Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the caucuses?
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
John Kasich
Marco Rubio
Donald Trump
Jeb, somehow
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I would say that Cruz would be angling to do a drop-for-favors deal, but what the gently caress does he have to offer at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Cruz is terrified of losing Texas. Pandering hard.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Plinkey posted:

Cruz is done, this speech is terrible, he's rattled. Scared even.

Part of the problem is that the crowd doesn't seem to believe him.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
I'm so rich I sleep in my own bed every night after flying home in my own 757 :smug:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

how many of the super tuesday states are gonna have everybody's stupid name on the ballot like nevada apparently did?

nevertheless, if ted and the rest could get something nice on the negotiating table and step aside so sleepy time marco can have his shot in a one-on-one super tuesday i think that'd be the most interesting way to go about it. if more than one of these people tries to show up it'll just be sad

CubsWoo posted:

I would say that Cruz would be angling to do a drop-for-favors deal, but what the gently caress does he have to offer at this point

he could, like, not burn the gop down at every possible turn as a senator. he could promise to just shut the gently caress up and do what mcconnell tells him once. nobody would believe him though

really though him dropping out, assuming kasich and carson go too, would make it hard for rubio not to get the 1 consolation delegate the second-best finisher in texas' congressional districts get (if the leader doesn't take >50%, or whatever), and i think other states have similar rules. so cruz, just by dropping out, would be giving marco something

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 07:30 on Feb 24, 2016

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

How could you believe him?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
If someone told me a decade ago that Donald loving Trump was going to be president one day, I would have laughed at them.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

CubsWoo posted:

He has nothing, which is funny because it gives the Rubio team and the establishment as a whole no leverage to force him out until the money is gone

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Pakled posted:

If someone told me a decade ago that Donald loving Trump was going to be president one day, I would have laughed at them.

Two years ago.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Ted Cruz only feels comfortable with people if they hate him or are disgusted by him, just like his father as a child. That's why he makes it happen, since it is safer and less vulnerable there, prevents rejection from hurting.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Cruz is going to win Texas and deny Rubio any delegates there. Then, having destroyed Rubio and accomplishing his mission, he will return to his home planet.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Reminder that 538 said this earlier today:

quote:

But the turnout is going to be excruciatingly low, which increases the chances that the polls could be wrong.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Rubio is such a goddamn lightweight that it's amazing that he's basically the Final Challenger to Donald Trump. He's going to get blown out of the water.

Death By The Blues posted:

Cruz is terrified of losing Texas. Pandering hard.

Losing his home state would essentially doom any and all future electoral prospects for Cruz. Not surprised he's trying to stick around for at least that.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Concerned Citizen posted:

Cruz is going to win Texas and deny Rubio any delegates there. Then, having destroyed Rubio and accomplishing his mission, he will return to his home planet.

C... Canada?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

oystertoadfish posted:

how many of the super tuesday states are gonna have everybody's stupid name on the ballot like nevada apparently did?

In most states if you qualify for the ballot you stay on unless you actively ask the state to take you off

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Welp guys, it's been a fun night, do you want you Trumpf Staff uniforms in khaki or blue?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I'm glad that my state will help stop rubio

gently caress that dude

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Mo_Steel posted:

Late one night in early 2015...

Reince Priebus clutched the monkeys paw in his hands. The old gypsy woman he bought it from said it granted wishes, and right now he needed a wish.

"Don't let Hillary win against Jeb Bush," he whispered to the paw. Lightning crashed out of the clear sky, and the ground shook for a moment. Then all was still. And softly at first, he began to hear a chant in his mind.

Trump Trump Trump

A single tear rolled down his face as he clutched his head, the chants deafening. He wondered who was laughing until he saw his twisted reflection in the mirror.

And the next morning, when he returned to that flea market, the gypsy woman was gone, and no one whom he spoke to could remember her or her tent.

