Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Sound posted:

Goddamn I want to see the video of these retards being sat down and having it explained to them in the most brutal fashion that they are, in fact, totally hosed. Just that look of realizing how wrong their fantasies were, that has to be some raw, real emotion.

Oh the moment that they realized that there was not going to be an uprising to come save them and that the evil federal government owns the rest of their mortal existence is probably recorded for posterity and will be dutifully filed away with the rest of the video of their interrogations.

If I were the pridecutor, I would pull that video out every few years, whenever I was at a low point in my life. Because I imagine that moment can brighten even the darkest of days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

akadajet posted:

So how short was their original "150 militia men" claim?

These were bumpkins in store bought camo gear that wanted free land and free use of everyone elses land.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

It is my constitutional right to make fun of any dumbass's face here on the something awful dot com forums.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Telsa Cola posted:

Yo the dude literally got smashed by a car as a child and was left with permanent damage that he has had to deal with his entire life. He is an rear end in a top hat and an idiot for a whole ton of reasons but don't loving make fun of him for being the victim of an accident when he was a child.

I completely agree, but the picture is hilarious and welp here we are

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A sterling rebuttal, but have you perhaps considered the following: Yes.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Making fun of them for being fat is still cool though right c/d

e: but what if they started eating too many snacks as a toddler, does that change it?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Pablo Picasso's forgotten "Saturday Evening Post" period

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Not making fun of his face, but when they are constructing statues of these fine patriotic men 100 years from now, will some think it's a homage to the Goonies too?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Arraignment's have to happen fast under the 4'th.

Well I mean they should if the prosecution has their poo poo together which the FBI almost always does.

When an officer makes a PC arrest they have to haul the arrestee before a federal magistrate "without unreasonable delay" which usually means the next business day. A government lawyer signs off on the complaint and the judge reviews the supplied affidavits to determine whether probable cause exists to hold them. This is to prevent police from holding people indefinitely.

A Winner is Jew posted:

That's actually really light.

IIRC the FIFA indictment was over 150 pages.

I'll bet cash money that these guys will be dealing with superseding indictments within the next two weeks.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I bet seeing one of his accomplices get blown away cooled Ammon's heels a little.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

theflyingorc posted:

I completely agree, but the picture is hilarious and welp here we are

I'm not gonna lie. I giggled at the picture and I don't feel bad about it at all. If not for the remarkable competence of the FBI that chucklefuck would have gotten a whole bunch of people killed. 1 of his friends is already dead because of his asinine crusade and there are probably going to be more casualties depending on what happens at the refuge.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
I stand by my "the hills have bundies" joke.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

McDowell posted:

I bet seeing one of his accomplices get blown away cooled Ammon's heels a little.

He's going to be cooling his heels for a very, very long time

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

With any luck this is over soon.

https://twitter.com/gordonrfriedman/status/692515180278841346

Also sounds like some of the holdouts are surrendering.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

That's OK, his hazard suit should be able to deal with any extremes in temperature.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Do they not still have power? Not sure why cold would stop them tonight when it hasn't been much of a factor yet.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Telsa Cola posted:

Yo the dude literally got smashed by a car as a child and was left with permanent damage that he has had to deal with his entire life. He is an rear end in a top hat and an idiot for a whole ton of reasons but don't loving make fun of him for being the victim of an accident when he was a child.

This was pretty funny to read next to your new avatar.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Weird question, was the tarp guy armed at the time he was killed?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Do they not still have power? Not sure why cold would stop them tonight when it hasn't been much of a factor yet.

They have all also been awake for probably going on 36 hours strait, and the past 24 of those hours have been a steady adrenaline high. In that situation the cold will be fairly brutal. These out of shape chubby bunnies aren't physically healthy enough to handle that for long.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Al! posted:

That's OK, his hazard suit should be able to deal with any extremes in temperature.

I actually meant to link this one

https://twitter.com/gordonrfriedman/status/692514221628719105

But this guy, BJ Soper showed up to drive away Jason Patrick, one of the main guys left. He then left the roadblock without Jason Patrick, so...

or...something is happening

https://twitter.com/gordonrfriedman/status/692517384985313280

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Weird question, was the tarp guy armed at the time he was killed?

I don't think we know yet.

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone
From the coverage on KGW @ 5 sounds like they are just going to wait them out for the time being. They've been bringing in jersey barriers and lighting.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Archonex posted:

The amount of howling from both sides of the aisle about using armed drones on American citizens would be insane to hear. Never mind that the sort of automated weapons people think of when it comes to drones aren't exactly really precise.

