Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Lieutenant Cocker must have a giant ... well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Lieutenant Cocker must have a giant ... well...

Service caliber.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

1st AD posted:

Holy poo poo I was not expecting that! :laffo:

When you watch these assholes they just make their situation so much worse and then blame the cops for being cruel to them. It certainly wasn't any of them being assholes

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

:captainpop:

Lieutenant Cocker stopped fuckin around real fast.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

That first officer for President.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's the look of a man who has dealt with sovereign citizens before

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I feel so bad for this dude.

He started off jovial. Crackin' a joke.

Then the joke turned real. He really is gettin' too old for Nose Ring's poo poo.

e: wow that image was bigger than I thought.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Then the joke turned real. He really is gettin' too old for Nose Ring's poo poo.

Yeah that was the one that was silliest to me. Unless he's got a truck full of illegals he just talked himself out of a quick inspection and couple jokes with the officer and into getting beat the hell up on the side of the road. It's a nice day right? Step out and while people are rummaging around looking for whatever get some stories out of him. The sovcit looks so in over his head the whole time too it's glorious, like a border agent is going to be totally ignorant of inspection law

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah that was the one that was silliest to me. Unless he's got a truck full of illegals he just talked himself out of a quick inspection and couple jokes with the officer and into getting beat the hell up on the side of the road. It's a nice day right? Step out and while people are rummaging around looking for whatever get some stories out of him. The sovcit looks so in over his head the whole time too it's glorious, like a border agent is going to be totally ignorant of inspection law

And he TOTALLY lost his job over that, too.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

If they go to court and then claim they don't recognize the court because of that gold fringe thing, I think a fair case will be made for an insanity plea.

These people just don't live in the same reality that the rest of America does.

They do, they're just convinced if they LARP hard enough that they'll be able to collapse society.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
I think the takeaway from this is that there's a ton of stupid shithead spergs out there with ONE COOL TRICK to own police and there's a really small percentage of them that are gun-toting milsurp retards.

Which admittedly sucks for the rest of American society.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009
The court should just go borrow some non-fringed flags, just to gently caress with these clowns.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

:smith: "I'm gonna have to smash this window"

:smug: "this isn't even my truck."

I feel bad for the kid in that marijuana car but seriously lol

"You are under arrest!"

"I do not consent!"

"He doesn't consent!"

"Call the police!"

"We are the police!"

yeah okay.

And then looking at the comments, all the sovcits are coming out to defend their fellow idiots.Visual evidence of law enforcement reaction to their magic legal spells still doesn't deter them.I don't even :psyduck:

SlipUp fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jan 28, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

SlipUp posted:

"You are under arrest!"

"I do not consent!"

"He doesn't consent!"

"Call the police!"

"We are the police!"

I felt a little bad for him right up until the kid crying. Like man, you're gonna (Apparently) light up and then do this bullshit all with your child in the car?

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Yardbomb posted:

I felt a little bad for him right up until the kid crying. Like man, you're gonna (Apparently) light up and then do this bullshit all with your child in the car?

I did notice that mom only gave a poo poo about the kid after dad got arrested, so the rest of the family probably has some semblance of a chance.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7KRZQXdDac

Wow, so many excuses. You could've left hours ago, but didn't. You made the choice. Face the music.

"Drop the charges and nobody dies." :|

e: for clarification, this is the latest Defend Your Base video, in which ... all the excuses are made.

So the other guy who left earlier did not get charged with anything. We've defied at least 2 deadlines to leave, but now they won't they let us leave without charges? :iiam:

They are set on having their cake and eating it too. We want to break the law just like the other guys, but we want to get away with it.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7KRZQXdDac

Wow, so many excuses. You could've left hours ago, but didn't. You made the choice. Face the music.

"Drop the charges and nobody dies." :|

e: for clarification, this is the latest Defend Your Base video, in which ... all the excuses are made.

That guy has been posting videos for 36 hours straight. Assuming he wasn't going full nocturnal, he probably hasn't slept in two days. I'm amazed he's still posting, but from the slurring in that video, probably not for long.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

That guy has been posting videos for 36 hours straight. Assuming he wasn't going full nocturnal, he probably hasn't slept in two days. I'm amazed he's still posting, but from the slurring in that video, probably not for long.

It seemed like only a couple of them were awake, so they're probably sleeping in shifts.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALPs_n0WQaY

If you're still here and not sure what a Sovereign Citizen is, this video does a good job.

EDIT: This video needs more of a set up. It's a training guide for dealing with the SovCit movement, produced by Florida. It contains actual scenes of people being gunned down.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jan 28, 2016

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Jonas Albrecht posted:

If you're still here and not sure what a Sovereign Citizen is, this video does a good job.

