Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

JRizzle posted:

Vongayze Turddick, cmon

Vongayze Turdlick to get the superfluous L people keep jamming in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cthulu Carl posted:

Vongayze Turdlick to get the superfluous L people keep jamming in there.

Excellent use of "jamming" in this truly amazing debate for the ages.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
The Browns hired Kirby Wilson away from the Vikings. Let's check in with a local rube to get their thoughts about this:

quote:

3kolu • 13 hours ago
AP had 1400 yards, I could coach him to that many yards. Scram Kirby, you were a lovely WR coming out of Illinois, and you're nominal at best! AD runs for 2k this season.

Hmmm, interesting. I hope the Vikings are checking news report comments so they don't miss out on this up-and-coming coach.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Taylor Hamm is a 'reporter' for a Texas AM football recruiting service

And also, just all this. http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/1/26/7917865/orangebloods-texags-TWITTER-LONE-STAR-SHOWDOWN

I hope twitter stuff counts.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 22, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ArifHasanNFL/status/693950127182983168

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Hahah

"I think you said it was an 85% chance?"

"No I said it was an 8.5 on the 10 scale"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That article had a link to a great article on ncaa bag men

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/SYoungblood73/status/694172025221414912

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Every year people that are diehard about college recruiting demonstrate themselves as complete and utter sociopathic creeps

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Imagine being 71 years old and giving that much of a gently caress about college football you twitter harass 18 year old kids

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Imagine being 71 years old and giving that much of a gently caress about college football you twitter harass 18 year old kids

You lost me at "imagine being 71"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

my left hand has been drunkenly hanging off to the side and it thinks calvin has the righteous path

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I turned 25 last month and I'm already starting to feel kind of weird about paying so close attention to NFL draft prospects who are now all younger than me. I can't imagine being 70 and being obsessed with 17 year old high school athletics.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I turned 25 last month and I'm already starting to feel kind of weird about paying so close attention to NFL draft prospects who are now all younger than me. I can't imagine being 70 and being obsessed with 17 year old high school athletics.

I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping up with what your team is doing and who they're interested in. It gets into creepy weirdo territory when you start following them on twitter and yelling at them for not picking your team or doing something bad in a game.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honestly, in my neck of the woods, I remember high school games we would play where the crowd was students, parents, then old men who had followed that team for 50 years. I'm not sure if it's a regional thing (Suburban into rural Ohio here), but I get more shocked when olds know about the NFL draft or anything like that than their local teams. Most of them grew up when there would be like 1-2 college games a week that weren't always their teams and maybe their local NFL game on tv, but they could always go see their podunk high schools so that became their most valued sport. Rather than jump for NCAA and NFL games proper, it isn't that shocking that they're all jumping after other high schools around the country over the NCAA and NFL when you realize that's the level they've always liked. It's goofy as all hell when we have up to like ESPN72 now, but it isn't that shocking.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Joey Freshwater posted:

I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping up with what your team is doing and who they're interested in. It gets into creepy weirdo territory when you start following them on twitter and yelling at them for not picking your team or doing something bad in a game.

^This is the best synopsis of how to watch HS football possible. Enjoy really sick youtube highlight reels of guys who will sell insurance in a few months getting juked out by future heisman winners and stay the gently caress away from the kids personally

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

The whole recruiting thing weirds me out so much that I try to pay zero attention to it until signing day, and then its more like opening a pack of baseball cards to see who we got.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think it's just better to stay on the team's side of things. Listen/read about what the team thinks about the players they want and go along with that. If you get them, great, if not oh well. The baseball cards is a good analogy. They're not anything 'real' until they're on the team.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Joey Freshwater posted:

I think it's just better to stay on the team's side of things. Listen/read about what the team thinks about the players they want and go along with that. If you get them, great, if not oh well. The baseball cards is a good analogy. They're not anything 'real' until they're on the team.

It also helps you avoid sasdraftprospectflowchart.jpg.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Twitter search for Cam humbled

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

gohuskies posted:

Twitter search for Cam humbled

It is about 50-50 between "Cam was humbled" and "boy, white people sure are about to claim Cam is being humbled".

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Not a post, per se...but there seems to be this grassroots herb protest movement somewhat forming here in NY to go down to NFL headquarters in Manhattan and make a stink about Beyonce and her SB performance.

Yes, the same people that generally call in to Sports Talk are doing this because Rudy Giuliani pointed it out to them.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

On FSU's music selection for the spring game:

quote:

...the hip/hop/rap/whatever appeals to a select audience (and, ironically, the audience that likely provides the least financial support of FSU and the athletics program)....

quote:

If the playas be lissnin to the music they ain't lissnin to the coaches and in the game, know what I'm sayin?

Do they stop and listen to the Fight Song? Oh HELL no.

Before the game starts at DCS the music is pure rap. I don't hate it but how about a mix?
Those of us in the stands who write the checks like to hear some rock n roll 60's or even Motown. It could be a fun way to recognize the alums in the stands by asking everyone who was at FSU when such and such was a hit to stand up.

A little Junior Walker and the All Stars gets the old farts up and going. You all know that music cause you grew up hearing it in the backseat of your parents cars on the way to soccer practice amirite? Mom had on the oldies station, admit it.
80's when they played Eye of the Tiger? Pure memory lane.

Students aren't in the stands yet - we know that. They're so drunk when they stumble in its all noise anyway. (NTTAWWT)

I've been in favor of a little mixing it up at Doak for years.​

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I wish I were bigoted enough to need to shorten "not that there's anything wrong with that" because I say it so often

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Is it okay to post horrible football posts from other subforums?

FAUXTON posted:

Pretty much. Florida is kind of like college football's SEC when it comes to politics. Sure someone in FL state politics might look competent inside that fishbowl, but you dump them into the national scene and they're either a wuerffel or a manziel but never a manning, marino, testaverde or even really much of a brady level player. They're just good for lighting money on fire by the millions.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, and Brett Favre all played in the SEC.

emphasis mine

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

Is it okay to post horrible football posts from other subforums?

emphasis mine

Not emphasizing that Brett Favre played in Conference-USA (or whatever Southern Miss was a part of in the early 90s)?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'm confused. Eli played in the sec but Brett didn't so...?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I didn't realize ole miss wasn't in the sec back in the day. I debated including Eli, but I still think he's better than JFF and Weurffle.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Ole Miss was a founding SEC member and Southern Miss has never been in the SEC

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I am so confused right now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Man I got my mississippi schools mixed up.

So is Peyton really the only good QB to ever really come from the SEC?

EDIT: I forgot about Cam. So Cam and Peyton then.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 23, 2016

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus Christ it's fitting your name is appearing in this thread but not as someone who willfully posts

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Man I got my mississippi schools mixed up.

So is Peyton really the only good QB to ever really come from the SEC?

Uh, the reigning MVP of the league played for two SEC schools.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Mods? Can we change this thread title to "Mr. Nice! Posts from this football forum"?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The only good SEC QB was Rohan Davey.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

CharlestheHammer posted:

The only good SEC QB was Rohan Davey.

I would have accepted Ken Stabler.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

CharlestheHammer posted:

The only good SEC QB was Rohan Davey Jared Lorenzen.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

The only good SEC QB was our lord and savior Tebow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
These posts are fitting for the thread, IMO.

• Locked thread