Damage, so time to swap in Faster Attacks.

And then this happened:

Oyun is such a bro

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 23, 2016

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Ranzear posted:

Jesus, 2400 life in the mid 60s? Scary poo poo.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

regulargonzalez posted:

Jesus, 2400 life in the mid 60s? Scary poo poo.

Warlord's leech is super broken :)

I have eight or nine life nodes on standby (kept finding funner stuff). Surgebinders was an impulse buy and I can use rare gloves instead. Body is temporary as well, until I 5-link my Oro's, but I could stand to craft max life on it for now. The build this is based on went blood magic, but I love my curse abuse.

I only recently learned to dumpster any rare that doesn't have max life on it.

Edit: And then Zana gave me an Untamed Paradise daily for a victory lap :black101:

https://giant.gfycat.com/TheseVictoriousDolphin.webm

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jan 23, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ranzear posted:

this owns :allears:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

So I played a ground slam/heavy strike marauder up to 78 and then stopped playing for a while shortly after act 4 came out. The build I was doing wasn't really that good, so i was looking for something fun, effective, and relatively simple. I don't have a ton of currency or any great uniques other than facebreakers.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ok, what gives here: my basic, no frills bubbling divine flask heals me for about 1250 up front and then fills in another 350 over the next few seconds (lists 1200 healing, half of which is supposed to be up front and the rest over 3 seconds). my 20% seething one (lists 979, all at once) heals about 1270. I have the alchemist suburb and no other flask mods.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

Ok, what gives here: my basic, no frills bubbling divine flask heals me for about 1250 up front and then fills in another 350 over the next few seconds (lists 1200 healing, half of which is supposed to be up front and the rest over 3 seconds). my 20% seething one (lists 979, all at once) heals about 1270. I have the alchemist suburb and no other flask mods.

Make a video cooler than the flicker strike one above, then we can address your concerns.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

So I played a ground slam/heavy strike marauder up to 78 and then stopped playing for a while shortly after act 4 came out. The build I was doing wasn't really that good, so i was looking for something fun, effective, and relatively simple. I don't have a ton of currency or any great uniques other than facebreakers.

Do you care about playstyle at all? Melee, ranged, caster, totems etc etc. I think cyclone still does pretty well. And there's the flame totem builds that are super cheap and easy (personally find them boring as hell since you drop your totems and just run victory laps). Bladefall is also popular(strong) right now. Blast rain, too. You should be able to search any of those any find detailed-ish builds on the forums.

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

StashAugustine posted:

Cyclone/sweep.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

There's tons of builds you can do for very cheap too if you have a couple chaos to get some necessary/almost necessary items with. Deerstalkers (3 fuse for a 4l) for trap builds, Lavianga's (1c) or Relentless Fury (1 fuse) for Reave (and maybe 1-2c for an Abyssus as that's pretty drat important for that build), Voll's Protector (1c for a 4 link) for lots of CoC builds though keep gem colors in mind since Voll's is str/int based and CoC builds tend to use a lot of green gems.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I managed to get 4g1b on my 5link voll's and that poo poo is never getting changed. It is forever my discharge chest.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The friction for getting back into this game is horrendous.

I'll just load up my Duelist and go bash some monsters!

Oh wait, passive reset, and I have no idea what I'm doing anymore :eng99:

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Hit level 63 or so, died to some bad decisions, lost hours of grinded xp.Honestly not sure if i want to continue or make another character. Endgame map grinding really doesnt seem to be my thing.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Kea posted:

Hit level 63 or so, died to some bad decisions, lost hours of grinded xp.Honestly not sure if i want to continue or make another character. Endgame map grinding really doesnt seem to be my thing.

If it is taking you hours to grind XP to level up in the 60's, you will probably have more fun making another character because the first one is not going to be a successful endgame build. My personal plateau is the 70's; that's where I start dying too much to advance at a meaningful pace.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Ranzear posted:

As soon as I heard eurobeat I knew I was in for a ride.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Hell yeah I got my Bino's. I've been watching poe.xyz for days trying to get a good deal. The only bad roll this one has is local crit but I'm a caster anyway so I don't mind.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
Does anyone know a better path to a one prefix rare (eg. Vagan dagger) than:
  • Start from one prefix & one suffix rare
  • Multimod and craft prefixes can't be changed and some cheapo prefix
  • Scour
  • Uncraft the remaining master prefix

That process costs 4ex + change. Add another 2ex + change to craft the final item with multimod.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Bouquet posted:

If it is taking you hours to grind XP to level up in the 60's, you will probably have more fun making another character because the first one is not going to be a successful endgame build. My personal plateau is the 70's; that's where I start dying too much to advance at a meaningful pace.

Might be a case of poor gear, its a tornado arrow build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

Kea posted:

You should join a dried lake xp group, 63 is still in 15-20 mins running around dried lake per level territory. If your build takes hours to grind 10% of an xp bar at 63 it must be extremely bad.

• Locked thread