EDIT: This video needs more of a set up. It's a training guide for dealing with the SovCit movement, produced by Florida. It contains actual scenes of people being gunned down.

okay I already knew about sov citizens but when they got to the part about "strawmen" I just went :stare:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

okay I already knew about sov citizens but when they got to the part about "strawmen" I just went :stare:

Oh yeah, that "Fictional You" poo poo is weird.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
It's amazing how many people get suckered into SovCit stuff. What really blows my mind is imagining how much money people make hucking this horseshit to dumb assholes who feel like they've found the silver bullet against their crappy lives. I want to believe that some of the people shilling SovCit stuff don't really believe it and are just cashing in on it but that might just be a defense mechanism. :(

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Just got to the strawman bit too, and ...

I really hate to post the same words in multiple threads because it makes me look like an idiot, but ...

I...

What?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It's what SovCits actually believe.

Ugh okay. So the story goes that in this world you exist as a legal entity. If you do enough voodoo, you can basically split yourself away from your legal entity, becoming a "free man". You can then forward all your fees and charges onto the legal entity, but you yourself would be debt free.
There is also some dumb bullshit about everyone having a secret back account which only sovcits can access. This account has nigh-infinite wealth, yet the sovcit gurus only encourage its use to pay off poo poo like alimony. Wonder why.

why do I know this

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

The way that cop acted through the whole thing you could just read his frustration. "gently caress! Here we go again. Goddamn why can't i just shoot him? An investigation and a desk job for a few years would be worth it."

SlipUp posted:

:smith: "I'm gonna have to smash this window"

:smug: "this isn't even my truck."

"You are under arrest!"

"I do not consent!"

"He doesn't consent!"

"Call the police!"

"We are the police!"

yeah okay.

And then looking at the comments, all the sovcits are coming out to defend their fellow idiots.Visual evidence of law enforcement reaction to their magic legal spells still doesn't deter them.I don't even :psyduck:

HELP!
HELP!
HELP!
HELP!
I DO NOT CONSENT!
I DO NOT CONSENT!
I DO NOT CONSENT!
I DO NOT CONSENT!
I DO NOT CONSENT!
HELP ME!
HELP ME!
HELP ME!
HELP ME!
HELP ME!

sounded like the old liberal hippie stereotype from the 90's

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 28, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

SSNeoman posted:

why do I know this

Because you know too much. They're coming for you next.

SocketWrench posted:

The way that cop acted through the whole thing you could just read his frustration. "gently caress! Here we go again. Goddamn why can't i just shoot him? An investigation and a desk job for a few years would be worth it."

"Just rip that god-damned nose ring right outta there."

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hey now, people who only link how to deal with Sovereign Citizens are only telling you part of the story! You need to know your rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pBougV1JK4

Edit: This is a sketch from With Bob and David, the spiritual successor to Mr. Show With Bob and David. The people who made the crazy right wing secessionist sketches from earlier.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jan 28, 2016

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

BlackIronHeart posted:

It's amazing how many people get suckered into SovCit stuff. What really blows my mind is imagining how much money people make hucking this horseshit to dumb assholes who feel like they've found the silver bullet against their crappy lives. I want to believe that some of the people shilling SovCit stuff don't really believe it and are just cashing in on it but that might just be a defense mechanism. :(

Well, some of it really does sound tempting. I almost did years ago because my mailman at the time was one and we used to chat in the hallway when i was home. He'd go on about how taxes aren't legal "because the Constitution says...". "You don't have to agree to income tax because it wasn't agreed and voted on by all the states. There's this form you can get where you can exempt yourself".

He was like a real life version of a "This simple trick" ad back before they were a thing

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

SocketWrench posted:

Well, some of it really does sound tempting. I almost did years ago because my mailman at the time was one and we used to chat in the hallway when i was home. He'd go on about how taxes aren't legal "because the Constitution says...". "You don't have to agree to income tax because it wasn't agreed and voted on by all the states. There's this form you can get where you can exempt yourself".

He was like a real life version of a "This simple trick" ad back before they were a thing

Wait your USPS mail carrier was a sovereign citizen? The level of cognitive dissonance to enable that sort of life is just kinda admirable.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A solution to the conflict is to build a wall around the building and put "federal jail" in the door of the wall. They are already in federal land.

As for the reaction of this thread to the occupation, you guys are piling on them, piling a lot of hate. Many of you must consider how much of this hate is pure groupthink and mob mentality. Is very, very easy to mock these guys in this thread, and hard, very hard, to defend them (I am not defending them). I personally hate mob mentality.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

SocketWrench posted:

You know, as much as I dislike old adages: If it sounds too good to be true ... yeah don't be a moron.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Edit: killed in favor of better post that was apparently lagging.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jan 28, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Tei posted:

A solution to the conflict is to build a wall around the building and put "federal jail" in the door of the wall. They are already in federal land.

