Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

MariusLecter posted:

Sean "porkins" single handedly crippled the movement by yelling into the camera and stuff.

Welp.

e;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXbuP19AWDM

These people make me feel uncomfortable and also like I'll be put on a watch list if I watch that channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Stultus Maximus posted:

Freedom, Liberty, Justice, and White America were also killed that day.

I think you'll find that those were killed on January 21 2009.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Shbobdb posted:

Non-compliance means death or bodily injury! Remember: cops are your friends.

It looks like Sovcits are right, there are certain magic words you can say to short circuit the legal system. Unfortunately, a short circuit results in getting tasered or killed.

USA! USA!

Armed and dangerous man, who repeatedly says he's willing to kill police trying to arrest him and they'll never take him alive, who attacks them with his vehicle, then after a lengthy chase getting out and refusing to comply, and then reaching into his coat for his gun, is practically the definition of a good shoot.

theflyingorc posted:

Tarp man!
Ah-AAAAAAA-AAAHHHH!
Fighter of the G-man!
Ah-AAAAAAA-AAAHHHH!
Tried to pull his gun!
Ah-AAAAAAA-AAAHHHH!
You're a master of bad driving, and dying, for being dumb.

Tarp man!
hahaha

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Kazak_Hstan posted:

"Yes I have actually used my own money to bail patriots out of jail. No I have not been paid back."

-Barb Oathkeeper

So does that mean she doesn't understand how bail works or she's complicit in aiding fleeing criminals? :raise:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
The dude is saying the PPN call to action is a good thing and people should do it, the lady, "barb oathkeeper" is arguing it was premature because the lamestream media is focusing on the fat guy who told everyone to shoot the FBI.

Now they're popping off with "it's not washington d.c. so they can't own it" nonsense.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Rick_Hunter posted:

So does that mean she doesn't understand how bail works or she's complicit in aiding fleeing criminals? :raise:

Unless what she actually did was pay for the bail bondsman to actually make the bail. That's not refundable.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kazak_Hstan posted:

The dude is saying the PPN call to action is a good thing and people should do it, the lady, "barb oathkeeper" is arguing it was premature because the lamestream media is focusing on the fat guy who told everyone to shoot the FBI.

Now they're popping off with "it's not washington d.c. so they can't own it" nonsense.

Now at "The government pushed them to violence!"

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Nah. I fundamentally believe that cops should be able to shoot unless they have been fired upon. Even then, I'd prefer non lethal methods be at least attempted.

They signed up for the job and knew the risks. The life of a citizen, even a deeply disturbed one, always trumps that of LEOs on duty.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Go ban yourself for your toxx

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Shbobdb posted:

The life of a citizen, even a deeply disturbed one, always trumps that of LEOs on duty.

This is loving stupid. I'm no fan of the cops, but their lives matter just as much as anyone elses. Someone who is determined to hurt other people (including the cops) is removed with the most efficient use of force available.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Shbobdb posted:

Nah. I fundamentally believe that cops should be able to shoot unless they have been fired upon. Even then, I'd prefer non lethal methods be at least attempted.

They signed up for the job and knew the risks. The life of a citizen, even a deeply disturbed one, always trumps that of LEOs on duty.

I'm pretty sure the tarped gunman also knew the risks, at the moment he tried to pull out his weapon to make good on his repeated threats to shoot police officers.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Shbobdb posted:

I'd normally agree with you considering how distrustful of the cops I'm as well but in this case knowing what we do about the guy I'm willing to go with that this actually was a "good shot" since this wasn't a case of cops executing a black guy for being darker and therefore scarier than them but of a known domestic terrorist who was armed complying (which us shouldn't be grounds for death) but also attempting to pull his gun to go out in a blaze of glory.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Talmonis posted:

This is loving stupid. I'm no fan of the cops, but their lives matter just as much as anyone elses. Someone who is determined to hurt other people (including the cops) is removed with the most efficient use of force available.
And since LEOs are citizens it reads as "The life of a citizen, even a deeply disturbed one, always trumps that of a citizen on duty."

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Shbobdb posted:

My job description is 13 pages long, let me go skim through and find the part where getting shot is part of my job. I'll get back to you when I get to that part.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Hmm a deeply disturbed person literally posting that deeply disturbed people are more valuable than cops.

