Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

beaver_cheese posted:

Probably a bit off topic, but this game is finally forcing me to become an elite no scope gamer and buy a headset.

Any recommendations on a good headset? Don't need anything crazy expensive. Just something to be able to respond to people when they're trying to gank me.

What are you guys using?

Few options. Personally, I like a desktop mic and your own headphones. Reasons being, 1 if you want to drink or chew food, you're not chomping and also you don't breath into the mic, altough your desktop mic position also determines if you'll pick up keyboard or mouse clicks, I put mine in a cheap boom stand.

I use a Snowball mic and Koss PortaPro headphones for my setup. The beauty of a separate mic/headphones is picking what you want. I found headsets can have good audio playback or a good mic but it's hard to find both. The PortaPro are straight from the 80's but I've had a hard time finding a better headphone for the price.

Some headphone options I've heard good reviews on are the Sony MDR7506 headphones. I like the design of Audio Technica ATH-AD900X but holy gently caress that's a pretty penny for headphones I'll probably break. The design sits completely over the ears, so you don't have that smushed ear feeling.

For headsets, I have Kingston Cloud for my PS4 but they work on PC as well. They work nice for a headset and you can disconnect the mic so you can use them as normal headphones, they have in line mute, adapters galore and open or closed ear muffs in the box and carrying bag. The Cloud II comes with rainbow six siege for free so keep the key or sell it for a better deal. My friends swear by their Sennheiser Headsets but those are $200, non removable mic but you just slide it up to mute, which is nice. They have Game One version that is cheaper but looks like the same thing.

Modmic.com is good to add to existing headphones, but the magnet holding it can have the mic pop off if the mic cable gets snagged. A but annoying having two cables come off your head, twice as many snag points. My buddy has one and it sounds good.

Billy Elliot fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Akion posted:

Ubi has indicated this method won't work.

it has worked so far, have friends that show the keys were successfully added in UK and Singapore? so unless there blocking them now? Can you link your source please?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

shankerz posted:

Just a reminder if your outside of USA and want the 4x DLC (Agent Origins) that USA gets for free send me a PM, i will make a fake account for you and send you back the CD KEY, 22 done so far!
Not all heroes wear capes

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

LCL-Dead posted:

It worked fine for me. Key was available immediately after purchase. DLC3 looks like horde mode, btw. Defend against more and more rushes from enemy NPCs. I only bought the gold edition because this is the first game in probably a decade that I've actually found myself excited over (excluding Star Citizen in the early days).

Just canceled my GMG and did the Gameplanet deal. Instant code, $70 for gold edition with the 5% off steam group discount as well. So all works well.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Tenzarin posted:

Temporary Australian wont work on PC?

No because it's a global single launch time on PC. There's no staggered release like some games.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

shankerz posted:

it has worked so far, have friends that show the keys were successfully added in UK and Singapore? so unless there blocking them now? Can you link your source please?

Yeah, they indicated that when the game actually launches, it will check your IP against it and if it's not an N/A IP it won't work.

I mean, they could be lying out their rear end, who knows.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Akion posted:

Yeah, they indicated that when the game actually launches, it will check your IP against it and if it's not an N/A IP it won't work.

I mean, they could be lying out their rear end, who knows.

Guessing this could be easily circumvented by a VPN to newyork or something? there are ton of free VPN's

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

shankerz posted:

Guessing this could be easily circumvented by a VPN to newyork or something? there are ton of free VPN's

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1374222-Free-NYC-PD-NYC-FD-PARAMEDIC-and-new-HUNTER-Outfits?p=11349430&viewfull=1#post11349430

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Ok so they are saying my work using a VPN to obtain the code wont work to "Get the code" but it doesn't say that if you use a VPN to connect to the game first from the USA that it wont work. Assuming the first connect will land you as USA and give the item to you after it checks your IP to USA.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

shankerz posted:

Ok so they are saying my work using a VPN to obtain the code wont work to "Get the code" but it doesn't say that if you use a VPN to connect to the game first from the USA that it wont work. Assuming the first connect will land you as USA and give the item to you after it checks your IP to USA.

