Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/694403078305374208

that's not even counting his lolSuperPAC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lOL2h8F3aA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

STAC Goat posted:

I genuinely don't understand anything about the democratic caucus. Not these 90 "missing" precincts or how it makes sense that they represent 5% if 98% have reported. Not super delegates. Not whatever the hell "state represented delegates" are or whatever msnbc has been trying to explain all night about the numbers they were showing. Like, the DNC have me feeling like the biggest idiot in the world because I can't make heads or tails of how this poo poo works.

Realizing that you don't understand, and embracing that fact, is the first step in truly appreciating it. It's political dadaism.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
People are feeling the bern at the cuckass

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Probably Magic posted:

Well, never said competent or moral. But those fuckers survived Watergate. They have insane rebound abilities.

Such as it is in a 2 party system it's hard to cause fractures when many have a vested interest in that not happening.

Honestly though for all the poo poo talk the DNC is getting it's poo poo together now.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Northjayhawk posted:

It makes more sense now why its taking forever for some precincts.

At my precinct, we all showed up, someone said she was the temporary chair and its now time to nominate a permanent chair to run the caucus. She knew what she was doing, so we obviously picked her, and she carried on with all the rules and procedure on how to run it.

Now, imagine we all show up somewhere, sit down, 7 pm comes and goes, and we're uncomfortably staring at each other going "uhhh, now what?" Eventually someone tries to figure out how to run a caucus, maybe someone else protests because no one with any semblance of authority (even if temporary) came in here, and it ends in a total clusterfuck, everyone goes home, and no one calls the Iowa Democrat party with any results.

If Microsoft has results for 1664 of 1683 precincts - does that mean there's more than 1683 precincts? I'm not getting where the 90 missing precincts are

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Oh hey, Martin O'Malley speaking (live?)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

I'm sure a lot of you took my posts about caucuses being great tonight as sarcastic, but they were not. This is a much better process than letting states run it which all state parties should adopt.

Having to argue over your vote is totally cool. Unless that results in my candidate losing, in which case it's undemocratic as all gently caress.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The gap is two now!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

gently caress da Mods posted:

Bernie Sanders has won the Iowa caucus

Oh hell loving no.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Huh

Clinton 693
​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•
Sanders 691
​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•
O'Malley 8

∗ The Iowa Democratic Party doesn't report vote counts. It reports State Delegate Equivalents (SDEs), predictions of who will attend the state-wide party convention.

​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•​•
3 of 52 delegates in play in Iowa.
HuffPost counts unpledged delegates who have publicly stated their intent to vote for a candidate.
How we count delegates
1,664 of 1,681 precincts reporting
Last updated: 12:13 a.m.
Visit HuffPost Pollster for survey results from before the race.
Iowa Republican Caucus

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Oh hey, Martin O'Malley speaking (live?)

dead actually

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
#Microsoftrubiofraud

The wing-nuts have convinced themselves that Microsoft falsified caucus results to boost Rubio.

Enjoy the tears

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Venom Snake posted:

Such as it is in a 2 party system it's hard to cause fractures when many have a vested interest in that not happening.

Honestly though for all the poo poo talk the DNC is getting it's poo poo together now.

I think fielding only 5 initial candidates is really dumb, but it still looks better than the GOP's "Everyone and Gallagher Too" plan.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

gently caress da Mods posted:

Bernie Sanders has won the Iowa caucus

Congratulations, to Bernie Sanders.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
HAHAHA THE ONLY SANTORUM SUPPORTER'S PEN DIED AND HE GOT NO VOTES

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Haha Santorum rep on msnbc said his pen ran out of ink, so Santorum received 0 votes in that precinct.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

so he spent more per voter than a voter could have legally spent on him

lmao

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The most disappointing result of the night is that Trump didn't use his concession speech to roast the gently caress out of low energy Iowa.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Probably Magic posted:

I think fielding only 5 initial candidates is really dumb, but it still looks better than the GOP's "Everyone and Gallagher Too" plan.

Having a massive line up with very little actual qualifications for the candidates is bad. Like even if it means you only have a 2 man race better 2 qualified candidates squaring off than a clown show. Hell even MOM is more qualified than anyone of the GOP side.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Joementum posted:

what a lovely candidate

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

remember when they said nothing could top 2012.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
If Iowa is going to continue using a caucus, the Democrats have to start using the method that the GOP does.

Republicans: Winner emerged fairly quickly with minimal fuss.

Democrats: "We lost three people", "stop the count, somebody is using the bathroom", "I dispute the count total," coin flips, delegates becoming delegates becoming delegates, network analysts who have been doing homework on this for month stumped at the procedures.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pragmatica posted:

Insider info: Bernie Captains used a second app to report all data directly to the campaign staff. This was separate to the numbers submitted to Microsoft because Sanders camp doesnt trust the app.

Hillary's going to be exposed for committing voter fraud

Holy gently caress - what an awesome night

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Venom Snake posted:

Having a massive line up with very little actual qualifications for the candidates is bad. Like even if it means you only have a 2 man race better 2 qualified candidates squaring off than a clown show. Hell even MOM is more qualified than anyone of the GOP side.

All this Cruz grassroots money would be better served as plea funds for a Romney run.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Joementum posted:

I'm sure a lot of you took my posts about caucuses being great tonight as sarcastic, but they were not. This is a much better process than letting states run it which all state parties should adopt.

I'm all for making the primaries as convoluted as possible. At least as long as the electoral college is a thing.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Okay I'm going to bed. See you all when I wake up and find out that that Jeb Bush put a hit out on Marco Rubio or whatever.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

EugeneJ posted:

Hillary's going to be exposed for committing voter fraud

Holy gently caress - what an awesome night

Is this all just fun posting of are you prior actually taking about sunsetting substantive?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rachel seems confused that the state party can't reach the precinct chairs, but electing a precinct chair is part of the caucus, so that's entirely believable.

Again, I should mention that caucuses own

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So the Iowa Democratic Party is calling bullshit on the Sanders' claim that 90 precincts weren't properly staffed by party people.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
MSNBC reporting that the DNC is disputing the 90 precincts

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Is there really just one county left that's tied 50-50 according to CNN? I hope in the end this comes down to a single precinct and they livestream the final coin flip

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
SANDERS DOWN BY .01

SANDERS DOWN BY .01

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Craptacular! posted:

If Iowa is going to continue using a caucus, the Democrats have to start using the method that the GOP does.

Republicans: Winner emerged fairly quickly with minimal fuss.

Democrats: "We lost three people", "stop the count, somebody is using the bathroom", "I dispute the count total," coin flips, delegates becoming delegates becoming delegates, network analysts who have been doing homework on this for month stumped at the procedures.

I will say that the GOP caucus is quick, efficient, and clear. In and out in 20-30 minutes, boom, done. When the Dems don't have a contest, I register as a republican for a day and its easy.

The way the Dems do it in Iowa is a pain in the rear end, and takes forever.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Joementum posted:

Should have used some santorum. :v:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

A SECOND PLANE JUST HIT THE DNC

Broken Mind
Jan 27, 2009
The more I watch this, the less I understand the whole precincts vs. delegates vs. super delegates stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
.1% come on Muscatine and Fremont co

• Locked thread