Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Hopper posted:

Preload starts 03.03. 18:00. That is TODAY, get HYPED! Preload now so you don't have to load it on release day when the servers will slow to a crawl.

Is this for all platforms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Dead Like Rev posted:

Buyers remorse in 5, 4, 3, 2........

EXTRACTION FAILED.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Dead Like Rev posted:

Already refunded. :sigh:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Sandweed posted:

Care full goonbro remember what happened when you got exited for Battlefront?

Yeah, I do. It was a bit buggy but fun to play with goons for 4 months, then it was less buggy and more fun for another 16 months and then :dice: ruined it by changing all weapon stats and ruining several things because they decided it was time for a complete overhaul after 2 years after release. Before I quit I had 400 hours playtime of it IIRC.

Plus largely to blame for the loving up of the SRAW :arghfist: and other weapons were the community carebears who cried that this weapon they never bothered to learn was OP and poo poo. This probably won't happen to the same extent as this game has no vehicles. So I'll take a chance at another few months of growing pains, then a decent game and then a switch to something else in 2 years.

Also this game is less twitchy in nature and mostly PvE, so me and my blood pressure will be OK.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

He said battlefront not battlefield

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

Is this for all platforms?
http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/ubisoft-have-confirmed-preload-schedule-for-the-division/

quote:

According to the official Ubiblog, players who have purchased digital copies can begin preloading today for Xbox One; Thursday, March 3 at 6PM CET / 9AM PT for PC (Steam/Uplay); and March 6 at 00:01AM local time on PlayStation 4 – except for Japan where it will be available on March 8 at 00:01AM. In the US, digital copies of The Division for Xbox One, PS4, and PC will be active at 12:01AM EST on March 8.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Cool. I'll go digital for PS4 then. I have a feeling the boxed copy would be one of those infuriating "3 gig installed now lets download the other thirty anyway" things.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I wonder if that means we'll get our GMG keys today?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

Preload starts 03.03. 18:00. That is TODAY, get HYPED! Preload now so you don't have to load it on release day when the servers will slow to a crawl.

Amazon says the game will "ship" tomorrow for me, I wonder if I'll get my key then so I can preload.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lars Blitzer posted:

So far so good. Like I said, the basic conceit is that the book belongs to April Kelleher, a woman who got the guide as a gag gift, sort of like how "Zombie Survival Guides" became a thing not too long ago, which were rebranded Y2K/Prepper guides with a quick cut-and-paste. She's been using it as a diary of sorts, along with her notes about the author and the guide itself, which has a bunch of codes which indicate the author knew something about the Dollar Bug, or that SOMETHING was about to go down. "She" does most of the heavy lifting when it comes to cracking the codes though. It's handy to have some scratch paper and a pencil while you read it to take some notes yourself. These are all spoilers, but nothing you wouldn't find out within the first few pages anyway. Is it worth your time and money? I'll have to break it down.

Lore: Yes, absolutely. It gives you a frame of reference for the Manhattan we see in the game, especially for how things spiraled out of control, the breakdown of the government and infrastructure, etc. Well worthwhile.

Game Information: Remains to be seen, but given that pages of the guide can be collected in game indicates that tracking down locations, events, etc mentioned in the guide could be fruitful ie. ECHOs, Cell recordings, info collectibles, maybe even some equipment. Might give the JTF in game a better idea of what's going on (and unlock/improve the base). I'll make a stab at confirming this in the coming week.

The Book Itself: As a book on its own merits, I'd say the writing is good. The main text of the guide is direct and makes a good case for being prepared, while the meta-text of April's notes fleshes the events out nicely. It does the job sufficiently. plus, the artifacts included (missing poster, map, transit card, etc) really do help with immersion.

Overall, It's worth your $25 US.

ok cool. i will have to pick it up sometime

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

evil_bunnY posted:

He said battlefront not battlefield

Ups, I didn't even read that. My brain assumed he ment Battlefield4 because we played that together.

Still the point about the Division being non-twitchy and having PvE still applies, which means so does the point about my blood pressure, hehe.