The game will be playable on the US on March 7 at 11pm CST or 9PM PST.... what's the rush?

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 4, 2016

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
:psyduck:
loving hell in a handbasket. That's the bloody page that wasn't loading for me for half the week.
Thanks for the clear up. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long to get my code.
May Black Friday bestow you many fashionable scarves.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Ostrava posted:

Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a some headphones that are worth it. After replacing several "gamer" headsets I finally went with something reputable. I recommend the ATH-m50 family and then get your self one of these after market mics It's probably more than you're looking to spend based off your post but if you learn from my mistakes and consider I arrived at these products _after_ other ones failed on me it makes sense.

If you're absolutely hell bent on a "gamer" headsets consider Logitech because unlike most other "gamer" hardware they offer a damned warranty. never buy razer or steel series, they're well marketed garbage.

If you have some sticker shock on the MTH's don't worry, they go on sale alllllll the time. Just keep an eye out.

I'd steer away from Razer because the pair I had years ago was really uncomfortable, but the parts seemed to work fine. There are lots of really awesome headphones and mics that are pricey but will last forever. There are plenty of totally reasonable, durable headset/mic combos for under $100 to get in, however. The reason I couldn't use a warranty on my angry sneer quotes gamer headphones was because they lasted for 4 years. It's fine to be mad, just be truthful.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Been using razer tiamat 7.1 for awhile. Pretty good and it hides the mic.

You could just use like iphone earbuds, like "sound fidelity" really matters blasting dudes.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Tango spotted, marking target for primary fire solution

*points at APC*

MagnumOpus
Dec 7, 2006

I have a set of HyperX Cloud IIs and they are fantastic. Blocks an awful lot of outside noise, sounds great, and most importantly for me I can wear them with my glasses for hours on end and feel nothing.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I actually really love my Astro A50s, but I'd never spend $300. You can get them used for 180 or so. They pull double duty on the PS4 and Xbone as well.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I have some Logitech headphones, but the left ear-piece slides out so its taped in place and I've jury-rigged a Track IR thing to the side with a paper clip to keep it from falling apart.

The quality of either product is questionable.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Badfinger posted:

I'd steer away from Razer because the pair I had years ago was really uncomfortable, but the parts seemed to work fine. There are lots of really awesome headphones and mics that are pricey but will last forever. There are plenty of totally reasonable, durable headset/mic combos for under $100 to get in, however. The reason I couldn't use a warranty on my angry sneer quotes gamer headphones was because they lasted for 4 years. It's fine to be mad, just be truthful.

Yeah I've purchased a fair amount of mice/keyboards/mousepads from Razer. They've always replaced everything that was under warranty with no problems or hassle what so ever. Even when I've had minor issues, ie the detachable cord on a controller was broken, they just sent me a brand new everything. Ditto with Steelseries.

The argument against gamer headsets is that the quality of the audio is generally poor compared to a high end set of head phones from companies like Grado, Sennheiser, Audio Technica, and other audiophile centric brands. Sure there are decent gaming headsets (Steelseries, Razer, Logitech, all of them make passable ones) but they simply don't sound as good as buying proper headphones and then slapping a modmic on them or buying a stand alone microphone. Your paying for the simplicity of having mic + earphones in one device but sacrificing quality. The workaround is shelling out the 150-400 bucks for a Sennheiser or AT gaming headset, but at that point you have the budget to just buy audiophile Sennhiesers/AT anyways.

Code Keyboard MX browns + Steelseries Sensei Raw + Artisian Hayate otsu + Sennheiser HD 380 + modmic 4.0

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

MagnumOpus posted:

I have a set of HyperX Cloud IIs and they are fantastic. Blocks an awful lot of outside noise, sounds great, and most importantly for me I can wear them with my glasses for hours on end and feel nothing.

