Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Abner Cadaver II posted:

Felony child endangerment can net you up to 20 years in Oregon, so so I hope we're looking at some century-plus sentences once this is all over with.

if Blaine kills the kids or attacks the cops and burns the place down with everyone in it. then everyone involved is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Shakenbaker posted:

I mean, yeah, if he was really worried about the kids he should have done something sooner.

Yeah, its so infuriating. All these people crying and wishing they could stop this are the same people who set this all up and asked for it for a month.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

kartikeya posted:

I never thought I'd hope for something like that to happen, like not jokingly, actually hope, but here we are.

Better, of course, would be if he wets himself at the first sight of a federal rifle and surrenders. But gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

Sounds like right now Pete would do it to be honest, but they'd never take him back

Volkerball posted:

are you his psychiatrist? what blaine said is very easy to say.

There's a difference between what he's saying in his situation, and some nerd in a basement somewhere posting on /pol/

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Dickhead on Pete stream calling tarp man one of the greatest men to have ever lived.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

XyrlocShammypants posted:

We're at the phase of the anti-government action where people livestream 6 second sharts

Literally making GBS threads themselves in fear?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

XyrlocShammypants posted:

We're at the phase of the anti-government action where people livestream 6 second sharts

The gummy bears must be working but now I feel even worse for those poor children.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Internet Webguy posted:

The gummy bears must be working.

Ahaahha

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Al! posted:

I hope this thing ends with/like a wet fart :smith:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Al! posted:

This is why you poop before you go out on patrol, amateurs.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jacobin posted:

Am personally happy for them to live in peace separated and moved on from their ill-conceived militia cause. Except now with properly enforced financial ruin from the federal and state level everywhere they go.

Also loss of 2nd amendment rights

I want them to live. I want them to live long lives in prison, forever labeled the cowards and killers and terrorists they are. I want them to know that and for it to eat at them until the day they die. The christian in me hopes that they can somehow make good on that and turn their sins into contrition, but mostly I just want them to have live with what they've done.

LIke, I'm glad Dylan Roof is sitting in a prison cell and I hope that every night he hears the voices of the loved ones of the people he killed saying they forgive him. I hope that eats at him and changes him and I'd like him to escape the death penalty and just have to live with that.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Lotka Volterra posted:

If these assholes are responsible for the deaths of children because they go full Koresh/Jonestown, I hope every one of them has the book thrown at them.

If the remaining militants get kids killed it will be really hard to not wish death on them. Still the right thing to do, still can't just shoot people because they are garbage, but man are these people loving awful.

Aren't some of the kids there foster kids too? So some woman out there got pregnant when she was 19 and in desperate circumstances, gave her kid up in the hope of it having a better life, and some jackoff is using it as a human shield. gently caress the world and gently caress these people.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

There's a difference between what he's saying in his situation, and some nerd in a basement somewhere posting on /pol/

is there a difference between what he said then compared to what the marine said on video when they first showed up at the refuge, which was that he was ready to die there and he'd fight anyone who tried to oppose him? because the marine ended up fleeing and surrendering. give it a day and see where blaine's head is at.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Adoomsdaygap posted:

Thanks for linking this. I tune in just in time to get a massive militia fart. :butt:

Also these guys seem unable to understand why they were even arrested in the first place. Its unreal.

They all, to a T, believe that their hosed up interpretation of the Constitution, Common Law, Uniform Commercial Code and whatever other legal mumbo jumbo they use to justify their actions are correct, and every single time any of them get called on it, they are dumbfounded that their current Legal Word Salad Magic Spell didn't work, and it just makes them double down harder next time.

We went hardcore into SovCit stuff when I was in the academy and in some of the terrorism seminars I went to before I left the glorious life of law enforcement 10 years ago. A lot of it got put to the wayside for islamic terrorism after 9/11, but we got a pretty good education on how to recognize them and common tactics.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

they are endangering archaeological sites, stealing from locals, and threatening to kill anyone who stops them but lets not get to hasty with the terrorism label!!