As for the reaction of this thread to the occupation, you guys are piling on them, piling a lot of hate. Many of you must consider how much of this hate is pure groupthink and mob mentality. Is very, very easy to mock these guys in this thread, and hard, very hard, to defend them (I am not defending them). I personally hate mob mentality.

Emphasis mine.

I'm no public defender, I do not have an obligation to defend them.

While it may be the easy way out, we've been watching these people commit crimes for weeks. Yes, they are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. However, they have been spoonfeeding us evidence of their guilt this whole time.

As for the making fun of them and whatnot ... I think it might be a defense mechanism. How do we deal with people like these? It would be great if we could have a conversation about it. But ... I don't think there is a way to deal with people like these.

I have a crazy coworker. As I heard Dumbass David spout his crazy BS yesterday in the wee hours, I heard a lot of her in there, and that kinda scared me. I have had many, many conversations with this otherwise smart lady about these things, and from what I've seen: there is no reasoning with them. They will continue to believe whatever the hell they want to believe no matter what we or anyone else will say.

So maybe we are retreating a little bit behind our dark humor. I'm not sure what else we're supposed to do.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

SocketWrench posted:

Oh no, I totally see how the con works and how people would throw themselves into it. That's the really sinister part of it all; it's something people would cling to because poo poo hasn't gone their way or they've made some big mistakes and are desperate for a way out. They're being sold total bupkis to deal with the legal system and they're going to get horrendously hosed for it 100% of the time.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I've always felt that SovCits have the same motivations as people who claim to have psychic powers or are Indigo Children or whatever. It's a self gratifying way of feeling powerful. There's is just a little less personal, ongoing 24/7 LARP than most.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Bastard Tetris posted:

Wait your USPS mail carrier was a sovereign citizen? The level of cognitive dissonance to enable that sort of life is just kinda admirable.

C'mon, you didn't notice through all this how many of these fuckers lived off federal money in some way, whether Bundy's loans or Tarpman's foster kids?

Edit: killed in favor of better post that was apparently lagging.

It charged at the poster?

As for the making fun of them and whatnot ... I think it might be a defense mechanism. How do we deal with people like these? It would be great if we could have a conversation about it. But ... I don't think there is a way to deal with people like these.

I would actually think it's how this whole thing kicked off that got that reaction.

If they'd stormed the place and were prepared or even killed some people the mocking wouldn't exist in such a massive amount.
But since these chucklefucks have been a three ring circus of stupidity from the very get go....

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jan 28, 2016

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

Oh yea, as was said, this is the best part. Patriots have built up this fantasy about how the Military is made up of people who just hate the civilian leaders they are forced to serve under. If they would just be allowed to do things their way, the world would be safe because we're AMERICA and we can do anything if we put enough boots on the group and nukes in the air for Freedom.

As soon as the brave Patriots fire the first shot all the NCOs on down will frag their Obama approved officers and march off to join their brothers in arms.

Or the people in the military are mostly people doing their job as best they can like everyone else and hope they aren't put in a situation where they have to risk their lives. Unless they're some glory hound or psychopath like Chris Kyle. I doubt many people in the military or vets would have kind words to say about these guys who are all the poster boys for Stolen Valor.

Why would a bunch of people in the military, an incredibly diverse organization filled with the kinds of people they hate, including people who have not yet become citizens, help a bunch of racist wingnuts?

Its like they don't actually know poo poo about the military, even a white supremacy sympathizer would realize in boot that his worldview won't fly because the military isn't like 80% white christians anymore and hasn't been for a long time.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
The strawman thing is great, I've seen it used as a justification for child abuse! You see, the kids are not "their" kids, they're their strawman's kids, so "they" have no obligation to take care of them! :haw:

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I think it would be kind of fun to be the appointed defender for these guys. The things they're going to say! I seriously think crossing the FBI agents at the trial would be hilarious.

You let deliveries go into the compound?

You checked the contents of those deliveries?

You wanted to make sure they weren't guns, bombs, or ammunition?

Instead they were dildos?

Lots of dildos?

And lubricant?

Pass the witness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Oh my god. I didn't click the link, and I should have, because that's my loving friend. Whoever said he lost his job over this was 100% correct, this poo poo got him fired and it was hilarious. He actually posted this video himself, trying to show how much of an rear end in a top hat the cop was, and we laughed and laughed at his dumb rear end. He still drives a truck now, somehow he didn't lose his Class C over this, but man it's weird to see someone actually become a meme. I'm debating whether or not to post this on his facebook wall now. :allears:

• Locked thread