Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/kennycollins88/status/695739911706689536

His poll average on RCP right now is 5th place, btw.

I guess that explains why Bush redirected most of his attack ads to Trump. Wonder if Romney might endorse Rubio before Tuesday as well now too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mitt Romney posted:

Wonder if Romney might endorse Rubio before Tuesday as well now too.

Well make a decision bucko

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, if Jeb only said he'd "reconsider" than I don't think it changes anything. If Kasich and Christie do badly and drop out than I imagine Jeb will hang around and try to pick up their small numbers and become the #4 guy. But if Kasich and Rubio do well and Jeb ends up buried back with Carly while the field stays big then it just gets more and more pointless and embarrassing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I expect there's some humiliation fetish people who are going to bring Jeb Bush roleplay into the bedroom.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

¿Jeb? needs an intervention. There's no shame in spending the rest of your life as a board member of a few corporations and charities. Maybe make a few bucks as a lobbyist or public speaking. That's how George eked out a living before he became TX governor. Back in the days when he was considered the dumb one.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Pick posted:

I expect there's some humiliation fetish people who are going to bring Jeb Bush roleplay into the bedroom.

People will go to a dominatrix and say "I want the full Jeb"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Jeb has no chance but if I were to play devil's advocate and try to find a path for him I guess it has to be Kasich, Christie, and Carly all failing in NH and dropping out and Rubio having a weak enough performance so he doesn't reinforce his spot as the establishment guy. He should probably be pulling hard for Trump to crush Cruz and Rubio and keep the field open enough for him to sneak in with a 4th place finish.

I don't think that really has much of a chance of happening or that it would really bring Jeb any closer to the presidency. I think his chances died in Iowa when he did so badly while Cruz and Rubio moved up. But if I was deluded and trying to find a reason to stay in I think that's probably the only one I can come up with.

If Rubio has a strong performance and/or Kasich does well enough to justify hanging around Jeb's just out of any hopes, though. So I imagine that's when he'd "reconsider" things.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
enjoy jeb's WWE entrance video

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I may be alone but I love this guy. He's a common enemy for republicans and democrats. He's clearly won at this whole capitalism thing, raising the price of the drugs he owned was 100% his legal right but economic conservatives who love the free market more than their own mothers have to act like he's some kind of monster. It's also a nice bonus that you couldn't write a less likable douchey Wall Street villain. You may not agree with the Koch brothers politics but they come off as semi normal in interviews and give millions to charity.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

TheTatteredKing posted:

Anyone following Trump can tell he isn't though. The amount of times his tune has changed around shows he's just winging it and has no convictions he's fighting for other than him being huge and great.

Same with Bernie really, both are really good at exuding authenticity while being calculating and pragmatic.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

On interviews they come off as everyday guys. In practice they'll assemble dossiers on journalists critical of them. They'll give colleges funding but that funding means changes to curriculum thats slanted to their dogma. Literally, they are trying to wind back all the labor rights we've made I the last century.

E: They've been very cool about criminal justice reform. They seem very true to most aspects of libertarianism.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 6, 2016

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
From an LA Times reporter

"I just talked to a voter who thought Rubio won the Iowa caucuses. "He didn't win? So what the hell is he celebrating about?""

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Next season's True Detective intro looks like it's gonna be weird.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Automatic Slim posted:

On interviews they come off as everyday guys. In practice they'll assemble dossiers on journalists critical of them. They'll give colleges funding but that funding means changes to curriculum thats slanted to their dogma. Literally, they are trying to wind back all the labor rights we've made I the last century.

E: They've been very cool about criminal justice reform. They seem very true to most aspects of libertarianism.

Lol what

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Next season's True Detective intro looks like it's gonna be weird.

I think you mean the next season of American Horror Story :colbert:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Mitt Romney posted:

I guess that explains why Bush redirected most of his attack ads to Trump. Wonder if Romney might endorse Rubio before Tuesday as well now too.

Talking in the 3rd person; possible glitch in the firmware?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 228 days!

mike12345 posted:

People will go to a dominatrix and say "I want the full Jeb"

Responsible doms will, of course, ensure that the client is aware of and ready for the extreme experience they are requesting.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Hodgepodge posted:

Responsible doms will, of course, ensure that the client is aware of and ready for the extreme experience they are requesting before putting the barbara bush mask on.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Tainen posted:

From an LA Times reporter

"I just talked to a voter who thought Rubio won the Iowa caucuses. "He didn't win? So what the hell is he celebrating about?""

