Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

sixty quid hardback!! Poke that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Endie posted:

that said at any given point this thread is probably only a matter of days and a few provocative posts away from a tweetfleet slack-style red pen broadcasted invasion

Honestly I'm still unsure why the tweetfleet slack was ever invaded

Doesn't mittani have enough chatrooms to consume his personal time already?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Haquer posted:

That's another program to load, in conjunction with Jabber and Mumble and to a lesser extent Eve

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Oodles posted:

That's another program to load, in conjunction with Jabber and Mumble and to a lesser extent Eve

There's an XMPP/IRC gateway for optimizing your :goon: needs. Can do it all within Pidgin/whatever IRC client.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Eonwe posted:

its sad that the Bernie supporter thinks im an idiot when I got the sanderistas tag added to SA

JERK!!!!!!!!!!

Hi friend,

Not all Bernie supporters are awesome like us. Keep that in mind.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
True

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Eonwe posted:

its too bad because I don't want to do the spaceship part EVE part, but I'd love to do the FPS / dogfighting stuff in a way that could potentially impact the larger universe

21 day free trial. Give it a try, you may enjoy it and it wont cost you a dime.

The worst thing that can happen, is you like it and end up subscribing.

Yeah.. you might not want to try it after all.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Siets posted:

I've come around on Eonwe. His always-start-lowercase-chilldude-niceguy-posts are like the good in-between beers betwixt all the usual dank imperial pale ale favored spergposts and slapfights that otherwise go on in here. :shobon:

Eonwe's a good poster and I miss in particular brand of posting in the Bernie thread.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
This post has been noticed by sempai. :munch:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Haquer posted:

It's important to tell people over and over how much you don't care about them, any less attention and people would confuse it with caring about them, see?

Mittani sat in that slack asking "when did you stop beating your wife see this secret change to the whitepaper" was a bit awkward.
I can't see what he's trying to achieve because he's about the only person who cares.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Haquer posted:

Interesting question. Some people just can't stop the hurfing and blurfing here about a game they haven't been involved with for an eternity without any regard to their personal time. Why shouldn't the others who are actually involved with the game sign themselves up for a game related slack?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Reverand maynard posted:

also I mean why would I play a loving mediocre FPS when TF2 and PS2 are both free

If there was a wrecking eve sperglords poo poo meta people might. You might be able to do that if there isn't a console barrier to entry. But CCP would gently caress it up.

Varial
Dec 5, 2015

Haquer posted:

Are people still butt blasted about Goons in the tweetfleet slack?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Varial posted:

I don't think that will be stopping any time. Ever.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Varial posted:

Dunno I have no plans of going on there

And then you have like one True Believer In The Fall Of Goons who is captain pitts in zulu (the one trolled out of gsf jabber, yes) and that's about the only person I see hurfing about goons personally

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

That slackchat is all Taylor Swift gifs, regurgitated 4 chan, 8 chan , 9gag memes and terrible pubbies vying for developer attention.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

crew posted:

That slackchat is all Taylor Swift gifs, regurgitated 4 chan, 8 chan , 9gag memes and terrible pubbies vying for developer attention.

Sounds like my ideal date

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Haquer posted:

Dunno I have no plans of going on there

And then you have like one True Believer In The Fall Of Goons who is captain pitts in zulu (the one trolled out of gsf jabber, yes) and that's about the only person I see hurfing about goons personally

I did good work stomping on that insanely hardcore apple fan

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I did good work stomping on that insanely hardcore apple fan

If the admins of zulu didn't like him he'd be gone from there too

As it is, whenever he steps outside his knowledge zone and talks poo poo about things I know about I beat him back into his place :v:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Haquer posted:

As it is, whenever he steps outside his knowledge zone and talks poo poo about things I know about I beat him back into his place :v:

why do they like him, he's more insufferable than i am when i try to be

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why do you dislike Taylor Swift gifs? She's a national treasure and a voice of a generation.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Haquer posted:

have i said i missed you lately

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Why do you dislike Taylor Swift gifs? She's a national treasure and a voice of a generation.

i like to forget that she exists

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Unfunny Poster posted:

Thunderbro posted:

i like to forget that she exists

New York
It's waiting for you
In the bushes
With a knife

(I'm not a fan.)

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

crew posted:

Don't forget :seizure:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Foehammer007 posted:

have i said i missed you lately

hi foehammer :swoon:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

So ncdot just killed one of their own titans. Some HiFi (ex-kadeshi) guy was red-flagged for non-pvp participation because he only flies logi. He made a buttmad post on ncdot forums and was roundly mocked.

