Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.
They don't even have any loving clue where their weapons are. It took them about 10 minutes of rooting around to find keys so they could start the truck to turn the headlights on so they could find the shotguns. Jesus christ, they're gonna shoot themselves to death trying to refill a bong any minute now....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

"We need 100's of thousands of patriots to come to the checkpoints and demand our freedom and amnesty!"

E: explaining their sovcit viewpoints on stream atm.

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 30, 2016

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

quote:

Some odors of sweat, beef jerky, gun oil, personal lubricant and sedition. Includes one pocket copy of the U.S. Constitution.

Priceless. Also, if you're still reading this Prester Jane, have you done an Ask/Tell about your experiences growing up with nutjobs like these? I don't want to bring up any unwanted memories, so if you don't want to do it it'd be fine, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find this sort of fringe behaviour fascinating.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Ahahaha they missed the "safe passage" deadline because one of their dipshit buddies decided to leg it instead of going back to tell them.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Looking at legal code now.

Title 28 section 80, district courts with regards to federal court.

Civil actions

Breakin' da law

Now, when judge lady references section 80 to 131, she means things like this:

The snorefest that is "there'll be courts here, here, and here. And here, here, and here."

There are quite a few notes that I don't have the time to look at, but ... She takes issue with the placement of courts?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

kazmeyer posted:

Ahahaha they missed the "safe passage" deadline because one of their dipshit buddies decided to leg it instead of going back to tell them.

They knew exactly what they were doing. I watched the live video of Dumbass David saying "the FBI says we have until 4 AM to leave, but we're gonna stay here and die."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB7SHZ3cdBY

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Shbobdb posted:

The state of Jefferson (basically the methy parts of northern California) has the same problem. If formed, it would be the poorest state in the union.

Southwest Oregon is part of the State of Jefferson as well.

Also, if you took your ban like a champ we'd be the least poor forum.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing that lady calls herself a Superior District Court judge because Alaska state courts have both superior courts (court of original jurisdiction) and district courts (misdemeanor and smaller civil jurisdiction, delegates from superior court.). Then again maybe she just picked some legal-ish PTD's and mashed them together.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Anyone post this journal article about SovCits/Freemen yet? It's a pretty good history and breakdown.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
GOD IT'S SO BORING

The feed has stopped and I didn't notice for several minutes because it wasn't any less interesting.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

What was the Craigslist ad for? A Tarp?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
One of them is sad that his son is estranged from him and wants to be a federal agent. This is just like reading Freep.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

trickybiscuits posted:

GOD IT'S SO BORING

The feed has stopped and I didn't notice for several minutes because it wasn't any less interesting.

Jabba the Patriot has been on the phone whining that they got left behind and didn't know about the deadline (again) and just revealed that his son betrayed him and wants to be a FBI agent. He also seems to be really pissed the cops wouldn't take his peaceful compromise option of "let us all go with no consequences."

God I wish they'd get it over with and just flashbang these imbeciles.

EDIT: Lawyer now advising them "get legal representation you dumbshits and stop thinking you can negotiate for yourself."

kazmeyer fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 30, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

McDowell posted:

So is that the seed of Sovereign Citizenship? Southern resistance to occupation? Interesting.

Yes- particularly as reinterpreted by white supremacists in the 1960s in response to the CRA. I posted an article upthread that covers the general history of the ideology quite well.

Origami Dali posted:

Anyone post this journal article about SovCits/Freemen yet? It's a pretty good history and breakdown.

That's new to me! It looks great, thank you!

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Prester Jane posted:

As powerful as the American military is, our true strength as a nation is our weaponized snark. No on else is even in the same league as us.

I don't think I could agree more. It's truly our most powerful advantage.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
This freeper livestream is one of the best trainwrecks I have ever seen

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

CommissarMega posted:

Priceless. Also, if you're still reading this Prester Jane, have you done an Ask/Tell about your experiences growing up with nutjobs like these? I don't want to bring up any unwanted memories, so if you don't want to do it it'd be fine, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find this sort of fringe behaviour fascinating.

