Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
This is a very good app, thank you very much for it.

Is there any way you could get the smiley list implemented? Currently it's hard if you don't know all the smilies that you might want to use.

Greatly appreciated and rated 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

darkarchon posted:

This is a very good app, thank you very much for it.

Is there any way you could get the smiley list implemented? Currently it's hard if you don't know all the smilies that you might want to use.

Greatly appreciated and rated 5.

It's up in the right under the A with an underline.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Wow I never knew that either. Awesome! :aaaaa:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

EX-GAIJIN AT LAST posted:

Does the app not auto update? I'm on a Galaxy S4 and I've always used the menu button to post. I've only had this phone for about a year, too, so my version of the app can't be THAT old.

Edit: I'm on the latest version. I must be misunderstanding something. :confused:

He means that your telephone is too old, and that you should upgrade to one manufactured in the last 2-3 years. Once you do that, you won't have any problems with the hardware menu button working (because you won't have a hardware menu button).

primitive
Mar 14, 2001

I AM A CHEAPSKATE WHO HAS HAD THE STUPID NEWBIE BABY AVATAR FOR 12 YEARS.
Bug (?) report: you can't unbookmark a thread that's been archived, because the grayed out Archived link overwrites the place in the UI where the unbookmark link would be.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

primitive posted:

Bug (?) report: you can't unbookmark a thread that's been archived, because the grayed out Archived link overwrites the place in the UI where the unbookmark link would be.

Just hit the (Star) by the thread in the control panel to unbookmark it.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Main Paineframe posted:

He means that your telephone is too old, and that you should upgrade to one manufactured in the last 2-3 years. Once you do that, you won't have any problems with the hardware menu button working (because you won't have a hardware menu button).

Ya know other than the fact that Samsung's flagship phones still have them, ya doofus.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

fishmech posted:

Ya know other than the fact that Samsung's flagship phones still have them, ya doofus.
The S4 and Note 3 were the last Samsung flagships to have them

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The newer Samsung phones have a hardware app-switcher in place of the menu button.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Not that any of this matters beyond someone's lame off-handed insult to people who don't have the latest gadgets.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Google deprecated the menu button in 2011. If your phone still has one, you either have a really old phone or a bad phone.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Endless Mike posted:

Google deprecated the menu button in 2011. If your phone still has one, you either have a really old phone or a bad phone.

I wouldn't call 3 years "really old". And, this is all besides the point. The answer to the question "Why did you remove this functionality?" isn't "Get a better phone," it's something along the lines of "We introduced a new feature and it broke the functionality, and it wasn't worth our time to keep maintaining something that applies to a small portion of users." Basically, an actual reason and not "hey gently caress you."

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

MohShuvuu posted:

For some reason, I can no longer hit the menu button on my phone to bring up a menu to post replies. I have to hit the three dots on the top right now. Is there a way to fix this?

On my Galaxy S5, if I hold down the app switcher button for one second, it pops up the menu for that app. Not sure if your device works the same. Good luck and god bless

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

I wouldn't say a Galaxy S4 is either of these. Jeez, you'd think I'm using an HTC Dream.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dr. Stab posted:

I wouldn't call 3 years "really old".

I wouldn't either but the entire industry seems to run on the assumption that many people replace annually and anything older than 2 years is a tin can and a string.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

On a page with a few embedded webms , I'm getting a bug where the app gets stuck on that page

The page number will tick up but it won't actually change page. Even moving to another thread doesn't work and its still stuck on that original page.

Only force closing the app fixes it

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Skarsnik posted:

On a page with a few embedded webms , I'm getting a bug where the app gets stuck on that page

The page number will tick up but it won't actually change page. Even moving to another thread doesn't work and its still stuck on that original page.

Same problem here.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

spankmeister posted:

Same problem here.

Oh good, I was genuinely surprised when I scanned the thread and no one else had mentioned it, as its been happening to me for ages. Was worried it was just me

Master_Odin posted:

These are the sorts of things that should be posted in the Something.apk thread and then I'll see it and work on fixing it and update some of the dependencies of the project to support ZDR's new security measures.

Seeing as the thread has been archived now, is something really dead? I've love to go back to using it, but since webms and twitter have started autoembedding a lot of threads in Something are just endless posts of links.

I'm not sure what it is but Something just clicks with me so much better than awful.apk does, if it could start embedding twitter and webms like Awful does it would be perfect.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skarsnik posted:

Oh good, I was genuinely surprised when I scanned the thread and no one else had mentioned it, as its been happening to me for ages. Was worried it was just me

Seeing as the thread has been archived now, is something really dead? I've love to go back to using it, but since webms and twitter have started autoembedding a lot of threads in Something are just endless posts of links.

