Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the most delegates on Super Tuesday?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Jim Gilmore
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

sanders winning minn, colorado, ok, and vermont keeps it somewhat competitive, and most of the upcoming states are friendlier territory for bernie.

Not really. Most states heading up to March 15, including the big ones, are friendly to Hillary. Bernie's MN, CO, and OK wins are just not enough to match the truly massive margins Hillary has racked up in the south, giving her a delegate lead that is just obscenely mathematically unlikely to be beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Lol Rubio getting shut out across the board

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Boston is responsible for Tom Brady and Clinton taking MA. Coincidence? I think not. Sever Boston.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Prorat posted:

MSNBC sucking Trumps D on his press conference tonight

That proves he has crossover appeal with liberals.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/nicktjacob/status/704875899229904896

That spin.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

cnn just called rubio "in denial" to his face

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CNN straight-up calling out Rubio as being in denial

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm just not sure what the endgame is for Hillary supporters trying to persuade Sanders supporters that it's over. I don't think it's a burning desire to be statistically/technically correct that makes people support the outsider, I don't believe any of us are gonna go 'o yea' and vote Hillary just to say "I voted for the winner!"

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Jake Tapper asks point blank if Rubio is "in a state of denial". Rubio bites his lip, "No, Jake", and repeats "we're in the winner-take-all phase now" a few times.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MrAristocrates posted:

CNN straight-up calling out Rubio as being in denial

That was pretty good.

"You keep saying Trump can't win, and he keeps winning!"

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Joementum posted:

Hillary Clinton will 100% be the nominee and there was never any doubt about that.

The question is how much influence Bernie can exert over the party agenda.

People talk like this was never the entire goddamn point of his candidacy. I think it's great that people angrily have to comment how he can't win, considering what people thought his initial prospects were. Still voting for him in my primary.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
The GOPe is going to hype the candidate whose only win is the weirdo moron state that voted against Reagan in '84.

As I've said for months, it's Trump, BUT IF it's not Trump, it's Cruz.

Rubio is a propped-up joke.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Lol at Hitler having a bigger nose.

To be fair, Trump is of actual German descent.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

This wasn't a knockout tonight. There's still an (increasingly) unlikely path for him.

It definitely was a knockout. Texas alone is going to net her like a 100 delegate lead. He'd have to win everything remaining by too large a margin to catch up.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Zyla posted:

cnn just called rubio "in denial" to his face

https://twitter.com/NolteNC/status/704880626210619392

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Neurolimal posted:

I'm just not sure what the endgame is for Hillary supporters trying to persuade Sanders supporters that it's over. I don't think it's a burning desire to be statistically/technically correct that makes people support the outsider, I don't believe any of us are gonna go 'o yea' and vote Hillary just to say "I voted for the winner!"

Because we have seen this. We lived it. We voted in 2008.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Probably Magic posted:

Boston is responsible for Tom Brady and Clinton taking MA. Coincidence? I think not. Sever Boston.

Foxborough went Bernie.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Neurolimal posted:

They're mostly like that German soldier with the knife at the end of Saving Private Ryan.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Concerned Citizen posted:

It definitely was a knockout. Texas alone is going to net her like a 100 delegate lead. He'd have to win everything remaining by too large a margin to catch up.

There is, mathematically, a lane for him to do that. It's obviously not going to happen, but it was not enough of a punch to make him admit that.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Oil! posted:

Foxborough went Bernie.

Because Bernie is a winner.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

Ya. Both are good, vote for who you like and be happy with either.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

What's the chance Hillary picks Bernie as running mate?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not sure I'd call the Trump presser "gravitas"

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Neurolimal posted:

I really don't care if you believe it's over or not, I just want to post about the primary.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

What's the chance Hillary picks Sanders as running mate?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

-10%

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Looks like Rubio is going to win a state

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MA getting called for Clinton

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Massachusetts called for the Hilldawg

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I hate this woman so much.

I'm with you on that. I'm just glad she seems to have disappeared for the most part.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

smh

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

He has not shown he can win in big states, and is in fact, getting blown out in them. Hillary already has a massive lead in super delegates. Though the latter are free to switch sides, they would only do so if their was a clear mandate from the voters that Hillary was not the preferred candidate. That simply hasn't happened.

I think what people on the internet often miss and often misunderstand is that among the actual democratic voter base -- most of them find Hillary or Bernie acceptable. It's only the internet left (and younger people) who have really strong feelings about Hillary in the negative.

But obviously Bernie didn't manage to get enough young people to show up to win big prizes.

He needs to win a state that matters, like Michigan or Illinois to show that he can win a state with a diverse electorate.

He needs Michigan. Illinois is too late

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Is that Bill Press on CNN right now? I shook Bill Press's hand once. That's my connection to this election right now.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

suck it bernouts

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

ColdPie posted:

What are you upset about?

The Windows ME of candidates is their supposed choice.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I don't care if this has been posted it must be posted again.

https://twitter.com/EsotericCD/status/704878850950434816

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Probably Magic posted:

Just like Touchdown Tom at home (97-16).

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

the "expectations game" is the most infuriating god drat thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

JosefStalinator posted:

I don't care if this has been posted it must be posted again.

https://twitter.com/EsotericCD/status/704878850950434816

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKWx1KRi-xQ

• Locked thread