I moved from a razer kraken to a hyperx cloud and I couldn't be happier. The razer was well built, but extremly unconfortable.So much so, that I had to stop playing sometimes because of how sore my ears would get.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

Pigbottom posted:

I moved from a razer kraken to a hyperx cloud and I couldn't be happier. The razer was well built, but extremly unconfortable so much so that I had to stop playing sometimes because of how sore my ears would get.

Also gonna hop on this train. I have a huge head and huge ears and glasses and there were essentially zero headsets I could find that wouldn't give me a massive headache after 10 minutes of use. Got the HyperX Cloud after a streamer recommended them to me and oh my god I want to sleep in them. So comfortable. Great mic quality, too.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

All of this time zone talk confuses me sometimes and I have a math degree. I'm man enough to admit I need help: when would this unlock for me in I'm in California and playing a digital copy on PS4?

Explain your work and write clearly.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

omg chael crash posted:

All of this time zone talk confuses me sometimes and I have a math degree. I'm man enough to admit I need help: when would this unlock for me in I'm in California and playing a digital copy on PS4?

Two weeks from last Tuesday.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Tuesday at midnight or during tuesday, seems like they control the server switch unlike singleplayer games.

Jolarix
Feb 28, 2004
Your reading skill has increased by +1 point(s).
Got my PS4 disc in the mail super early. Thanks Best Buy! Downloaded the 3GB update file.

Now staring at the -servers down- error message :derp:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tempus Thales posted:

The game will be playable on the US on March 7 at 11pm CST or 9PM PST.... what's the rush?

Way to jump into a conversation halfway done without reading the context. There's no rush. You have completely misunderstood what he was posting about.

Shankerz is not trying to play the game early. He's trying to unlock the NA exclusive skins in other countries. Entirely different issue dude.

Just because he's talking about using a VPN doesn't mean he's trying to get early access.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

omg chael crash posted:

You should be able to play 9PM on Monday

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Do European firemen look like American firemen with the same hats?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Tango spotted, marking target for primary fire solution

*points at APC*

Circular error probable zero. Impact with high-order detonation. Have a nice day.

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 4, 2016

Ostrava
Aug 21, 2014

MysteriousStranger posted:

Yeah I've purchased a fair amount of mice/keyboards/mousepads from Razer. They've always replaced everything that was under warranty with no problems or hassle what so ever. Even when I've had minor issues, ie the detachable cord on a controller was broken, they just sent me a brand new everything. Ditto with Steelseries.

The argument against gamer headsets is that the quality of the audio is generally poor compared to a high end set of head phones from companies like Grado, Sennheiser, Audio Technica, and other audiophile centric brands. Sure there are decent gaming headsets (Steelseries, Razer, Logitech, all of them make passable ones) but they simply don't sound as good as buying proper headphones and then slapping a modmic on them or buying a stand alone microphone. Your paying for the simplicity of having mic + earphones in one device but sacrificing quality. The workaround is shelling out the 150-400 bucks for a Sennheiser or AT gaming headset, but at that point you have the budget to just buy audiophile Sennhiesers/AT anyways.

Code Keyboard MX browns + Steelseries Sensei Raw + Artisian Hayate otsu + Sennheiser HD 380 + modmic 4.0

How dare you group Logitech in with Steelseries and Razor. Logitech deserves better.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Ostrava posted:

How dare you group Logitech in with Steelseries and Razor. Logitech deserves better.

I like my Steelseries merc keyboard, though I may get something new soon because it's actually creaking when I type. Looking at the g910 for a replacement. Already bought The Division, so I would sell the copy I would get from that.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Dezztroy posted:

You should be able to play 9PM on Monday

as a reminder;

Ubi posted:

The client size will vary from 26.9 to 34.4 GB depending on your platform and region.