And really, assuming the police haven't started doing that it kind of sets a bad precedent to start now. Or ever, really. Remote operated automated weapon systems take a lot of the burdens of responsibility off of the person using them.

This already happened years ago. Nobody cared.

Archonex posted:

Oh, yeah, I got that. Edited my post but i'll switch it back and post here to clarify that it'd almost surely end up cycling back into the whole "is it right to use drones on american civilians" debate. Since it's still an automated weapon system and people are dumb.

Plus, unless i'm mistaken those sort of weapon systems aren't used by police forces for offensive actions. Outside of a few rare exceptions i'm almost certain that only the military uses that sort of gear.

Giving these chucklefucks any sort of legitimacy at this point is really not a good idea. So i'd hope they'd hold off on that and just carpet bomb the place with flashbangs and tear gas until they give up rather than rely on good old fashioned automated death dispensing machines.

No sane person will give them any legitimacy no matter what happens. They are also already legitimate in the minds of their crazy supporters.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
They are going to say they are waiting them out right up until the moment they drive a tank through the wall.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

RichardA posted:

I don't think we know yet.

Its been reported that he was

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

:3: The tiredest Yeehawdi

e: Just to be clear, this photo was used in the criminal complaint because the FBI have a sense of humor too.

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 28, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Kazak_Hstan posted:

They are going to say they are waiting them out right up until the moment they drive a tank through the wall.
The FBI won't do that, the buildings are on the historical register :v:

e: the militiamen's cars on the other hand...

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stultus Maximus posted:

I slept with a security blanket as a kid too, but mine was at least soft and warm.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Stultus Maximus posted:

Now blast him awake with the most obnoxious music ever.:twisted:

Kazak_Hstan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT0Fe7Ns65k

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

SubponticatePoster posted:

The FBI won't do that, the buildings are on the historical register :v:

e: the militiamen's cars on the other hand...

Cool more charges to drop on them when they get arrested.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

blablablabla posted:

Its been reported that he was

It's also been reported that he wasn't. I'd wait for more info

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

SlipUp posted:

This already happened years ago. Nobody cared.

No sane person will give them any legitimacy no matter what happens. They are also already legitimate in the minds of their crazy supporters.

I distinctly remember there being a lot of debate about drones and automated systems like that in general. Hell, a few tech magazines were doing full featured segments on it. Unless by "Nobody cared." you really mean "Nobody cares now that they realize there's not a drat thing they can do to stop it.".

And it's not the sane people you have to worry about. It's the assholes that know how to spin a story to sell to the sane people. Sure, we have eyes on a lot of the details and know how stupid these people are due to being able to watch the streams and the event obsessively. But if Fox News starts reporting on the "tragedy that took place at the refuge" or some such poo poo we'll be on another low information spiral towards creating a whole new narrative as to what happened.

I mean it's not like that poo poo hasn't happened plenty of times before with things that are far less notable. There's a reason why plenty of posters were pointing out how boneheaded it'd be to go in guns blazing while the leadership was there.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

MechaFrogzilla posted:

This was pretty funny to read next to your new avatar.

This is the first time I have ever had an avatar besides the noobie one. I feel proud.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Stultus Maximus posted:

e: Just to be clear, this photo was used in the criminal complaint because the FBI have a sense of humor too.

They wanted to remind him what it looked like to sleep in a comfortable chair, because that is never ever happening again.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Telsa Cola posted:

This is the first time I have ever had an avatar besides the noobie one. I feel proud.

*teacher points to avatar* this is your face on tesla cola

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Yo gently caress that guy and his stupid loving face lmao

Buy an account for the guy who clearly realized what a gently caress stain the guy was as a kid and tried to run his rear end over, the true patriot imo

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Like lol these motherfuckers would harm everyone on this forum if they could have their way but hold up that fool can't help that he was too dumb to not get hit by a car so let's hold off on judgement

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

roymorrison posted:

Buy an account for the guy who clearly realized what a gently caress stain the guy was as a kid and tried to run his rear end over, the true patriot imo

I wonder if he's been watching this like "is that the kid whose face I did a burnout on"

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

roymorrison posted:

cliven bundy: god drat i just wanted to dodge some grazing fees, my kids are retards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

UIApplication posted:

I wonder if he's been watching this like "is that the kid whose face I did a burnout on"

Well a pretty face isn't going to help him where he is going

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread