Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

YOTC posted:

Well I was gonna do sorceress but jesus christ. are they still that invincible? :eonwe:
Not sure about Korea, still such on Russia, making it the flavour of cactus local turbospergs are eating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Godmode Enabled posted:

SC thread is leaking, even in a sub sub forum. None will be spared from the stempire :ohdear:

Long live the stimpire!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

So from watching videos on youtube and browsing through the forums a little I have come to see this game has no END GAME PVE content what so ever.

There is no Dungeons (instanced) or Raids ( 10+ player bosses) besides the select few World Bosses, I know a huge amount of players would LOVE to see this added.

Coming from World Of Warcraft myself I am hoping that eventually ( maybe 3 months after launch or less ) we have some actual content besides mobs we grind to level.

PvP is fun and all but there has to be more to the game , I have pre ordered the game and am still going to play a poo poo ton when released as I spent 100$ on the drat thing.

WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE

- About 10 5-man instanced Dungeons with Multiple bosses that would roughly take an hour to do with game play mechanics that are semi-challenging to the player base
- Atleast 2 Raids for 10-30 players (basically massive dungeons that take days to complete and are even more challenging)

This content can easily be added at a later date after launch as players are going to have to reach near max level to do them.

So from here I'd like to hear what types of PvE content is missing and would like to be seen by YOU THE PLAYERS.

NOTE: BALANCE OF PVP/PVE GAMEPLAY IS KEY FOR MOST PEOPLE TO PLAY AN MMO FOR YEARS AS WELL AS A GOOD STREAM OF CONTENT

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

kalstrams posted:

I think an Optional Subscription Service for Black Desert Online will be great for those that prefer to play that way.

• Players that subscribe will support Black Desert Online development.
  • Players that opt to B2P, will choose how much this game is worth.
By being optional, it's not forcing players to pay a monthly fee. This will make the game a hybrid B2P/Subscription model. Both type of players will be supporting Black Desert Online, that means more content can be created faster.

Now for example, just look at Star Citizen, https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/subscriptions it is B2P, and it has an optional subscription model for those that want to utilize it. "The additional revenues also fund the development and release of subscriber-exclusive perks and merchandise." I see no reason why Black Desert Online can't take this approach.

Think about it. More revenue creates more content, and that content can be delivered to us at a much faster rate.

What do you think?

Chronicles of Elyria is the perfect MMO model I think. If you don't know about Elyria, basically it's based on genetics/bloodlines and your character will die of old age. You pay for new lives ($30), depending on your play style, your character could last quite a long time, but the average will be 10-12 months. I wish more games would go this route. Even if they get a niche audience, they have revenue from new sales and retained user base.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/435-DJ-6-Character-Customization-and-Bloodlines

It's the best of both worlds. No cash shop, b2p

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Chronicles of Elyria is the perfect MMO model I think. If you don't know about Elyria, basically it's based on genetics/bloodlines and your character will die of old age. You pay for new lives ($30), depending on your play style, your character could last quite a long time, but the average will be 10-12 months. I wish more games would go this route. Even if they get a niche audience, they have revenue from new sales and retained user base.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/435-DJ-6-Character-Customization-and-Bloodlines
You know, I was just quoting someone on brown forums acid for relating to Star Citizen in a positive light while not discussing the optimal strategy to scam people from Portland.

This Elyria thing though sounds cool, but I'll be really surprised if it dies a feature complete game.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

kalstrams posted:

You know, I was just quoting someone on brown forums acid for relating to Star Citizen in a positive light while not discussing the optimal strategy to scam people from Portland.

I know, I'm just bringing it up because Black Desert is going to suffer from this problem just as Guild Wars 1/2 did. They're going to have launch sales, and maybe a steady stream of new users, but it's not guaranteed any of those players will spend a dollar more.

If the game turns out good and they sustain it throughout the year, they'll essentially get another "launch sale".

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
didn't the super desert region add in dungeons on KR?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

didn't the super desert region add in dungeons on KR?
Two dungeons, and an open world raid boss, yes, as well as special mobs in the desert. Also, a landwhale.

Edit2: Two open world raid bosses, in fact.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 13, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am ok with a lack of pve content, but that just means we have to create more pvp content, and well, we have a drinkfist around here somewhere

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I didn't think it'd be that easy to start stupid forums slang.

Also every mention of acid makes me miss LSD.:ducksiren:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I am ok with a lack of pve content, but that just means we have to create more pvp content, and well, we have a drinkfist around here somewhere

What the gently caress is that supposed to mean? Just because I disassembled the largest guild in Swordsman Online singlehandedly doesn't mean it will be as easy here. For starters there isn't a guild vault to try to rob. I will have to think of new more annoying ways to destroy a guild leader's marriage.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You can always destroy a guild with neglect. Invite tons of goons, then invite some pubbies, don't promote anyone to officer rank or give anyone else invite privileges. Then just don't log on for a few weeks and let nature take its course.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DancingShade posted:

You can always destroy a guild with neglect. Invite tons of goons, then invite some pubbies, don't promote anyone to officer rank or give anyone else invite privileges. Then just don't log on for a few weeks and let nature take its course.
Weeks?!

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

kalstrams posted:

Epistemes are plentiful, and some of us do play right now, be it Korea, Japan, or Russia. +20 is :suicide: but also irrelevant to the experience rate, which is one of the regional differences.

