Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Despera posted:

This is a humor website first, liberal cesspool second

I thought we were a CIA front first and foremost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

KiteAuraan posted:

I thought we were a CIA front first and foremost?

shhh don't tell anyone

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The guy on NTA is currently live streaming himself call the FBI to try and get Pete Santelli charged with trying to murder him. Its really weird.

I only came across this because I was hitting all the links from the last few days to hear teh SovCIt reactions to the video. To no real surprise its a ton of half-reads into what they want it to see.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The guy in the top left, standing in the middle of nowhere was probably like "gently caress nothings going to happen here". When life hands you lemons.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
im sure that in a few years mangettingshot.gif will be right up there with who's on first?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Despera posted:

This is a humor website first, liberal cesspool second

Wait, it's liberal to not like a GIF ? Also I'm sure you'll let me know when the humor actually arrives.

Despera posted:

I miss the counter-strike "Terrorists Win" imgs over the twin towers.

Oh, nevermind on that. gently caress me, I laughed.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

ashpanash posted:

This is a humor website?

There's a front page.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Despera posted:

I miss the counter-strike "Terrorists Win" imgs over the twin towers.

Personally I was a fan of this one.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

atomicthumbs posted:

There's a front page.

Superstitious nonsense.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I mean, come on, some effort. If you're going to make a mocking GIF of this dude dying, it should be something like the Dark Souls mod that replaces 'You Died' with 'THANKS OBAMA'. Then it's gross, but I'll still laugh at it and feel bad.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

My cat climbing on me with a poopy butt after using the litter box is gross. Making fun of an idiot dying because of his own mistakes is not gross.

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
I guess you guys just looooove death! Hilarious comedy death mind you, not the tragic die-in-agony death.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

murphyslaw posted:

I guess you guys just looooove death! Hilarious comedy death mind you, not the tragic die-in-agony death.

It never fails.

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

From the Bundy Ranch facebook group.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

kartikeya posted:

Wait, it's liberal to not like a GIF ? Also I'm sure you'll let me know when the humor actually arrives.

Oh, nevermind on that. gently caress me, I laughed.

Forget about the old 911 photoshops, the Star Wars 911 thread is amazing.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3586028

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Despera posted:

The guy in the top left, standing in the middle of nowhere was probably like "gently caress nothings going to happen here". When life hands you lemons.

Dude was taking a slash.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

murphyslaw posted:

I don't hate it. It happens. To everyone. Typically for much more noble reasons than this.

Like, "having an aneurysm while taking a poo poo." You know. Noble.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

So are the remaining 4 still sitting around a campfire?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

ashpanash posted:

Like, "having an aneurysm while taking a poo poo." You know. Noble.

Usually though it's the other way around. You die, then you take a poo poo.

It's ok to be afraid of death. I am too. Getting upset about that gif is...I can't think of a good word for it that doesn't sound insulting. It's extremely sanitized.

quote:

Yeah pretty much. 3 of them are free to just go home. The 4th has a warrent for his arrest and they're trying to negotiate it away.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

yeah he was very very clearly moving his coat aside to grab the gun, and while holding it turned to face the agent behind him who he may not have been aware of. If they had given him 15 chances to surrender instead of just 14 one of those agents could very well be dead

He knew what he was doing and what he wanted, I feel for the agent who had to assist in his suicide because the dude wanted to go out a "hero" (some movement to die in the name of) instead of just another middle aged white guy offing himself

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

DefendYourBase hasn't posted anything new since 9:16am. That's really really unusual for him, but maybe his phone died. Or broke. Or they were all arrested. Or, you know, the FBI was just like 'aha okay enough out of you' and switched on a jammer.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I posted a gif on SA / Just to watch a man die

same

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Well he was old, so a good "Help I've Fallen and Can't Get Up!" would go a long way.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
They need to clean out the remaining ones at the bird sanctuary.

There arent many of them they can wait until they go to sleep or something.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Finicum leaves the truck and steps through the snow. Agents and troopers on scene had information that Finicum and others would be armed. On at least two occasions, Finicum reaches his right hand toward a pocket on the left inside portion of his jacket. He did have a loaded 9 mm semi-automatic handgun in that pocket.

At this time, OSP troopers shot Finicum.

Approximately 30 seconds after the shooting, law enforcement officers at the scene deployed flash bangs to disorient any other armed occupants. Shortly after that, they deployed less-lethal sponge projectiles with OC capsules. Those OC capsules would be similar to pepper spray.

Over a period of several minutes agents and troopers worked to safely remove the remaining truck occupants, and to take them into custody. Those people included:

Ryan Bundy
Shawna Cox
And another woman, who was not arrested and will not be named

As soon as the agents and troopers were confident that they had addressed any further threats, they provided medical assistance to Finicum. That happened about 10 minutes after the shooting.

Agents and troopers did find three other loaded weapons inside the truck. They included two loaded .223 caliber semi-automatic rifles. There was also one loaded .38 special revolver.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

hakimashou posted:

They need to clean out the remaining ones at the bird sanctuary.

