Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Johnny FOotball
This poll is closed.
he owns 46 9.85%
John Football 86 18.42%
I love the elfish drunkardd 78 16.70%
In my dreams Football Johnny forever rolls right gesticulating and pump faking and lowering his head into clown rear end fools and he's got a good buzz on and he's throwing incredibly late to a receiver who's been open since the dawn of time and when he completes the touchdown pass he pops a bottle at the club and i wake up and i am Active in my Private Area 257 55.03%
Total: 467 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is Johnny a cowboy and/or dead yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ribsauce posted:

How many homeless people would recognize Jimmy Haslem?

The ones who became homeless from Haslam's business practices would

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Donkwich posted:

The ones who became homeless from Haslam's business practices would

brian hoyer landed on his feet somehow

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Homeless people use the newspaper as a blanket. Haslam probably had a cover photo on the PD at some point between his purchase of the Browns and the draft.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's Ohio, home of the Bengals, Browns, Cavaliers, and Indians. tbh any billionaire still willingly spending their time there and not feeling shame is more unbelievable to me than one accidentally hearing a homeless guy say 2 words

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Guys, what if the Homeless guy was Manziel from the future? :tinfoil:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I thought we established the fat drunk Johnny guy was him from the future

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Chilichimp posted:

What if the Homeless guy was present Manziel in a wig and dirty clothes from an all night bender?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Lote posted:

What if the Homeless guy was present Manziel in a wig and dirty clothes from an all night bender?

What if Homeless guy was present Manziel in a wig and dirty clothes from the all night bender he just went on with future Johnny?

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Fat drunk Johnny has a uterus transplant and has sex with Homeless Johnny and gives birth to Johnny

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Chilichimp posted:

I've already said that in here. :colbert:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

I've already said that in here. :colbert:

Sup, fellow Star Trek fan. (/Time travel plot fan? idk)

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
If you draft him...he will party hard...

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Donkwich posted:

Fat drunk Johnny has a uterus transplant and has sex with Homeless Johnny and gives birth to Johnny

Excuse me please don't cliff note the erotic story I emailed you last week that's very rude

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

What if all the quarterbacks are secretly time traveling Johnny

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Don't be ridiculous. The real question is what if Russel Wilson is one of Tom bradys illegitimate children from his jungle fever days. Think about it

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ammanas posted:

Don't be ridiculous. The real question is what if Russel Wilson is one of Tom bradys illegitimate children from his jungle fever days. Think about it

Then sb49 was yet another time the prick kept his half-kid down.

I was gonna do a lovely photoshop of the Quick and the Dead scene but gotta go to work :(

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Chilichimp posted:

I wonder what future Johnny Manziel's train of thought would have been there. "If I was just drafted by the Cleveland Browns 'football' Organization, everything would have turned out all right for me."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Roger Craig posted:

I wonder what future Johnny Manziel's train of thought would have been there. "If I was just drafted by the Cleveland Browns 'football' Organization, everything would have turned out all right for me."

Maybe future manziel was drafted by the cowboys first and flamed out so bad that he couldn't show his goblin face in texas, so he went back in time to have himself drafted by the browns so his fraudulence wouldn't be so blatant since he could just say it was the browns' fault for not having an oline that could give him a stable pocket for 15 seconds each play.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Roger Craig posted:

Future Manziel was drafted by the Vikings. The Browns had a few playoff appearances with QB Teddy Bridgewater while Manziel spent his whole career getting clowned by Aaron Rodgers. His career came to an end when Clay Matthews tore his right arm clean off and took it home with him.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Guys, JFF has surpassed Ryan Leaf for most spectacular flameout in NFL football.

Ryan Leaf.

Let's all take a moment to appreciate that milestone.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol yeah loving right dude. JFF hasn't even been arrested or caught stealing pills from locker rooms.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Ryan Leaf is the biggest flop and he and Manziel are both terrible failures at life, but Aaron Hernandez and Rae Carruth both have them easily beat for most spectacular flameout from the league itself.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

Guys, JFF has surpassed Ryan Leaf for most spectacular flameout in NFL football.

Ryan Leaf.

Nah Ryan Leaf will probably be unsurpassed in expectation vs results and self-aggrandizement. Basically only idiots believed in JFF while Leaf was widely expected to be great

Nail Rat posted:

Ryan Leaf is the biggest flop and he and Manziel are both terrible failures at life, but Aaron Hernandez and Rae Carruth both have them easily beat for most spectacular flameout from the league itself.

Hernandez is interesting because he was still really good at playing football and if he didn't go around murdering folks he'd probably still be a top TE in the league and that Pats would be even more successful. Him and Gronk on two TE sets was ridiculous

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 18, 2016

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If Ryan Leaf had been in a remake of the Mean Joe Greene Coke ad, someone would have picked the jersey off, whereas Football Goblin would have missed the shoot because he was asleep in an alley.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chokes McGee posted:

Ryan Leaf.

Manziel wasn't even drafted as highly as Christian Ponder. Leaf was taken second overall. There's no competition here.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I liked watching Leaf in college :(

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Chokes McGee posted:

Ryan Leaf.

I would also say that Jamarcus Russell is a bigger flameout than Manziel.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

No one ever remembers Akili Smith :(

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Lote posted:

Whoa there, motherfucker

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Lote posted:

Not even close.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Lote posted:

MrLogan posted:

Not even close.
How is it not close? #1 overall pick, held out, got a 60 million dollar contract, played 3 seasons, threw 4,000 total yards, won 7 games, showed up at camp at 300 pounds, then out of the league and arrested with purple drank.

Manziel is a bust, but he wasn't even his own team's first pick in the draft. He only got paid 8 million. Hell, you could argue Justin Gilbert was even a bigger bust from a draft value squandering.

edit

I just realized you may mean it isn't even close and JaMarcus was a bigger flameout

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 19, 2016

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wonder if Russel is broke these days, or if he saved his money.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Well this was five years ago. Extrapolate from there.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/03/jamarcus-russell-oakland-raiders-foreclosure-home-mansion-nfl-qwuarterback/

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
qwuarterback

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Ammanas posted:

Nah its 100% true. Cleveland has a nice riverfront promenade where billionaires and homeless people mingle to discuss athletics.

I'm no fancypants billionaire, but I can attest to the fact that the hobos in Cleveland will give you terrible advice, solicited or otherwise

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

commieB posted:

I'm no fancypants billionaire, but I can attest to the fact that the hobos in Cleveland will give you terrible advice, solicited or otherwise

Hire the hobos as coach, the Browns will probably go 5-11 at least

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

#TankForClevelandHobo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
You don't have to do that, I'm sure there's already a few in the tank waiting for bail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
My personal 'pinion is that Haslam used "homeless person" to substitute for "poor-looking guy" and the guy had a home and in fact probably has given Haslam's stupid piece of poo poo corporation hundreds of dollars in his miserable life

• Locked thread