She did! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708238

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Friggin' awesome! Thanks for the link, man, and for the A/T, PJ!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

One of them is sad that his son is estranged from him and wants to be a federal agent. This is just like reading Freep.

I smell sitcom!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Wait, never mind. That was the plot of Justified.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Jesus christ, the state of that building. Is it in the nature of every trash-rear end militia to hoard and roost in filth?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Once upon a time I was falling in love
With a refuge for herons and skylarks
Now there's nothing I can say
They emptied 3 clips in my tarp

devastating

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ammon: Ok, we've had a lot of trouble with this occupation before, but I think we can do it this time . Pete, what are our odds?

Pete Santilli: I'm coming up with a 13.333 (repeating of course) chance of our survival.

Ammon: ok, what is Lavoy doing?

Pete Santilli: he appears to be idling under his blue tarp.

Ammon: Jesus....ok well I know he needs some drops from this occupation. I'll go in first and cast " Open Carry Patriot Intimidating Shout" and if we try and pull them one by one we should.....

Lavoy Finnicum: what's what chums lets do this. LAVVOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEENKINS
*stands up, rushes FBI blockade*

Ammon : did he just run into the fed raid?

Pete Santilli: GOD DAMMIT LAVOY

*tpk*

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I hope whoever is still left there camping out against the feds surrenders meekly. When they do, I hope they're paraded out as the filthy, ragtag, miserable shitbags they are. Make them do a 100-yard frogmarch in cuffs and shackles into a Bearcat.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Ammon: Ok, we've had a lot of trouble with this occupation before, but I think we can do it this time . Pete, what are our odds?

Pete Santilli: I'm coming up with a 13.333 (repeating of course) chance of our survival.

Ammon: Jesus....ok well I know he needs some drops from this occupation. I'll go in first and cast " Open Carry Patriot Intimidating Shout" and if we try and pull them one by one we should.....

*tpk*

:lol:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

*tpk*

Ammon: oh hey, he had chicken.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Discendo Vox posted:

Yes- particularly as reinterpreted by white supremacists in the 1960s in response to the CRA. I posted an article upthread that covers the general history of the ideology quite well.

This is a fun article from a lawyer about the FBI's case. The best part:

quote:

Twenty years ago I prosecuted a tax protester who claimed — as one does — that the gold fringe on the courtroom flag made it an admiralty court. “I'll pretend you're a boat,” the judge said dryly and proceeded with the mundane business of the case.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Your Gay Uncle posted:

*tpk*

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

theflyingorc posted:

I hope very dearly that this is true. I hope they had no idea other people were leaving.

FBI "GET OUT!"
SOV CITS *start leaving*
Last four shitwipes "What's going on?"

Seriously, if you're this dumb...just...arg! these guys are such loving morons

theflyingorc posted:

The issue is that Sean doesn't want to go prison OR die, and he doesn't accept that those are his only two options.

edit: i'm not surprised he got his wife to stick by him, but I can't believe the other two knuckleheads are still there. What is the point?

I swear, this still baffles me how these fuckers sound and act just like children. Now they're locking themselves in their bedroom dreading the moment daddy comes home to whoop their asses for being bad.

Do we send these guys to prison for a rime out or give them their binkie so they'll shut up and go to sleep

kartikeya posted:

"Violent, deceitful, and malicious attacks"

"WAAAAAAH, the FBI didn't play by my made up rules, waaaaah"
I'll bet these fuckers are a blast playing board games.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 30, 2016

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
You can use the Multnomah County Sheriff's website to find out who are still in and who is not.

Santilli is still enjoying the government housing: http://www.mcso.us/PAID/Home/Booking/1362477

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Wait, is dumb rear end David still streaming? I turned on his stream and all I heard aside for mumbling in the background was "Joshua?"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

STAC Goat posted:

And I guess I now confirm that I'm probably on some kind of watchlist for listening to this stream, positing in the chat, and subscribing the last few days. Ah well.