As for Battlefront, yeah that game has potential but it tanked and is most likely beyond saving. Which I hate.
The main problem with Battlefront from a game concept perspective is it is all pretty but lacks any story and single player content. Add the lovely programming of really important features for a pure MP game like the obnoxious and broken party system on PC, and the lack of any basic numerical balancing and you have a dying game on your hands.

Luckily the DZ needs no numerical balancing as it is not a 2 team war. It does not matter whether there are 10 or 20 people in a DZ. The party system in The Division works fine from what we have seen and you only need 4 people to coordinate and play coop with. That seems very doable and the betas have both been fun. And even if the gameplay starts being repetitive after a while, there is loads more of a game world to discover in this game than in Battlefronts 16 maps. Plus don't forget the scarfs. Seriously, the loot hoarding is a huge part to keep player motivation up if it is done reasonably well.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Just went to check my amazon order. I'm an idiot. I ordered a physical copy since the PC download didn't have the Prime discount.

Whatevs.. Ordered the book while I was there, will get them both on the 8th at the latest (Even though it says shipping tomorrow with 2-day shipping).

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Even if the game is poo poo it will be fun ruining the day of pubs in the DZ, and talk poo poo with goons.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Hopper posted:

As for Battlefront, yeah that game has potential but it tanked and is most likely beyond saving. Which I hate.
Battlefront had like 2 maps at launch and they're acting all surprised it tanked so hard.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Sandweed posted:

Even if the game is poo poo it will be fun ruining the day of pubs in the DZ, and talk poo poo with goons.

Yeah I need a goon fix. Lonewolfing in Battlefront made it suck even more.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

poptart_fairy posted:

Cool. I'll go digital for PS4 then. I have a feeling the boxed copy would be one of those infuriating "3 gig installed now lets download the other thirty anyway" things.

Just been informed by my local store that the game is in stock and ready to pick up. :psyduck:

Guess that's my decision made for me, huh. I know the servers won't be up though, so it'll just sit there and taunt me.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Sandweed posted:

I don't work for Nvidia.

I meant posting the links dude.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I wonder if that means we'll get our GMG keys today?

GMG has a bad habit of either not getting or not releasing their keys until either launch or a few hours beforehand for preloading.

Occasionally they pop them out early but I've bought several keys from them and it's rare I have my key before other people are playing.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Every key I've gotten from GMG has been sent out in time for preload & release but those were all steam keys. Never gotten a straight ubi one before.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Weird, mine have all been Steam keys as well. Guess it's just a case by case thing, maybe they do waves or something. Here's hoping you get yours today then.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Hm, just checked out the gmg twitter

quote:

Hey there. Apologies,we're still waiting on keys. Will be sending once we have them, closer to/on release.

It's down to ubi to not gently caress this up then.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

dogstile posted:

I meant posting the links dude.

Bookmark the nvida page and check it once every 24 hours. I can't extract your loot for you :)

evil_bunnY posted:

Battlefront had like 2 maps at launch and they're acting all surprised it tanked so hard.

Sales wise Battlefront probably did really well for them.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sandweed posted:

Bookmark the nvida page and check it once every 24 hours. I can't extract your loot for you :)

Sales wise Battlefront probably did really well for them.

lol if that game didn't have the Star Wars IP attached to it the sales would have been hilarious.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Hm, just checked out the gmg twitter

It's down to ubi to not gently caress this up then.

GMG doesn't get their Keys from Ubisoft.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
I didn't buy on GMG, but the source I purchased the Gold Edition from informed me that keys would be distributed between 24-48hrs before the actual launch.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Eh, I'm sure GMG will come through in a decent amount of time. I still wonder if their keys are going to come with the Hazmat pre-order set or not regardless of them not mentioning it on the page.

I also wonder whether or not the Sawed-Off Shotgun from the season pass is something that will legit never drop/appear in shops for you if you don't have it or if it's just some starter kit thing and it still drops later in the game normally even if you don't have the pass.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

evil_bunnY posted:

Lol if you didn't buy battlefront to unlock of Diorama figurines.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

year 1 content trailer:
https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/705437642280738816

The big bullet points:

1) Expansion 2 DOES look like all NYC = Dark Zone, pretty much
2) Loot trading will come later

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Eh, I'm sure GMG will come through in a decent amount of time. I still wonder if their keys are going to come with the Hazmat pre-order set or not regardless of them not mentioning it on the page.

