Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Bugsy posted:

http://omegak2.net/poe/enchantments.html

Not sure how accurate the data mined stuff is but :drat:.

Some enchantments that piqued my interest while skimming (spoilers I guess):

80% chance to Avoid being Stunned if you've Killed Recently
40% increased Abyssal Cry Damage
Arc chains an additional 3 times
45% reduced Ball Lightning Projectile Speed
100% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Chaos Golems
Ground Slam has a 24% increased angle
30% increased Lightning Strike Pierce Chance
30% reduced Lightning Warp Duration
3 additional Molten Strike Projectiles
15% of Rejuvenation Totem life regeneration added as mana Regeneration (is this effected by mana regen % increases?)
30% reduced Spectral Throw Projectile Deceleration (what?)
Tempest Shield chains an additional 3 times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

:frogsiren:9% increased Attack Speed per Reave stack:frogsiren:
45% reduced Earthquake Duration
Fire Nova Mine repeats an additional 2 times
Lightning Arrow hits 3 additional targets

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Count Uvula posted:

Some enchantments that piqued my interest while skimming (spoilers I guess):

80% chance to Avoid being Stunned if you've Killed Recently
40% increased Abyssal Cry Damage
Arc chains an additional 3 times
45% reduced Ball Lightning Projectile Speed
100% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Chaos Golems
Ground Slam has a 24% increased angle
30% increased Lightning Strike Pierce Chance
30% reduced Lightning Warp Duration
3 additional Molten Strike Projectiles
15% of Rejuvenation Totem life regeneration added as mana Regeneration (is this effected by mana regen % increases?)
30% reduced Spectral Throw Projectile Deceleration (what?)
Tempest Shield chains an additional 3 times

Holy poo poo those are loving CRAZY powerful! gently caress, you can get 97% reduced duration lightning warp! It also looks like the Labyrinth scales up to possibly level 80 if the datamining is correct. God knows how tough that's going to be.

Also, Ice Spear could be quite interesting this league with Assassin: 6 power charges + 7% base = 10% base, 2nd form has +600% crit chance, giving 70% crit. Add 300% increased crit from charges and you get 100% crit, capped at 95%, for literally no crit investment whatsover on your tree or gear. Sounds like it could be quite fun.

edit: Oh I forgot about the whole 100% more chance to crit on full life, but honestly that's only going to affect the first-stage aspect. Which is still nice I suppose.

:siren::siren::siren:

quote:

EnchantmentEarthquakeDuration2 75 45% reduced Earthquake Duration

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Mar 4, 2016

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
I wonder whether a CoC discharger would benefit more from 3 additional Molten Strike Projectiles or 30% chance for Discharge not to consume Charges...

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

nightwisher posted:

EnchantmentEarthquakeDuration2 75 45% reduced Earthquake Duration

I believe that makes 135ms delay possible. And people thought you couldn't attack fast with it. If it doesn't, it definitely makes 248ms possible.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Mar 4, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Some of those enchantments are huge power boosts, I wouldn't be surprised to see white helms with popular enchants being sold for a bit, 300+ random effects basically means you are never going to see the one you want.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Some of those enchantments are huge power boosts, I wouldn't be surprised to see white helms with popular enchants being sold for a bit, 300+ random effects basically means you are never going to see the one you want.

At least you can reroll enchantments on items and don't have to use a fresh item every time like vaal orbs, so there's that small consolation at least.

But yeah, this league is going to possibly make all those 1c rares in your shop that don't sell possible candidates for an enchantment run, might get something nice.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

dis astranagant posted:

Lightning Arrow hits 3 additional targets

I missed that one, but I might still reconsider SA / TS if I get either of:
3 additional Split Arrow Projectiles
2 secondary Tornado Shot Projectiles

Does anyone know if the effect "Flasks gain a Charge every 3 seconds" from Nature's Boon in Pathfinder will benefit from "% increased Flask Charges gained" such as in Primal Spirit and Druidic Rites or belt mods?

I'm assuming it should, but if it doesn't I might change my plans.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

dis astranagant posted:

I believe that makes 135ms delay possible. And people thought you couldn't attack fast with it. If it doesn't, it definitely makes 248ms possible.

That's with 15% Rapid Decay + 10% 20/20 Less Duration + 12% warped timepiece + 45% enchantment correct? Giving you 82% reduced duration, with 50% less = 91% reduced duration. Don't see why any of those elements wouldn't affect the skill, so it's going to be funny as gently caress seeing people throw down 7 earthquakes a second.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

nightwisher posted:

That's with 15% Rapid Decay + 10% 20/20 Less Duration + 12% warped timepiece + 45% enchantment correct? Giving you 82% reduced duration, with 50% less = 91% reduced duration. Don't see why any of those elements wouldn't affect the skill, so it's going to be funny as gently caress seeing people throw down 7 earthquakes a second.