I'm not sure what it is but Something just clicks with me so much better than awful.apk does, if it could start embedding twitter and webms like Awful does it would be perfect.

I thought that post was a joke considering where that link went.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

site posted:

I thought that post was a joke considering where that link went.

Yes I realise that, but where else am I going to ask? Worth a try

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

There is a 1 missing from the end of that url. The thread is here.

Skarsnik posted:

spankmeister posted:

Same problem here.

webms is a good tip, I'll look into it

/e:

Oh and before I forget it: I don't know why your menu button doesn't open the menu (anymore?), I haven't changed anything recently (if ever) to change that behavior. Honestly though, I'm not going to try to fix it.

Sereri fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 28, 2016

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I hadn't made the connection to webm myself yet just image heavy pages, but it makes sense.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Skarsnik posted:

I'm bad at linking is the real problem here. Fixed the link in my post or use Serei's link and post a request for embedding in the thread.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I'm not sure if the menu button function got added back, but it's there now.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Master_Odin posted:

I'm bad at linking is the real problem here. Fixed the link in my post or use Serei's link and post a request for embedding in the thread.

Its been archived :(

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Skarsnik posted:

Its been archived :(

The link leads to a new non-archived thread to replace the old archived one.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Master_Odin posted:

The link leads to a new non-archived thread to replace the old archived one.

Gotcha, thanks!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is my phone too old and unhip to properly parse tweets? I updated to 3.2.2 a few days ago and while my tablet does it just fine on my Samsung s3 they come out like this:

Also it randomly crashes constantly but I'm going down the list of things to turn on and off to see if I can discover what's wrong so I'll worry about that later.

E: I have also tried clearing data and uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail.

site fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 1, 2016

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is there a way to get to the project.log forum? It's a subforum of a subforum, so the SH/SC drop down doesn't show it.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is there a way to get to the project.log forum? It's a subforum of a subforum, so the SH/SC drop down doesn't show it.

It's showing under the SH/SC dropdown for me? :confused:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Daztek posted:

It's showing under the SH/SC dropdown for me? :confused:

I don't know, it's not showing for me. We're talking about when you're at the list of all the forums and you hit the dropdown arrow, right? It's weird, I thought I saw it one night but I couldn't find it the next morning, so I thought it was just a really pathetic dream. It says I'm on the most recent version of the app, but I'm on an LG G2. Could the older hardware have to do with it?

The subforum is pretty dead anyway. I'll just bookmark the threads I'm interested in and get there that way.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I don't know, it's not showing for me. We're talking about when you're at the list of all the forums and you hit the dropdown arrow, right? It's weird, I thought I saw it one night but I couldn't find it the next morning, so I thought it was just a really pathetic dream. It says I'm on the most recent version of the app, but I'm on an LG G2. Could the older hardware have to do with it?

The subforum is pretty dead anyway. I'll just bookmark the threads I'm interested in and get there that way.

Just refresh the index until it shows up, the drop down menu we parse the index from is pretty unreliable lately.

By the way, uninstalling the system webview updates solved all the problems with the video embeds for me

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I think the playing videos are 'locking' the webview until they're done. I was just looking at a thread with a bunch of webms and a youtube embed, the youtube wouldn't start at all so I clicked the link and opened it in the app. When I came back the embed started playing, and it was still going when I tried to change thread. As soon as I paused it the webview refreshed to the new page 🤔

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
How many posts and reports do I have to do before the image crash problem gets fixed?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Golem II posted:

How many posts and reports do I have to do before the image crash problem gets fixed?

There isn't really a bug to fix as far as I can tell, your phone just runs out of memory (though I can't find any bug reports by you. If it let's you enter something, always enter your username).

To reduce memory load you could:

A) try setting imgur thumbnails (image settings), smaller images take less memory; Reduce the number of posts on a page (though you already tried that) ; don't load images in read posts; disable gifs; disable webms etc.

B) try something.apk, link in the second post

C) try a better phone with more memory.

D) don't look at these particular threads

Sereri fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Mar 6, 2016

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Got a weird behavior happening, if I exit the app and come back to it I have to refresh the page to see anything, marking the whole page as read. It's not a huge deal, but it's something that didn't happen before and is happening now.

Latest version, note 5.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Getting that "return to app, page is blank" error too. Latest version, HTC A9 here.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Nexus 5X here, same issue. I've just been blaming it on my POS phone.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Same, stock unrooted Droid Turbo 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

For anyone coming in here to report that the app isn't working with the new N developer build: I will cut you.