Are they beheading people, lighting them on fire, and throwing gays to their deaths from rooftops? How many people have they killed? Let's chill with the hyperbole friend.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Torpor posted:

I hope this thing ends with/like a wet fart :smith:

Here we sit
Broken hearted.
Tried to rebel
But only farted

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Volkerball posted:

is there a difference between what he said then compared to what the marine said on video when they first showed up at the refuge, which was that he was ready to die there and he'd fight anyone who tried to oppose him? because the marine ended up fleeing and surrendering. give it a day and see where blaine's head is at.

We don't know what he said. We just know it freaked Santelli the hell out.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Al! posted:

Sugarfree gummie bears in action!

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Kazak_Hstan posted:

If the remaining militants get kids killed it will be really hard to not wish death on them. Still the right thing to do, still can't just shoot people because they are garbage, but man are these people loving awful.

Aren't some of the kids there foster kids too? So some woman out there got pregnant when she was 19 and in desperate circumstances, gave her kid up in the hope of it having a better life, and some jackoff is using it as a human shield. gently caress the world and gently caress these people.

On the bright side, at the very least the kids in foster care will be taken away and given new homes after this. Assuming Blaine "Jesse Ventura" Cooper doesn't get all of them killed.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Wow that all happened pretty fast.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

cravius posted:

Are they beheading people, lighting them on fire, and throwing gays to their deaths from rooftops? How many people have they killed? Let's chill with the hyperbole friend.

Several of these people are white supremacists and have length criminal records up to and including murder. They also tried to kill federal agents when they were getting arrested. I mean yeah they aren't LITERALLY ISIS but it's funny to call them that.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
I am really not a fan of felony murder, but it would seem like this is the type of situation where it ought to apply, if it applies to anything. I mean an armed occupation of land followed by a shoot out with police? Come on.

Also RIP their future public defenders.

Edit: I'm referring to the Oregon statute indicating this situation doesn't apply.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
This is without a doubt the dumbest and weirdest thing I've ever seen. Can't remember which stream I've got running (one posted earlier). I honestly can't understand what these idiots think they're doing. And I don't mean "We hate the man and he's coming at us!" dumb, I mean "Err, you're all loving retards" dumb.

I'm turning it off once they try anything, because I'm not a psychopath and don't want to see someone get shot live on youtube. But bloody hell the conversations are.. inane.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Volkerball posted:

Well so far at least one person has made good on their promises to commit suicide by cop, but I'm sure he was the only one and we can bet the lives of a bunch of kids on that

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Can anyone confirm if I've got this right? The leaders of the movement, as far as I understand it, were mainly 12 individuals:

Ammon Bundy, Ryan Bundy, Brian Cavalier, LaVoi Finicum (RIP Tarpman), Blaine Cooper, David Fry, "Captain Moroni" Ryan Payne, Joe O'Shaugnessy, Jon Ritzheimer, Maureen Peltier, Pete Santilli, and Joe Stetson. Stetson was already arrested a few days ago. Tonight, the feds nabbed both Bundys, Cavalier, Finicum, Payne, O'Shaugnessy, Ritzheimer, Santilli, and Stetson. That means that in less than an hour federal agents apprehended something like 60% of the remaining leadership?

And, has anyone heard anything from Peltier, Fry, or Moroni? Could they, as well, have been taken into custody?

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Considering this is an actively unfolding event with lives still on the line, are there any media sources on the ground aside from Pete's defunct stream?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Hexyflexy posted:

This is without a doubt the dumbest and weirdest thing I've ever seen. Can't remember which stream I've got running (one posted earlier). I honestly can't understand what these idiots think they're doing. And I don't mean "We hate the man and he's coming at us!" dumb, I mean "Err, you're all loving retards" dumb.

I'm turning it off once they try anything, because I'm not a psychopath and don't want to see someone get shot live on youtube. But bloody hell the conversations are.. inane.

