Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Should have just rerolled lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Minsky posted:

I'm gonna assume if I hated almost everything about Archeage except the boats, I'm gonna hate this game

Well one of the things BDO can't do that AA can is naval combat! But they are diff games, AA is all questing for levels to 50 and BDO is opposite, quests outside of the main line just give area influence. Where this game will shine is supposedly endgame pvp, which we won't see for a bit.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Hy_C posted:

Should have just rerolled lol

nah

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well i've claimed my pet and items on Edan so fantastic. They haven't actually come since that system is hosed up too and they got sent to someone else, maybe their fix will be to reset the claiming.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

lewtt posted:

as i updated it in op, we are hoping to stay on Orwen / Balenos 2. not like we have much choice other than restarting all over again

Yeah because you totally blew 4 whole hours on your progress with only 30 of the dumbest loving goons even able to play the game. There is no turning back now. We all must suffer because of this.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

Yeah because you totally blew 4 whole hours on your progress with only 30 of the dumbest loving goons even able to play the game. There is no turning back now. We all must suffer because of this.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
this is great, we've got tears already

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Is there any kind of server transfer method paid or not?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

LegalPad posted:

Is there any kind of server transfer method paid or not?

Yes, can't be used until launch (when cash shop is turned on)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so far this MMO has been everything I have ever wanted and I'm not even playing

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

What happened exactly that we are not on edan?

Spent all morning grinding there, really dont want to do that all over again.

Catullus
Oct 1, 2003

Time for splinter guild

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I rerolled on edan. All the big drama guilds are there so that's where I'm going.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol this is awesome

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
Holy poo poo its wildstar launch all over again, goons even chose the lovely server instead of sticking it out on the original one.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

LegalPad posted:

What happened exactly that we are not on edan?

Spent all morning grinding there, really dont want to do that all over again.

I'm not a $100 backer but basically their server infrastructure punted random people to random servers instead of the one they actually selected or some poo poo. Daum's only response so far has been "lol reroll."

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Clocks posted:

Daum's only response so far has been "lol reroll."

lmao this bodes well for the future

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Eonwe posted:

lol this is awesome
day 1 splinter :cawg:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The splintering isn't going to matter in like a month when all the servers are merged to deal with a dismal online population anyway. :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why are there such strong feelings on Edan vs Orwen

i don't understand what the difference is

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
oh hey a day -3 splinter guild sounds like a rad idea

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
too much effort to reroll and all

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Eonwe posted:

There's always that one server that all the big super-serious poopsocking guilds choose as the "main" one (and as a consequence groups like SA that have a mission to make things miserable for said guilds do this as well), like with WoW at launch it was Arthas IIRC, this time it was Edan. And just by fluke of which channel you happened to join determined if you got punted randomly or not, so some people got inadvertently separated from the people they wanted to play with.

Also rerolling is a problem for those who already claimed their pre-order bonuses with no backsies.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

The fact there are no feelings is why we are staying, cause gently caress it we are having fun right now. If in 4 months we run out of people to kill who the gently caress cares, we made it 4 months into an mmo

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

univbee posted:

Also rerolling is a problem for those who already claimed their pre-order bonuses with no backsies.

they said they'll reimburse pre-order stuff and fix names

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I do like how even though they have infrastructure to do character transfers, they decided it wasn't worth it

sorry suckers, we got your $100, enjoy this other server

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Eonwe posted:

Mostly I was just mad that you couldn't use the same name unless you waited 24 hours to delete your char, I had like 7+ hours in my char at that point but that doesn't matter as much as my loving name dog

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Greetings Adventurers,

As previously announced, there has been an issue for the NA Servers. Character made on the Seredia Channels were placed on the wrong server, this issue was limited specifically to the Serendia Channels. We are now in the process of correcting this issue, unfortunately the characters affected by this will remain on the server they are on currently.

If you do not wish to continue playing on that server you will need to make a new character on your preferred server.

After our analysis it has been determined that due to the limited number of player impacted versus those not impacted and the amount of time invested, this is the best course of action. To perform a full wipe, or to manually relocate the Serendia characters would simply take too long and would nullify the benefit from the head start period.

We will take measures to ensure that everyone is able to claim their pre-order items on the desired character, regardless of where they may have ended up due to this issue. We are also looking into compensation for the trouble this has caused and as soon as it is determined we will update you via the forums.

All name related issues, both character and guild, will be addressed. Once we have determined the best course of action we will update this thread.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/24630-na-server-character-placement-issue-resolution/

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Jackard posted:

day 1 splinter :cawg:

Guild splintered within 6 hours of launch. GG

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my friend is also going to play on Orwen so im just going to play there when I get in

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

lewtt posted:

this is great, we've got tears already

so we going with orwen as OP states or people rerolling on edan?

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Orwen

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
I'm staying orwen, as are a lot of people, were just busy actually playing right now.

TE!
Nov 26, 2003

I LOVE THE LITTLE BOYS OF CATHOLIC!! LOLZ!

lol. No.

My offer still stands. Surely you all see how terrible this game will be so why not make profit?

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

kojicolnair posted:

I'm staying orwen, as are a lot of people, were just busy actually playing right now.

right on, should be on in a few hours... drat real life obligations, let me play my video games already.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity
I am staying on Edan because I've claimed all of my rewards there already. Fantastic.

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

Rivv posted:

I am staying on Edan because I've claimed all of my rewards there already. Fantastic.

didnt they say they will reimburse everyone that wants to rerolls rewards?

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

I love when everyone else pays money for my entertainment.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity

SirBuddha posted:

I have not seen that, no.

I also hate that I've spent the entire day so far on Edan, this is so loving stupid already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

SirBuddha posted:

Yes

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/24630-na-server-character-placement-issue-resolution/

quote:

We will take measures to ensure that everyone is able to claim their pre-order items on the desired character, regardless of where they may have ended up due to this issue. We are also looking into compensation for the trouble this has caused and as soon as it is determined we will update you via the forums.