I'm pretty sure the FBI can tell the difference between :freep::tinfoil::shrek: and :munch::jerkbag:

Kazak_Hstan posted:

hosed up if true

I'm pretty sure the people that formed the country and wrote the documents she's rolling around in were a shitton smarter than some batshit "OMG CHEMTRAILS" lady

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jan 30, 2016

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Anyone screenshot this before it went down?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Discendo Vox posted:

I wonder how the ideology twists in different countries. I say this because I'm british and had to deal with a native sovcit. I work at an energy company and one of our customers demands to be called by the whole 'of the family' thing and wanted us to pay them in silver for taking meter readings.

Obviously some of the stuff will be the same but since they don't have any cultural baggage to do with the American Civil War, I wonder if they place emphasis on different areas of their crazy ideas as opposed to those in the US.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Stultus Maximus posted:

Anyone screenshot this before it went down?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
:itshappening:
They're saying a bunch of vehicles just rolled in. "Wake up! Get your gun!"

e: or that's just an old recording? These guys are gonna be stuck there for days until they kill themselves accidentally or something.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

UrbicaMortis posted:

I wonder how the ideology twists in different countries. I say this because I'm british and had to deal with a native sovcit. I work at an energy company and one of our customers demands to be called by the whole 'of the family' thing and wanted us to pay them in silver for taking meter readings.

Obviously some of the stuff will be the same but since they don't have any cultural baggage to do with the American Civil War, I wonder if they place emphasis on different areas of their crazy ideas as opposed to those in the US.
IIRC the "freeman-on-the-land" variety is more common in Canada and the UK. That long document from the Canadian judge talked about a guy who cited the UCC in Canadian court because he thought it was the "universal commercial code".

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Entropic posted:

e: or that's just an old recording? These guys are gonna be stuck there for days until they kill themselves accidentally or something.

Oh that's just the refuge people going back to work.

"'Sup? Y'all still out here? We brought some k-cups with us, but you're going to have to wait for Christina if you want anything decaf."

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

Entropic posted:

Last night at about 8 or 9pm their time, four vehicles drove up to one of their barricades before turning, spawning a couple of hours of terrified streaming. First, they saw a drone, which they debated about shooting down. They didn't, and they eventually rationialized -- I mean, "received intel" that the drone was a honeypot to get them to shoot, which would give the snipers secreted all around their location to get the green light to blow them away. Then Ammon's wife (I think) called and she and two lawyers repeatedly tried to get them to leave, or at the very least to get competent legal representation. The fat guy kept whining about how the rest of the patriots left them behind and didn't tell them about the "walk out unharmed" deadline, and kept whining that the FBI wouldn't take his proposed compromise of "let us go home with no charges ever". Every time the lawyers tried to point out that the three people stuck with the fat guy could leave of their own free will, Kylo Meth started flipping out at them. They all kept complaining about how America hadn't risen up to save them yet either. The fat guy also talked about how the moon and a bunch of bald eagles told him he's under God's protection. Eventually, Kylo Meth hosed up restarting the stream (again) and they went dark. I don't think they've streamed since around 11pm-12am their time.

EDIT: It's weird they haven't streamed more, because they have professed multiple times that they believe the only reason the FBI hasn't murdered them all is because of the stream.

kazmeyer fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 30, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I know it was a very mild winter to start and all... but why would they decide to start this in the middle of winter and not say, spring time?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Your Gay Uncle posted:

*tpk*

That's a loving 50 DKP minus!

WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It hurts my brain how dumb these people are, that they can't grasp things like:
-If the FBI just wanted to kill them they'd be dead days ago
-They have two options: walk out without guns and be apprehended, or point a gun at a law enforcement officer and get shot
-Ok there is a third option: wait around some more becoming increasingly unhinged from lack of sleep and proper food. But that's just delaying choosing one of the first two options
-There is no fourth option of "take a mulligan on this whole thing and go home with no one getting arrested"
-No seriously that is not an option, why do you think that is an option

They seem to think they have some kind of leverage here and it's baffling.

• Locked thread