I also wonder whether or not the Sawed-Off Shotgun from the season pass is something that will legit never drop/appear in shops for you if you don't have it or if it's just some starter kit thing and it still drops later in the game normally even if you don't have the pass.

I think it would be silly to assume that sawed off shotguns can't be acquired any other way in the game. The pre-order gold one probably just has a different name and/or ones in game don't drop until higher level content

Roman posted:

year 1 content trailer:

The big bullet points:

That video got me mad hype now!

Also biggest bullet point at least for the nerds in this thread... INCURSIONS aka END GAME RAID TYPE poo poo WITH LOOTS

thebushcommander fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 3, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Roman posted:

year 1 content trailer:

The big bullet points:

Man they are really trying to mirror destiny.

So basically added dungeons or raids.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 3, 2016

ObesePriest
Nov 4, 2008
I really hope they don't add loot trading or at least limit it to blues and maybe purples.

Maybe loot trade with your buds within an hour of pick up of a legendary like diabloo

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

ObesePriest posted:

I really hope they don't add loot trading or at least limit it to blues and maybe purples.

Maybe loot trade with your buds within an hour of pick up of a legendary like diabloo

Why not? loot is personal at least for anything other than killing rogues in the DZ. If I am rolling around with a sweet rear end AR and my buddy is stuck using some common piece of poo poo that does no damage and I happen to loot a decent upgrade for him what is wrong with being able to trade it to him?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

thebushcommander posted:

Why not? loot is personal at least for anything other than killing rogues in the DZ. If I am rolling around with a sweet rear end AR and my buddy is stuck using some common piece of poo poo that does no damage and I happen to loot a decent upgrade for him what is wrong with being able to trade it to him?

Because, that's how destiny does it!

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
GEAR SETS :suicide:

Why are GEAR SETS such a huge thing. It's loving annoying.

Also every trailer for this game just gets me insanely hyped for some reason.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Naturally Selected posted:

Also every trailer for this game just gets me insanely hyped for some reason.

ObesePriest
Nov 4, 2008

thebushcommander posted:

Ha yeah let me rephrase, I really liked how diablo did it where you could trade with your party members within an hour of pick up.

I personally think that the auction house and to a less degree trading ruined diablo's economy. People just played auction house hunter or started just farming gold by destroying pots over and over again to buy their equipment instead of actually playing the game but i guess more power to them?

but anyway doesnt matter haha if it happens it happens. I just want my pretty princess to be the most unique of them all with my legendary scarf of +10 fashion

Tenzarin posted:

Because, that's how destiny does it!

We both know we both love that destiny.

Ostrava
Aug 21, 2014

Dead Like Rev posted:

If you know you're going to buy it any ways pre-ordering isn't stupid right? Right?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Steam pre-load is up. :getin:

Incursions = Raids, I take it?

Also, Columbus Circle is right next to Central Park...

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 3, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I have a idea about how to continue the story of the game and give it momentum.

https://www.edf.org/blog/2016/02/11/human-emissions-just-cancelled-next-ice-age-heres-why-we-should-care

Humans actions have cancelled a Ice Age.

*puts on american right wing hat*

But what if not? What if humanity *has not* cancelled a Ice Age? that the actions of humanity are not enough to affect the climate in the whole planet enough for that?

Then russian would soon be a huge ice cape. So will be canada, and parts of usa.

What if... the russians decide to emigrate to usa. That the virus is Stage 0 of a plan to send the whole population of Russia to live in the america continent. To do so, they first need to weak the original american population, destroy the governement, then act.

So New York summer become a cold winter, where if you are outside at night you will froze and die (not if or buts, but die in 20 seconds).

So people decide to live underground, in the tunnels.

Then you have crazy russians, the original population, everyone fighting in the tunnels, with the surface being a deadly enviroment if you can't manage to find the next settler in time before the next snow storm, or the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Does GMG issue refunds on none released preorders? I think I want to cancel and just get it through uplay so I know I can get it preloaded before I have to go out of town and probably can't download 30 gigs of poo poo on a hotel internet.

• Locked thread