The GOPe/media machine in a nutshell. Too perfect.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
I wonder who most Americans, if asked, would say were the top 3 in Iowa. I'm guessing maybe

1. Rubio
2. Cruz
3. Trump?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

William Bear posted:

I wonder who most Americans, if asked, would say were the top 3 in Iowa. I'm guessing maybe

1. Rubio
2. Cruz
3. Trump?

You should tweet PPP and tell them to ask this.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

it'd be tough to put it in a full poll because either you ask it first and skew the results of the rest of the poll or you ask it after the question where you rattle off all the people running for the primary, skewing the results of the iowa question

maybe you could only ask the people whose responses to the first few questions don't pass your likely voter screening or w/e, so you're getting the normal poll on one hand and a one-question 'what do politically disengaged people think happened in iowa?' poll on the other. on the face of it that seems like it would work

i bet you'd get a lot of bush answers just because some people would be hard-pressed to come up with three names they think were running in the thing

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Pillowpants posted:

You should tweet PPP and tell them to ask this.

I just did but pile on, the world needs this poll.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

oystertoadfish posted:

it'd be tough to put it in a full poll because either you ask it first and skew the results of the rest of the poll or you ask it after the question where you rattle off all the people running for the primary, skewing the results of the iowa question

maybe you could only ask the people whose responses to the first few questions don't pass your likely voter screening or w/e, so you're getting the normal poll on one hand and a one-question 'what do politically disengaged people think happened in iowa?' poll on the other. on the face of it that seems like it would work

i bet you'd get a lot of bush answers just because some people would be hard-pressed to come up with three names they think were running in the thing

Nah, just ask who they think won Iowa. No need to follow up or tell them the right answer. That way it doesn't screw up subsequent questions, and you can even crosstab to see who the uninformed voters are supporting.

It needs to happen.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

William Bear posted:

1. Rubio
2. Cruz
3. Trump?

Are you giving respondents a list, or allowing for free response?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

mdemone posted:

Nah, just ask who they think won Iowa. No need to follow up or tell them the right answer. That way it doesn't screw up subsequent questions, and you can even crosstab to see who the uninformed voters are supporting.

It needs to happen.

If people who thought Rubio won make up much of the surge, the media is gonna get crucified.

PLEASE DO IT PPP (maybe tweet other pollsters too?)

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Are you giving respondents a list, or allowing for free response?

I would say a list of those 3, randomized, and make sure they feel confident and aren't guessing.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

mdemone posted:

It needs to happen.

I think the idea is that even asking the question could affect the answers to subsequent questions, and it's not worth running a poll just to ask which candidate people think won in Iowa.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Oiled and Ready posted:

I would say a list of those 3, randomized, and make sure they feel confident and aren't guessing.

Some will still be guessing, if you're just intending to poll all citizens (rather than just people who are at least sort of following the primary).

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Some will still be guessing, if you're just intending to poll all citizens (rather than just people who are at least sort of following the primary).

Just ask the Iowa tracking poll?

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Boston Globe interview with Bush here

quote:

LACONIA, N.H. -— Sitting on his campaign bus — laptop, turkey jerky, and coffee all nearby — Jeb Bush was befuddled over his campaign’s failure to capture more attention in the news media.

“I could drop my pants,” he said in an interview. “Moon the whole crowd. Everybody would be aghast, except the press guys would never notice.”
turkey jerky

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Xenophon posted:

Boston Globe interview with Bush here

turkey jerky

The saddest thing is his polls would improve if he did.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Gentlemen, I bring you XCOM: Presidential Edition 2016. Thus far, we've gone through the first mission of the game, Gatecrashing Iowa, with no two casualties. RIP Rand Paul and Rick Santorum; you will be missed.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adar posted:

Gentlemen, I bring you XCOM: Presidential Edition 2016. Thus far, we've gone through the first mission of the game, Gatecrashing Iowa, with no two casualties. RIP Rand Paul and Rick Santorum; you will be missed.

Bravo :downsbravo:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
What about Kasich and Carson? Did they fall (asleep)?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Not a huge surprise. The man who wrote the articles of impeachment against Clinton and defended Baby Doc Duvalier endorses Ted Cruz.

https://twitter.com/bobbarr/status/696119936566038528

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Adar posted:

You just made my day

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Rincewinds posted:

What about Kasich and Carson? Did they fall (asleep)?

They may or may not become reinforcements provided they haven't dropped out by then.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Adar posted:

This is a good post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Young Orc

• Locked thread