Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm watching this recorded Santelli video and its absurd. Santelli is freaking out yelling "No one has to die! Calm down FBI! Its time to go! Its over!" Like, what the hell did you think you were doing here? How did you expect this poo poo to end?

If anything shows what full of poo poo cowards these guys are its this video. I mean, I'm glad they're not actual martyrs who would take lives for it but gently caress, man. "We got arrested and the crazy guy who said he'd never be taken alive is dead!" Ummm... did you just arrive here? "There's kids up there!" Yeah, you put them there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

fsif posted:

I hate those goofball chucklefucks and their moronic fake cause as much as anyone, but the police report saying they shot first deserves as much scrutiny as we would extend to a black man shot dead in Harlem. Seems very premature to be so cavalier about an incredibly tragic incident.

There's a certain amount of truth to this but, on the other hand, unlike Tamir Rice or Trayvon Martin, these guys were armed and had publicly stated they would violently resist arrest. There deserves to be a review etc. and I hope the entire arrest was filmed from multiple angles, but for internet purposes we can probably make some safe guesses as to what happened.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Apoplexy posted:

Every single one of these militants deserve to be loving executed, no trial. Just shot point-blank in the loving head after they're captured, surrender or no.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=34358

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

James Woods posted:

I can't help but think that the police wouldn't have handled him quite so gently after making death threats and resisting arrest if he was bla... Ugh gently caress it.

IMO they were very gentle with him because he was 1) initially respectful 2) identified as a vet and 3) obviously disturbed. There's been a major push among law enforcement in Oregon to better handle veterans in crisis. You can tell the officer had had some training as he kept cool and was responding with a very non-committal "i can respect that" or "I can understand that. Oregon has a ton of veterans. And we have a ton of unstable ones who basically hole up out in the middle of nowhere and threaten to shoot anyone who goes onto their property, police or otherwise. How to deal with them and get them services has been a big (albeit relatively quiet) focus of LEOs here over the last 5-10 years.

You're likely right that it would have gone a bit differently if he was non-white, but IMO the main factor in why that went so gently at first was that he self-identified as a veteran and that he started off respectfully.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My god

Waco,oo

haha

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

fsif posted:

I hate those goofball chucklefucks and their moronic fake cause as much as anyone, but the police report saying they shot first deserves as much scrutiny as we would extend to a black man shot dead in Harlem. Seems very premature to be so cavalier about an incredibly tragic incident.

Unironically this

Still want to see more visual/audio expressions of fear and cowardice among those at the ranch and quality meme production at this crucial point in time to defame the faux manhood of all involved

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
These are also not dipshit yokel local cops. The FBI doesn't gently caress around.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Teddybear posted:

Does Oregon have a felony murder rule? I don't think the Feds have one, but depending on Oregon's statutes they may all be guilty of bringing about the guy's death.

Yes, it does, for an enumerated list of felonies. http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/163.115

When it is committed by a person, acting either alone or with one or more persons, who commits or attempts to commit any of the following crimes and in the course of and in furtherance of the crime the person is committing or attempting to commit, or during the immediate flight therefrom, the person, or another participant if there be any, causes the death of a person other than one of the participants:
(A) Arson in the first degree as defined in ORS 164.325 (Arson in the first degree);
(B) Criminal mischief in the first degree by means of an explosive as defined in ORS 164.365 (Criminal mischief in the first degree);
(C) Burglary in the first degree as defined in ORS 164.225 (Burglary in the first degree);
(D) Escape in the first degree as defined in ORS 162.165 (Escape in the first degree);
(E) Kidnapping in the second degree as defined in ORS 163.225 (Kidnapping in the second degree);
(F) Kidnapping in the first degree as defined in ORS 163.235 (Kidnapping in the first degree);
(G) Robbery in the first degree as defined in ORS 164.415 (Robbery in the first degree);
(H) Any felony sexual offense in the first degree defined in this chapter;
(I) Compelling prostitution as defined in ORS 167.017 (Compelling prostitution); or
(J) Assault in the first degree, as defined in ORS 163.185 (Assault in the first degree), and the victim is under 14 years of age, or assault in the second degree, as defined in ORS 163.175 (Assault in the second degree) (1)(a) or (b), and the victim is under 14 years of age; or

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
i will laugh a deep, hearty laugh if all the same shitheads who argued forever about how Mike Brown deserved it will now suddenly turn 180 degrees on their stance concerning police brutality.

Regis Christ
Mar 27, 2010

"Get it? I'm old!"

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPcql4FuCK0&t=3s

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

atomicthumbs posted:

I think they should go to Jail

controversial

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

The live stream chat is blowing up about WHO IS THE SPY WHO SOLD AMMON OUT.

These guys really don't think the Feds have access to the internet, do they?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

It's cute but lets not try to turn this into a question about police ethics when it's literally a domestic terrorist group trying to engage militarily with a domestic peace keeping force. This isn't the same thing.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

UV_Catastrophe posted:

i will laugh a deep, hearty laugh if all the same shitheads who argued forever about how Mike Brown deserved it will now suddenly turn 180 degrees on their stance concerning police brutality.

