Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!

Blazing Zero posted:

what do you mean, you people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i63cgUeSsY0

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
The cool thing about discord is that literally anyone can set up a splinter server at any time so you can tell Kimsemus to go gently caress himself, pimp your own VOIP-fief, and spend all your time in mumble anyway.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

vrath posted:

As someone who has joined in the past year, I think that SA clans draw a certain type of person, and the culture of the people who game here defends itself from intrusion by its very nature. It's more likely that someone spais to just cause drama then joins in order to do so.

Some people just forget we spent :10bux: to post on an internet comedy forum. :toot:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can we just say gently caress it and go on to waiting for the next MMO already

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Probad posted:

The cool thing about discord is that literally anyone can set up a splinter server at any time so you can tell Kimsemus to go gently caress himself, pimp your own VOIP-fief, and spend all your time never playing games anyways.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

How often do you need to share files that you can't use googledocs or something instead for? How many times have you paid for mumble use for goons? Why the gently caress do we need authentication for anything?

Like, I don't care what kimsemus' intentions are because they don't matter to me. What matters is I have a thing that already works perfectly fine and does everything I want it to do and suddenly almost everywhere I look it's "new voip! come join us!" poo poo that I don't care about.

If you want to use discord cool, use discord. I'm going to use mumble until I can't anymore, and then I'll think about switching. Put both of them in the OP and then shut the gently caress up about it.

Well with that mentality we'd still be using Ventrilo. Why not adopt a newer, more efficient and arguably better technology, especially when it's free and being widely adopted?

Eonwe posted:

I want my blader, unless the next game is Moonlight Blade, I'm not gonna get my fix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucqLW9pul3U

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

im there but im also here, friend :eonwe:

wherever you go, there you are
- fart

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Eonwe posted:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Why is there always a comical race of short people? Can we not have an MMO where humans just slaughter each other wholesale as god intended?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

Why is there always a comical race of short people? Can we not have an MMO where humans just slaughter each other wholesale as god intended?

blame japan

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

im not playing that, absolutely irredeemable.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
anime is good

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

anime is good

If only they could make a good anime video game

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

anime is good

anime characters, western characters, coherent game theme

pick 2

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

anime characters, western characters, coherent game theme

pick 2

ill pick 3

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Loose Ifer posted:

If only they could make a good anime video game

they did, its called WCW NWO Revenge for the N64

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

can you ask ur dad if i can borrow it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

No, it's a game that has even less chances to fly than Black Desert.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

checks out, i remember creating superman in it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Loose Ifer posted:

can you ask ur dad if i can borrow it

sure!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im not going to lie unless we are doing something I'm going to mute all of you guys and listen to music anyway

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
once a channel gets more than like 10 people in it its just basically :goonsay:, hot mics, and :smug: anyway

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I just wanna play star fox 64 online

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

once a channel gets more than like 10 people in it its just basically :goonsay:, hot mics, and :smug: anyway

dont forget awkward goon meems

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

but to get back to the actual topic of the game, i want to know what the appeal of this game is? since they apparently neutered all the cool pvp stuff? i asked before but all i got was a 'nuh uh'

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

im not going to lie unless we are doing something I'm going to mute all of you guys and listen to music anyway

Let's make a cart radio channel

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

dont forget awkward goon meems
*enters the channel* "Guys, do you have stairs?"

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Looks like all these free giveaways are gone the instant they are posted. I'm not sure if I want to shell out for the $50 pack to get into the beta, is there any place a key can be bought (legit) for a few bucks? I've been burned on these founders packs before.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

As far as I can tell PVP is still there. I mean, you can even just straight up random pk, as long as you have an infrastructure in place to deal with the fact that you are now a perma crim. Add to that the ability to take over towns or whatever capture mechanics there are, and now you have an option to kill mens in the period before you can support becoming a man apart.

Also, It's beautiful, the combat seems good, and most importantly because I hate myself.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

vrath posted:

As far as I can tell PVP is still there. I mean, you can even just straight up random pk, as long as you have an infrastructure in place to deal with the fact that you are now a perma crim. Add to that the ability to take over towns or whatever capture mechanics there are, and now you have an option to kill mens in the period before you can support becoming a man apart.

Also, It's beautiful, the combat seems good, and most importantly because I hate myself.

Hello yes all of these things seem fun and things I like to do. Stabbing mans, then taking their things, I just wish there was a jury system like in AA where I could just be like "50s for innocent" and repeatedly get off the hook.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

but to get back to the actual topic of the game, i want to know what the appeal of this game is? since they apparently neutered all the cool pvp stuff? i asked before but all i got was a 'nuh uh'

Reason 1) You can still attack and kill any player above lvl 30 for any reason, if you are willing to eat (hopefully not so severe as in korean version) karma penalty. While most of the mechanics that would actually incentivize open world pvp are gone, the potential for fuckery is still there.

Reason 2) Combat is apparently really fun?

Reasons 3-1000) ??????????????????????????????????????? :shrug:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

The cool PvP stuff is getting somewhat unneutered for us, so we'll see. Besides that, primary focus is the other cool PvP stuff, GvG territory control events. As well as that, the first cool PvP stuff is seeing some improvements in the 2nd expansion, which is out on Korea, but has yet to reach Russia (and maybe Japan), and us.

If our launch goes with timeline similar to Russian one, there will be a month for everyone to stack carp ore and poo poo while preparing for the war for territory control. Then, shortly afterwards, the first expansion will come. The timeline for second expansion on Russia is unknown, so I have nothing to extrapolate from in this regard here.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Kimsemus posted:

Hello yes all of these things seem fun and things I like to do. Stabbing mans, then taking their things, I just wish there was a jury system like in AA where I could just be like "50s for innocent" and repeatedly get off the hook.

Now, I don't think you can actually take their things. But I believe you can make them lose their things, which is even better from my point of view, now there is no chance of them looting it back.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stormgale posted:

Let's make a cart radio channel

ageed

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Well with that mentality we'd still be using Ventrilo. Why not adopt a newer, more efficient and arguably better technology, especially when it's free and being widely adopted?

Because I don't want to. Did you read what I posted at all?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Eonwe posted:

anime is good
these colors don't run

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

vrath posted:

Now, I don't think you can actually take their things. But I believe you can make them lose their things, which is even better from my point of view, now there is no chance of them looting it back.

is it of consequence or is it something like they lose 20 silver coins they can get back in 2 minutes of hitting npc's. from what im reading so far, it looks like standard risk free knocking over mans pvp until the territory expansion happens

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Blazing Zero posted:

is it of consequence or is it something like they lose 20 silver coins they can get back in 2 minutes of hitting npc's. from what im reading so far, it looks like standard risk free knocking over mans pvp until the territory expansion happens

Latvian dude correct me if I'm wrong but they lose something called gems which are a pain in the rear end of some sort to replace and may be vaugely related to gear strength or enchanting. That's not important. What's important is that the loss of whatever they lose makes them sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress all your VOIP options. I'm going to start a goon splinter guild where the only allowed communication is audio morse via a prestle switch.