Edit:
I love BDO
Just watch the following video, at least the first two minutes of it without skipping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ2zZWZwY6A

Holy poo poo wtf is even happening with that ui.

Jimlit fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 14, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Touche.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

:pgabz:

Happy early Valentines!

Maybe if we make enough of a stink during cbt2, they'll restore player to player trading and... I dunno... meaningful character/guild interactions.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Fuckin' lol.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

RedTonic posted:

:pgabz:

Happy early Valentines!

Maybe if we make enough of a stink during cbt2, they'll restore player to player trading and... I dunno... meaningful character/guild interactions.

Launch is less than a month away. The systems required to unfuck the game are massive (Even though one programmer could dig up the old patches and restore it.) The Business end of things would require the NA Devs demanding it and the Korean devs pulling their heads out of their asses. The guys making the money will easily say "Get hosed" and count their money for the next few months before proclaiming that the NA release just wasnt popular and then move on to dick up someone elses project for short profit gains with absolutely no plans for the future.

No way in hell the game will be going anywhere close to good. Lucky for me though as I only play bad games. Good games are a myth. Passed down by our ancestors who invented shuffleboard and lemon racing.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Drinkfist posted:

No way in hell the game will be going anywhere close to good. Lucky for me though as I only play bad games. Good games are a myth. Passed down by our ancestors who invented shuffleboard and lemon racing.

drat it, I wanted to double up on good news today, be optimistic, that kinda poo poo.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Another vote for me as guild leader, I see.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

Launch is less than a month away. The systems required to unfuck the game are massive (Even though one programmer could dig up the old patches and restore it.) The Business end of things would require the NA Devs demanding it and the Korean devs pulling their heads out of their asses. The guys making the money will easily say "Get hosed" and count their money for the next few months before proclaiming that the NA release just wasnt popular and then move on to dick up someone elses project for short profit gains with absolutely no plans for the future.

This is the way it is and Daum knows it. Idiots on the Black Desert forums are already hyping up their next published game (Bless Online, another generic Korean themepark). If I could poo poo out localizations and have people hype up the next thing before release, I'd do the same thing.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

RedTonic posted:

drat it, I wanted to double up on good news today, be optimistic, that kinda poo poo.

Motherfuckers never learn. Make a world for someone to live in and they will keep players around. Make a single player game and people are just gonna beat it and leave.

All the parts to make a world MMO have been made across many games. Some like this one have all the parts there but refuse to allow it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Motherfuckers never learn. Make a world for someone to live in and they will keep players around. Make a single player game and people are just gonna beat it and leave.

All the parts to make a world MMO have been made across many games. Some like this one have all the parts there but refuse to allow it.

What's worse - that it keeps happening or that we're aware of it and keep playing the drat things regardless like the gormless chumps we are?

Trick question because the answer to nearly any MMO related question is a fresh pile of cow manure sticking to the bottom of your boot.

We then walk across the non dry cleanable white carpet that was once our sense of self respect.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

lol at the broken people that must play every mmo or can't stop playing all mmos for any given length of time

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

lol at the broken people that must play every mmo or can't stop playing all mmos for any given length of time

But what if the next one is good!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

amusinginquiry posted:

I'm sure [next game] will be the one! I'm buying the [$value] founder package right away.

I'm positive I won't regret it this time.

-every goon in this subforum

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

amusinginquiry posted:

Certainly not Bless Online then, even by my standards where best PvP game without spaceships is Lineage 2 C4.

Jimlit posted:

Holy poo poo wtf is even happening with that ui.
Eh, it is a bit messy, but you get used to it quickly, and it's fairly customizable. Besides that, it's the Korean version of the game with artisanal Russian translation so text placement is not exactly good.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

DancingShade posted:

I'm sure [next game] will be the one! I'm buying the [$value] founder package right away.

I'm positive I won't regret it this time.

-every goon in this subforum

It's this or actual gambling, and you see how much we lose.

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007
Apparently they're giving away 10,000 beta keys from some site on their facebook page. This was posted 40 minutes ago, but the server for it went down. https://www.facebook.com/BlackDesertOnline/ Trying to get one more for my SO so we can play together but if you want to test your luck and patience, there's the link!

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
I just got an email with a code from blackdesertonline dot com. If I got a code chances are everyone did :v:

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Here's a thing for some jerk to take: 1346-B4C9-A5A8-4FAC-AB4C

Blazolie
Mar 19, 2006
I joined the SA forums and all I got was this title text.

Presteign posted:

Here's a thing for some jerk to take: 1346-B4C9-A5A8-4FAC-AB4C
Thank you!

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!
I got a code for someone. Message me.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Wait, there's no trading of items from player to player?

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!
Nope. That means goon fuckery is going to be very hard. Anyone have ideas?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

vrath posted:

We'll figure something out.

Whatever upsets and enrages people, we'll be there.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

vrath posted:

Browse the official forums for a bit. Goons will probably piss off half of the server just by existing.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
DBC2-D2DB-6BA4-414A-B33A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

I mean, it makes sense. This entire generation's first MMO was World of Warcraft. They hear stories about EVE, become a little intrigued, look up gameplay and call it boring.

Explaining a sandbox MMO is like trying to explain a color to a blind person, they have no frame of reference. Luckily, Minecraft and DayZ have been the most successful multiplayer titles to come out in years, but it takes years to develop these things so there is something in development that we know about or will know about soon that'll take these mechanics into consideration.

Great video on the matter
https://youtube.com/watch?v=nvK8fua6O64