These are guys who think they can do whatever they want if they quote the right part of the constitution. What did you expect, a MENSA meeting?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

Well so far at least one person has made good on their promises to commit suicide by cop, but I'm sure he was the only one and we can bet the lives of a bunch of kids on that

i'm not the one advocating we have to bet the lives of children on his point of view. you're the one saying he's not open to a diplomatic solution, which only leaves a raid or something like that on the table. just chill the gently caress out for a minute.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Considering this is an actively unfolding event with lives still on the line, are there any media sources on the ground aside from Pete's defunct stream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXbuP19AWDM

Careful, this is high test stuff.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

STAC Goat posted:

I want them to live. I want them to live long lives in prison, forever labeled the cowards and killers and terrorists they are. I want them to know that and for it to eat at them until the day they die. The christian in me hopes that they can somehow make good on that and turn their sins into contrition, but mostly I just want them to have live with what they've done.

LIke, I'm glad Dylan Roof is sitting in a prison cell and I hope that every night he hears the voices of the loved ones of the people he killed saying they forgive him. I hope that eats at him and changes him and I'd like him to escape the death penalty and just have to live with that.

If and when a massacre happens, I want whichever one of thes bastards sane enough to realize the weight of their actions to know that it is all on their heads. Dying like the heroes in their fantasies seems too light.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Les Zaitz is reporting on it for the Oregonian.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

CommanderApaul posted:

They all, to a T, believe that their hosed up interpretation of the Constitution, Common Law, Uniform Commercial Code and whatever other legal mumbo jumbo they use to justify their actions are correct, and every single time any of them get called on it, they are dumbfounded that their current Legal Word Salad Magic Spell didn't work, and it just makes them double down harder next time.

We went hardcore into SovCit stuff when I was in the academy and in some of the terrorism seminars I went to before I left the glorious life of law enforcement 10 years ago. A lot of it got put to the wayside for islamic terrorism after 9/11, but we got a pretty good education on how to recognize them and common tactics.

This. Their entire worldview is coming apart and they can't rationalize it fast enough. The heart of SovCit beliefs are that their magic words render the Federal Government powerless over them...and oh look, they're getting arrested.

Also lol this guy on the feed. DON'T BE DISRESPECTFUL YOU GET BLOCKED

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Internet Webguy posted:

These are guys who think they can do whatever they want if they quote the right part of the constitution. What did you expect, a MENSA meeting?

It's like listening to a case study on exactly how badly human brains can go wrong. It's fascinating. And horrible.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

"You're disgusting to America, and you're disgusting to yourself."

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/LesZaitz/status/692197419438727169

So Ammon was planning to go to loving Canada?

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Is this some kind of sovcit c-span?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Abner Cadaver II posted:

Les Zaitz is reporting on it for the Oregonian.

He updated his article to say that Tarp Man died so it's official.

RIP Tarp Man.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Ontario, Oregon! Bustling metropolis of 11,366.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Geostomp posted:

If and when a massacre happens, I want whichever one of thes bastards sane enough to realize the weight of their actions to know that it is all on their heads. Dying like the heroes in their fantasies seems too light.

Sounds like that's going to end up being Pete at this point

Volkerball posted:

i'm not the one advocating we have to bet the lives of children on his point of view. you're the one saying he's not open to a diplomatic solution, which only leaves a raid or something like that on the table. just chill the gently caress out for a minute.

I hope you're right and he's open to diplomacy, but nothing in his history, demeanor, or reaction to the shooting/arrest that assure me of this. Maybe he's keeping the kids as negotiation fodder? That's a good idea, problem is:

1) that's foresight they haven't shown so far
2) already said he's willing to die for whatever this is
3) what would they demand that they aren't being offered or haven't already been refused when they had more leverage?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Per the press release these were probable cause arrests. That surprises me. I would have figured they were sitting on indictments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ozmunkeh posted:

Is this some kind of sovcit c-span?

All I know is its full on crazy, jet fuel cant melt steel beams crazy.

• Locked thread