PLAYTIME

Retail (physical) versions for each platform will be available to play at the following times:

Xbox One and PlayStation®4 will be available as soon as the servers open on Tuesday, March 8, 00:01AM Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) (March 7 at 2 pm CET/8 am EST/5 am PST)

PC will be available worldwide on March 8 at 6 am CET/12 am EST/March 7, 9 pm PST

Digital versions for each platform will be available to play at the following times:

Xbox One will be available on March 8 at 00:01 am in each country's local time (00:01 am EST for USA and Canada).

PlayStation®4 will be available on March 8 starting from 00:01 am in each country’s local time (00:01 EST for USA and Canada) except Japan, where it will be available on March 8 at 00:01 am.

PC will be available worldwide on March 8 at 6 am CET / 12 am EST / March 7, 9 pm PST.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ostrava posted:

Personally I find everything Logitech has made after the MX 518 to be utter dogshit I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. And even then my MX 500/510/518 were constantly losing their feet and Logitech never fixed them for me and dealing with them was worse than dealing with an ASUS RMA. Razer and Steelseries, never had a problem dealing with them. Plus I can actually recommend the DeathAdder, Goliathus, Sensei, Rival, 6gV2 and QCK as quality products... there isn't a single mousepad, mouse, keyboard, or audio product I'd recommend from Logitech over the competition.

EDIT- actually the g600 mouse was nice, but ever since they pushed their gaming line their quality has gone to poo poo and looks like the bastard love child of the new Tron movie and Fast And Furious Honda civic.

MysteriousStranger fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 4, 2016

Ostrava
Aug 21, 2014

MysteriousStranger posted:

Personally I find everything Logitech has made after the MX 518 to be utter dogshit I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. And even then my MX 500/510/518 were constantly losing their feet and Logitech never fixed them for me and dealing with them was worse than dealing with an ASUS RMA. Razer and Steelseries, never had a problem dealing with them. Plus I can actually recommend the DeathAdder, Goliathus, Sensei, Rival, 6gV2 and QCK as quality products... there isn't a single mousepad, mouse, keyboard, or audio product I'd recommend from Logitech over the competition.

I'll be fair and say I haven't bought a steel series product in over 4 years. I bought two of their mice in a row both broke in less than 6 months and they refused to RMA them.

Logitech offers up to 3 year warranties... so i'm a fan.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Are the Amazon physical order sending out codes so you can preload but you'll get the game later or are they only doing that for digital purchase?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Headset chat, some hyper x cloud 2 headset is on sale with a free copy of R6 Siege for $69 on Amazon, don't have a link handy cause I'm on my phone but some recommended it a page back and they are fairly well reviewed on Amazon.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Tempus Thales posted:

It's not the rush about getting game acess on launch day, it's about getting the 4x DLC skins and gear that we get in the USA for free via the Agent Origins for our European and Aussie friends.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

BadLlama posted:

Are the Amazon physical order sending out codes so you can preload but you'll get the game later or are they only doing that for digital purchase?

I'm pretty sure you can load the code into steam or uplay and preload through there.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Zaphod42 posted:

Way to jump into a conversation halfway done without reading the context. There's no rush. You have completely misunderstood what he was posting about.

Shankerz is not trying to play the game early. He's trying to unlock the NA exclusive skins in other countries. Entirely different issue dude.

Just because he's talking about using a VPN doesn't mean he's trying to get early access.

You are right, I misread and jumped to conclusion. I retract myself.

shankerz posted:

It's not the rush about getting game acess on launch day, it's about getting the 4x DLC skins and gear that we get in the USA for free via the Agent Origins for our European and Aussie friends.

Yeah i realize that now, sorry.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
All Agent Intro's in one movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GLJPKQSBuc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Now that i'm at a computer

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016PDY7DQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Are these the headsets some of you seem to love? I've got a Logitech G35 and it feels small on my head. I hate it. Seems well reviewed and all

• Locked thread