Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I misremembered Earth, Wind and Fire as Fire, Wind, and Water I deliberately left that slot blank.

This wouldn't have happened if you actually listened to Earth, Wind, and Fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
NEVER WAS A CLOUDY DAYYYYYYYYY

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Except during Part 6 with Weather Report being all cool and poo poo.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Waffleman_ posted:

I remember almost nothing about Vento Aureo, actually.

I actually felt the exact same way until I started re-reading it for the new translation. But now, everything about Part 5 is great. Maybe people underestimate how much the current bad translation butchers things, but Part 5 is actually full of cool, badass, and memorable moments. Giorno gets the worst of it, since he's supposed to be this guy who can give a dramatic speech and kick rear end at the same time, but the western community seems to remember him mostly as the guy who magically knows the solution to everything, or the guy who takes a backseat to every other member of the Gang Stars.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Daxing Dan posted:

I actually felt the exact same way until I started re-reading it for the new translation. But now, everything about Part 5 is great. Maybe people underestimate how much the current bad translation butchers things, but Part 5 is actually full of cool, badass, and memorable moments. Giorno gets the worst of it, since he's supposed to be this guy who can give a dramatic speech and kick rear end at the same time, but the western community seems to remember him mostly as the guy who magically knows the solution to everything, or the guy who takes a backseat to every other member of the Gang Stars.

I mean, so far, as the story progressed, Giorno noticing tiny little details and being able to deduce what was going on, or at least come to a logical conclusion, felt like it was supposed to be a source of group tension at first? Like in Soft Machine, when Abbacchio's incredulous about Giorno trying to figure things out and Buccellati's being like "shut the gently caress up and let him talk" probably made suspicion worse. Like, why is Buccellati so invested and trusting of this new guy, right? The turning point for Abbaccio is the Illuso fight, where Giorno slaps together a vaccine based on a guess, then from Grateful Dead onward people start seeing him as this canary in the coal mine because he notices things first, he never really "shuts off" (he wakes up from a nap and less than a minute later he's noticing things that are off at the beginning of Grateful Dead), and it doesn't hurt that he's incredibly well read. Giorno looks mildly uncomfortable and Fugo's immediately like "WHAT'S WRONG GIORNO, WHAT DO YOUR ELF EYES SEE" and I feel like this is supposed to be the buildup for everyone gaining trust in him as the leader. And it isn't as if other Joestars haven't done that kind of thinking and problem solving before (Joseph and Jotaro are pretty good examples) so I really don't get where the "he magically knows everything" complaint comes from because sssoooo did other Joestars? The building block of the entire series is using your intelligence and improvisation to defeat your enemies? I don't see any real difference except that Giorno might be more well read/academic about it, but Joseph was referencing The Art of War and poo poo, so :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Having taken inspiration from Independence Day for Funny Valentine's premise as "fighting President", I'm somewhat sad no one says "Welcome ta earf" in SBR :(

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Naerasa posted:

I missed Khnum on that quiz because I couldn't spell it and refused to look it up.

Okay, well I did look it up, but the timer ticked down before I could put it in.

All I could remember of Blackmoore's stand was "Something the Rainbow" so I wasted about a minute typing in various words until it finally took Catch the Rainbow.

I ended up looking up Oyecomova's though because all I remembered was that it's a Japanese song and gently caress remembering that.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Oyecomova's stand is never named in the comic proper.

Neither is the green baby's stand in Part 6.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I knew Oyecomova's but I had to look up how to spell it so I gave it to myself. The Green Baby's Stand stood in my head cause Green, Green Grass of Home is a good name.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i just started part 5 and just by the look of giorno i have high hopes for vento aureo to surpass battle tendency in gay

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

alcharagia posted:

i just started part 5 and just by the look of giorno i have high hopes for vento aureo to surpass battle tendency in gay

Buddy it's going to get so gay I can't even TELL you

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is to go a level beyond gay

This is Super Gayan

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

alcharagia posted:

it's also gonna be brutal

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I'm trying to find a collection of images comparing JJBA's outfits and poses to fashion models. I've found a few individual pictures, but no collections. Should I be looking on Tumblr or Imgur or what?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the only easy place to find them is a 404 page now

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Aww. Is Jojo's Posing School still around at least?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
frogs? polnareff must be nearby

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

alcharagia posted:

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
This post should be in the OP tbh

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683299&pagenumber=3&perpage=40#post438161352

HitTheTargets posted:

I'm trying to find a collection of images comparing JJBA's outfits and poses to fashion models. I've found a few individual pictures, but no collections. Should I be looking on Tumblr or Imgur or what?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Thanks death bot, I was just looking for that to post :v:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Yeah, that'll do it.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

loving Iconic

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
mista is cool

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
my favorite part about bruno doing that is that he comes in through the window on the side out of fuckin nowhere hahaha, like giorno's just sitting there and bruno's like *unzip* HELLO!

Yo, imma blob
Apr 29, 2007

have you any wool

This is like my favorite post. FirstAidKite, do you have it hosted elsewhere, like a blog page? If not/you don't have the inclination, do you mind if I set up a tumblr page or something as a place to quickly reference it?

Also your posts. They are my favorite. :allears:

I wanna buy this emoticon. :iggy: is simple and easy to remember but not very clever. Anybody got a better idea?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i want to protect narancia's smile

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yo, imma blob posted:

This is like my favorite post. FirstAidKite, do you have it hosted elsewhere, like a blog page? If not/you don't have the inclination, do you mind if I set up a tumblr page or something as a place to quickly reference it?

I took all that from some other page that was citing those images as examples of araki plagiarizing, but I guess that site doesnt exist anymore since I can't find it so if you wanna rehost the images somewhere then that's fine. IIRC there are a lot more than just those, but those are the ones that I found on that site.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yo, imma blob posted:

Also your posts. They are my favorite. :allears:

I wanna buy this emoticon. :iggy: is simple and easy to remember but not very clever. Anybody got a better idea?

I still need to get around to making an :ohmygod:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
kakyoin is tossing and turning in his grave at man in the mirror

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcHA1YWX_8U

This video was funnier in 2012.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

alcharagia posted:

kakyoin is tossing and turning in his grave at man in the mirror

The second you said you started Vento, my thought was 'wait til he gets to the part where kak was wrong.'

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
giorno doesn't feel like the protagonist

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

The second you said you started Vento, my thought was 'wait til he gets to the part where kak was wrong.'

What was this again? I should just reread VA

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Adlai Stevenson posted:

What was this again? I should just reread VA

watch that YouTube link above

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

alcharagia posted:

hopefully the better translation fixes that

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

alcharagia posted:

He'll do cooler stuff later on but yeah, he's often outshone by Bruno.

I go on and on about it in this thread and I'm sorry not sorry but there's a Bruno fight in Vento that's just so fantastic that anything else in Vento pales in comparison for me. Given how quickly you read you'll be there soon enough.

Does alcharagia already know about our surprise guest good guy in a wheelchair? I don't remember

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He doesn't so let him get disappointed

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

setafd posted:

watch that YouTube link above

I was at my work desk before so I skipped it.

It's funny, I enjoyed it

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Does alcharagia already know about our surprise guest good guy in a wheelchair? I don't remember

Johnny doesn't show up til part 7 learn 2 jojo u dum noob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Johnny doesn't show up til part 7 learn 2 jojo u dum noob

fuckin,
how dare you