There arent many of them they can wait until they go to sleep or something.

Nonethnic cleansing.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

who brings a .38 special to an FBI fight

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

As a Millennial I posted:

There's nothing in the Constitution about law licenses.

Air Bud: Attorney at Paw

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Knight posted:

i'm dying

Somebody in the (now relatively quiet) Pete Santilli chat was saying this same thing. That after they shot Lavoy, they spent the next five minutes firing hundreds of rounds into his truck trying to kill everyone in there.

And every shot missed?

"Well, they had a bad angle."

So after those five minutes they didn't just walk a little closer and finish the job? Did they run out of bullets?

"I'm still trying to figure that out."

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Bobby Digital posted:

Air Bud: Attorney at Paw

No wonder the dude wanted to call in cowboys on horseback to save the dogs, they were their lawyers.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Sublimer posted:

20 bucks that guy gets some kickback from the feds, whether medicare, disability, or whatever. Because gently caress the government (except for the part that sends me money for my issues)

Was talking with a few guys at work about this thing when it was brought up the most awesome way to end it would be to watch the place suddenly rip apart in a hail of bullets and destruction, then hear BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP followed by an A-10 zipping by. Peace through superior firepower, bitches. Y'all just got hogged

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Sublimer posted:

Clearly he's not a true patriot. The people* on that facebook ripoff that GBS invaded would fight.

*most of those people are dead.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

atomicthumbs posted:

who brings a .38 special to an FBI fight

The guy that dies, apparently.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Something about that scooter and oxygen tank turns you into a badass

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Despera posted:

Something about that scooter and oxygen tank turns you into a badass

He's basically Darth Vader except his TIE fighter moves really slow

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I’ve replayed that video about 20 times, full screen and paused repeatedly and here’s what I think:

1) Mark McConnell (the driver of the other vehicle) is a liar. He posted a Facebook video claiming about Finicum: “He charged at law enforcement”. How convenient that he would put that out there so fast, especially considering he was about a MILE AWAY when Finicum was shot. I’m not suggesting he was in cahoots with the FBI, but it sure seems like the Feds tried hard to gain control of the narrative before other witnesses (like the 18-yr old girl) put out their version of events...

2) This was not a good shoot. The FBI spokesman tried to make it sound like proper protocol was followed for using lethal force by pointing out that Finicum nearly hit an agent or officer when he went off the road and that they had reports that the occupants were armed. He even mentioned that they found two .223 semiautomatic rifles and a handgun in the truck, and Finicum was found to have a loaded 9mm handgun in the left pocket of his jacket that he appeared to reach toward with his right hand a couple of times. But the fact that the gun was IN HIS POCKET — and not in his hand — proves that nobody was in imminent danger of being shot by Finicum at the time he was killed. And if you listened closely to the spokesman, he was always referring to the State guys — NOT the FBI — with respect to who did the shooting while he gave lip service to the standard justifications. He wasn’t enthusiastic in the defense of the behavior of the State guys: it was more like he was giving typical cop court testimony — careful to use the correct weasel words that might leave you with a certain impression if you’re not paying attention, but without any outright falsification of the facts.

3) The very first report of this in the media referred to the operation as a “traffic stop”. Sure, the initial stop with the vehicles behind could be called that, but what Finicum encountered up the road was a ROADBLOCK and an ambush. The guy that shot him came out of the trees on the left. And the person who was nearly hit (and he nearly was — you can see him climbing back to his feet after diving into the snow) very obviously jumped in front of the truck and looked to be aiming a weapon at it.

4) If you watch very carefully, just before Finicum “takes off” from the initial stop, you can see two separate light flashes in the picture. I can’t say what they are, but the girl said that they took off after someone shot at them and missed. I think I might believe that part of her story.

5) Finicum is driving about 60 mph or more, I would guess, from the fact that he is taking the corners almost in the center of the road. You can see him hit the brakes about 4 seconds before he runs off the road — which looks like he was trying to avoid hitting the roadblock which he couldn’t see until then because they set it up after a BLIND CURVE. Hmmm... a roadblock set up a mile away from a “traffic stop” (with gunshots?) after a blind curve, and with guys in the road and in the woods with guns pointed at him. How convenient.

I think the FBI put this out there because of the instant blowback from the 18-yr old’s recounting of events. I’m sure they don’t like being called murderers (they certainly deserved it after Waco and Ruby Ridge) but they appear to be going out of their way to look professional here. I also think that they played the basic “Oh, look — guy with a gun — oh, no! Scary!” meme that gets lots of coverage by the idiot, panty-waist media and helps distract from the important issues. But most of all, I think they were quick to release this so that anyone could see that the Oregon State guy, and not the FBI was the trigger-happy instigator in this case.

