Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

symbolic posted:

God drat I am a terrible aimer, and every time I try to practice a mechanic (recoil control, aim for head, move crosshair and then shoot, etc.) I always forget something else and just get frustrated at myself when I gently caress up. I hate myself for this.

I should just stick with analyzing pro CS.

idk how bad you are, but if you play half as often as I see you post in this thread then you should be alright.

You're probably overthinking it tbh. just play a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Astralis seem like they're still asleep back at the hotel in this game vs dignitas

e: They woke up

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Feb 21, 2016

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
They just went for the license to kill first. Going to win now.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Who likes a BBQ?

Astralis does!

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Okay like, when Karrigan killed all those guys coming out of monster onto B just now, how the gently caress does he do that against pro players? He wasn't getting nasty AK headshots, he just sprayed them down with an M4A1 and each kill wasn't all that quick. But when I'm in a similar situation, I kill maybe one guy before getting running one tapped by one of the nobodies I'm playing against.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Is that the one where they all lined up for him to roll over? It could be because of hesitation to shoot through the other teammates which a pug group would probably not have.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I don't think they really lined up, it seemed like they had chances to get the trade kill. But they just...didn't, and Karrigan stood by pillar and sprayed them down one by one as they entered B. Maybe they were flashed or something. I could also just be annoyed at how I haven't done well lately.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Garfu posted:

This is from a shadowplay. I have no idea how this shot hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXqAYeByeGc

The title of this video caused some very interesting "related" video suggestions.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

it's crazy to think that in a format that has the ability to stack against fnatic they are still even in the finals.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
astralis no, please don't choke on 14 points

e: smdh

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 21, 2016

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Katana Gomai posted:

The title of this video caused some very interesting "related" video suggestions.

The related videos are based off of your viewing history

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Solo queued and was instantly knife tk'd by a Malaysian kid with a mr bean avatar. This game is great

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

welcome to counterstrike. don't queue dust 11.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Garfu posted:

I appreciate the joke but only half of them are and the rest is various poo poo with tits in the title

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

A flying knife from jw in the match that was on earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c16E_RLRhRo&feature=youtu.be

I'll be seeing pubbies trying to this for weeks now

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Love Stole the Day posted:

Does anyone else notice how if you have a great day or two of matchmaking that you'll get matched with progressively more and more stupid teammates against more and more competent players? Because that pisses me off. It happens a lot in Dota 2 as well. I mean, I can only carry so much before I check the scoreboard and realize I'm the only one with more than 10 kills going into the second half.

matchmaking is, how you say this in english..uhhh....broken

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Up Circle posted:

matchmaking is, how you say this in english..uhhh....broken

are you sure it isn't just your lovely attitude and various brain disorders keeping you from working positively with your team

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Antares posted:

are you sure it isn't just your lovely attitude and various brain disorders keeping you from working positively with your team

He's trolling, just report him

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

qhat posted:

He's trolling, just report him

Yeah, I'm definitely the only person who thinks matchmaking sucks.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I've been soloqueing lately and my games have been pretty good? But then again this isn't in the lower ranks (LE/LEM)

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Matchmaking would be fine for me but I get a lot of matches with super shady people, that's not matchmakings fault its just vac not doing its job. The smurf situation is a million times better than what it was before the experience point system. It still happens but its a long way from every loving game.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

My last three games at MGE were actually pretty well matched, 16-14, 16-14 and 14-16. People have been cooperating and poo poo, it was nice

I did not appreciate losing 14-16 after being up 14-10 though. :doh:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

My games this weekend have been bloody shite mates

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

if you want to avoid the worst people on earth just don't queue dust2, on the weekends, before 11pm local time, after 1am local time, any non-standard map, immediately after losing a game, after a sale, during a school break, or ever

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Matchmaking in silvers is one of the circles of Dante's Hell.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Matchmaking in silvers is one of the circles of Dante's Hell.

My girlfriend is trying to get her 10 wins and seems to be ranked S4~SE atm (judging by the people she plays with/against). I watched her play a game today, it's a loving cesspool. The worst part is that as an absolute noob, it's really hard for her to learn the game because loving silvers with 700 hours played (seriously, I checked) kick her if she doesn't clutch a round 1v3. From what I've seen, most of her games have like 1-3 actual noobs and the rest of them are people who are just really loving bad at the game (as in, they're still in Silver after 300~700h played) but think they're hot poo poo for some reason.

She's taking it in stride though, getting yelled at by 13-year-old Russians is basically a rite of passage in CSGO.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Every now and then a Silver game makes it to the "Watch" tab ingame and I love spectating those. :allears:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Garfu posted:

No, they aren't always because I have a lot of Destiny and DJ Okawari in my history and after the first few results, all I have is bra recommendation videos

also please don't get baited by baEk yErin its just embarassing

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
And it doesn't matter if you're King poo poo top fragging by 30 points ahead of the second best when the rest of your team dies and it's 1v5. All that matters for advancing rank is getting that game win at 16 match wins. Even if you've won several games, if you lose, it's back to deranking you go! :smithicide:

Silvers are either Limbo or between the Fifth (Anger) and Ninth (Betrayal) Circles of Hell, depending on your teammates. You keep working on your penitence, but you're always stuck in Hell because your brain-dead teammates keep dragging you back down to Hell to stay with them forever.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I got my 10th win on my second account (which I got for learning new maps and poo poo) today. I ended up on MG1 and even in those few games (10-2-3 or something), the difference in gameplay/teamwork/general asshattery going from Silver to Nova to MG was insane. I still believe it's possible to soloqueue your way out of Silver/Nova, but I can definitely see how you can get stuck in there if you're only slightly better than average at your rank.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Do goons ever group up for matchmaking? It'd be nice to play with non-asshats, for once.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I sometimes see a few people in the CTS channel, so maybe just idle in there and wait for someone to join in and talk to you.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Goonman

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Is Up Circle really tswift :laffo:

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Garfu posted:

Actually they are based on both your viewing history and the title, but mostly the title. Go look up a video on turning wooden handrails on a lathe or giraffes giving birth or some poo poo and screenshot the related videos.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
holy poo poo WHO loving CARES

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Love Stole the Day posted:

I sometimes see a few people in the CTS channel, so maybe just idle in there and wait for someone to join in and talk to you.

What's the CTS channel?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

A TURGID FATSO posted:

holy poo poo WHO loving CARES

Well, I do, obviously.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

What's the CTS channel?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714380

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Do goons ever group up for matchmaking? It'd be nice to play with non-asshats, for once.

If you are in the Nova range, add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/famethrowa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx

Spiros posted:

Is Up Circle really tswift :laffo:

I thought it was XC honestly