Lol.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The moment I entered this stream, I heard someone saying something about Rules of Engagement, where some guy said "there's no roadblock in Iraq that would not have opened fire on a vehicle that came straight at them", and this was followed by an argument about that seemingly shouldn't have applied here.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Takoluka posted:

The moment I entered this stream, I heard someone saying something about Rules of Engagement, where some guy said "there's no roadblock in Iraq that would not have opened fire on a vehicle that came straight at them", and this was followed by an argument about that seemingly shouldn't have applied here.

Well duh... Iraqis aren't white christians.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Seems I have a lot to learn. :(

e: ahahahaha getting called out about not having any military experience

e2: i can't tell who is who

Takoluka fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 29, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Shbobdb posted:

It's a fine line to walk - what you're suggesting is a LOT more LEO death for equal or worse protection compared to now.

You can make the argument comparing to countries with LEOs without guns, but those countries don't have the same gun ownership that we do.

Are officers prone to fire more in certain situations? Yes, and they need to be trained to try to use deescalation whenever possible, but in situations where the guy has gone on record as saying he will not be taken alive and is a known wacko with high powered guns?

No.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Takoluka posted:

Seems I have a lot to learn. :(

e: ahahahaha getting called out about not having any military experience

e2: i can't tell who is who

The caller was talking big about how he isn't just sitting at his keyboard he's got EMT training, he does logistics for this and that and :words:

Right now "Barb" is telling him to shut his mouth, hard, by telling him the facts about how Tarpman went down.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shbobdb posted:

I'm pretty ok with cops being able to fire when a guy who's repeatedly said he'd kill police and never be taken alive just tried to run your blockade and is going for something in his pocket while you keep telling him to stop. Like if Eric Garner had dropped his loosies, screamed "DIE YOU loving PIGS," and pulled out a gun there wouldn't have been many (if any) people protesting his death at the hands of the police.

Now stop being a whiny poo poo and go make your ban thread.

e: If LEOs gave everyone as much leeway as Tarpman got that'd be pretty nice actually. Then maybe they wouldn't do things like drive to a park and immediately hop out of their car to shoot a 12 year old kid.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Tarpman should have been allowed to kill 3 law enforcement officers with his amazing quick draw skills and then hang a female federal employee as per his published murder fantasies. Otherwise this is worse than a million Wacos.

Seriously though, the nut cases are desperate to re-contextual Finicum's death to fit their narrative. That's not an old man dying in the snow to them, that's their fantasies. That's their pathetic dreams struggling to pull a gun out of their jacket and receiving a fatal dose of reality.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

stay free tarp ghost

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Shbobdb posted:

Well, you're in luck, because legally if you try to murder people with your vehicle (as he nearly did), your vehicle is considered a deadly weapon. He'd already 'fired' on the cops. They responded in kind. When he came out with his hands up, they tried to take him in peacefully. He was not complying. Then he reached for his gun twice, the second time holding his hand there for a number of seconds before the officer finally fired.

They showed the utmost restraint possible and complied to the letter, as far as I can tell, with the regulations for such interactions. I'm among the first to get angry when cops overstep and murder unarmed people and the like, but this is not those cases and trying to conflate them is actually pretty insulting to the people who have died due to trigger happy or brutality-first officers.

As for the SovCits getting tased video, lol. No one there was killed or in any significant danger, except, possibly, the cops themselves because SovCits have a history of suddenly turning violent and murdering police officers during things as routine as traffic stops. Most of those videos have the officer(s) being extraordinarily patient, even warning them untold numbers of times that they were going to break the window and force them to comply.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Not letting people return to their armed insurrection is blackmail. LMBO

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

As a Millennial I posted:

Oh dear. I'm becoming one of them, aren't I?

It looked like a bullet hole to me, and I fully admit I could be wrong. I'm not trying to stir up conspiracies at all; from the available evidence it looks like the shooting of Finicum was justified. If it is a bullet hole I wonder if the Feds had a sniper back up a ways who took the shot when Finicum tried to run the roadblock and almost squished that officer.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Shbobdb posted:

Non-compliance means death or bodily injury! Remember: cops are your friends.

Ah, ok. So from now on when a cop asks for your ID you can just say no, roll up your window and leave as long as he doesn't say "I'm warning you" first. Or when you repeatedly tell them you aren't a US citizen after rolling across the boarder in a semi you can just ignore them and continue on your way.