I would hope that a County, State or Federal official would immediately demand the arrest of the shooter on a manslaughter charge (and leave open the possibility for additional charges as the official investigation proceeds). From what I can see, there is no rational reason for letting someone walk free just because they were wearing a uniform at the time of the killing.
FREEP

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

In the eyes of the law, the life of a police officer or a federal agent is worth a lot more than an armed criminal who is trying to resist arrest. If the cops have any reason to believe that you're going for a gun (especially with people with such outspoken views about using guns to defend "are constitutional rights"(citation needed) as these chucklefucks) you can drat well expect the police to open fire after one of these morons decides that putting his hands up is getting tiresome and he'd rather shove them in his pockets repeatedly, coincidently in the pocket where he happens to keep his loaded firearm.

Note that "imminent danger" in the states is a subjective thing, since you simply need a belief that you are in imminent danger to have the reason to use lethal force. A moron going for a gun would qualify as this even if he doesn't actually get his gun and point it at you.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Subterfrugal posted:

I’ve replayed that video about 20 times, full screen and paused repeatedly and here’s what I think:

1) Mark McConnell (the driver of the other vehicle) is a liar. He posted a Facebook video claiming about Finicum: “He charged at law enforcement”. How convenient that he would put that out there so fast, especially considering he was about a MILE AWAY when Finicum was shot. I’m not suggesting he was in cahoots with the FBI, but it sure seems like the Feds tried hard to gain control of the narrative before other witnesses (like the 18-yr old girl) put out their version of events...

2) This was not a good shoot. The FBI spokesman tried to make it sound like proper protocol was followed for using lethal force by pointing out that Finicum nearly hit an agent or officer when he went off the road and that they had reports that the occupants were armed. He even mentioned that they found two .223 semiautomatic rifles and a handgun in the truck, and Finicum was found to have a loaded 9mm handgun in the left pocket of his jacket that he appeared to reach toward with his right hand a couple of times. But the fact that the gun was IN HIS POCKET — and not in his hand — proves that nobody was in imminent danger of being shot by Finicum at the time he was killed. And if you listened closely to the spokesman, he was always referring to the State guys — NOT the FBI — with respect to who did the shooting while he gave lip service to the standard justifications. He wasn’t enthusiastic in the defense of the behavior of the State guys: it was more like he was giving typical cop court testimony — careful to use the correct weasel words that might leave you with a certain impression if you’re not paying attention, but without any outright falsification of the facts.

3) The very first report of this in the media referred to the operation as a “traffic stop”. Sure, the initial stop with the vehicles behind could be called that, but what Finicum encountered up the road was a ROADBLOCK and an ambush. The guy that shot him came out of the trees on the left. And the person who was nearly hit (and he nearly was — you can see him climbing back to his feet after diving into the snow) very obviously jumped in front of the truck and looked to be aiming a weapon at it.

4) If you watch very carefully, just before Finicum “takes off” from the initial stop, you can see two separate light flashes in the picture. I can’t say what they are, but the girl said that they took off after someone shot at them and missed. I think I might believe that part of her story.

5) Finicum is driving about 60 mph or more, I would guess, from the fact that he is taking the corners almost in the center of the road. You can see him hit the brakes about 4 seconds before he runs off the road — which looks like he was trying to avoid hitting the roadblock which he couldn’t see until then because they set it up after a BLIND CURVE. Hmmm... a roadblock set up a mile away from a “traffic stop” (with gunshots?) after a blind curve, and with guys in the road and in the woods with guns pointed at him. How convenient.

I think the FBI put this out there because of the instant blowback from the 18-yr old’s recounting of events. I’m sure they don’t like being called murderers (they certainly deserved it after Waco and Ruby Ridge) but they appear to be going out of their way to look professional here. I also think that they played the basic “Oh, look — guy with a gun — oh, no! Scary!” meme that gets lots of coverage by the idiot, panty-waist media and helps distract from the important issues. But most of all, I think they were quick to release this so that anyone could see that the Oregon State guy, and not the FBI was the trigger-happy instigator in this case.

I would hope that a County, State or Federal official would immediately demand the arrest of the shooter on a manslaughter charge (and leave open the possibility for additional charges as the official investigation proceeds). From what I can see, there is no rational reason for letting someone walk free just because they were wearing a uniform at the time of the killing.
FREEP

ok now that i am looking at this in the reply box i can see the "freep" bit and i don't have to quote part of point #2 with a drugs emote

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Pretty impressed with the FBI coming out of nowhere behind these guys and and setting up the triple car roadblock so close ahead. No chance for a car chase and all safely away from the public. These guys hadn't seen any Feds on the news or in person and then there were tons of SUVs on them like that.

It's strange to think how the guy who got shot spent so much of his life fantasizing about dying to the feds, and then finally did. He wanted to be a martyr. Maybe he felt accomplished in his final moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Subterfrugal posted:

FREEP

No it was a good shoot look at the gif from the video he is trying to get his gun from his pocket to kill the police, like how he said he was going to.

Also waco the cultists set themselves on fire, after they took kids hostage and shot policemen.

Ruby ridge was more of a clusterfuck, but the final blame lies with the people who decided to shoot policemen instead of submit to arrest.

• Locked thread