Exactly. I don't know enough about rapid decay to be 100% on it working but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
You know what's a good synergy with Earthquake? Assassin's Ambush. As long as you have 50% chance to crit, and the next pack is clean, you have a guaranteed crit. Which means you can stack a ridiculous amount of crit multi. Unfortunately, you do not want any damage to occur until your main hit, which means you do not want any heralds, which means there is no easy way to get power charges (I don't think Unstable Infusion will be reliable enough). Therefore, I was thinking to go Blasphemy-Assassin's Mark. The extra crit multi can't hurt.

I think you can mainhand a Doryani's Catalyst, with the option of either a 80% crit chance dagger with a crit multi roll, or an armour shield on offhand. Wear an Abyssus for the crazy crit multi, but if you do, you're probably wanting a lightning coil to Not Die. Rings can be pure resist, boots need life/MS/resists, gloves can be life/resists or a facebreakers for more dps.

Here is the tree. Since we're going from Shadow to Templar, you go past a ton of AoE nodes, which also works nicely with earthquake. We grab Sovereignty for the mana reservation, at level 80, you get a minimum of 683 mana, and with hatred + arctic armour + blasphemy, you have 27mp remaining, more than enough to use the incredibly mana frugal earthquake.

Links:
Chest:
Earthquake-Less Duration-Melee Physical-Fortify-Added fire/Physical to Lightning/WED/IAoE/Conc

3Ls:
Leap Slam/Whirling Blades-FA-Fortify
Decoy Totem-IDur-ECry

4Ls:
Heavy Strike-MPD-Increased Crit strikes-Stun
Hatred-AA-Blasphemy-AssMark
CwDT-ICall-IDur-MShell

This build could be silly good for map clearing, though it may be just a little too much overkill.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

dis astranagant posted:

Exactly. I don't know enough about rapid decay to be 100% on it working but I don't see why it wouldn't.

I can verify with personal experience that as long as a skill has a duration tag on it, rapid decay will affect it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Trying to think of a good starting build to try that doesn't need exalt orbs worth of gear.

Thinking Righteous fire totem marauder or Necromancer witch or a elemental witch or shadow caster with ice or lightning, what are some good options?

Are chaos damage builds finally viable with the latest skill tree rework?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Can I get an invite to the guild? My name is EnemyGoatSpotted.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I take it you didn't play Talisman league at all...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did the new league start yet.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Count Uvula posted:

I take it you didn't play Talisman league at all...

Nope, been waiting for the expansion.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

euphronius posted:

Did the new league start yet.

5.5 hours remain.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Nope, been waiting for the expansion.

true chaos or chaos conversion (from phys, fire or lightning) were uber viable

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

http://poeprices.info/

is this a real site that I should trust with pricing or do I have to relearn what things are worth again

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Mortimer posted:

http://poeprices.info/

is this a real site that I should trust with pricing or do I have to relearn what things are worth again

Very very roughly. I would just ask gchat if something drops and you aren't sure.

papanugget
Aug 8, 2000
I got a question maybe some of you guys can answer.

Why isn't Frenzy - GMP - Curse on Hit - AssMark a thing? Aside from losing a gem slot (not an issue for me) every Voltaxic LA build I've seen recommends Herald of Thunder - CoH - AssMark instead with Blood Rage to generate frenzies.

Pros
-can fire offscreen and generate frenzy charges / power charges
-don't have to rely on radius of HoT to curse
-don't have to rely running pack to pack for overkill on HoT to curse
-can be used in single boss fights with no adds to get charges

Cons
-lose a gem slot
-automated cursing is better
-???

Internet Nobody
May 17, 2009
Trying to decide what build to go - I've played dual FT templar, arc crit witch and tshot ranger so far. Thinking i want to do an MF build to start with this league and try and build up some currency first. Should i do dual RF Cheiftain or CA Scion? Or something else cheap and fun?

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.
I'm in the CA Scion camp this league mostly because I'm not going to have much if any time and I want that sweet sweet MF chance for anything (and I can't stand the delay on RF totems).

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Trying to think of a good starting build to try that doesn't need exalt orbs worth of gear.

Thinking Righteous fire totem marauder or Necromancer witch or a elemental witch or shadow caster with ice or lightning, what are some good options?

Consider ZiggyD's AoE caster build. It works with literally any AoE edit:elemental damage spell and levels super fast with no real gear requirements. Check out the video here for more info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9_oHM8jzts

It's the build I'm going to start the new league with.

kung fu jive fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 4, 2016

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

papanugget posted:

Why isn't Frenzy - GMP - Curse on Hit - AssMark a thing? Aside from losing a gem slot (not an issue for me) every Voltaxic LA build I've seen recommends Herald of Thunder - CoH - AssMark instead with Blood Rage to generate frenzies.