The other posters were right, you should honor your toxx already. Or are you all bark and no bite like these sov cit losers

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SyHopeful posted:

It looked like a bullet hole to me, and I fully admit I could be wrong. I'm not trying to stir up conspiracies at all; from the available evidence it looks like the shooting of Finicum was justified. If it is a bullet hole I wonder if the Feds had a sniper back up a ways who took the shot when Finicum tried to run the roadblock and almost squished that officer.

too me it looked like Finicum was trying to bypass the blockade and he didnt really care if the cop got run down. he seemed to misjudge how deep the snow was so he hosed up. i am also sure the car was taking fire.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Shbobdb posted:

Go ban yourself toxx man

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Dapper_Swindler posted:

too me it looked like Finicum was trying to bypass the blockade and he didnt really care if the cop got run down. he seemed to misjudge how deep the snow was so he hosed up. i am also sure the car was taking fire.

The cop clearly dived into the snowbank towards Finicum's truck, but if I were in that situation I'd probably assume he was going to ram the trucks and try to dive for cover too. 3 tons of steel with DODGE and RAM on the front charging at 60mph would cause me to have to make a split second decision too.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SyHopeful posted:

The cop clearly dived into the snowbank towards Finicum's truck, but if I were in that situation I'd probably assume he was going to ram the trucks and try to dive for cover too. 3 tons of steel with DODGE and RAM on the front charging at 60mph would cause me to have to make a split second decision too.

Trying to martyr himself to sully the militia movement you mean.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

SyHopeful posted:

No there was no "sniper" up the road shooting through the windshield past other officers heads and miraculously causing Finicum to swerve away from the roadblock. This was actually a real life event not a movie.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

SyHopeful posted:

If you're talking about the white spot on the windshield on the drivers side when the truck is stuck in the snowbank, that spot is also visible earlier in the video during the initial stop. It's likely a piece of paper on the dashboard, not a bullet hole in the windshield

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
More interesting than what happens to the rest of these people, and more interesting than the sad death of tarpman, is the fallout from this in the militia movement at large. These guys were literally trying to make a last stand and called on other militias to join up, but very few people showed up. All there was, was a lot of Internet grumbling and then the FBI took down most of them without even a fight.

I wonder if that's going to cause people to rethink things (unlikely).

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Our brave patriots are exchanging recipes for cooking possum. You can't make this poo poo up.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

hcenvirons posted:

Our brave patriots are exchanging recipes for cooking possum. You can't make this poo poo up.

You can trade some hard lemonade for cake down in the holler. Good stuff.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SquadronROE posted:

More interesting than what happens to the rest of these people, and more interesting than the sad death of tarpman, is the fallout from this in the militia movement at large. These guys were literally trying to make a last stand and called on other militias to join up, but very few people showed up. All there was, was a lot of Internet grumbling and then the FBI took down most of them without even a fight.

simple. trumps running and in first place in the primaries. alot of these dudes like him and believe he can win. so they dont feel the need to martyr themselves... yet.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

SquadronROE posted:

Pretty much all of the other militia leaders and right-wing types said that this was not their fight back at the very beginning when the Hammonds were arrested. Half probably were right that they should wait for a morally more righteous cause, and the other half were probably never serious about their ideas of rebellion anyway.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Guy on the stream saying they should have left the guns at home. He didn't go because other guys were arming up like Porky with his M14.

He's getting yelled at, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

If they really believed they were starting the second revolution, financial distress with me nothing for that.
If you go off to destroy the country, who cares about the status of your bank account. Once there is a new government in place, most of the old stuff will be thrown out, right?

Yeah, this is pretty much exactly why the no-shows or the people who leave because they're worried about their job were never a real threat. People genuinely expecting to go to fight to the death as heroes don't care about what might happen to their house the day after their glorious martyrdom.

Al! posted:

This is not me "just asking questions," I'm interested from a procedural standpoint and because someone dumb might try to make this point, but why did they throw the flash bangs after they shot him, not while he was fidgeting?

As soon as shots are fired, there's the possibility that anyone not already under FBI control might panic at the sound of gunfire, and pull their guns or otherwise escalate, especially since they were still inside the car and the FBI could not be 100% sure what they were doing. The FBI was well aware of that, and therefore acted to head off any actions by the people in the car and bring the situation under control as quickly as possible as soon as shots were fired. The moment anyone there pulled the trigger, for any reason, playtime was over.

• Locked thread