Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
http://imgur.com/a/IWqHI

here are some more images. some have already been posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Tuskin38 posted:

http://imgur.com/a/IWqHI

here are some more images. some have already been posted.

Science Odyssey continues the Cryptic tradition of looking the best and most normal of the three.

I thought I'd be way into these but honestly they're all fairly uninspiring.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I find the ops Oddy intriguing. I need to see more, but the wide saucer feels like a bit of a throwback to TNG design.

And if nothing else, non-tapering nacelles will do wonders added to the T5 Oddy skin.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

g0del posted:

Cryptic would have to try pretty hard to make a T6 scim worse.

They did make it Command spec

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

FuturePastNow posted:

Hey, command totally has a useful skill.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I cannot emphasise how much the best part of this will be not having to see John Eaves's worst excesses flying around anywhere near as much.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

FuturePastNow posted:

You have a point.

Is it just my faulty memory, or has Cryptic been really pushing command spec z-store ships lately?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

g0del posted:

You have a point.

Is it just my faulty memory, or has Cryptic been really pushing command spec z-store ships lately?

They flirted with pilot seating for a little while and put intel seats on the T6 Avenger, but they went back to Command pretty fast.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Thematically, command spec fits the big cruisers they've been releasing.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Pubbies fukkin love big cruisers.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Pubbies loving love Command spec ships for some reason too. Saw lots of complaints about the fed carrier being Intel. :ughh:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Asimo posted:

Pubbies loving love Command spec ships for some reason too. Saw lots of complaints about the fed carrier being Intel. :ughh:

I talked about this earlier. It's because things like bombing run don't scale, so they don't scale down, which benefits people who are terrible players.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

wdarkk posted:

Pubbies fukkin love big cruisers.

Man, remember when the Galaxy was big?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
I wonder if they're ever going to release another spec, or if that's another thing they're not doing anymore. They waited too long if they want specs to be something people grind for - I think most of the regulars are sitting on large banks of unspent spec points by now.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gotta justify that T&A

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

wdarkk posted:

I talked about this earlier. It's because things like bombing run don't scale, so they don't scale down, which benefits people who are terrible players.
Yeah, that makes a depressing sort of sense. Same reason they're so obsessed with having dedicated tanks around, since they can't build a ship able to survive.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

Yeah, that makes a depressing sort of sense. Same reason they're so obsessed with having dedicated tanks around, since they can't build a ship able to survive.
I always thought the tank obsession was just their complete inability to accept anything other than the holy tank/DPS/healer trinity. I can't imagine they actually need a tank - they generally don't draw enough aggro to get shot at.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Well that's part of it too, but the only reason it's persisted this long is due to idiots with bad builds exploding when so much as a sphere looks at them. :geno:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
They make command ships because pubbies fancy themselves "commanders" in their fantasy while they jack off over their bridge bunnies.

Those T6 flagships aren't terrible. At all. The romulan one is outright sexy looking. Pity it's saddled with a singularity core but I suppose you can't have everything.

If I still played my romulan character then I'd pay cash money for one. But I don't because alts have been terrible since Delta hit. Guess I'm keeping drinking that fifty bucks.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

DancingShade posted:

If I still played my romulan character then I'd pay cash money for one. But I don't because alts have been terrible since Delta hit.

Why would you ever entertain the idea of spending real money on this game

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Logged in for the first time in three months. Grabbed myself a Tarantula, then realized I never got the Warp Core out of the Iconian set. Upgraded it to Mk. XIII, went ultra. Upgraded it to Mk. XIV, nothing. Upgraded it one more time, Epic. I am Preechr, blessed apostle of RNGsus. Now to log out for the next six months.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Psycho Landlord posted:

Why would you ever entertain the idea of spending real money on this game

:shrug:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Preechr posted:

Logged in for the first time in three months. Grabbed myself a Tarantula, then realized I never got the Warp Core out of the Iconian set. Upgraded it to Mk. XIII, went ultra. Upgraded it to Mk. XIV, nothing. Upgraded it one more time, Epic. I am Preechr, blessed apostle of RNGsus. Now to log out for the next six months.

Did you remember to pick up the amazing year 6 party popper and new anniversary ship with your scrooge-mcduck-esque lobi vault?

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
Borticus visited a Twitch stream chat yesterday and suggested the latest changes to kemocite (lower proc, damage and removal of crits) were unintentional. If this means that kemocite will end up getting buffed from its current state, is something best left unsaid.

Oh, and lootcritter was on the same stream.

Nita posted:

Can't please anyone, can I?
:(

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Tunicate posted:

Gotta justify that T&A

Someone entered him into my "worst pubbie bio" contest. He got incredibly angry and offended, then went on a racist rant about the benefits of slavery. I don't know if there's a pastebin floating around or not.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tarantula pvp :madmax:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Pv-whatnow?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
What's gonna happen to the game when they run out of ships to make T6 versions of?

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Buschmaki posted:

What's gonna happen to the game when they run out of ships to make T6 versions of?

Presumably they'll start in on T7 versions of everything.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Soviet Commubot posted:

C-store T6U tokens for your existing T6 ships first.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Soviet Commubot posted:

They will absolutely make T7 everything.

I hope people still trying to play multiple alts break down and cry in public.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

You can now upgrade items to MkXVI.

Items still do not drop beyond MkXII.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Greetings captains! As part of our season revamp we're introducing an additional currency to streamline purchases, namely doubly refined dilithium!

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Somepeople like lore

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9782073-star-trek-online%3A-in-the-purview-of-diplomats

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

You can now upgrade items to MkXVI.

Items still do not drop beyond MkXII.
Kit modules still cannot be upgraded.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
We should have a One-Year Remembrance Giveaway on Vulcan the 27th. Nimoy trivia, with minor prizes (party horns), and one nice lockbox ship as a grand prize. Nimoy trivia questions cannot be Trek-related.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

DonDoodles posted:

Someone entered him into my "worst pubbie bio" contest. He got incredibly angry and offended, then went on a racist rant about the benefits of slavery. I don't know if there's a pastebin floating around or not.

I wonder if this dalek nanite poo poo and shouting exterminate is related to that Doctor Who/Star Trek crossover comic from a while back.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

DonDoodles posted:

We should have a One-Year Remembrance Giveaway on Vulcan the 27th. Nimoy trivia, with minor prizes (party horns), and one nice lockbox ship as a grand prize. Nimoy trivia questions cannot be Trek-related.

So trivia only about his photography?

Spoilered for NSFW art

Mondian fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 10, 2016

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nimoy has photos of all six female pubbies? :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Tunicate posted:

Nimoy has photos of all six female pubbies? :monocle:

:eyepoop: :vince:

• Locked thread