:spooky:

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
So...how many of those Super Tuesday states does Trump have a lead on?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Is there a stream?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/YugeMilo/status/702379002019844097

Of the ones that have been polled (and some of these are fairly old)

GA: Trump +12, Trump +9
TX: Cruz +8
MA: Trump +34
MN: Rubio +2 (last poll 1/20)
OK: Trump +5 (last poll 2/9)
AL: Trump +20 (last poll 12/13)
AR: Cruz +4 (last poll 2/4)
TN: Trump +4 (last poll 11/23)
CO: Carson +6 (last poll 11/15)
VA: Trump +6 (last poll 2/14)
AK: Trump +4 (last poll 1/12)
VT: Trump +15 (last poll 2/17)

Wyoming has apparently not been polled, but I would say Trump probably leads in at least 10 of the 13.

CubsWoo has issued a correction as of 07:39 on Feb 24, 2016

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

All of then, except texas maybe.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

All except Texas, Minnesota, and Alabama I think

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Plinkey posted:

Welp guys, it's been a fun night, do you want you Trumpf Staff uniforms in khaki or blue?

Seriously? :nallears:

Golden

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Plinkey posted:

All of then, except texas maybe.

So...its going to get worse.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Not only has Trump won the last three states, he's outperformed the RCR polling average in all of them.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

huge, huge lols at "IT DOESN'T MATTER (PLEASE, PLEASE STOP VOTING FOR HIM, PLEASE) HE'S TOOOOOTALLY IRRELEVANT" followed immediately by "well he'd have made a great third-party candidate in 2000"

how can you even pretend to have a shred of integrity at that point

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

So...its going to get worse.

Or better :getin:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

huge, huge lols at "IT DOESN'T MATTER (PLEASE, PLEASE STOP VOTING FOR HIM, PLEASE) HE'S TOOOOOTALLY IRRELEVANT" followed immediately by "well he'd have made a great third-party candidate in 2000"

how can you even pretend to have a shred of integrity at that point
Look at the date you dingus.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

uniting the parts of the gop that hate donald trump is the last chance they have. and the only choice they have left is marco rubio. amazingly.

i think a one on one super tuesday would be a massive trump victory but i also think other plausible scenarios would be massive trump victories

we were wondering for months if polls of republicans would come true, and in the last few weeks we've seen that they pretty much have. trump won the polls and he won the elections

now we wait for the denouement, before we are cursed to spend even more months watching even more polls, and wondering if they'll come true. stupid poo poo

the rnc is going to be a shitshow incidentally. there'll be trump supporters and protestors wandering around who just want to make this into 1968 chicago dnc redux. i'm sure cleveland's boys in blue will keep public order efficiently and with a minimum of fuss

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

The Real Paddy posted:

Ted Cruz is a masochist. Super religious/repressive, smiles at debates when he has been attacked in a way that says he really enjoys that they're upset (in preparation for anticipated punishment), and his logo demands that we Truss him like a chicken.

Lol

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I can't tell you how excited I am for the Cruz campaign.

Turns out that being a lying sack of poo poo that everyone hates can be bad for your carrier; even with baby Jesus loving fanatics

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Rocks posted:

How is Rubio not even giving a speech. How the gently caress is he such a lovely candidate

It's past his bedtime, and he's less energetic than Jeb!.

If 3rd place is a victory for Cruz, I sure hope I never see what defeat looks like for a Cruz administration.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

FourLeaf posted:

All except Texas, Minnesota, and Alabama I think

I'd bet Minnesota goes Trump. You underestimate how much folk love Trump.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Brannock posted:

Seriously? :nallears:

Golden

to let people in on part of the goldshirt joke (the other part is that trump is garish) the mexican version of fascist thugs in the '30s were called goldshirts (camisas doradas)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_shirts

im seeing blackshirts (italy), brownshirts (sa, germany) and greyshirts (zuidafrika) as nazi paramilitary shirt colors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_uniform
there were also the green shirts in romania, hungary, and ireland, i guess edit apparently egypt too, and italy's lega nord uses green as its color
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenshirts

any other awesome fascist shirt color organizations???

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

My Imaginary GF posted:

I'd bet Minnesota goes Trump. You underestimate how much folk love Trump.

Minn and Alabama go for trump, Texas is the while card in a week.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Zoran posted:

Reminder that 538 said this earlier today:

quote:

But the turnout is going to be excruciatingly low, which increases the chances that the polls could be wrong.

He was talking about how few people bother to caucus as an absolute figure, not relative to previous years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Google has cruz under 20%

Come on baby

• Locked thread