Come on by the Freep thread and check 'em out!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I want them to have a televised trial, and I want the dildos presented as evidence.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fsif posted:

I'm all for the same level of scrutiny and investigation that I want in all police involved shootings or deaths.

But we have some more context here than we usually do so it helps us see a little more of the likely picture. But still, the investigation should be made.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Apoplexy posted:

Every single one of these militants deserve to be loving executed, no trial. Just shot point-blank in the loving head after they're captured, surrender or no.

Okay Bashar, we'll get right on that. Also, we'll drop those barrel-bombs on that Tea Party rally while we're at it.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm gonna go ahead and take back what I said about Finicum being straight up executed, that's not funny in any way.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
11 kids he happily described as income

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Prester Jane posted:

The FBI is reminding all the militants out there that it can loving end you whenever it drat well feels like it. It's a really good PR move on their part frankly. Let's hope it scares the bajeezus out if everyone at the refugr, because it sounds like the FBI is flat out warning them to amscray before the strike team hits. And it the Fed means loving business this time.

As you said, nothing short of reality slapping them in the face could break their delusions.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

Any use of lethal force will be closely scrutinized, as it should be. However, it seems pretty safe to give the initial benefit of the doubt to law enforcement on this one.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Can someone link me the Santelli stream?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
It's unfortunate that one of these wackjobs had to die to end this. Their family shouldn't have had to suffer because of their idiocy.

That said, good to see authorities do something finally.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jacobin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVWykMKiOjU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Jacobin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVWykMKiOjU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Man, sorta sad to hear that it was Tarp Man that bit the dust. He was probably the least worst person in the the militia. :smith:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So if I'm not mistaken the guy killed was tarp man correct?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Yes, it does, for an enumerated list of felonies. http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/163.115

When it is committed by a person, acting either alone or with one or more persons, who commits or attempts to commit any of the following crimes and in the course of and in furtherance of the crime the person is committing or attempting to commit, or during the immediate flight therefrom, the person, or another participant if there be any, causes the death of a person other than one of the participants:
(A) Arson in the first degree as defined in ORS 164.325 (Arson in the first degree);
(B) Criminal mischief in the first degree by means of an explosive as defined in ORS 164.365 (Criminal mischief in the first degree);
(C) Burglary in the first degree as defined in ORS 164.225 (Burglary in the first degree);
(D) Escape in the first degree as defined in ORS 162.165 (Escape in the first degree);
(E) Kidnapping in the second degree as defined in ORS 163.225 (Kidnapping in the second degree);
(F) Kidnapping in the first degree as defined in ORS 163.235 (Kidnapping in the first degree);
(G) Robbery in the first degree as defined in ORS 164.415 (Robbery in the first degree);
(I) Compelling prostitution as defined in ORS 167.017 (Compelling prostitution); or
(J) Assault in the first degree, as defined in ORS 163.185 (Assault in the first degree), and the victim is under 14 years of age, or assault in the second degree, as defined in ORS 163.175 (Assault in the second degree) (1)(a) or (b), and the victim is under 14 years of age; or

So probably not, considering it was a fellow participant who died-- as far as we know right now.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

MechaFrogzilla posted:

other than one of the participants

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.

Abner Cadaver II posted:

Come on by the Freep thread and check 'em out!

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3389025/posts

KEYWORDS: bundy, ambush

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Lycus posted:

I want them to have a televised trial, and I want the dildos presented as evidence.

Back.. and to the left... back, and to the left...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Now I'm up to the part where Pete is freaking out because "Blaine" is apparently going to go Suicide by Cop or something.

Who the gently caress did Pete think he was living with the last month? Did he listen to ANY of the poo poo said on his youtube account?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
As someone who has family in the BLM the Bundy's and their whisis can burn in hell.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I see Wikipedia has been updated to reflect the tragedy

BaurusJA
Nov 13, 2015

It's cruel...it's playful... I like it

Venom Snake posted:

They have literally gone on the record as saying they would rather die than go to jail so the feds did them a favor imo

VS, I know you're mad about this and I am too, but the loss of life is always sad.

Is this as outrageous as Brown, Garner, Rice, etc? Probably not, but its still sad

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Lycus posted:

Agreed.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

KiteAuraan posted:

Okay Bashar, we'll get right on that. Also, we'll drop those barrel-bombs on that Tea Party rally while we're at it.

insh'allah

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Lycus posted:

If the rubber dong doesn't fit, at least it was hilarious to try.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Gum posted:

other than one of the participants

Correct. It's a more restrictive felony murder rule than what exists in some other jurisdictions. Between that and the short enumerated felony list it shouldn't be applicable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FF2fBRKxtk You know someone should send this to Cliven Bundy.

• Locked thread