This made him upset that his spacebros would treat him this way and he may or may not have mental or depression issues. I guess they tried to talk him down but he was determined to suicide his titan into LSH so they killed him.

I'm not gonna link le reddit but its there on the front page https://zkillboard.com/kill/51842031/ Just elite pvp things

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

crew posted:

So ncdot just killed one of their own titans. Some HiFi (ex-kadeshi) guy was red-flagged for non-pvp participation because he only flies logi. He made a buttmad post on ncdot forums and was roundly mocked.

This made him upset that his spacebros would treat him this way and he may or may not have mental or depression issues. I guess they tried to talk him down but he was determined to suicide his titan into LSH so they killed him.

I'm not gonna link le reddit but its there on the front page https://zkillboard.com/kill/51842031/ Just elite pvp things

:doh:
i was wondering what the story was.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

crew posted:

Some HiFi (ex-kadeshi) guy was red-flagged for non-pvp participation because he only flies logi. He made a buttmad post on ncdot forums and was roundly mocked.
I don't understand this red flag thing. What is that? Are they saying he's not PVP'ing because he doesn't have killmails?

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Daler Mehndi posted:

I don't understand this red flag thing. What is that? Are they saying he's not PVP'ing because he doesn't have killmails?

He should pay tenbux to join the cool kids club

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Daler Mehndi posted:

Yes they utilize the same advanced participation metrics as PL = x amount of killmails per month or get out.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

crew posted:

Yes they utilize the same advanced participation metrics as PL = x amount of killmails per month or get out.

Killmails, bunch of goofs...

Don't they know you determine the value of a person by their post? :smugbert:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

crew posted:

Why bother joining a PvP Alliance if you're not interested in PvP?

crew posted:

Well, a terrible pubbie is responsible for the Bastion modules for Marauders- what's the worst that could happen?

Wait- we know what that is- they get hired by CCP and we get to experience a newly defined variant of 'balanced'.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 7, 2016

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

Well, a terrible pubbie is responsible for the Bastion modules for Marauders- what's the worst that could happen?

Wait- we know what that is- they get hired by CCP and we get to experience a newly defined variant of 'balanced'.

Well the problem in this case was: the dude was a pr0 logi pilot who joined mad pvp fleets but he either didnt fit a whoregun or get on enough mails. The system failed, he got earmarked for purging then he lost his poo poo and his titan.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

In an advanced alliance like the Goonswarm Federation his contributions would be duly noted and celebrated :shobon:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

crew posted:

Well the problem in this case was: the dude was a pr0 logi pilot who joined mad pvp fleets but he either didnt fit a whoregun or get on enough mails. The system failed, he got earmarked for purging then he lost his poo poo and his titan.

To be fair, NC. is full of incompetents that don't really have any real 'enjoyment' from playing the game except to circlejerk about how loving awesome they are- in a nutshell it's just one group of idiots patting each other on the back about how much better they are than anyone else inside their own little safe space- besides, if you can just kick anyone out that points out that you're just as poo poo at EVE as just about everyone else in the goddamn game, nobody can rain on their parade.

I'd say that the leadership in smaller alliances (if your fleets never break 100 pilots on average, congratulations, this is you) should have a pretty decent understanding of who regularly volunteers to play space priest, stock doctrine ships/ammo/boosters, or do any of the other mind numbingly poo poo tasks keeping an alliance running entails; but thankfully- we have NC. to consistently point out how not to run an alliance, treat it's members, handle money moons or fly alliance tournament ships.

TL;DR Never trust anyone that says they're 'good at EVE'.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

TL;DR Never trust anyone that says they're 'good at EVE'.

I'm good at EVE but I operate with the understanding that literally nothing matters any longer. You can kill 25 Supers in an evening and it makes no difference, everyone has enough liquid isk to replace it easily. I've become one of those :effort: players that just no longer cares about in game actions, it's honestly more fun to troll players. Unfortunately most of the EVE community is pretty seasoned now so scamming and trolling has become less viable.

The people who put a shitload of effort into EVE these days really really confuse the hell out of me. I question whether or not they're sane or just suffering from autism.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

YouTuber posted:

EVE ... autism.

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Tactical destroyers, or Tassies if you want to abbreviate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Xolve posted:

Mostly the people who will disagree here don't see their alliance as "a PVP alliance" but rather their alliance no matter what they want to do. If we want to go on fleets 12 hours a day for 6 months, then mine for 6 months we can, we don't have some shitlord saying we aren't playing the game right during period 2.

• Locked thread