Frenzy isn't a projectile attack is it? It just adds a bonus to your plain attack, which can't be GMP'd.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I haven't seen any of the usual summoner gurus do guide writeups on the official forums, are there any good guides posted elsewhere? AngryAfrican mentioned on his stream that he's going to go spectre + SRS, and I want a piece of that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No one writes guides anymore

You have to watch a 29 minute YouTube to get any information.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

euphronius posted:

No one writes guides anymore

You have to watch a 29 minute YouTube to get any information.

I'd take that as well, as long as there's a skilltree link

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Lungboy posted:

Frenzy isn't a projectile attack is it? It just adds a bonus to your plain attack, which can't be GMP'd.

Frenzy can be GMP'd. There's no such thing as a skill being a bonus to a plain attack, if it's an active skill gem it is its own thing.

However, it only adds one frenzy charge per attack.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Count Uvula posted:

Frenzy can be GMP'd. There's no such thing as a skill being a bonus to a plain attack, if it's an active skill gem it is its own thing.

However, it only adds one frenzy charge per attack.

Fair enough, as Frenzy doesn't have the projectile tag i thought it couldn't be GMPd.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

papanugget posted:

Pros

Cons
-lose a gem slot
-???

Personally. I am too lazy for that, and I don't think most people do HoT normally - but HoI is good and easy.

You could copy Mathil though, which seems like the better option in my opinion:

quote:

For Mapping - Frenzy + Curse on hit + Assassin's Mark + Herald of Ice
For Atziri - Frenzy + Curse on hit + Assassin's Mark + Herald of Thunder

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

papanugget posted:

Pros

Cons
-lose a gem slot
-???

Most of the time its smoother and slightly faster to run around and fire your damaging attacks, weaving in a CoH setup slows you down slightly. And if you stay at max power charges through a whole map, there isnt much need to try something else.

^^^^ But yeah, what mathil uses is really good for fights where you can't proc your heralds often enough. like longer boss fights.

Melek
May 23, 2003
Why would I get a DVD ROM drive when I have two DVD players in my house? Please send me $50 cash so I can get a DVD Drive. Or better yet please send me $10 bux so I can have this ugly red title removed.
Hrm, looks like I got purged halfway through talisman. Could a kind soul reinvite me please? Character name Faralytic_Virulence.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
poedb has datamined values for Ascendancy gems up

It looks like Earthquake got super nerfed already; the aftershock used to be 80% more damage, and is now just increased :(

Neversink's filter is also updated

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

amazeballs posted:

Consider ZiggyD's AoE caster build. It works with literally any AoE edit:elemental damage spell and levels super fast with no real gear requirements. Check out the video here for more info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9_oHM8jzts

It's the build I'm going to start the new league with.

That certainly is a trailer for Paragon.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Mystery Prize posted:

poedb has datamined values for Ascendancy gems up

It looks like Earthquake got super nerfed already; the aftershock used to be 80% more damage, and is now just increased :(

Neversink's filter is also updated

Hm, the efficacy of level 20 cluster traps is 252% of base damage, while level 20 multiple traps is 237%. That's fine, but cluster traps has a lower mana multiplier and I can't think of any situations I'd rather have multiple traps in... Assuming no one would keep it around for the really niche purpose of fighting Voll/other bosses that charge in a straight line

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
A wild Chris appears:

papanugget posted:

my guess: if you're frying most mobs in a couple of seconds, stopping to curse slows you down a lot

and around the stuff that isn't dead on sight, you don't want to be standing still to curse them. HoT will automatically curse and re-curse curse-resistant map bosses as you vaporize their adds

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Count Uvula posted:

Hm, the efficacy of level 20 cluster traps is 252% of base damage, while level 20 multiple traps is 237%. That's fine, but cluster traps has a lower mana multiplier and I can't think of any situations I'd rather have multiple traps in... Assuming no one would keep it around for the really niche purpose of fighting Voll/other bosses that charge in a straight line

From the experience of everyone who has played trappers and streamed the alpha, Multitrap is a hot steaming pile of garbage that needs to be removed from the game and die in a fire like Elemental Hit. There's no reason to ever use that gem when Cluster Trap exists, and there was basically no reason to ever use that gem when Cluster Trap didn't exist. You can't consistently hit enemies with more than 1 Multitrap and it completely wrecks your ability to throw traps over obstacles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

That certainly is a trailer for Paragon.

Yeah apparently the Android function to copy video url quite literally copies the video playing at the moment, even if it's an ad. :confuoot:

Updated with the correct video.

• Locked thread